PDA

View Full Version : Slow Play

Deadman0004
30th Aug 2009, 20:44
I went onto "can you run it" and Batman: Arkham Asylum is somewhere is in between the minimum specs and the recomended specs for my laptop, however the play is a little slow and everything is turned to the lowest setting.
When i run the game it tells me i need to update my nvidia drivers, but when i do it gives me an error message saying that it cannot find the right video card for the drivers even though i downloaded the right ones.

which im thinking could be the problem?
i have absoloutly no idea!

i have:
Intel(R) Core (TM)2 CPU T5500 @1.66GHz (2 CPUs)
1534MB RAM
Nvidia Geforce Go 7400

Thanks for any help :)

Ace Antilles
30th Aug 2009, 21:46
I assume you are on Vista.
These should be the latest drivers for your card.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_179.48_beta.html

But by latest these are back in February.
Essentially Laptops aren't mostly supported for games properly. And your card won't take advantages of others that have the most updated driver optimised for BAA.

So you will have to get used to the slow play. Sorry.

Deadman0004
30th Aug 2009, 21:48
Nah im on XP sorry i didnt mention that

hmmm looks like i will have to buy an xbox 360 then :(

trek554
30th Aug 2009, 21:53
your gpu is painfully slow for modern games and your cpu is actually a little poky too. the Go 7400 has half the pipelines of the 6600 which is the bare minimum just to play the game. even if you had a strong gpu in that notebook your 1.66 Core 2 cpu would then hold it back a bit. if I lower my Core 2 from 3.16 to just 2.0 I lose a massive amount of fps in this game even at 1920 with very settings and physx on. of course in your case the gpu limitation with your 7400 is the biggest prob.

TwitchyJC
30th Aug 2009, 22:37
Try it without the Phys X stuff. I can run high settings but no Phys X faster than I can with low phys X and low settings.

trek554
30th Aug 2009, 22:40
Try it without the Phys X stuff. I can run high settings but no Phys X faster than I can with low phys X and low settings. I doubt he has physx on in the first place. please read my post above. his card is TOO SLOW for the game.