PDA

View Full Version : Troels Brun Folmann WOW!!!

milens
25th Aug 2009, 19:57
Last couple days i listen on my computer music from Tomb Raider Underworld, Tomb Raider Legend, oh my god its beautiful Folmann is really talented its makes me to play tomb raider again, i really hope that he will make music for next tomb raider.

Pulse
25th Aug 2009, 21:44
I prefered the music in Legend tbh, I hope more stuff like that (orchestra mixed with techno and vocal) is in the new game

Jurre
25th Aug 2009, 22:01
I got all the tracks from Legend and Anniversary on my pc: some of his work is just divine...

Andy64
25th Aug 2009, 23:25
I must sound like the Simon Cowell of here but still have to to say it though. I think Nathan's TR music was just absolutely incredible. Epic and best video game music ever. Troels music is good but Nathan's was in different league and so the recent TR music just dosn't cut it for me for me in comparison. I miss Nathan's music immensely from the recent games.

Randy 54
26th Aug 2009, 00:08
The music for Underworld is very beautiful but, it was composed by Colin O'Malley, a very gifted composer who has done many soundtracks, Troels did the main theme.
www.colinomalley.com

jayjay119
26th Aug 2009, 00:18
I prefered the music in Legend tbh, I hope more stuff like that (orchestra mixed with techno and vocal) is in the new game

I don't think that's what the music in Legend was like at all. It was more of a folk/ tribal sounds and personally i think the TRL score was really bland apart from the main theme. I immediately took a dislike to troels anyway because he completely disregarded the main TR theme, it was nowhere in that game. The music you describe here sounds more like AOD's score to be honest.

I must sound like the Simon Cowell of here but still have to to say it though. I think Nathan's TR music was just absolutely incredible. Epic and best video game music ever. Troels music is good but Nathan's was in different league and so the recent TR music just dosn't cut it for me for me in comparison. I miss Nathan's music immensely from the recent games.

I agree, as far as the music for TR goes Nathan Mcree did a fantastic job. Troels recreations in TRA were ok but didn't have the same energy, I felt it would have been better had they used the originals. I really like the guy who dis TR4, 5 and AOD though He and Nathan are deffinitely the best.

The music for Underworld is very beautiful but, it was composed by Colin O'Malley, a very gifted composer who has done many sountracks, Troels did the main theme.
www.colinomalley.com

Yeah I really like the music O'malley did for TRU, it was the first game where the music actually had any decent energy in any track but the main score. I hope he does the next TR game instead of Troels.

John Akam
26th Aug 2009, 07:56
I don't think that's what the music in Legend was like at all. It was more of a folk/ tribal sounds and personally i think the TRL score was really bland apart from the main theme. I immediately took a dislike to troels anyway because he completely disregarded the main TR theme, it was nowhere in that game. The music you describe here sounds more like AOD's score to be honest.

I agree with NatlaUnleasdes94. I think that is exactly what the music in Legend is ... orchestra, vocals, techno and electronic bunched up. While Ailein Duinn indeed is a folk song, it doesn't make TRL scores folkish / tribalish. AoD's score, on the other hand is not techno - when it's not orchestrial, it's just ambient music (a musical genre close to New Age).

I found Fohlman's recreation of TR original musics in TRA is brilliant. They're smoother, more natural and blends in with the game. And I disagree when you said that he completely neglected the TR's main theme in TRL. He incorporate that signature melody in TRL, and TRL main theme starts off with that 3 notes. Not only did he incorporate the signature theme, but he also did use some other previous TR's musics in his composition.

But there is just one thing about today's TR music which I found a bit of a set-back. It sounds generic ... it sounds like musics that you can hear anywhere else, in other games, in movies etc. It doesn't have the vibes (as in the atmosphere and the musical instrument itself) like in the classics.

Flintmelody
26th Aug 2009, 13:23
I agree, as far as the music for TR goes Nathan Mcree did a fantastic job. Troels recreations in TRA were ok but didn't have the same energy, I felt it would have been better had they used the originals. I really like the guy who dis TR4, 5 and AOD though He and Nathan are deffinitely the best.

Yeah I really like the music O'malley did for TRU, it was the first game where the music actually had any decent energy in any track but the main score. I hope he does the next TR game instead of Troels.

The abscence of the original versions of the TRA music was one of the things I liked least about TRA. It was quite dissapointing really. I still thought TRA's music was good and Legend's the best of CD's games. TRU music I wasn't so keen on. Too generic so don't want that again.

There is just one thing about today's TR music which I found a bit of a set-back. It sounds generic ... it sounds like musics that you can hear anywhere else, in other games, in movies etc. It doesn't have the vibes (as in the atmosphere and the musical instrument itself) like in the classics.

Agreed. The early tunes were epic. Such it's own brilliant style of music that no other series had. The recent ones are more generic and maybe less exciting. I hope that Troels or whoever is doing the music for the next TR can recapture the energy of the early TR music.

LARALOVERnr1
26th Aug 2009, 13:23
Legend and Underworld Soundtracks where awesome!!! :eek::D

milens
26th Aug 2009, 15:00
so Folmann did music for TRL and O 'Malley for TRU?

milens
26th Aug 2009, 15:09
This is my TOP10
1. Mediterranean Sea - Niflheim
2. Coastal Thailand - Puppet No Longer
3. Mediterranean Sea - God Of Thunder
4. Coastal Thailand - Ruins
5. trl_credits_01 i like how is begins
6. Southern Mexico - Mexican Bike Ride
7. trl_ghana_01
8. trl_england_05a
9. trl_japan_05a
10. trl_kazakhstan_10

Pulse
26th Aug 2009, 23:30

OMG, AOD Theme= Best videogame them ever! :D

But I liked Legend's main theme and this track a lot:

15rxpqgSD1A

Randy 54
27th Aug 2009, 00:26
@ Milens,
Folmann composed the main theme and O'Malley did the rest.

jayjay119
27th Aug 2009, 17:55

15rxpqgSD1A

I agree with you about AODs main titles but as far as the legend track goes, its a perfect example of the blandness compared to previous games, its a nearly 5 minute track thats virtually just the first 33 seconds repeated until the end.

milens
27th Aug 2009, 18:53
@ Milens,
Folmann composed the main theme and O'Malley did the rest.
Oh, so then i need to change headline of this post, to "O,Malley wow":)

Pulse
27th Aug 2009, 22:02
More stuff like the bike them, but less repetetive, would be so great for action sequences in TR9:thumb:

Katie_Fleming
28th Aug 2009, 14:55

I agree, I prefer Nathan's music any day. He "got" Tomb Raider and I think that's why it worked so well. Also, we were extremely spoiled with having the London Symphony Orchestra play. Just incredible.

It would be awesome if the LSO had a concert for TR music - that would be an event to attend.

Flintmelody
28th Aug 2009, 14:57
I agree, I prefer Nathan's music any day. He "got" Tomb Raider and I think that's why it worked so well. Also, we were extremely spoiled with having the London Symphony Orchestra play. Just incredible. .

Couldn't agree more.

LARALOVERnr1
28th Aug 2009, 16:55

15rxpqgSD1A
lovely soundtrack, isnt it? :D

_Love2Raid_
28th Aug 2009, 18:49
The music in Tomb Raider is one of the things that has constantly been great throughout the series.

John Akam
29th Aug 2009, 02:00
I agree with you about AODs main titles but as far as the legend track goes, its a perfect example of the blandness compared to previous games, its a nearly 5 minute track thats virtually just the first 33 seconds repeated until the end.

That is because the musics play in loops in Tomb Raider Legend.

Studded*Belt
25th Oct 2009, 04:03
WOW, is right my friends... very wow... legend had the best,my opinion. it was so good i felt like i was dreaming in a way, very ethereal, love it!

Ants_27_
25th Oct 2009, 09:08
I think Legend was the best becuase Anniversary wasn't 'great' but not bad. I still prefer Anniversary over Underworld I think.

I do have a strange 'interest' in:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcM7x-LGDGc&feature=related

Slightly off topic but it is a soundtrack (just not TR):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6miaTf1gF4g

Who doesn't like a song sang in Irish!?