PDA

View Full Version : no third party pc controller support??

42dikiw
26th Aug 2009, 15:14
apparantly the ONLY way to play THIS game is with a controller is with a WIRED or WIRELESS XBOX360 Controller for PC?

Why aren't any OTHER controllers supported?? Do you honestly expect me to go out and buy ANOTHER xbox 360 controller for windows JUST so I can get the gaming reciever, which retails for $82.99 at Futureshop... because THIS game doesn't support third party controllers?

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10083648&catid=14262

jaywalker2309
26th Aug 2009, 15:23
The game `officially` supports 360 controller. however other controllers do work fine with the game. We found a minor problem with an inverted control but this is addressed now

42dikiw
26th Aug 2009, 15:32
Hi jaycw2309,

are third party controllers supported in the demo? I found no way of mapping my controller's keys or selecting it as an input device in the demo... I found some forums with other users complaining about not third party controller support in google elsewhere, but I can't remember where...

al-x
27th Aug 2009, 19:08
Hello:

I have a Logitech wireless Wingman rumblepad (FWIW), I'll try it out to see, but most likely I'll be using the keyboard and mouse.

Al...

Black Label
28th Aug 2009, 09:12
The game `officially` supports 360 controller. however other controllers do work fine with the game. We found a minor problem with an inverted control but this is addressed nowWill this "minor problem" be corrected in the demo, too?
I'd like to see it work ok before I spend money on the CE.

Also, is it possible to make the buttons configureable?
That would really be a nice* feature, since the layout if messed up, too.

(*nice as in mandatory for future PC games I consider buying)

Thanks & cheers,
Blacky

jaywalker2309
28th Aug 2009, 10:26
The demo has the issue, with inverting one of the directions not being possible in game. Full game will allow use to invert so you dont walk backwards when wanting to go forwards.
The buttons ARE configurable, go to the launcher

Black Label
31st Aug 2009, 10:06
The buttons ARE configurable, go to the launcherIn the launcher I could only find options to re-configure mousebuttons and keys on the keyboard, but not joypad buttons, sorry.

42dikiw
31st Aug 2009, 19:56
In the launcher I could only find options to re-configure mousebuttons and keys on the keyboard, but not joypad buttons, sorry.

I have the same problem, there is no way to configure a controller via the launcher... Only the keyboard/mouse

williamcaput
8th Sep 2009, 03:13
Nice to see I'm not the only one with this problem! I have a Cordless rumblepad 2. Pressing forward on the analog stick makes me walk backwards. Also, I cannot configure the controls. I see the 360 configuration, but it wont let me adjust it. I'm running Windows 7 x64 retail (MSDN) if it matters.

William

42dikiw
8th Sep 2009, 22:39
I found a workaround:

its a xbox 360 controller emulator.

Basically it makes your pc think that ur regular controller is a Xbox controller. It requires a little bit of tweaking in the ini file but its pretty simple. Just drop these two files into the Batman Arkham Asylum\Binaries folder (where the .exe files are) and you should hear a beep when the game loads. When it does you know it works!

You can find the original files here:
http://www.tocaedit.com/IB/index.php?automodule=downloads&showfile=4

Or you can use my config file x360ce.ini. (setup for MY generic The Source by Circuit City controller):
[Options]
UseInitBeep=1 #use 0 to 1; default 1; beep on init
Log=0

#Generic Rumble Controller
[PAD1]
Index=0 #controller index in game controllers list; 0 is first; -1 to ignore this pad
Left Analog X=1 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Left Analog Y=-2 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Right Analog X=-6 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Right Analog Y=3 #axis index; use - to invert; precede with 's' for a slider eg; s-1; 7 to disable
Left Analog X Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Left Analog Y Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Right Analog X Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Right Analog Y Linear=0 #-100 to +100 raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Left Analog X+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Analog X- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Analog Y+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Analog Y- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog X+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog X- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog Y+ Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Analog Y- Button=0 #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad POV=1 #POV index; 0 to disable
D-pad Up=0 #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad Down=0 #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad Left=0 #button id; 0 to disable
D-pad Right=0 #button id; 0 to disable
A=2 #button id; 0 to disable
B=3 #button id; 0 to disable
X=1 #button id; 0 to disable
Y=4 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Shoulder=5 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Shoulder=6 #button id; 0 to disable
Back=9 #button id; 0 to disable
Start=10 #button id; 0 to disable
Left Thumb=11 #button id; 0 to disable
Right Thumb=12 #button id; 0 to disable
TriggerDeadzone=3 #use 0 to 255; default 3; add deadzone to trigger
Left Trigger=7 #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; 's' for a slider;
Right Trigger=8 #button id; precede with 'a' for an axis; 's' for a slider;
UseForceFeedback=1 #use 0 to 1; default 0
ForceLargeGain=10000 #use 0 to 10000; default 10000; effect intensity
ForceLargePeriod=120000 #use 0 to 200000; default 120000; effect frequency; wheel only
ForceLargeFadeTime=0 #use 0 to 100; default 10
ForceLargeFadeIn=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
ForceLargeFadeOut=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
ForceLargeStartMag=0 #use 0 to 10000; default 2000; effect will begin with this value
ForceSmallGain=10000 #use 0 to 10000; default 10000; effect intensity
ForceSmallPeriod=30000 #use 0 to 200000; default 30000; effect frequency; wheel only
ForceSmallFadeTime=0 #use 0 to 100 default 10
ForceSmallFadeIn=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
ForceSmallFadeOut=0 #use 0 to 1; default 1
ForceSmallStartMag=0 #use 0 to 10000; default 2000; effect will begin with this value
WheelInertiaGain=2500 #use 0 to 10000; default 2500; effect intensity; wheel only
WheelSpringGain=5000 #use 0 to 10000; default 5000; effect intensity; wheel only
SteeringWheel=1 #use 0 to 1; enable for all wheel effects; trun this on fixes

This is such a shame and i frown upon the developers that they didn't add any controller support for gamepads other than the Xbox360 controller-- I bet it was harder to develop for that controller than it would be to allow third party controllers to be used.

hunter316
16th Sep 2009, 04:34
i have a logitech dual action and tried everything on this thread, but can't get it to work, the left stick is backwards. i even used the logitech profiler, mapped all the button the way i want and launched the game, but the keys are still mixed up and the left stick is still backwards. i'm on vista x64 and my game is on version 1.1. any help?

Edit: nevermind, finally got it to work.

Rockatansky
16th Sep 2009, 10:54
The demo won't have the reverse stick issue fixed.
However, the full game, when patched has the reverse stick option.

reeven
16th Sep 2009, 16:05
For every game that do not support my gamepads i use Pinnacle Game Profiler,

http://www.pinnaclegameprofiler.com/

It also have profiles to use in windows, internet explorer, vlc, mediaplayer, etc.

This one worked with any game, even with GTA IV before patching it up.