PDA

View Full Version : *SPOILERS* Didn't really understand the ending *SPOILERS*

Darkboy
26th Aug 2009, 22:32
*MAJOR SPOILERS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT COMPLETED THE GAME, PLEASE DON'T READ UNTIL YOU HAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* Sorry for that long message, just hate how you can accidentally see spoilers by highlighting the topic title >_> anyhow, so I got the game and beat it, and I had some questions about the ending. I heard before the game came out it was supposed to be real shocking and one they needed permission from DC to do, and ending that would split fans in the community, but I don't get it... The ending seems pretty average. Joker loading up on Titan before being beaten by Batman, then hauled into custody. The mention of Two-Face on the police radio obviously gave room for a possible sequel. I also saw the part after the credits where Scarecrow emerges from the water and gets the box that says Titan on it, but I don't get what it means. Has anyone been able to make sense of this? What's the "shocking" element of it?

Kai Rei
26th Aug 2009, 22:34
Apparently theres multiple endings. One where Scarecrow grabs the Titan case, one where Bane grabs it, and one where I think... Croc grabs it. I may be wrong on that last one though.

Joke's on you
26th Aug 2009, 22:36
You're not wrong, I got the Croc ending. Do you know if hte endings are random or if it depends on the difficulty you did it (3 different endings for 3 different difficulties) I did it on Normal for the Croc ending.

Darkboy
26th Aug 2009, 22:47
You're not wrong, I got the Croc ending. Do you know if hte endings are random or if it depends on the difficulty you did it (3 different endings for 3 different difficulties) I did it on Normal for the Croc ending.

Weird. I beat it on normal too and Scarecrow got it.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but I feel just a tiny bit disappointed by some parts in the story. I don't think it's Paul Dini's fault, though.

Edit: Maybe the final or "real" ending is revealed when you beat it on 100%?

Joke's on you
26th Aug 2009, 22:48

Don't get me wrong, I love this game, but I feel just a tiny bit disappointed by some parts in the story. I don't think it's Paul Dini's fault, though.

I'm not sure i need spoiler tags for this.I loved the story, but i thought the boss fights were weak

Darkboy
26th Aug 2009, 22:52
I'm not sure i need spoiler tags for this.I loved the story, but i thought the boss fights were weak

Really? I loved the boss fights. Well, about half of them anyways. The rest of them felt like complete ripoffs of the boss fight with Bane. I also really would have favored fighting the Joker in his normal form rather than jacked up on Titan. I was also disappointed that you didn't really get to fight Harley Quinn. I loved the story as well.

Kai Rei
26th Aug 2009, 22:53

Who cares if the boss fights were weak. People keep complaining about it and it's annoying considering Eidos and Rocksteady broke their backs to make "the Batman game we've been waiting for".

The Bane fight was pretty self-explanitory. Theres literully no way to beat Bane without popping those venom tubes from his flesh.

I haven't actually played the game yet, btw. I live in the UK.

Name Ur Poison
26th Aug 2009, 22:57

Edit: Maybe the final or "real" ending is revealed when you beat it on 100%?

I am pretty sure the ending u get is based on the amount of riddles u solved when u beat the game i think its like less than 50% gets a certain one, more than 50% but less than 100% and then 100% gets u the real one idk which is the real one but i can tell u i had more than 50% but less than 100%.I got croc grabbing the case
I don't think its based on difficulty

Joke's on you
26th Aug 2009, 22:59
I am pretty sure the ending u get is based on the amount of riddles u solved when u beat the game i think its like less than 50% gets a certain one, more than 50% but less than 100% and then 100% gets u the real one idk which is the real one but i can tell u i had more than 50% but less than 100%.I got croc grabbing the case

that makes sense, i got the same one

Kai Rei
26th Aug 2009, 23:01
When you mention a character grabbing the case, do you just see their hand come out of the water and grab a titan case or do you see the character get OUT OF the water and onto land and then grab the case?

Phew...

Joke's on you
26th Aug 2009, 23:04
When you mention a character grabbing the case, do you just see their hand come out of the water and grab a titan case or do you see the character get OUT OF the water and onto land and then grab the case?

Phew...

its floating in the water, then you just see their arm come up and grab it.

Kai Rei
26th Aug 2009, 23:05
its floating in the water, then you just see their arm come up and grab it.

Cool. Thanks, Joke's On You.

Name Ur Poison
26th Aug 2009, 23:05

Phew...

I saw just a hand :wave: and im a assuming its like that will all the endings but i just beat the game today and plan on going at it again this time to get 100% of the riddles and see what i get for a ending:)

EliteF50
26th Aug 2009, 23:20
When I saw the ending, Bane grabbed the Titan Box...

Jason Todd
26th Aug 2009, 23:49
Never noticed how many people were just floating away when i played lol, I got the Scarecrow ending as well

thedarknight2016
27th Aug 2009, 00:04
i got scarecrow ending and i was on normal

AeroXMetalica
27th Aug 2009, 00:43
that makes sense, i got the same one

50%>100%

And I got scarecrow

NoMoarDedCawpz
27th Aug 2009, 02:29
I wonder if it will effect your gameplay in a possible sequel...
Like with Mass Effect how your choices will determine what happens in Mass Effect 2.

Is it too soon to make a sequel thread?

EliteF50
27th Aug 2009, 02:30
I wonder if it will effect your gameplay in a possible sequel...
Like with Mass Effect how your choices will determine what happens in Mass Effect 2.

Is it too soon to make a sequel thread?

Maybe. But a sequel that takes place in Gotham City is inevitable.

NoMoarDedCawpz
27th Aug 2009, 02:33
Maybe. But a sequel that takes place in Gotham City is inevitable.

Indeed, and the boss fights will be with all those who escaped:
The Penguin,
Two-Face,
Catwoman,
Killer Moth
:thumb:

batfan08
27th Aug 2009, 03:04
I got croc,of course,maybe there were 3 titan cases

EliteF50
27th Aug 2009, 03:08
The Penguin,
Two-Face,
Catwoman,
Killer Moth

I think the bosses will be: Two-Face, Freeze, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin and Bane/Scarecrow/Croc.

Ahasverus
27th Aug 2009, 03:28
And a revamp Joker. Perhaps not as the main villain, but he would like to have his revenge for his brolen teeth :lol:

martian1127
27th Aug 2009, 03:56
I believe that there are a lot of secrets in the game that we don't know of yet. Maybe depending on how many clues you solve determines what fragments of the story are unlocked to you during certain points of the game. It's possible that certain villain's such as Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Riddler, Raz Algu, Man Bat, and many more are unlock-able depending on how many of the clues you solve.

Also, here is something that really has me going. If you complete 100 of the game, Riddler may give you maps on how to reach the selected villains I mentioned. Then newer areas of the Asylum would be reachable as well. That would be cool.

vulcanraven213
27th Aug 2009, 04:08
Beat it on Normal, had about 80% of the Riddles solved and got Scarecrow grabbin the box. I think the endings are completely random.

EliteF50
27th Aug 2009, 04:08
And a revamp Joker. Perhaps not as the main villain, but he would like to have his revenge for his brolen teeth :lol:

Doubt it. Joker's staying in Arkham. Plus, Mark Hamill retired as The Joker.

Ahasverus
27th Aug 2009, 04:14
So what? Mark Hammil isn't the only Joker. There could be better actors, we just don't know them. Nor Heath Ledger or Mark Hammil are irreplaceable or unbeatble.

Night Watcher
27th Aug 2009, 04:40
saw bane hand id completed about 90 pecent of the riddles

Pibbman
27th Aug 2009, 04:59
Well I can say the whole "More than 50% of riddles but less than 100% gets croc, isn't true. Because I got the scarecrow.

As for Catwoman "escaping from arkham", why would she need to escape there? More like why would she even need to be there in the first place? She's not insane or anything, if anything she'd probably go to blackgate.

Far as I know, Mr Freeze has not escaped and remained inside his cell the entire time. His cell door was closed.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is the fact there were no surprise bosses. :( Rocksteady should keep some underwraps next time.

Gopher_777
27th Aug 2009, 05:07
I got Scarecrow and i was 65% thru riddles. But i'm creeped out cuz after u beat the game there are these lunitics running around they scare me :(

the_killing_joke
27th Aug 2009, 05:37
I got the croc in mine. maybe it's a hint that one of those three will return in the second one? If so, my moneys on scarecrow.

SolidSnake_123
27th Aug 2009, 07:18
Yo, its crazy, I know... but when you defeat scarecrow, Bane, and Killer Croc, they all fall into water.... all I'm say is I probably think they are gonna team up in the sequel with Two-Face (Considering the police Radio at the end) anyone notice these happenings?

SolidSnake_123
27th Aug 2009, 07:19
Well I can say the whole "More than 50% of riddles but less than 100% gets croc, isn't true. Because I got the scarecrow.

As for Catwoman "escaping from arkham", why would she need to escape there? More like why would she even need to be there in the first place? She's not insane or anything, if anything she'd probably go to blackgate.

Far as I know, Mr Freeze has not escaped and remained inside his cell the entire time. His cell door was closed.

The only thing I'm disappointed about is the fact there were no surprise bosses. :( Rocksteady should keep some underwraps next time.

Hey, look at Dr. Young's inmate notes, it says in BIG LETTERS: ESCAPED

AeroXMetalica
27th Aug 2009, 07:38
Beat it on Normal, had about 80% of the Riddles solved and got Scarecrow grabbin the box. I think the endings are completely random.

I don't think there are such things as real and fake endings BUT

All the bosses that are revealed in each random ending will possibly be in the sequel.

Joke's on you
27th Aug 2009, 08:01

Totally off topic, but i like ur sig. I'm seeing them on Saturday in Vancouver.:)

SladeTeck
27th Aug 2009, 08:12
***WARNING!***Okay some total spoilers here please don't read if you haven't completed all the Riddler challenges and the Voice of Arkham things.***WARNING!***

Okay, so I solved all the riddles, even figured out the voice of arkham problem. Here's the thing, aside from getting unlockables from getting various Riddler Trophies and that sort of stuff. He gives you NOTHING. Absolutely jack, he mentions that Gotham is about to face the greatest mystery ever but doesn't get to do it as the cops come and bust him. Secondly once you find out all the Voice of Arkham things your suddenly realize that the Warden sounds exactly like the Voice and once you go and check on him, (where you left him in the story, the Green Mile area), you notice they are indeed one and the same and he has suddenly dissapeared. That being said you also get nothing from this, after which I beat up joker and got the Croc ending.

I don't know, obviously a sequel, but something just feels off with it.

Gopher_777
27th Aug 2009, 08:23
***WARNING!***Okay some total spoilers here please don't read if you haven't completed all the Riddler challenges and the Voice of Arkham things.***WARNING!***

Okay, so I solved all the riddles, even figured out the voice of arkham problem. Here's the thing, aside from getting unlockables from getting various Riddler Trophies and that sort of stuff. He gives you NOTHING. Absolutely jack, he mentions that Gotham is about to face the greatest mystery ever but doesn't get to do it as the cops come and bust him. Secondly once you find out all the Voice of Arkham things your suddenly realize that the Warden sounds exactly like the Voice and once you go and check on him, (where you left him in the story, the Green Mile area), you notice they are indeed one and the same and he has suddenly dissapeared. That being said you also get nothing from this, after which I beat up joker and got the Croc ending.

I don't know, obviously a sequel, but something just feels off with it.
That could mean the riddler is a bigger factor in the sequel.

Darkboy
27th Aug 2009, 13:53
I really hope the sequel takes place in Gotham, with

Two-Face
Catwoman
Mr. Freeze

I'm pretty sure those three have surefire shots of being in it. But, if there were any hopefuls that I'd like to see in it, it'd be

Hush
Ra's Al Ghul
Killer Moth
Firefly
Riddler
Penguin

Still, admittedly a Batman game without the Joker would feel kind of empty, at least to me. I know Hamill said he's retiring but after this game I wouldn't want anyone else but him to do it. Plus, I want to get a chance to fight him in his regular form, not jacked up on Titan.

It could be a freeroaming Gotham environment about just the same size as Arkham in this game. I hope they make it a tiny bit like Spider-Man 2 and let you fight crime even after finishing the game.

brarez
27th Aug 2009, 15:31
with the alternate endings i got croc.i want to see all 3 return but if anybody should be on titan it should be scarcrow, because if croc was on titan you would need a bigger tv just to fit him on screen.and i also would like mark hamil as first choice for joker but second choice would be whoever does the voice of joker in the brave and the bold.

Pibbman
27th Aug 2009, 16:02

Yeah someone else mentioned that to me earlier in another thread, I had forgotten about that.

ennzo
27th Aug 2009, 16:44
seems to be everyone is expecting a sequel, but as a story goes its all pretty wrapped up.... Batman took some damage at the end [all to himself blowing up is hand like that when he couldve just thrown his explosive gel can and hit it with a baterrang to blow it up.. but it was flashy to use it in a punch],, but in there game there was absolutly no mental damage.. he just dusted himself off and went back to work like nothing happened.. as for a sequel, all you could piece together is two-face is doing his usuall thing and 1/3 people got their hads on titan.. if it were croc or bane it would be no different then how they are now.. big strong guy. and batman already had a cure, so no biggy even if scarecrow got it.. the only thing i could think to give a sequel anything solid is to have the ending of the riddler be a fake.. where he just acted like he got caught, to throw batman off something he was working on.. if ALL 3 of the elements came together, it might work.. but it would be in Gotham with a huge envoirment while Arkham mappings were spot on perfect for the game.. i doubt rocksteady/edios will even try to tackle a sequel to this

donny514
27th Aug 2009, 18:41
I believe that there are a lot of secrets in the game that we don't know of yet. Maybe depending on how many clues you solve determines what fragments of the story are unlocked to you during certain points of the game. It's possible that certain villain's such as Mr. Freeze, Catwoman, Riddler, Raz Algu, Man Bat, and many more are unlock-able depending on how many of the clues you solve.

Also, here is something that really has me going. If you complete 100 of the game, Riddler may give you maps on how to reach the selected villains I mentioned. Then newer areas of the Asylum would be reachable as well. That would be cool.

if you find all of the riddles batman traces the riddlers messeges and has him arrested

Batman The Trailer Hunter
27th Aug 2009, 18:42
Sweet multiple endings!!!!!!!!!

I loved the Tv bomb FIRSTPERSON BATMAN! I think instead of fighting the 2 titans after that, you fight Bane along with them, and Zzasz and harley fight too along with like 25 normal thugs. Then Joker brings out Gordan as the Ref on the rooftop, but there is a crowd of the remaining gaurds doctors and janitors sitting on electric chairs looking like bleachers. You fight da Titan-Joker (Who looked wicked awesome) and after you take out all his health he gets up for round two and harley shoots Batman in the back with the titan gun. This time batman changes, but since he has the antidote in his blood he only gets slightly larger and still retains body preportions, you precede to fight Joker the same way you fight Zzasz but with a health bar, After you win, batman shrinks back to size all tired and worn out, Joker is still coming for ya and the rest happens like normal....thats how the game should have ended. I felt that there was a huge huge build up and then a minor climax! Still love the game!

wHyXxSoXxSeRiOuS
27th Aug 2009, 18:43

They are random.

kazinya91
27th Aug 2009, 18:50
yeah i got bane for my ending

EnchantedArms19
27th Aug 2009, 18:51
Yo, its crazy, I know... but when you defeat scarecrow, Bane, and Killer Croc, they all fall into water.... all I'm say is I probably think they are gonna team up in the sequel with Two-Face (Considering the police Radio at the end) anyone notice these happenings?

yes most definitely in the sequel there will be two-face i even paid close attention to the ending. and the radio did say stuff about two-face.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
27th Aug 2009, 18:55
yes most definitely in the sequel there will be two-face i even paid close attention to the ending. and the radio did say stuff about two-face.

I think Cat-woman should be in it! If there is a sequel! FREE ROAM GOTHAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vinny d123
27th Aug 2009, 19:54

I had the same exact stats. maybe it could be based on time

Drazar
27th Aug 2009, 20:00
So what? Mark Hammil isn't the only Joker. There could be better actors, we just don't know them. Nor Heath Ledger or Mark Hammil are irreplaceable or unbeatble.

While you do give a point, the question is: Do they want to use the Joker again, and how would Kevin Conroy and Paul Dini feel about it?

chip5541
27th Aug 2009, 20:04
Let us also not forget that Sean Connery learned.... never say never.

cjon428
27th Aug 2009, 20:15
The Penguin,
Two-Face,
Catwoman,
Killer Moth

Mr. Freeze

Arsh
27th Aug 2009, 21:53
The last half of the game, I was wondering if Croc really ate Scarecrow, then I saw his hand grab the case, I was like "Oh cool." I didn't know there were multiple variations.

Kaddis
27th Aug 2009, 22:03
I don't think it has anything to do with sequels at all. I think a) it's showing that Batman's work is never done and that his Rogue's gallery will always be after him and b) just a neat little added bonus for the fans to watch.

brarez
28th Aug 2009, 01:45
Mr. Freeze

firefly.

EvilDead159
28th Aug 2009, 04:21
i think it makes sence for scarecrow to grab it, just in case sum people wonder if he was killed by croc, plus they said that they caught everybody and put them back in jail. also i thnk they should make an expansion pack with the whole two face thing, and of course a sequal lol

CelticKennedy
28th Aug 2009, 04:25

I beat it on normal and got the scarecrow ending...

NoMoarDedCawpz
29th Aug 2009, 15:29
I think the bosses will be: Two-Face, Freeze, Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin and Bane/Scarecrow/Croc.

Why do you say that?
Killer Moth has as good a chance than any of the others...
(willy wonka reference).

Turn and Face the Strange
29th Aug 2009, 15:40
So, the bosses that survived this game and could possibly return in a sequel:

- Two-Face
- Bane
- Killer Croc
- Scarecrow
- Ra's al Ghul *
- Mr. Freeze **
- The Riddler ***
- Maxie Zeus * *
- Firefly * * *

* - His body dissapears from the morgue when you return. 'Cos he's immortal, y'know?
** - His journal entry confirms he's escaped.
*** - If he really was arrested, he'll figure out how to escape. He's a genius.
* * - His cell's empty, and he's not on the island. Most likely escaped.
* * *- I doubt Joker would start the Blackgate fire on his own. Whereas Firefly's a twisted firestarter...

knightbmb
29th Aug 2009, 16:02

Dude NO ONE can beat MARK HAMMIL he is the ONLY JOKER EVER!!!!!!

Disco Phantasm
29th Aug 2009, 16:14

I was 100% > X > 50% with riddles on normal and got Croc.

Roundy210
29th Aug 2009, 16:21
What if Batman somehow got Mr. Freeze and Firefly to fight...

Turn and Face the Strange
29th Aug 2009, 16:24
You can't bring back Joker for this sequel, for the same reason Christopher Nolan won't bring back his Joker.

The Joker in the Nolanverse is Heath Ledger. If another actor came in, sure he would be a good Joker, but not Nolan's Joker.

The Joker in this game's universe is Mark Hamill. Another actor in his place wouldn't be the same character.

If an entirely new movie series begins, or another game is made in another universe, then any actor could make the Joker their own. But you can't just replace a great actor.

Sidsnot
29th Aug 2009, 19:49
I didn't realize there were 3 different endings, I got the scarcrow one and thought that made sense because - he go took into the water, you didn't know if he was dead, alive or captured and theres also still titan forumla out there, which I suppose is the "shocking" part.

Clown Prince Of Crime
29th Aug 2009, 19:56
Just beat the game and I gotta say... Batman Arkham Asylum = :thumb: :D

The only issue I have with the game, is that you could have seen Scarecrow a little more in the flesh (rather than the giant version). Though I suppose they were going for Scarecrow to be the bad-guy that tests Batman's limit's mentally.

Hopefully he'll return in the inevitable sequel :)

Drazar
29th Aug 2009, 20:00
Personally i wanna see Scarebeast in the next game. =p

NoMoarDedCawpz
29th Aug 2009, 20:15
Killer Moth flew away...he cocooned someone on the roof and left.

angleslam99
29th Aug 2009, 20:28
Riddler HAS to have a bigger role in the sequel, a cyber terrorist perhaps?