PDA

View Full Version : DLC - Multiplayer

Aricus
26th Aug 2009, 14:09
I know you have all thought about it. This game would be AWESOME with multiplayer. While two batmans going at it would be fun it would pretty much lead to reversal after reversal.

So my idea for DLC - Multiplayer action would be for it to support 8 players. 7 players would be the thugs and 1 would be batman. Batman would have use of his gadgets, etc and the thugs would be able to get knives, guns, etc. The entire point would be for batman to eliminate the thugs. Reversals and everything would still apply so the thugs would have to coordinate and try to attack batman together because we all know that a lone sheep gets picked off VERY quick in this game.

Add a mechanic where batman would be almost invisible while he is up in the rafters. Give the players flash lights they can turn on and if they point it at him, he becomes visible again. But once he gets out of the light and is still in the rafters, he goes invisible again. This way batman can be his usual sneaky self and it'd still be a bit even.

To make it a little more even the players as thugs should be given more health than their counterparts in the game and batman should only have limited uses of the batarangs, explosive gel, etc.

This would be a bit like MGS4 when one player is snake....or kinda like Splinter Cell when they had the mercenaries vs spies mode.

The single player experience in this game went by quick. While I have challenges to still complete I am not much of a challenge guy....one way of extending the life of this game would be to add something like this.

Just my 2 cents

Nemesis296
26th Aug 2009, 14:10
There are already many threads about this issue, which has been senselessly beaten into the ground. Use the search function.

Clown Prince Of Crime
26th Aug 2009, 14:11
It sounds cool, But I'd rather Rocksteady make DLC with just Batman, instead of having to make up a whole new combat system for the thugs.

Welcome to the forums :wave:

si1verNb1ack
26th Aug 2009, 14:19
Sounds a reasonable idea, although the game balance has to be right on by giving some advantages on thugs as you mentioned. Otherwie, it could be one-side game. ;) Anyway, I'd also love to see some kind of mutliplayer games in future DLC.

Aricus
26th Aug 2009, 14:19
It sounds cool, But I'd rather Rocksteady make DLC with just Batman, instead of having to make up a whole new combat system for the thugs.

Welcome to the forums :wave:

Why would they have to make a new combat system? I think the thing that is best about batman is the fact he kicks so much butt! The thugs, by being controlled by real people, would just be almost like a smarter AI. Batman could still unload on them and do the flowing combat. But it'd be alot harder when the thugs are working together and being smart about it

Clown Prince Of Crime
26th Aug 2009, 14:20
Why would they have to make a new combat system? I think the thing that is best about batman is the fact he kicks so much butt! The thugs, by being controlled by real people, would just be almost like a smarter AI. Batman could still unload on them and do the flowing combat. But it'd be alot harder when the thugs are working together and being smart about it

Because they havn't got a system for gun aiming and all that stuff.

Nemesis296
26th Aug 2009, 14:24
Seriously this has been debated forever before the game was released. This would never work because no one would want to play as the thugs. And there would be so many "WTF" moments when you end up getting hit with a batarang and ground takedown to take you out of the game without doing anything.

Batman said it best himself at the beginning of the game: "I work better alone."

Aricus
26th Aug 2009, 14:26
Seriously this has been debated forever before the game was released. This would never work because no one would want to play as the thugs. And there would be so many "WTF" moments when you end up getting hit with a batarang and ground takedown to take you out of the game without doing anything.

Batman said it best himself at the beginning of the game: "I work better alone."

I guess you haven't played MGS4 when it is 1 snake vs 10+ other guys. There are always people playing the other guys. There is something nice about taking down someone who overpowers you in every way

Ryanodamonkey
26th Aug 2009, 14:27
Have a vs system against the Villians

batman4747
26th Aug 2009, 14:31
People in this world really do rely on Mutiplayer to play games I wonder what they would do with out it lol. I love single player games and am happy this is single player and they should keep it that way.

PS did anyone see the advert for Batman Arkham Asylum on TV? My bro said he saw it.

Clown Prince Of Crime
26th Aug 2009, 14:32
People in this world really do rely on Mutiplayer to play games I wonder what they would do with out it lol. I love single player games and am happy this is single player and they should keep it that way.

PS did anyone see the advert for Batman Arkham Asylum on TV? My bro said he saw it.

I saw it.

I made everyone in the room jump as I stood up and shouted "Look, It's da big bad Batman !"

:lol:

Nemesis296
26th Aug 2009, 14:34
I guess you haven't played MGS4 when it is 1 snake vs 10+ other guys. There are always people playing the other guys. There is something nice about taking down someone who overpowers you in every way

Guess I just haven't played MGO. I loved MGS4, but I never got into the MP because it just seemed a little dumb to me. Halo works because it pits the same armor and weapons against each other. Would you still play Halo if they pitted 5 or 6 Covenant against 1 player as the Master Chief? Probably not. It's the same thing here. Batman is way more of a hero than any other superhero because of his abilities, and how much smarter he is. It wouldn't be true to Batman if thugs were able to be as smart as Batman, and gang up on him as you suggest. The tables would have to be turned on their sides to the point where people wouldn't have fun playing as Batman.

Part of the reason why this type of game is meant to be single player is because of the environments. Think about how much different it would be if the thugs were constantly checking the gargoyles, and running around scared, removing the element of fear with the game. It wouldn't work, it would just be a gimmick like all of the other MP modes that don't belong in a single player universe.

Same thing where this game would have sucked itself down the tube if they included a co-op option for Robin or something like that. The solo route is a winner for Batman.

batman4747
26th Aug 2009, 14:35
I saw it.

I made everyone in the room jump as I stood up and shouted "Look, It's da big bad Batman !"

:lol:

:lol: cool what did they show because my brother told me it was in CGI?

Clown Prince Of Crime
26th Aug 2009, 14:42
:lol: cool what did they show because my brother told me it was in CGI?

The advert I saw lasted less than 10 seconds.

It showed Joker laugh and say "Joker here !"

Then showed Batman looking down on the Asylum before finishing off with 'Batman Arkham Asylum, pick it up this Friday !"

Or something like that :hmm:

batman4747
26th Aug 2009, 15:01
ok cool thanks.

Sidsnot
26th Aug 2009, 15:05
multiplayer would suck for a game like this.

DrDoom
26th Aug 2009, 15:09
Scarecrow vs Batman, one person is Scarecrow the other is Batman. The Scarecrow person has to find Batman before he makes it to a certain place.

LemonLoafer
26th Aug 2009, 15:32
I think that would be very one sided. Just think how easy it is in the actual game.

DrDoom
26th Aug 2009, 15:34
Well yeah, but if someone else was controlling him it would be a lot harder to sneak around. I think it would fair.

LemonLoafer
26th Aug 2009, 15:44
Well yeah, but if someone else was controlling him it would be a lot harder to sneak around. I think it would fair.

Sorry, I wasn't saying that about your idea. But your idea sounds like an alright idea, but it would be rather short imo.

DrDoom
26th Aug 2009, 15:50
Sorry, I wasn't saying that about your idea. But your idea sounds like an alright idea, but it would be rather short imo.

Just make the parts larger with branching paths. I think it could work. Make them shine multiple lights or what not.