PDA

View Full Version : For those with weaker GPU's///check this out

iceman0124
30th Aug 2009, 20:15
provided you have enough room in the case (its a huge card) and your PSU can handle it

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130434

EVGA GTX260 core 216 for just over $100 counting the free BAA and rebate. Serious card with the game in discussion included.

My year old 192 core larger die size 260 can handle the demo maxed with physx at full and 16xSF forced in the CP (big visual boost) at 1680x1050.

For those of you pondering an upgrade for this game, if your rig can handle it, this is an insanely good deal. This card wont work with most prebuilt non gaming machines, It requires a strong QUALITY PSU...and takes up a lot of room in a case, I had to relocate a hardrive and redo my wiring to get mine to fit....and I have about an 1/8" to spare in my midtower case.

For those with lower end dell/HP etc machines with a puny PSU and very little room

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125244

or

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102842

Will work nicely and should play the game fairly high at moderate res.(1440x900 and lower) Note physx wont work with ATI hardware as of now. The cards not strong enough anyway, but offers great perrformance with no external power needed and can be found in very small form factors, making it a killer solution for a lot of off the shelf budget PC's,

Note with the sapphire, the 1gb ram looks tempting, but I'd look for the 512 model because the ram is significantly faster, yielding better performance. The cards not strong enough to take advantage of 1GB anyway, and the 512 runs at 1ghzx2 (2ghz effective), the 1GB version runs at 873x2 (1746 effective)

In the midrange and lower cards, vendors dump off large surplusses of slow ram on weaker cards to make them look more appealing to the uneducated ( Hey!! This $70 card has the same amount of memory or more than this $400 card....it must be almost as good!....its NOT) , on a card like the 4670 with a 128 bit bus, smaller amounts of faster mem will give much better performance than a ton of slower mem that the card cant even make full use of.

josephfelice
31st Aug 2009, 00:30
No, they just need to make games better so they can run on everybodys systems with no problem. That is a very good price for a video card though, but like a year and a half ago I paid like 350-400 bucks at newegg for my geforce 8800gts 320mb card. Now everyone tells me that I need to update my video card? Are you ******* serious? They want you to update video cards every year? Thats ridiculous! I want to know why my old amd athlon 3500 and geforce 8800gts 320mb card was good enough to run wolverine, gears of war, fallout 3, unreal 3 at high graphics and 1600 x resolution but now they make some games where I can't even run them at all... Makes no sense since Wolverine only came out like 3-4 months ago. I swear its lazy developers because how come some great graphic looking games run flawlessly on my system while other ones don't?

Knastcore
31st Aug 2009, 00:59
It´s about more than Just the Graphic!

But the Jearly updating ends one day ;) see,,,
http://beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12904

trek554
31st Aug 2009, 02:15
No, they just need to make games better so they can run on everybodys systems with no problem. That is a very good price for a video card though, but like a year and a half ago I paid like 350-400 bucks at newegg for my geforce 8800gts 320mb card. Now everyone tells me that I need to update my video card? Are you ******* serious? They want you to update video cards every year? Thats ridiculous! I want to know why my old amd athlon 3500 and geforce 8800gts 320mb card was good enough to run wolverine, gears of war, fallout 3, unreal 3 at high graphics and 1600 x resolution but now they make some games where I can't even run them at all... Makes no sense since Wolverine only came out like 3-4 months ago. I swear its lazy developers because how come some great graphic looking games run flawlessly on my system while other ones don't? stop using multiple accounts and you dont even know what your specs really are anyway since you mentioned 4 different cpus now.. this is clearly YOU that started this nonsensical thread right here. http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=94209 also many of those games you mentioned would have been a little sluggish with a single core 3500.

iceman0124
31st Aug 2009, 03:00
No, they just need to make games better so they can run on everybodys systems with no problem. That is a very good price for a video card though, but like a year and a half ago I paid like 350-400 bucks at newegg for my geforce 8800gts 320mb card. Now everyone tells me that I need to update my video card? Are you ******* serious? They want you to update video cards every year? Thats ridiculous! I want to know why my old amd athlon 3500 and geforce 8800gts 320mb card was good enough to run wolverine, gears of war, fallout 3, unreal 3 at high graphics and 1600 x resolution but now they make some games where I can't even run them at all... Makes no sense since Wolverine only came out like 3-4 months ago. I swear its lazy developers because how come some great graphic looking games run flawlessly on my system while other ones don't?

You got ripped off then bub....the 320 GTS were just under $300 when launched (USA).A year and a half ago they should have been around $100- $150 tops (Igot my GTX260 about a year ago and sold my 320 megger for $60...) And no one is saying your card "cant" run the game......it CAN run the game , just not at super high settings and full physx support. I highly suspect a GTX 260 will struggle a bit with the final release.

Your cards old....several generations old and was a cut down version of a strong card to being with. Todays games with huge high detail textures need power and MEMORY....320 just doesnt cut it. I Paid $239 for my 8800GTS several years ago, sold it and spent alittle over $300 on my original version 260, which is now right around $100 with the game and rebate....high end PC gaming is an expensive hobby, one of the main resons folks are gravitating to consoles, though with this game, the console cant touch a modereatly high end PC on terms of graphics and extra eye candy.

As stated in one of your otther threads, Assasians Creed showed the weakness of my 320 mb buffer , and shortly after I upgraded.

Crysis was a poorly coded game, BAA isnt, you just dont have the resources to run it balls out...boo hoo....Crysis chugged on quad core monster SLI rigs...and still does maxerd out...and isnt much fun or "that" pretty IMO. BAA with its minimum specs looks to be a very well done game.

I installed the demo on my little brothers machine with a saphire 4670 512mb card, in his dell with an A64x2 3800 4 gb ram and vista HP and it runs high detail, 2x AA ,no dynamic shadows and eveything else on sans physx at 1440x900 beautifully, thats on an old CPU, and a $65 GPU , and still looks a good bit better than the console versions at 1080i.

trek554
31st Aug 2009, 03:04
iceman0124 dont waste your time with him. going by his posts especially under his other his other account he is clearly a troll.

iceman0124
31st Aug 2009, 03:10
True, just dont want others buying into his foolishness and attempt at sabatoging a thread that could help a good number of gamers out with his crybaby antics.