PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question regarding resetting settings.

Muck
28th Aug 2009, 01:10
I downloaded the demo and installed it like normal, and a screen appeared that let me change the graphics options. I set them to max (just to see if my computer can handle it -- it can't), but now, after I exit the game and open it again, it goes straight -into- the game and never gives the original options screen again.

Any idea of how I can get back into the graphics options without having to reinstall the demo altogether?

The_Hylden
28th Aug 2009, 04:25
I'd actually really like to know why the demo has to have like 3 application extensions (not counting the directX and PhysX ones)... It's needlessly confusing. But, anyway...

Go to C:\Program Files\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum Demo (or wherever you downloaded it to) and double click the autorun extension. That will bring up the window with the Install, Play, Install DirectX, Settings, and Install PhysX window. Click the Settings tab and change accordingly. I'd copy and paste a shortcut of this application to your desktop to save you in the future, as you'll most likely need to tweak the settings over and over to get them just right for your PC.

iceman0124
28th Aug 2009, 04:36
or you could do it the easy way and search "BmLauncher.exe"

Or open the bianaries folder in the games directory, thats where it is.

The_Hylden
28th Aug 2009, 04:40
Speaking from personal experience: both bmLauncher and ShippingPC -BMGame fail to bring up the game and/or launch screen, and die with an error. Autorun is the only one that works for me, so I felt it's the most reliable to offer up...

Marcus
28th Aug 2009, 09:28
On XP, use the Start menu to click Launcher. On Vista, right click the game icon in the Games menu and select Launcher

iceman0124
28th Aug 2009, 17:25
Speaking from personal experience: both bmLauncher and ShippingPC -BMGame fail to bring up the game and/or launch screen, and die with an error. Autorun is the only one that works for me, so I felt it's the most reliable to offer up...

I wasnt trying to insult you if it came across that way. Its odd the other exe's dont work for you, did you do a custom install?

The_Hylden
1st Sep 2009, 02:13
Thanks for clarrifying:) And yeah, it's weird. The "default" path the demo installed to was actually my C: Temp folder... Why, who knows. But this meant after playing the demo, all files were immediately errased and would have to be reinstalled again. It took me a few trial and errors before finally manually moving all of those files over into the Programs section where they belonged ... and even then, yeah, only the autorun.exe launcher launches properly. Before I did any of this, I uninstalled the demo, reinstalled. It didn't work, so i did it again, removed all evidence of it from the registry, restarted, then reinstalled. No matter what, I couldn't change the path of the files to go to the temp folder, as that option was grayed out in the installer...

It was very strange and I never made a complaint about it, simply because I can play the game fine. But, yeah, if anyone else has had this issue, let's hope it doesn't happen in the final game. It's probably a Vista thing... Well, maybe, I don't know...

iceman0124
1st Sep 2009, 02:28
I installed via steam and its shortcut only allows the first run to acess the launcher, then you dig for the file

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\batman arkham asylum - demo\Binaries"

Make a shortcut for BmLauncher.exe and it works fine for me in vista 64