PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble locating the EXE file. Suggestions?

DemandLogic
27th Aug 2009, 10:16
Hello forums,

I seem to be having an issue actually *finding* the game once i've installed it.. Apparently the Exe. file isn't showing up in my Eidos folder, and seems to be completely missing altogether. Any thoughts?

Henke123
27th Aug 2009, 10:53
Welcome to the forums.

Standard path for normal install is "C:\Program Filesl\Eidos\Batman Arkham Asylum Demo\"

But if you installed the demo through Steam it's located in "C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\batman arkham asylum - demo\"

Marcus
1st Sep 2009, 15:44
Assume you're running Vista?

Click Start-Games to bring up the games folder - there's a shortcut in there.

Apologies if that's not what you meant.

DennisF
1st Sep 2009, 18:30
I'm having this same problem, and none of the suggestions seem to work. I can relaunch the installer, but who wants to do that every time I want to try the demo? And it took forever to download this thing, too. :confused:

Ace Antilles
1st Sep 2009, 21:47
Search your computer for ShippingPC-BmGame.exe
That's the main EXE file.

DennisF
1st Sep 2009, 21:50
Nope. Although I think I received an error message regarding that file the first time I exited from the game. Re-installing from the downloaded file doesn't seem to work either.

Ace Antilles
1st Sep 2009, 22:01
The demo, not Steam version, installs to "Batman Arkham Asylum Demo\Binaries"

There are 2 EXE files:
BmLauncher - The Launcher
ShippingPC-BmGame - The game

That's it. So if you can't run ShippingPC-BmGame.exe on it's own without an error then your computer is screwed.

DennisF
1st Sep 2009, 22:13
Thanks, Ace! I found both those files in that location, and can run the game from either. Don't know why file search didn't pick them up before.

iceman0124
1st Sep 2009, 22:29
Thanks, Ace! I found both those files in that location, and can run the game from either. Don't know why file search didn't pick them up before.

Do you have indexing disabled? If so thats why. I keep it disabled as its a resource hog, but when you need to find something, its good to have.

Ace Antilles
1st Sep 2009, 22:40
All Windows Search options are rubbish if you ask me.
Especially Vista ones they can be a pain in the ass.

Don't even get me started on Windows Search for XP. But yeah the index search options can be misleading unless you choose it right.