PDA

View Full Version : Xp with nvidia 9800 gtx+ dont work with demo

hawckmoon
27th Aug 2009, 23:44
I cant work the demo. I have nvidia gforce XFX 9800 GTX with the last drivers install.
I have the last drive for phyx, version (15/08/2009)

And the game dont work. Say me error on phsy iniciated ?, the game say me that i need the last drivers for my graphic card installed ??? i have the last drivers installed !!!!

When i enter in opcion menu in the game, select the physx TM with the high opcion and the menu say that i my hardware its not compatible with nvidia physx ?????, but my graphic card its a nvidia 9800 gtx with physx installed !!!!!

I have installed windows xp, with directx 9c

Please some one can help me, thanks a lot and sorry for my engli

Cadman
28th Aug 2009, 00:36
You have drivers dated 08/15/09...the newest drivers are dated 08/21/09 and the text file says that these drivers are set for Batman Arkham Asylum.

It's 80 MB, WHQL certified...version 190.62 and it comes with the latest Physx...give it a shot.

Cadman

The_Hylden
28th Aug 2009, 04:31
Yes, the drivers it came with for PhysX were the ones specifically you have to install. Do not use the old driver.

iceman0124
28th Aug 2009, 04:40
The game ran fine for me with old set on my GTX 260, I've since upgraded but no troubles, just a window suggesting I upgrade drivers.

hawckmoon
28th Aug 2009, 23:40
I have the last drivers 190.62 and it comes with the latest Physx, but the demo dont work.

:confused:

iceman0124
29th Aug 2009, 04:48
Where did you get the demo, steam automatically updates the Direct X extensions, other sources may not, search microsoft for the latest DX9 updates.

hawckmoon
29th Aug 2009, 18:38
I installed the last dx9 and not work.
Another user say that
"The updated driver msg will keep popping up on XP, even if you have the latest driver,its an XP issue with the launcher which has been fixed now"

SteMot
29th Aug 2009, 20:15
I installed the last dx9 and not work.
Another user say that
"The updated driver msg will keep popping up on XP, even if you have the latest driver,its an XP issue with the launcher which has been fixed now"

You do have PhysX enabled in your Nvidia Control Panel as well as in the B:AA launcher don't you?

hawckmoon
30th Aug 2009, 19:17
You do have PhysX enabled in your Nvidia Control Panel as well as in the B:AA launcher don't you?

Yes, i have enables the pysh on nvidia control panel, but the launcher sayme that not exist this hardware :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

iceman0124
30th Aug 2009, 19:33
Yes, i have enables the pysh on nvidia control panel, but the launcher sayme that not exist this hardware :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

For full physx it reccomneds a GTX260 as the primary cars and a 9800GTX+ for full physx, a single 9800 wont be enough for high settings and full physx, have you tried playing with nornal or no physx?

On the demo I can play everything maxed, 16xqAA, 16X AF in the NCP, and full physx at 1680x1050 with a single GTX 260 FTW original 192 core version. When the full version comes out I highly expect I'll have to tone things down a little.

Full implementation of physx, while nice and pretty, wont really be a game changing experience, most of the stuff you wont even notice. If eveything cranked and full physx doesnt jive well on the final product for me, first thing I'll do is drop to 4x or 2xAA, if that doesnt work, physx is the next thing I'll cut....Very high detail , bloom/lighting effects and 16xAF are much more important graphic wise than fluttering paper and interactive fog effects.

While you do have a fairly strong card, there are much stronger ones out there, you should get a good experience out of your 9800, but just cause it supports physx, theres no way it can handle both high end graphics duty and full physx, I was very surprised my 260 could handle the demo so well, but the demo just has a minor fraction of physx in it, the reason were waitng is for them to code full blown support and use this game as a showpiece of what it can do to boost multiiple GPU sales.

If you have an SLI board, this is one hell of a deal....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130434

GTX260 core216 with a free copy of BAA for just around $100 counting game and rebate.

hawckmoon
31st Aug 2009, 18:18
I have all the setting on low. I have the phys on desconected but the game dont work.

The message are "Failed to inicialited phsy..."

when i enter to panel control from the game, ever appear the same message " your drivers are old, you must .....

My drivers are the last version :nut::nut::nut::nut::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

i think that i dont buy the game.