PDA

View Full Version : PC players

Kevin =]
25th Aug 2009, 01:38
hey guys, this is a thread for all you pc players out there :o.

Hey guys, arent you even a little upset that we wont be getting the game tomorrow? how all your xbox and ps3 friends are going to be enjoying it all away? im really sad. Is the reason for the delay for the pc version because they're still working on the physx? cause if they are then im going to be really pissed since i dont have nvida (ATI radeon) and im waiting for nothing. :mad2: although im praying for dlc by the time the pc version comes out PRAYING.

really makes me sad how my friends can play the game before me, oh well, time to visit my friend's house =]

Sander Cohen
25th Aug 2009, 01:41
;1145243']hey guys, this is a thread for all you pc players out there :o.

Hey guys, arent you even a little upset that we wont be getting the game tomorrow? how all your xbox and ps3 friends are going to be enjoying it all away? im really sad. Is the reason for the delay for the pc version because they're still working on the physx? cause if they are then im going to be really pissed since i dont have nvida (ATI radeon) and im waiting for nothing. :mad2: although im praying for dlc by the time the pc version comes out PRAYING.

really makes me sad how my friends can play the game before me, oh well, time to visit my friend's house =]

I'm getting the PC version....but I also pre-ordered the 360 version too so I dont have to wait :D

gclhoutx
25th Aug 2009, 01:51
Nah, not upset here. I've noticed anyway all games that claim to have DLC is only for the consoles anyway. If there is DLC for the PC i'll be shocked, just seems to be the way the game industry is going now a days.

hlhbk
25th Aug 2009, 01:55
I already preordered the PC version and PS3 collectors edition which I am picking up tonight so I am not upset by it at all.

Resolve
25th Aug 2009, 01:59
You can get the game already...but not legally. lol.

Shaderhacker
25th Aug 2009, 02:58
;1145243']hey guys, this is a thread for all you pc players out there :o.

I was going to get the PC version until I started playing the PC demo and noticed how the framerate is too low. The 360 does a constant 30fps. CE preorder sticks!

amb7247
25th Aug 2009, 04:47
I was going to get the PC version until I started playing the PC demo and noticed how the framerate is too low. The 360 does a constant 30fps. CE preorder sticks!

I may get the PC version later just because of the cool costumes you can download, if they offer those for the 360 and PS3, I think they are worth downloading.

iceman0124
25th Aug 2009, 04:58
The wait is hard....but worth it to me. Playing the demo with the bare bones physx, at 1680x1050 , 16xq AA, 16x AF and everything cranked to max with a solid fluid framerate.....the consoles look like crap in comparison, especially the PS3, the 360 had slightly sharoer textures, but on the my PC, the in game graphics look quite noticeably better than the pre rendered cut scenes. I also prefer the keyboard and mouse once I got used to it, the wait sucks, but for a better experience, it will be worth it.

akskiller
25th Aug 2009, 05:00
I just won the Collectors Edition from twitter from GTTVs Geoff. :)

Talvrae
25th Aug 2009, 05:35
I just won the Collectors Edition from twitter from GTTVs Geoff. :)

Congratz

Batlady
25th Aug 2009, 11:27
The reason the PC verison is out later is to avoid piracy. If the PC verison was released the same day, a lot of people would just download it, instead of paying for the ps3/360 verison. So all the console people have bought it over waiting and downloading = more money.

keenu
25th Aug 2009, 12:19
Yeah I was pretty upset when I heard the delay, but have I have got used to it now. Hopefully they can fix any issues up until the release date.

An-Anonymous
25th Aug 2009, 12:32
The reason the PC verison is out later is to avoid piracy. If the PC verison was released the same day, a lot of people would just download it, instead of paying for the ps3/360 verison. So all the console people have bought it over waiting and downloading = more money.
Yeah, and they don't download 360 version illegally? 360 version leaked almost 5 days ago and many people already finished the game twice. Heck, they even uploaded their playthroughs to YouTube.

And it's not only Arkham Asylum, every single 360 game gets leaked even before PC version is released. But only the PC version gets terrible Securom software, not 360 one. For example, I had to use a crack for my original Mass Effect because when I changed a few parts of my computer, I couldn't get it opened. These days developers/publishers treat PC gamers as potential thieves, and I'm sick of it. 360 version of Arkham Asylum is all over the internet, Rocksteady should do something about this instead of putting terrible piracy-protection-softwares to the PC version. Only those who pays for the game suffers from them, not the ones who download it illegally.

iceman0124
25th Aug 2009, 14:11
I agree piracy is part of it. But they are "completeing" the game for those of us with high end systems and WE will be the ones playing the game as the developers intended, super high res textures, interactive volumetric fog/ particles, destructible environments, high level AA and 16 X AF (not a menu option in the demo, set it in your vid cards CP and prepare to be wowed) all that in the demo version at least runs fluid on a card you can get for under $200 (original GTX260)

Personally speaking I'd much rather have the "full" experience my first time through, and not do a tourists replay to see what should have been there in the first place. I want to play the game now....I own both consoles ,but I went on and preorederd through steam to resist temptation. I watched the opening sequence on a 360 and it does look a little sharper than the demo.....but still doesnt hold a candle to the PC demo maxed out.

iceman0124
25th Aug 2009, 14:15
INah, not upset here. I've noticed anyway all games that claim to have DLC is only for the consoles anyway. If there is DLC for the PC i'll be shocked, just seems to be the way the game industry is going now a days. .

There will likely be a lot of user made content superior to pay to play DLC

An-Anonymous
25th Aug 2009, 14:40
PC version will have DLCs and Achievements, every "Games for Windows LIVE" game have them (Fallout 3, Street Fighter IV etc.). And we (will) have many great mods. Except playable Joker, PC version will be the definitive version of Arkham Asylum.

BTW, I wonder if PC version of the game have playable Joker files. GTAIV DLC was exclusive to X360, but Rockstar left DLC files in the PC version, then modders enabled DLC for the PC. I hope Rocksteady left those files "unintentionally" :)

Paulley
25th Aug 2009, 16:11
Well in the demo i think there are remnants of the Joker challenge maps so i dont think it will be that hard for people to get it working on the PC... have you seen some of the fantastic things modders have been able to do..

.. this time next year well be playing all sorts of weird versions of this game on the PC

al-x
25th Aug 2009, 21:50
Hello:

I am excited and patient for the game. I'll preorder soon...
The demo worked well on my PC so I am not nervous.

On a side note, I came from the TR forums not too far away
on Eidos. I didn't realize I was already registered. I have been
looking for a game to get into after TR and this is it.

Al...

Kevin =]
26th Aug 2009, 01:34
thanks mods for moving this thread =]

the pc knight
1st Sep 2009, 09:16
I am going to DIE! How much longer for the pc!

ThanassisV
1st Sep 2009, 09:18
I am going to DIE! How much longer for the pc!
14 or 17 days...:(

batmaster
1st Sep 2009, 11:13
Ah man i really can't wait. There are so many gameplay video's on youtube, this is very hard!

ThanassisV
1st Sep 2009, 13:36
Ah man i really can't wait. There are so many gameplay video's on youtube, this is very hard!

This is really hard indeed...
I've been to this before...the only thing that can make you forget about it is an other game...I'd say...Section 8 (4/September)

batmaster
1st Sep 2009, 14:41
Ah man your lucky, i have NOTHING! I just wanna wach things on youtube!