PDA

View Full Version : Gamestation messed it up?

splatternick
27th Aug 2009, 15:05
I preordered the CE of Batman on PS3 from Gamestation, but I did it in the store.

So, I phoned them up today, because it comes out tomorrow and I wanted to be sure, and they say they've only got one Standard Edition copy on 360, and to phone them tomorrow and see if they get them in.

Surely if I've preordered it, they have to get it, right? Is there any chance of it being sent to them tomorrow?

Thanks in advance.

Clown Prince Of Crime
27th Aug 2009, 15:07
Yeah, they shouldn't have sold your pre-ordered copy.

I'd demand a CE on release if I were you. And if you can't get one then tell them what they've done.

Play.com did the same thing to me, good job they got a new batch in this afternoon.

splatternick
27th Aug 2009, 15:24
Yeah, they shouldn't have sold your pre-ordered copy.

I'd demand a CE on release if I were you. And if you can't get one then tell them what they've done.

Play.com did the same thing to me, good job they got a new batch in this afternoon.

I preordered it a day after the demo came out on the PSN, so they have had plenty of time to get it in to the store. I've preordered games from them before, like Doom 3 and Ghostbusters, so I know they're decent. I hope Play.com send you yours soon. :thumb:

Clown Prince Of Crime
27th Aug 2009, 15:28
I preordered it a day after the demo came out on the PSN, so they have had plenty of time to get it in to the store. I've preordered games from them before, like Doom 3 and Ghostbusters, so I know they're decent. I hope Play.com send you yours soon. :thumb:

Thanks, and I hope them **** get you a CE also.

They've had more than enough time to pick one out for you !

ChristianBaleBatman
27th Aug 2009, 15:55
I'm actually a little worried about this happening to me, with Gamestop.

The game came out on the 25th, and they're supposed to hold it for 48 hours after the release.

I'm just hoping they didn't sell my pre-order.

splatternick
27th Aug 2009, 15:59
I'm actually a little worried about this happening to me, with Gamestop.

The game came out on the 25th, and they're supposed to hold it for 48 hours after the release.

I'm just hoping they didn't sell my pre-order.

You should be alright. As long as you pick it up within the 48 hours, they can't sell it. I forgot about one of my preorders ages ago, can't remember which game, for a week nearly, and they still held it.

I am a little worried about Gamestation. Has anybody else in the UK preordered from Gamestation in store?

Clown Prince Of Crime
27th Aug 2009, 16:00
Try the official gamestation thread.

And my play.com order should be on to packaging by now, it's been about 3 hours.

splatternick
27th Aug 2009, 16:16
Try the official gamestation thread.

And my play.com order should be on to packaging by now, it's been about 3 hours.

I did a search for Gamestation, but nothing came up. Do you have a link?

Good luck with the order! Why does it take so long for them to pick the game? Just pick one! You don't want the one right at the back of the piles. :rolleyes:

Clown Prince Of Crime
27th Aug 2009, 16:25
EDIT: http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=93908&highlight=gamestation

There you go kind sir.

splatternick
27th Aug 2009, 16:27
I don't think there is a thread. I did find one, but everyone in the thread had preordered online.

EDIT:Just saw the link. Thanks very much!

ChristianBaleBatman
27th Aug 2009, 16:27
You should be alright. As long as you pick it up within the 48 hours, they can't sell it. I forgot about one of my preorders ages ago, can't remember which game, for a week nearly, and they still held it.

I hope so, man.

I'll find out in 7 hours.

splatternick
27th Aug 2009, 16:34
I think that the link was to the thread you already saw.

Yeah, now I look at it, I think it is. I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow, or phone them again a bit later to see if they got a shipment.

Clown Prince Of Crime
27th Aug 2009, 16:35
Yeah, now I look at it, I think it is. I guess I'll just have to wait until tomorrow, or phone them again a bit later to see if they got a shipment.

Ah, sorry I couldn't help anymore mate.

Maybe try and get hold of their phone number again and ask them to keep hold of a copy if they get any in ?

ChristianBaleBatman
27th Aug 2009, 16:37
come to think of it, I pre-ordered inFAMOUS and they held onto the copy for a little over 7 days.

I guess it depends what the employees at said store are like. Some are D-bags, and some are not.

splatternick
27th Aug 2009, 16:41
Ah, sorry I couldn't help anymore mate.

Maybe try and get hold of their phone number again and ask them to keep hold of a copy if they get any in ?

Nah, you've been great help!

I'll just try phoning them later, or tomorrow. When I got Ghostbusters on PS3 from Gamestation, they didn't have it in stock at 3 or 4 pm, then when I decided to try again, they had it in stock. It depends when they got their shipment I suppose.

splatternick
27th Aug 2009, 16:43
I guess it depends what the employees at said store are like. Some are D-bags, and some are not.

It's just luck really. Sometimes you get a helpful employee, and sometimes you get a the guy who doesn't really care, or someone who doesn't know what they're doing.

ChristianBaleBatman
27th Aug 2009, 18:05
Yep.

I've stopped going to the Gamestop near where I live for that very reason.

I'm willing to, and I do, travel 30 or 40 minutes to another Gamestop where I feel I get treated better...and has people who know what they're doing.

marvinfish
27th Aug 2009, 19:08
i preordered from game
hopefully game or gamestation will have CE instore if not oh well
i just really want the main game I played the demo like 6 times today