PDA

View Full Version : Batman character model with offset sized arms

antubis72
26th Aug 2009, 19:56
Hi there. Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that Batman's right arm is slightly larger than his left arm on the in-game character model? I wonder if this is a small overlooked thing by the character modeler who may have forgotten to tweak the morph shapes and proportions of the character?

imported_BAT_MAN
26th Aug 2009, 19:58
well maybe he's supposed to be like that, cos some people have one foot larger than the other or one leg longer and other stuff like that.

Batman The Trailer Hunter
26th Aug 2009, 20:06
Its just the angle probably...and batman is right-handed

TAPETRVE
26th Aug 2009, 21:36
His arms are oversized, anyway.

Clown Prince Of Crime
26th Aug 2009, 21:38
Maybe it's cause of the way your looking at it ?

I don't see anything oversized.

And welcome to the forum !

antubis72
26th Aug 2009, 21:52
If you turn the character around so that he's looking straight at the camera you'll notice the significant difference. His right arm seems to be larger as well as a little longer. It's really noticeable with his hands. I don't think this was a design intent because in the in-game cut scenes, his arms are exactly identical and proportional. I know that people have slightly larger limbs than the other but, this looks a little like a mistake to me...just my opinion though. Other than that...this game ROCKS!

Clown Prince Of Crime
26th Aug 2009, 21:54
If you turn the character around so that he's looking straight at the camera you'll notice the significant difference. His right arm seems to be larger as well as a little longer. It's really noticeable with his hands. I don't think this was a design intent because in the in-game cut scenes, his arms are exactly identical and proportional. I know that people have slightly larger limbs than the other but, this looks a little like a mistake to me...just my opinion though. Other than that...this game ROCKS!

Cause I havn't got the game yet I've only seen Batman's character model in the demo.

And in the demo it looks fine.

Maybe it's just in the full version ?

evilmajikman
27th Aug 2009, 00:16
Cause I havn't got the game yet I've only seen Batman's character model in the demo.

And in the demo it looks fine.

Maybe it's just in the full version ?

Well I haven't had any problems with the full version but for whatever reason to me it looks like he had a 3 day beard in the demo and looks clean shave in the full game.

SammiiDoogles
27th Aug 2009, 00:24
I Was about to say a few reason's why this isnt the case, but i just noticed you can see the inner part of his left arm when facing head on and from tweaked angles - which you cant on the right arm, his right bicep is indeed larger...

Or so it appears anyway