PDA

View Full Version : Destructible enviroment

CentroX
24th Aug 2009, 12:57
How destructible will be environment be? just now we saw vehicles, gas stations and some buildings are destructible. What about the rest?

mycoldman
24th Aug 2009, 13:54
Trees. Lot's of trees.

Destruction isn't the focus in Just Cause 2, particularly like say... Mercs or Red Faction, but you know what...? It almost could be. :)

brauny
24th Aug 2009, 16:01
Awww :( no giant sledgehammer to rule them all. Wait we have the dual hook, suck it sledgehammer suck it hard :)

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
24th Aug 2009, 22:11
Suck it!

Kitchenfork
25th Aug 2009, 00:16
Trees. Lot's of trees.

Destruction isn't the focus in Just Cause 2, particularly like say... Mercs or Red Faction, but you know what...? It almost could be. :)

So your saying we can finally go for that off road jungle cruise in a 4x4 and not have to worry about getting stuck on trees like in just cause 1?

One of my gripes with the first one was that I would always want to take short cuts through the jungle but always get caught on trees and rocks.

Cheers

beethamwest
25th Aug 2009, 18:28
Well to be fair, if you hit a tree in almost any vehicle in real life, who would win?? ::)

Kitchenfork
26th Aug 2009, 01:20
Yes true, but something tells me that Just Cause 2 isn't going for ultra realism :). Thus, i would like to be able to run down a few trees, even if only some of the smaller trees, and be able to go for my off road 4x4 family drives.

Cheers

slayer925
26th Aug 2009, 04:02
Well to be fair, if you hit a tree in almost any vehicle in real life, who would win?? ::)

how many people do you know that grapple on to choppers and shoot people in the face and steal the chopper :lmao:

PoorBison
26th Aug 2009, 06:10
If this game was fully destructible, all the physics calculations and extra geometry would mean that they'd have to tone down other aspects of the game.

Avalanche know what type of game they want to make, and they will do their best to balance the destruction and the gameplay to keep us satisfied.

mycoldman
26th Aug 2009, 08:27
I think the level of destruction in Just Cause 2 will surprise you.

PoorBison
26th Aug 2009, 08:31
Oh I'm sure :)

I was just getting at the fact that we probably won't be able to topple skyscrapers, like Mercenaries allows. But given that they are different styles of game, I'd be happy no matter what.

Just Cause doesn't have to be a fully destructible masterpiece to win me over, it had me on its side from the very start.