PDA

View Full Version : will eidos be relleasing dlc like GTA4

K1Net1C USMC
27th Aug 2009, 23:50
as in will there dlc be contributing to the story?? like GTA4 DLC

Hal_Jordan84
27th Aug 2009, 23:53
if not that maybe some more predator challenge maps. Or a new playable character for the challenge maps like Scarecrow or Harley Quinn.

jacorch
28th Aug 2009, 01:06
I think eidos has a gold mine in their hands, if they really work on the game like they should, maybe new missions in arkham or more stuff to do, than just challenge maps, because after a while they will become boring. and make the game last a few more months, then they should start working on the next batman game (doesnt have to be a sequel) if they already arent

tyler56721
28th Aug 2009, 01:11
I've heard they're working on Hitman 5, although I do hope we get some DLC of some sort. Theres an entire menu section for it, I hope there will be more than dem bones and crime alley.

Vigilance
28th Aug 2009, 01:11
Whatever they do to expand the game, I dearly hope that they wouldn't **** 360 owners in the ass and make it a permanent exclusive like the Joker is on the PS3. Rockstar has already displayed their douchebaggery by allowing their game to have exclusive content like whatever the **** that thing is that I haven't bothered wasting money on, I would hate to see the same thing happen here. As an enormous batman fan who's really pumped about this new game (already beat it and I'm at 80% completion), I would hate to have the wind taken out of my sails by a **** ton of additional PS3-only goodies. Not being able to play as the Joker sucks, but I'll survive that. It would be very disheartening to see the same thing happen with future DLC releases.

jacorch
28th Aug 2009, 01:18
Whatever they do to expand the game, I dearly hope that they wouldn't **** 360 owners in the ass and make it a permanent exclusive like the Joker is on the PS3. Rockstar has already displayed their douchebaggery by allowing their game to have exclusive content like whatever the **** that thing is that I haven't bothered wasting money on, I would hate to see the same thing happen here. As an enormous batman fan who's really pumped about this new game (already beat it and I'm at 80% completion), I would hate to have the wind taken out of my sails by a **** ton of additional PS3-only goodies. Not being able to play as the Joker sucks, but I'll survive that. It would be very disheartening to see the same thing happen with future DLC releases.

Honestly i dont think you are answering the question that was asked, or about the topic at hand, its not about on which console it would come out, its about if it will come out, there are alot of topics about this already (360 vs ps3 exclusivity), if you dont like the joker stuff, well that's how life works, it isn't fair sometimes

tyler56721
28th Aug 2009, 01:21
Its not rocksteady, its the publisher. Eidos made a deal with Sony, similar to what Microsoft did with GTA4.

iamtombombadil
28th Aug 2009, 02:36
if not that maybe some more predator challenge maps. Or a new playable character for the challenge maps like Scarecrow or Harley Quinn.

Ya know. Harley Quinn might make for a fun character to play as while in challenge maps, but Scarecrow? I don't know how he would fare other than an ability to use his fear toxin to drive the enemy insane with fear. Sort of like how in MGS4, the big boss mask scared the daylights outta soldiers. Well, scarecrow would look cool fighting though.

I am hoping to play as Warden Sharp in challenge mode though:lmao:

Riddling Artist
28th Aug 2009, 02:51
it would be awesome if they did it like GTA4... except make it available to everyone. that way theres no ticked people or flame wars on forums. and id love more story expanding content.

Pibbman
28th Aug 2009, 03:25
I've already mentioned this once before here. Personally I don't really care for challenge maps, but thats probably because I suck at combos. However, my thought was more as playing as Harley as she "takes over" the asylum.

So make it a side-story DLC, in which you play harley as she secretly invades Arkham Asylum to take over the security system before the Joker arrives.

Now THAT would be a worthy DLC. I'm sure Eidos already has a bunch of DLC Challenge maps planned. It would make sense as a side-story as well, and it would offer another perspective to the story.

Vigilance
28th Aug 2009, 05:32
Honestly i dont think you are answering the question that was asked, or about the topic at hand, its not about on which console it would come out, its about if it will come out, there are alot of topics about this already (360 vs ps3 exclusivity), if you dont like the joker stuff, well that's how life works, it isn't fair sometimes
There's no DLC announced. It's all speculation. Non-exclusive DLC is the best we can speculate right now, and, for 360 owners, the most hopeful thing we can speculate. The game JUST came out. So kindly **** off.

king001
28th Aug 2009, 05:34
I think the two face bank robbery is going to be dlc. And it's gonna be you taking him back to arkham. One thing I would like them to add is to put all the villans back in their cells like Harley and clayface are so we can see them

Vigilance
28th Aug 2009, 05:37
A bank robbery mission with Two Face would be awesome. I think it'd be cool for that to start off the next game as well, assuming there would be a next game.

Blade176
28th Aug 2009, 05:38
I'd pay $5 for a new run animation. It's my only annoyance with the game right now. :p

EliteF50
28th Aug 2009, 05:44
I would pay twenty dollars for a little DLC sequel to the game. I want to see what Batman does after he goes back to Gotham.

A Dark Hunter
28th Aug 2009, 06:57
I would pay twenty dollars for a little DLC sequel to the game. I want to see what Batman does after he goes back to Gotham.

Falls asleep. That's what I would do. :p

JamieMadr0x
28th Aug 2009, 09:02
new playable characters has my vote

Drazar
28th Aug 2009, 09:12
Multiplatform DLCs are planned, Joker is the ONLY PS3 exclusive DLC there is. This has been discussed before but since we got bunch of new people i thought id leave this, oh and please be careful with the language next time.

jacorch
29th Aug 2009, 01:44
There's no DLC announced. It's all speculation. Non-exclusive DLC is the best we can speculate right now, and, for 360 owners, the most hopeful thing we can speculate. The game JUST came out. So kindly **** off.

lol first you whine about something that gold old a long time ago, and then you say we are speculating, i know we are speculating but lets speculate about, what the topic is about, and not what hurts you and doesnt let you sleep at nights, now if you excuse me ill go do, what you wanted me to, i guess you want me to experience what you like doing all the time.

SammiiDoogles
29th Aug 2009, 01:49

You might wanna watch your language :thumb:

Disco Phantasm
29th Aug 2009, 01:57
[B]Multiplatform DLCs are planned.

I'm guessing it's basically challenge maps ( :( ) BUT it would be REALLY nice to have a side-story, :D

ThePumpkinKing
29th Aug 2009, 02:36
I've heard they're working on Hitman 5, although I do hope we get some DLC of some sort. Theres an entire menu section for it, I hope there will be more than dem bones and crime alley.

Rocksteady is NOT working on Hitman 5. That was a rumor that was debunked a few weeks back.

And anyone that has paid close attention (to the news ticker at the bottom of the game's main menu.) knows that free DLC is already on the way. Free usually isn't substantial. So I'm guessing it's new costumes, maybe a challenge map or two.

Vigilance
29th Aug 2009, 02:40
lol first you whine about something that gold old a long time ago, and then you say we are speculating, i know we are speculating but lets speculate about, what the topic is about, and not what hurts you and doesnt let you sleep at nights, now if you excuse me ill go do, what you wanted me to, i guess you want me to experience what you like doing all the time.
I'm not whining about anything. I don't need to play the Joker challenge maps. I brought it up as a way to illustrate a FUTURE concern. You're pretty dense, though, so I suppose you still aren't going to understand what's going on.

You might wanna watch your language :thumb:
Sorry, but I just figured that's what the language filter was for.

And anyone that has paid close attention (to the news ticker at the bottom of the game's main menu.) knows that free DLC is already on the way. Free usually isn't substantial. So I'm guessing it's new costumes, maybe a challenge map or two.
Wow, that's awesome. Couldn't have been timed any better. Game's been out for, what, not even a week? And I'm already at 100% completion.

ohyeah2good4u
29th Aug 2009, 02:40
i really want new costumes for use in story mode not just challenge mode like a robin or nightwing and batman has like a thoudsand different suits so yea and it does say free dlc is on the way im just wondering what it will be and when