PDA

View Full Version : Closed Beta Launch Patch Notes

Psyonix_Corey
26th Feb 2014, 18:53
Runestones
- Runestones are now available for purchase in the Store
- Runestones allow you to purchase exclusive content like premium skins for classes, XP and Gold boosters, and Keys to open locked Chests
- Runestones also allow you to buy equipment like Weapons, Abilities, and Perks.

New Game Mode - “Siege”
- Siege is now available for players Rank 10 and above
- Humans must capture objectives scattered across the map, while Vampires must eliminate sufficient humans before they can activate enough objectives

New Class and Abilities Coming Soon!
- The new Deceiver class will not be available initially for Beta but will be released soon
- New abilities for the Reaver, Scout, and Sentinel will be released very soon after the initial beta begins

Leveling Rewards
- You will now earn unlocks at specific overall ranks and class levels
- At ranks 5, 10, 15, and 20 you will earn a “Class Unlock Artifact” that grants you access to a single locked character class. New classes will be locked by default but can be unlocked with an Artifact, Gold, or Gems. Scout and Sentinel will be locked for new players but not Alpha veterans.
- Future customization systems will be unlocked via leveling, such as selectable badges (for reaching certain ranks or class levels) that appear in the matchmaking lobby behind your name. Alpha testers will receive an Alpha-only badge shortly after beta launches.

Skin Updates
- All of the character skins have had their textures rebalanced around a new shader. They have less rim lighting, metals look more metal-y, and skin looks more…. skin-y.
- Some premium skins have had their colors reworked to add more variety to the existing line-up
- As community requested, the warpaint of Clan Dumahim (Reavers) have been varied as a display of their commitment to the war for Nosgoth
- “Evolved” Skins created in coordination with Daniel Cabuco are coming soon that pay homage to the vampire designs in the original Legacy of Kain games

Interface Updates
Matchmaking
- The matchmaking search and lobby screens have been redesigned
In-Game
- The in-game Loadout, Killed By, and Match Results screens have been reworked for usability and readability
- The Killed By screen will now show statistics about your last life such as Kills, Time Alive, etc.

Map Updates
Valeholm
- Center furnace structure raised to prevent line of sight issues
- Rooftop camping spot made inaccessible to humans
- Relocated a healing station to prevent humans from camping in one corner
- Reworked one particularly bad corner where humans camped and was rather difficult for vampires to approach
Sommerdamm
- Tyrants will no longer hit their heads on the “invisible ceiling” when using Jump Attack from tall structures
- Major performance pass. The map should run much better on lower spec machines
Provance
- Lighting balance pass to reduce some of the overly dark corners
- Major performance pass. The map should run much better on lower spec machines
All
- Miscellaneous Bug fixes

Vampires
Fall Damage
- Vampires now take significantly less fall damage than before in the rare cases they fall

Hunter
Crossbows
- Slightly increased recoil on all crossbows, moreso when “sprayed” for over a second
- Slightly increased spread on all crossbows when “spraying”
- Reduced long range aim assistance strength
Siege Bow
- Reduced recoil and spread scaling speed to better match fire rate (was overly punishing before compared to default)
Explosive Shot
- Damage reduced to 115 per shot (345 total), was 125 (375)

Reaver
Choking Haze
- Initial impact DoT radius reduced to 350, was 400
- Initial impact DoT damage reduced to 150 over 3 seconds, was 200/4 seconds

Sentinel
Kidnap and Abduct
- Kidnap and Abduct now have a warmup and ending animation. A charge bar will fill during the warmup animation and you can only Kidnap/Abduct a player when the bar is full. You cannot drop from the sky or use abilities during the ending animation.
Flight
- Air dodge no longer impairs your forward flight speed, and its camera has been improved

Matchmaking
- When searching, the game will initially attempt to match you into a lobby of similar Rank to yours. If no acceptable games can be found, it will put you in the best match available.
- Player Skill Ranking is coming soon and will replace overall Rank for matchmaking purposes

Miscellaneous
Performance
- Greatly increased performance on all maps on slower hardware on “Low” and “Medium” settings
- Players who wish to uncap their framerate may now do so, but the option is not yet exposed in the UI. You can edit BCMPUserProfile.ini and add “MaxSmoothedFrameRate=120.00” to set your maximum FPS to 120. Values up to 250 are currently accepted. VSync must be disabled in-game for this to have any effect. This is not officially supported. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Razaiim
26th Feb 2014, 19:50
Right on. I am happy that I get to run my sentinel right off the bat after many devoted hours.
I'm assuming the moved heal station is the corner near the burning houses and the market? And the other tweaked Corner is the one with the wooden deck against the mountain wall? Those are the two popular camping areas.

I like the reduction on the explosion effect for choking haze, it seemed a bit much, this should hopefully reign it in a bit.

The kidnap change raises a question: Does the start-up affect abduct as well (would feel like a silly oversight if it didn't or some balance subtlety that escapes me).

Psyonix_Eric
26th Feb 2014, 19:52
I'm assuming the moved heal station is the corner near the burning houses and the market? And the other tweaked Corner is the one with the wooden deck against the mountain wall? Those are the two popular camping areas.
Correct on both accounts.

cmstache
26th Feb 2014, 20:33
-Hunter, I think this is AWESOME. This should fix a lot of the issues with him.
-Choking Haze, this should be good. 200 was a wee bit high. 150 seems better, and the range helps for those "close" dodges even after you react.
-Sentinel, looks like I'll have to relearn some timings.

Valeholm, I think the mountain wall wasn't so bad, the opposite lower corner is FAR harder to penetrate... burning house heal was a bit much considering the other one was just down the hill.

Psyonix_Corey
26th Feb 2014, 21:07
The kidnap change raises a question: Does the start-up affect abduct as well (would feel like a silly oversight if it didn't or some balance subtlety that escapes me).

Yeah sorry it affects all Kidnap-based abilities. Updated notes to be clearer.

Khalith
26th Feb 2014, 21:20
- You will now earn unlocks at specific overall ranks and class levels
- At ranks 5, 10, 15, and 20 you will earn a “Class Unlock Artifact” that grants you access to a single locked character class. New classes will be locked by default but can be unlocked with an Artifact, Gold, or Gems. Scout and Sentinel will be locked for new players but not Alpha veterans.

Is that going to be a permanent thing? Having to unlock the various classes using those tokens that we earn? I feel like the three classes on each side should be baseline for everyone rather than forcing them to play the two classes they may not want to right off the bat. I definitely agree with rank based unlocks but only for skins and badges, not for unlocking other classes.

Saranjivac
26th Feb 2014, 23:01
Nice changes. Keep it up.
P.S. Can't wait for new abilities and classes :D

Varulven
26th Feb 2014, 23:09
I hope the default skin for the reaver is still the same! I don't like the new warpaints :(

Psyonix_Eric
26th Feb 2014, 23:27
I hope the default skin for the reaver is still the same! I don't like the new warpaints :(
He's the same.

Varulven
26th Feb 2014, 23:43
He's the same.

Thank you!

shinros
27th Feb 2014, 02:03

I personally like the new war paints makes him look more scary and menacing.

Varulven
27th Feb 2014, 06:12
I personally like the new war paints makes him look more scary and menacing.

He doesn't have to look like a beast to cause fear MUAHAHAHAAAA :D

Seriously, I like the classic look really much :)

lucinvampire
27th Feb 2014, 14:38
Can't wait to see how it plays tonight...watched the Stream last night and am intrigued by some of the changes :D

Kunieda
27th Feb 2014, 14:48
Great day 1 beta patch notes! Excited and already on!

hirukaru
27th Feb 2014, 15:04
Very nice notes.

Added them to the notes list that is found in the known bug list :P
For all beta players the lists also hold the alpha notes ;)

Didnt you guys also change the ground on sommerdamm? (the grenades that fell through the ground should not fall anymore through the gruond or didnt you change that yet.) In a different topic it has been said that if this still exist we have to report it. Sounding like there has been some fixed in that part.

Psyonix_Eric
27th Feb 2014, 15:16
Very nice notes.

Added them to the notes list that is found in the known bug list :P
For all beta players the lists also hold the alpha notes ;)

Didnt you guys also change the ground on sommerdamm? (the grenades that fell through the ground should not fall anymore through the gruond or didnt you change that yet.) In a different topic it has been said that if this still exist we have to report it. Sounding like there has been some fixed in that part.

It should be fixed.

PlagueMaster
27th Feb 2014, 16:01
I just login in game and see that scout and sentinel is locked for me, but I was on alpha test. Is it right or bug?

Iskedo
27th Feb 2014, 17:20
Me too, I was in Alpha Lv.21 got the 10k Gold. Both Scout and Sentinel locked

Psyonix_Corey
27th Feb 2014, 17:27
Should be fixed shortly, alpha players

PlagueMaster
27th Feb 2014, 17:39
Thank you for answer, Psyonix_Corey.

Lyesmyth
27th Feb 2014, 17:44
i was level 15 in alpha. am i alpha veteran or not cous my favorit sentinel is locked ;(

Oroibahazopi
27th Feb 2014, 17:47
Hunter
Crossbows
- Slightly increased recoil on all crossbows, moreso when “sprayed” for over a second
- Slightly increased spread on all crossbows when “spraying”
- Reduced long range aim assistance strength
Siege Bow
- Reduced recoil and spread scaling speed to better match fire rate (was overly punishing before compared to default)
Explosive Shot
- Damage reduced to 115 per shot (345 total), was 125 (375)

Multibow spread is 175 from 100 the others are still 180.

Can't see any other undocumented changes other than I think you've boosted the ranges of the tyrant primarys to silly ranges.

Bola description is still broken lol

Psyonix_Corey
27th Feb 2014, 18:18
We didn't boost the Tyrant numbers, I actually just fixed a tooltip bug.

Oroibahazopi
27th Feb 2014, 18:29
Good!

Omhxyz
27th Feb 2014, 20:38
Is the alchemist projectiles back to server sided? Im feeling so much delay.