PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Just Cause 2 Podcast - Epsiode One

mycoldman
27th Aug 2009, 16:34
Heads up guys, I'm going to be recording the first episode of the Just Cause 2 podcast over the next few days now that our podcast room is all sorted (http://twitter.com/mycoldman/status/3579384501), and I just wondered if you had any questions for the team; myself or Avalanche?

I can't promise we'll answer everything, but we'll certainly do our best. If you've any questions, post 'em below.

QCypher
27th Aug 2009, 16:46
I would like a full list of everything that the grappling hook can do. The hook seems to be what will keep me entertained for hours. lol Only semi-demanding.

Orange Freeze
27th Aug 2009, 17:28
Can you shed some light on the Black Market and weapon unlocks?

More specifically,
How will the weapon upgrade system work? Will we be able to upgrade our weapons with the collect items?

Thanks!

FOBfan1995
27th Aug 2009, 18:31
Will there be different outfits or parachutes to be unlocked? Also, will there be cheats and easter eggs?

The_Bright_Knight
27th Aug 2009, 19:18
Id like to see more on the enviroments like the snowy mountains that would be great
:)

polimerjones
27th Aug 2009, 19:29
i really liked parasailling from cars, boats, planes... can we still do that. In the preview videos it looks like when you grapple something you fling towards it. I hope that is an optional button press. I want to be able to grapple, than unwined and reel in. Like i saw in the preview video that one of the stunt moves on a helicopter you can hang from the bottom with the Grapple Hook. That would be sweet to unreel and to get closer to enemies. Also if you grapple a car and unreel it so the car can drive away, then shoot the dual hook to the ground and watch it flip in the distance!!

brauny
27th Aug 2009, 19:33
^ Yea the dual hook could be way cooler if we could adjust the length of it. If that isn;t in the game i may develop a studder. puh- puh- puh- please don't do that to me :)

marine(NL)
27th Aug 2009, 19:50
My questions:

- What is the coolest moment you had in the game?

- How will the unlock system exactly work, and what can we upgrade? (weapons, vehicles, rico himself?)

- Any multiplayer info, or just a word: we are (not) working om it?

- How long will the story be (without sidemissions?)

That's it for now :P

Keep up the good work out there ;)

texkid4
27th Aug 2009, 20:33
Can you shed some light on the Black Market and weapon unlocks?

More specifically,
How will the weapon upgrade system work? Will we be able to upgrade our weapons with the collect items?

Thanks!

Yes I want to see weapon upgrades.

CentroX
27th Aug 2009, 20:58
my question, what kind of variety can we expect from the side missions this time?

Lord Orome
27th Aug 2009, 21:26
I would love to know a little more about the following:
- The cities and what sort of things they contain
- Are there any private huts etc where I can stash my goodies (guns, gadgets...)
- Once the game is over how will the game continue to be played?
- Can I customise any weapons ?
- There was a mention previously that we will be able to go 'inside'. Please elaborate e.g. buildings, caves, tunnels

thanks

that’s all for now ...

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
27th Aug 2009, 22:05
- There was a mention previously that we will be able to go 'inside'. Please elaborate e.g. buildings, caves, tunnels

Caves? Just Scrolls Oblivion? :D Jokes apart, I wanna know about indoor too

caste581
27th Aug 2009, 22:10
hy devs!

Can you go higher in the air in JC2 than you could in JC1?
How long does it take u free falling from the highest possible altitude in the game?
Can u actually use/get on the cable railway on the mountains as seen in the panao trailer?
i have heard that the story missions will be more diverse this time around. how diverse will they be? Can you tell me a little bit about how they vary as you progress?

I would be pleased if you replied quickly thanksss!!

PoorBison
28th Aug 2009, 07:46
As I'm fairly certain that this game is going to meet most of my expectations I'm just wondering about the mention of a flyable Boeing 747 I heard about a while back. Is this true? That would be amazing.

And maybe the Stirling STL-3 Octavio which was seen in screenshots for the first game and even featured in the game guide, will this be making a return?

dark_angel_7
28th Aug 2009, 11:56
What was the inspiration for Panau?
Is this game going to use motion capture?
Will the PC version have nVidia PhysX support? If so will this affect the PC version release date?
When can we hear more from Avalanches other up-coming game?
Is the PC version a port of the console version?
What are your expectations of the game?
What is like working with Eidos on JC2?
Will developers from Avalanche be posting on these forums?

roundeye
28th Aug 2009, 12:54
*ahem* Release date?

;)

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
28th Aug 2009, 13:29
I think we should ask more of aclarations about things we already know than anything they haven't shown already. Just my guess, there will be many unanswered questions.
And I received a full answer about the dual hook from mycoldman in the thread "I'm new, what I think...", check the last posts I you haven't cause there is some interesting info.

mycoldman
28th Aug 2009, 20:34
I think we should ask more of aclarations about things we already know than anything they haven't shown already. Just my guess, there will be many unanswered questions.

Hehe, smart guy. :)

awesome_man
28th Aug 2009, 21:35
will the helicopter controls be more responsive...and easier to control?

marine(NL)
28th Aug 2009, 21:50
- Will we again see mountains through / above the sky?
Becouse that was beoutifull in JC1 when flying high in the sky...

- Any info on the Just Cause movie?

- Know it's early, but what kind of support are you planning after release?
JC never got a patch (PC) while it could use a few... Will we get DLC, or is that something you will decide after release?

That's it for now again ;)

Keep up the good work out there :thumb:

Mr Chainsaw
29th Aug 2009, 00:30
maybe you could reveal some stuff about the vehicles and weapons featured in the game
also what is the highest altitude you can reach in the game

deathlaroy
29th Aug 2009, 06:26
id love to see a jet list!and is each missile separate or do both missiles go at once?in other words...how in depth are the aerial details(bombs, radar, barrel rolls, crashing, ex...)???

chip5541
29th Aug 2009, 12:37
Will the game utilize natal for the 360 version?

Will the PS3 version use the sixaxis for control or utilize the unnamed upcoming motion control?

Will there be any content/game enhancements by using the PSP in conjunction with the PS3?

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
29th Aug 2009, 13:56
Will the game utilize natal for the 360 version?

Will the PS3 version use the sixaxis for control or utilize the unnamed upcoming motion control?

Will there be any content/game enhancements by using the PSP in conjunction with the PS3?

Wow! Hey, if there is sixaxis or natal or whatever, just don't repeat the supreme failure of Lair and make it as just a control option.Never force us to use it. (I think you would never do such a thing). I have a ps3 and I've NEVER used the sixaxis.

chip5541
29th Aug 2009, 19:39
You are missing out on teh tight controls and awesome games like Warhawk and Flower but you are right. Option not forced.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
29th Aug 2009, 20:41
You are missing out on teh tight controls and awesome games like Warhawk and Flower but you are right. Option not forced.

Ah, of course, when it's well done it's well done. I only mean if someone doesn't like motion controling and a game has it by force, then he/she stays away of the game itself, sadly. It's my particular case, I just preffer to play with classic controls.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
30th Aug 2009, 16:00
Oh, is it a double post? If it is, I'm sorry, but the last one is from yesterday, I don't think it is double posting.:scratch: Stop rambling.

I just remembered, could you tell us if the autopilot is back? Can you leave a vehicle going on as you did in the first game with boats and planes? What about cars? I don't know if you can talk about these features yet.:hmm:
Can you answer something this far?

polimerjones
30th Aug 2009, 19:04
how soon are we gunna see this podcast!!!

deathlaroy
30th Aug 2009, 22:22
i agree with polimerjones.either way i cant wait for the screensavers, podcasts, wallpapers and the game itself. :D

CentroX
30th Aug 2009, 23:51
i agree with polimerjones.either way i cant wait for the screensavers, podcasts, wallpapers and the game itself. :D

2010 for all of that stuff? :P

polimerjones
31st Aug 2009, 00:13
i cant wait that long........:mad2::mad2::mad2: just kidding but it always seems the games i want the most are the ones to get pushed back. please don't make us wait any longer. its hard enough waiting for those screen savers and other media updates.:lmao:

polimerjones
31st Aug 2009, 02:12
Oh yeah i remember now!!! jc2 really needs a full airport not just a dirt road or a building with three short roads barely long enough to get a fat plane off the ground. are we gunna see any of these. Please, Please, Please!!!

Mr Chainsaw
31st Aug 2009, 07:59
i want to know if that flashy red thing that happens
when you shoot a enemy will be removed

it must go

awesome_man
31st Aug 2009, 15:36
when is the podcast coming

polimerjones
1st Sep 2009, 17:26
in preview videos when you dual hook two things together they seem to fly towards each other. why? it makes it look like the objects have no weight therefor unrealistic. though after watching this new 11min video it doesnt seem that bad

Dedimes
1st Sep 2009, 17:40
I want to know more about:
The Chaos system
The duel grappling hook (FTW!)
The black market
Weapon upgrades (Sights, ammo increases, ect)

Kai_Oe_New_2
1st Sep 2009, 18:18
Will there be a demo ?
Will there be a beta and which kind of beta (open / closed etc.)

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
1st Sep 2009, 18:30
Wowowowowow! I almost forgot! :eek::eek::eek:
I NEED to know if we can kill innocent people. Plain question.
I suppose the answer is yes but anyway, I could not stand another bunch of immortal civilians.
EA be CURSED FOREVER!!!

QCypher
1st Sep 2009, 18:31
Wowowowowow! I almost forgot! :eek::eek::eek:
I NEED to know if we can kill innocent people. Plain question.
I suppose the answer is yes but anyway, I could not stand another bunch of immortal civilians.
EA be CURSED FOREVER!!!

Yeeeessss!!! That was really annoying.

And another question. Will we be able to play it stealthy? I know its not exactly JC style, but its always nice to have the option. Mercs 2 said we would, but the draw distance was horrible for sniping and the enemies saw me even when I was behind a GIANT bolder shooting with a supposedly silenced MP5. So can we be stealthy if we want? Like with silenced weapons?

mrbatar
1st Sep 2009, 22:06
- Can you Fly the Jets?
- Can you Swim underwater - if so, can there be sharks that attack if you're too injured?
- Would love a Submarine and Underwater Missions
- Will there be any Co-Op or Multiplayer?
- Will there be DLC in the Future (ie, new vehicles, weapons)?
- Any Snow Mobiles for the Snowy Mts?

FOBfan1995
1st Sep 2009, 23:49
- Can you Fly the Jets?
- Can you Swim underwater - if so, can there be sharks that attack if you're too injured?
- Would love a Submarine and Underwater Missions
- Will there be any Co-Op or Multiplayer?
- Will there be DLC in the Future (ie, new vehicles, weapons)?
- Any Snow Mobiles for the Snowy Mts?

Yes
yes, idk
idk
no
idk
idk

FOBfan1995
1st Sep 2009, 23:51
Yeeeessss!!! That was really annoying.

And another question. Will we be able to play it stealthy? I know its not exactly JC style, but its always nice to have the option. Mercs 2 said we would, but the draw distance was horrible for sniping and the enemies saw me even when I was behind a GIANT bolder shooting with a supposedly silenced MP5. So can we be stealthy if we want? Like with silenced weapons?

Ya, hopefully it's like the rfg style of stealth. Pretty realistic and if the enemies see a body, they are alerted but don't know where you are. That would be perfect

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
2nd Sep 2009, 12:21
Hey mycoldman, (I see you around, hehe) can you tell us something to make the long wait more "endurable"? Anything, maybe when will the podcast come out? Or answer some simple questions (cof-immortal-civilians-cof) or anything? Please?

mycoldman
3rd Sep 2009, 09:19
The podcast should be up on the site next week. Looks like I'll be recording today.

And yes, you can kill civillians - whether that's shooting them in the face, dragging them behind your car, dropping them from helicopters, or driving buses straight into them however, is totally up to you.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
3rd Sep 2009, 12:28
The podcast should be up on the site next week. Looks like I'll be recording today.

And yes, you can kill civillians - whether that's shooting them in the face, dragging them behind your car, dropping them from helicopters, or driving buses straight into them however, is totally up to you.

Ahhh, now I can rest. Thank you man! It's not like I'm SOOO sadistic, (well, I guess I am) but believe me, dropping nukes over cities and watch people get up like zombies was thraumatic. Again, you rock, much.:) And I can't wait for the podcast!

mycoldman
3rd Sep 2009, 12:50
Recording in 5.

CentroX
3rd Sep 2009, 16:40
all missions are not just base destructions right?

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
3rd Sep 2009, 17:08
Edit:

I'm pretty curious about the hook controls. Can you tell us something about plane controls? As seen in the videos (specially the last leaked dessert video) We have a clear idea about tanks(cars should be the same with less functions) and helicopter controls, but what about planes? Can you tell us something about their control? Specially the Harrier. Does it feature true VTOL capabilities? Controls? Something you can tell oh great informant Mycoldman? :D

Quoting myself to a more convenient place :nut:

younas456
8th Sep 2009, 14:47
one thing i really dont want to see in jc2 is that you can stear the car on the ROOF!!?

Hobodealer
8th Sep 2009, 16:41
all missions are not just base destructions right?

No, they're side-missions. You create chaos to unlock story missions. And the story is to hunt down Sheldon.

beethamwest
8th Sep 2009, 17:29
I believe we should see this podcast tomorrow :)

The length of it is what i would like to know.

Hobodealer
8th Sep 2009, 20:23
Yeah, I hope it is, I want some ANSWERS.

mycoldman
8th Sep 2009, 20:26
It's currently weighing in at around the 45 minute mark. I hope to have it out to you guys soon.

CentroX
8th Sep 2009, 20:28
It's currently weighing in at around the 45 minute mark. I hope to have it out to you guys soon.

will you reveal anything new to us in the podcast?

Hobodealer
8th Sep 2009, 20:29
Obviously!

polimerjones
8th Sep 2009, 20:29
what would be the point it they didnt

mycoldman
8th Sep 2009, 20:38
will you reveal anything new to us in the podcast?

Lots!

Hobodealer
8th Sep 2009, 20:42
Like the release date???

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
8th Sep 2009, 21:00
Wow that's long!

polimerjones
8th Sep 2009, 21:19
45 mins. that is awesome. can't wait!!!!

awesome_man
9th Sep 2009, 01:26
dude...i would not waist 45 minutes watching a video other than fo rthis...haha awesome!!!

QCypher
9th Sep 2009, 02:15
dude...i would not waist 45 minutes watching a video other than fo rthis...haha awesome!!!

Its a podcast. You listen. As far as I know.

Its not a video podcast is it? That would rock. I find my mind wanders if Im not watching a person speak.

Mr Chainsaw
9th Sep 2009, 03:35
45 minutes of nothing but info on Just Cause 2. That ROCKS

PoorBison
9th Sep 2009, 07:52
45 minutes of convincing us that the red flash is a good thing :D

polimerjones
9th Sep 2009, 10:18
man, todays the day i hope. which kinda sucks cause i got to work. but i hope the podcast is online when i get home. cant wait!!!

Kitchenfork
9th Sep 2009, 10:58
Ha ha, will be interesting if the red flash is mentioned in the podcast, surely it will be seeing as it is the topic of conversation around here. Didn't realize it would be 45 minutes long, can't wait to listen to it now.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
9th Sep 2009, 12:07
45 minutes of convincing us that the red flash is a good thing :D

Gaaaagh! The fear again...
I want that podcast. Now. C'mon.

mycoldman
9th Sep 2009, 12:13
Right. I have it on good authority, that the podcast will be going up on the website this Friday at 2pm GMT.

Sadly, due to PR and all sorts of other marketing nonsense (that I'm not involved with) I can't change that, it's not my call. But there you have it, a time and a day to get excited for.

I may have a few other bits for you between now and then too though.

CentroX
9th Sep 2009, 12:44
no problem, I knew it would be delayed anyway ;)

what bits? =)

hotduk
9th Sep 2009, 15:38
Just knowing the date and time helps. Now I can stop checking the site every 10 minutes.

polimerjones
9th Sep 2009, 19:13
yeah. on friday i will be sitting on the site all day

brauny
9th Sep 2009, 19:56
Dont get excited yet. The server will crash friday mornin and you might end up murdering someone. we don't want someones blood on our hands unless its the guy who said "here's an idea lets put a red flash on everything for targeting purposes of course". I just noticed something. its possible that the red flash is sabotage from EA. Damnit Ea screw up your own games not this one.

texkid4
9th Sep 2009, 22:00
A few other bits? i wanna see those bits.

awesome_man
9th Sep 2009, 22:36
i think mr. sunshine told us before in another post that we would finally see his face...so i think it is video!

polimerjones
10th Sep 2009, 00:07
whos the guy in his avatar? hobodealer and poor bison also have there own faces as there avatar... lol

awesome_man
10th Sep 2009, 00:39
haha...but idk probably him

texkid4
10th Sep 2009, 01:23
i hav my own face in my avatar......in my dreams anyway.

awesome_man
10th Sep 2009, 02:04
you run track or xc

mycoldman
10th Sep 2009, 08:26
i think mr. sunshine told us before in another post that we would finally see his face...so i think it is video!

Videos (Vlogs) are coming soon, but not just yet...

hotduk
10th Sep 2009, 17:23
...everything is coming soon...