PDA

View Full Version : Running VERY slow! =(

GuedesTDK
26th Aug 2009, 20:00
Hello guys, new here.I downloaded the demo for PC today and it runs VERY slow. The movies are great, but the gameplay and the main menu... are impossible to work. Here are my specs:
AMD Phenom(tm) 8650 Triple-Core Processor
2.31 GHz Performance Rated at 5.89 GHz
1.9 GB system RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) (MCP61)
I'm using Windows 7.

Anyone knows if I can update my driver or video card? Plese, I really would apreciate your help, thanks a lot!

chip5541
26th Aug 2009, 20:14
I know Windows 7 has some issues with about 400 games. I am not sure about this one but maybe someone else has it up and running on a W7 system.

Have you checked this out with your system?

http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/

GuedesTDK
26th Aug 2009, 20:20
Yeah man, I had... it only reproved the operational system.
Maybe it's the Windows 7....

chip5541
26th Aug 2009, 20:25
My understanding is that, right now the biggest issue for games and W7 is the card drivers.

Henke123
26th Aug 2009, 20:42
I'm using Windows 7 x64(Build 7600) and I have no problems with the demo.

Try updating your drivers.

GuedesTDK
26th Aug 2009, 20:58
Yeah man I will try, but... how can I update my driver??:hmm::confused: Thanks!

iceman0124
26th Aug 2009, 21:01
Hello guys, new here.I downloaded the demo for PC today and it runs VERY slow. The movies are great, but the gameplay and the main menu... are impossible to work. Here are my specs:
AMD Phenom(tm) 8650 Triple-Core Processor
2.31 GHz Performance Rated at 5.89 GHz
1.9 GB system RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a (Microsoft Corporation - WDDM) (MCP61)
I'm using Windows 7.

Anyone knows if I can update my driver or video card? Plese, I really would apreciate your help, thanks a lot!

Its the GF 7025 IGP thats causing your problems, its a VERY low end video solution with one vertex and two pixel pipelines, IE its not a gaming solution, your board likely has a PCIE x16/8 slot so you could put a dedicated card in the machine for vastly improved gaming. What card you get depends on budget, size of case, and how robust your PSU is.

A nice budget freindly low power draw (no external power needed) small form factor reccomendation would be

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102820

Put one those in my lil bro's dell with a puny PSU and its worked great for almost a year now, plays most games at medium /high no AA low AF at 1440x900

Bottom line your 7025 IGP cant handle modern games period no matter what drivers or OS you use. You could put in the most expensive CPU you can find for your board, and the GPU will always hold it back in games. For gaming the GPU is the important factor, the CPU simply feeds data to the GPU which renders the game on your screen.

"The graphics core got the updated architecture of the GeForce 7 series. But it has as many pipelines as GeForce 6150 (one vertex and two pixel pipes), and its frequency matches that of GeForce 6100 (425 MHz). GeForce 7050 offers built-in support for two video-outs (analog and digital). It's digital video output can be used with DVI or HDMI, HDCP encoding is supported. The chip also has an integrated TV-out. The analog output is based on the 300 MHz RAMDAC, so this solution supports resolutions up to 1920x1440 (75 Hz), Single-Link DVI supports up to 1600x1200. What concerns GeForce 7025, it can only boast of the second video output (DVI). PureVideo is supported only by GeForce 7050 (hardware acceleration of H.264, VC-1 and MPEG-2 video playback, post processing of SD and HD video (1080p), including deinterlacing, color temperature correction, and smart scaling of low-res video for comfortable playback on a HD screen). "

http://ixbtlabs.com/articles2/mainboard/nvidia-geforce-7025-7050-page1.html

Henke123
26th Aug 2009, 21:04
Follow my link and select your graphics card and operating system.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Edit: I guess iceman0124 is right, your video card is not that great.

trek554
26th Aug 2009, 21:06
yes iceman0124 is correct. the 7025 is less than 1/4 the power of the 6600 which is the minimum to run the game. you wont be running hardly any modern games even on the lowest settings with those integrated graphics

trek554
26th Aug 2009, 21:08
Follow my link and select your graphics card and operating system.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

Edit: I guess iceman0124 is right, your video card is not that great. no driver will fix his issue. oh you edited too fast for me. lol

GuedesTDK
1st Sep 2009, 18:06
Thanks for all guys. Yeah, maybe is the video card... but I was thinking of unstall the windows 7 and instal XP... in the "can you run it?" analysis, they only reproved my operational system... the video card pass. If I install XP, do you think it will run better? Thanks!

andytofun
1st Sep 2009, 18:37
TDK i just finish reading your spec and i see you have only 2 rams. I am not a expert on athlon systems but adding more rams would maybe help you

trek554
1st Sep 2009, 20:12
Thanks for all guys. Yeah, maybe is the video card... but I was thinking of unstall the windows 7 and instal XP... in the "can you run it?" analysis, they only reproved my operational system... the video card pass. If I install XP, do you think it will run better? Thanks! it wont really help as your integrated video is entirely too weak. again that 7025 has only 1/4 the power of the 6600 which is the minimum just to play.

trek554
1st Sep 2009, 20:13
TDK i just finish reading your spec and i see you have only 2 rams. I am not a expert on athlon systems but adding more rams would maybe help you his ram is not the problem. his integrated video is too weak.

lostsomething
1st Sep 2009, 21:02
Thanks for all guys. Yeah, maybe is the video card... but I was thinking of unstall the windows 7 and instal XP... in the "can you run it?" analysis, they only reproved my operational system... the video card pass. If I install XP, do you think it will run better? Thanks!

Not significantly enough to make a noticeable difference.

The thing's just way too weak. You need a real video card.

iceman0124
1st Sep 2009, 21:53
No OS or driver will give you better performance, a card like I suggested earlier will give you decent performance at low cost and wont take up a lot of room nor does it need a big quality power supply, it gets all its power from the slot only.

some more of like card, just remeber if your case is cramped, look for the front view pic and makes sure nothing sticks out blocking the adjacent slot if you have anything or plan to have anything in it

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010380048%20106792627%201067944045&name=Radeon%20HD%204670

Give us more detailed specs, was it pre build, size of case, wattage and make of PSU, how many amps on the 12V rail does it have? How much physical room do you have in the case, do you you even have a PCIEX16 slot? And lastly how much can you spend? There are much better cards out there, but they have to meet certain requirements to be good suggestions, IE you may need to rearrange or get a new case, if it a pre build you'll likely need a new quality PSU etc....the card linked above will work eaily in your system provided it has a PCIEX16/8 slot .

Also what resolution do you "want" to run at? And how important are the little visual extras? Bottom line, you need a dedicated fairly powerful graphics first and formost, without that you have no hopes of running any modern 3D games period.

GuedesTDK
14th Sep 2009, 17:09
No OS or driver will give you better performance, a card like I suggested earlier will give you decent performance at low cost and wont take up a lot of room nor does it need a big quality power supply, it gets all its power from the slot only.

some more of like card, just remeber if your case is cramped, look for the front view pic and makes sure nothing sticks out blocking the adjacent slot if you have anything or plan to have anything in it

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010380048%20106792627%201067944045&name=Radeon%20HD%204670

Give us more detailed specs, was it pre build, size of case, wattage and make of PSU, how many amps on the 12V rail does it have? How much physical room do you have in the case, do you you even have a PCIEX16 slot? And lastly how much can you spend? There are much better cards out there, but they have to meet certain requirements to be good suggestions, IE you may need to rearrange or get a new case, if it a pre build you'll likely need a new quality PSU etc....the card linked above will work eaily in your system provided it has a PCIEX16/8 slot .

Also what resolution do you "want" to run at? And how important are the little visual extras? Bottom line, you need a dedicated fairly powerful graphics first and formost, without that you have no hopes of running any modern 3D games period.

Thanks man... I'm gonna buy other video card, all you are right. About resolution, I'm not so exigent. Low for me is good, what is important is the speed, even the Physx isn't so important for me... I just want a good resolution to play the game.:thumb:
I'm thinking in buy a Nvidia GeForce 7900 256MB.. do you think it will work guys? Thanks a lot!

Pbrad08
14th Sep 2009, 18:08
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814143066

That is the minimum I think you should get. Big emphasis on the "I".

edit: If budget allows: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130435

None of these cards will power through batman at insane frames, but they will at least give you a fighting chance, especially the 9800GT.

The Coca Cola Company
14th Sep 2009, 18:16
I wouldn't get anything older than: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187091&cm_re=9800gt-_-14-187-091-_-Product

It's MUCH better than any 7x00 model and it costs only 90$.

GuedesTDK
14th Sep 2009, 18:28
Really? Hmm... what about a 9500 or 9600 GT? Thanks!

The Coca Cola Company
14th Sep 2009, 18:33
A 9600GT is good too, but I'd prefer to give the extra 10$ for the 9800GT.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130485&cm_re=9600gt-_-14-130-485-_-Product

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814187091&cm_re=9800gt-_-14-187-091-_-Product

GuedesTDK
14th Sep 2009, 19:42
Yeah man... well, what about a 8600? It's the recomended video card for GTA IV. Batman will run good on it?

trek554
14th Sep 2009, 19:53
Thanks man... I'm gonna buy other video card, all you are right. About resolution, I'm not so exigent. Low for me is good, what is important is the speed, even the Physx isn't so important for me... I just want a good resolution to play the game.:thumb:
I'm thinking in buy a Nvidia GeForce 7900 256MB.. do you think it will work guys? Thanks a lot!

Yeah man... well, what about a 8600? It's the recomended video card for GTA IV. Batman will run good on it? you really dont anything about hardware do you? a 7900 is 3 generations old and not even made anymore. an 8600gt is pretty poor too but is on par with a 7900gs while using less power. they dont make 8600gt cars anymore either though. a 9500gt 512mb gddr3 should be the absolute lowest card to get if your power supply is weak. its about the same as an 8600gts and is fairly cheap. if your power supply is decent then the 9600gt is really the slowest card I would get.

GuedesTDK
14th Sep 2009, 19:59
you really dont anything about hardware do you? a 7900 is 3 generations old and not even made anymore. an 8600gt is pretty poor too but is on par with a 7900gs while using less power. they dont make 8600gt cars anymore either though. a 9500gt 512mb gddr3 should be the absolute lowest card to get if your power supply is weak. its about the same as an 8600gts and is fairly cheap. if your power supply is decent then the 9600gt is really the slowest card I would get.

Yeah I don't know nothing...:(:nut: that's why I'm so desesperate. Really, I think I'm going with a 9600 or a 8800, these are the best to B:AA aren't ?

The Coca Cola Company
14th Sep 2009, 20:12
If by "best" you mean "cheapest", yes!

trek554
14th Sep 2009, 20:22
Yeah I don't know nothing...:(:nut: that's why I'm so desesperate. Really, I think I'm going with a 9600 or a 8800, these are the best to B:AA aren't ?what kind of pc do you have? is it an HP, Dell or something like that? also you need to look at your power supply and see exactly what you are dealing with.

GuedesTDK
16th Sep 2009, 21:32
If by "best" you mean "cheapest", yes!

Yeah, you got it.... I'm planning on buy a 9600 512MB... please tell me it will run!:thumb:

trek554
16th Sep 2009, 21:46
Yeah, you got it.... I'm planning on buy a 9600 512MB... please tell me it will run!:thumb:
see below

what kind of pc do you have? is it an HP, Dell or something like that? also you need to look at your power supply and see exactly what you are dealing with.

ballsguy
16th Sep 2009, 22:11
I don't get why you would buy a garbage GPU. Why do people skimp on the GPU?

I'm a university student and I can afford to buy a gtx 295.

What I can't get is how you can stand to play a game with low settings...it's madness. It's like you are saying its ok if games look like nintendo 64.

How can bad graphics immerse you? The point of advancing graphics is to make games feel more realistic and more like an interactive movie.

Can you not save up 200 bucks and go buy a gtx 260?

If you can't, then go grab a console...the point of PC gaming is too have better graphics than the consoles...for more money.

The consoles are cheap now.

Go buy a 200 dollar 360, and this game, save yourself the technical troubles.

By the way the rest of your system isn't even anywhere near powerful enough to max this game even if you put two 295s in. No point upgrading the GPU is you don't upgrade everything else to power that GPU.

trek554
16th Sep 2009, 22:36
I don't get why you would buy a garbage GPU. Why do people skimp on the GPU?

I'm a university student and I can afford to buy a gtx 295.

What I can't get is how you can stand to play a game with low settings...it's madness. It's like you are saying its ok if games look like nintendo 64.

How can bad graphics immerse you? The point of advancing graphics is to make games feel more realistic and more like an interactive movie.

Can you not save up 200 bucks and go buy a gtx 260?

If you can't, then go grab a console...the point of PC gaming is too have better graphics than the consoles...for more money.

The consoles are cheap now.

Go buy a 200 dollar 360, and this game, save yourself the technical troubles.

By the way the rest of your system isn't even anywhere near powerful enough to max this game even if you put two 295s in. No point upgrading the GPU is you don't upgrade everything else to power that GPU. so everybody can afford a gtx295? 95% of computers are not even used for high end gaming anyway. he appears to have a basic oem pc that came with onboard graphics and not everybody understands computers. I will be the first person to jump on somebody when they are spreading nonsense but this guy is just trying to find out what he can do to play the game. yeah putting a really high end card in that pc would be a waste but he isnt going that route anyway. a 9600gt would allow him to play on very high settings without physx. I just need to know exactly what power supply he has because even a 9600gt might be risky if its a cheap oem 250watt unit.

ballsguy
16th Sep 2009, 23:25
so everybody can afford a gtx295? 95% of computers are not even used for high end gaming anyway. he appears to have a basic oem pc that came with onboard graphics and not everybody understands computers. I will be the first person to jump on somebody when they are spreading nonsense but this guy is just trying to find out what he can do to play the game. yeah putting a really high end card in that pc would be a waste but he isnt going that route anyway. a 9600gt would allow him to play on very high settings without physx. I just need to know exactly what power supply he has because even a 9600gt might be risky if its a cheap oem 250watt unit.

Sure, but with his machine bottlenecking the card, he'll have to sacrifice resolution and AA if he wants to run it smoothly at 60fps.

Some people argue 30fps average is fine, but it really isn't, becuase in intensive scenes you dip to 20, and 15, and it gets ugly.

With that though, sorry if I came off as rude, my point was that its easier to just spend 200 bucks on a console, and enjoy the game as it was meant to be played (the console versions look pretty darned good - good job Rocksteady for that).

The 360 version on a TV at 720p will look better than running on a pc monitor at a comparable resolution. And a TV won't show jaggies the way a monitor will. You won't generally see framerate dips on the console versions either.

It's much much easier for someone without a gaming pc to grab a console; this is why consoles exist.