PDA

View Full Version : Maps comparison :naughty:

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
20th Aug 2009, 14:18
Maybe mods think this doesn't deserve a new thread and fuse it with Just Cause map, I don't know, whatever. I did this for fun in five minutes of boredom:

http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/12/81/94/33/maps10.jpg

There are the proportions shown clearly

QCypher
20th Aug 2009, 14:57
Wow...if thats accurate, I think this will be the most fun and the BEST sandbox I have ever played...

I am officially REALLY excited for this game.

KubaD
20th Aug 2009, 15:32
Hmmm, official website says that area of Panau is +/- 640 km^2

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
20th Aug 2009, 18:04
Hmmm, official website says that area of Panau is +/- 640 km^2

Well, you just discovered an error in the website. In english and german it says 400 square mile, in spanish and italian 1000 km2 and in french (here is the error I guess) 640 km2.

400 square mile = 1000 km2 (more or less)

Edit: Anybody knows if there is any way of having images as signatures? I want to have this:

http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/12/81/94/33/mercs210.jpg

KubaD
20th Aug 2009, 21:31
1 mile = +/- 1,6 km
400*1,6 = 640

I think that english, german and french are right.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
20th Aug 2009, 22:14
1 mile = +/- 1,6 km
400*1,6 = 640

I think that english, german and french are right.

(sigh) That again? 400 miles *1,6 = 640 Km
and 400 square miles = 1000 square kilometres

PoorBison
21st Aug 2009, 10:24
Using the data you provided (and some improvisation involving the San Andreas map which most definitely is not a rectangle!) I decided to make a version of your image which places the maps ontop of each other, for a better sense of scale. Obviously I had to use the Just Cause 1 map for this, as I'm still working on making a picture of what the Just Cause 2 map looks like from the bits of it we've seen in the videos.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8416/mapsizes.jpg

Oh, and sorry Sadistic_Sandbox_Player, images in signatures isn't allowed.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
21st Aug 2009, 11:40
Nice, Poor Bison. Oh yes, my San Andreas was a rectangle only to show exact proportions with more round numbers
A pity about the signatures

Edit: If you are able to make a map of Panau right now I'll make a monument of you :eek:

RavenSierra
24th Aug 2009, 03:43
Oh I do hope they release a nice high-resolution map image for us.
That way I can use it to take notes about where all the cool stuff is hidden!

brauny
24th Aug 2009, 16:17
I hope they put ridiculous things in here as easter eggs like bigfoot patroling the woods with a shotgun and when you get close to him he shoots you but its only confetti. That would be very funny and cool

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
15th Nov 2009, 21:44
Maybe mods think this doesn't deserve a new thread and fuse it with Just Cause map, I don't know, whatever. I did this for fun in five minutes of boredom:

http://i81.servimg.com/u/f81/12/81/94/33/maps10.jpg

There are the proportions shown clearly

This.
Yeah, another thread was made, but we didn't get confirmation about those numbers

JAGeng
15th Nov 2009, 21:49
good one

brauny
15th Nov 2009, 21:52
but we have to remember that like half the map is mountains and woods

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
15th Nov 2009, 21:57
In mercs and san andreas too, and that's good. Even better with a grappler

DomH
15th Nov 2009, 22:15
wow

JAGeng
15th Nov 2009, 22:16
but we have to remember that like half the map is mountains and woods

Thats the way real geography works, developed areas separated by big sectors of undeveloped, naturally conserved and low population density areas. Its called planning.

brauny
15th Nov 2009, 22:18
well i call it camel****

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
15th Nov 2009, 22:36
Haha, what a pair

brauny
15th Nov 2009, 22:42
wat pair? wat are u talking about

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
15th Nov 2009, 22:49
:lol: Oh, nothing

brauny
15th Nov 2009, 23:03
wat did i miss?

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
15th Nov 2009, 23:05
Nothing, just found funny the way he explained that about the landscape and your answer to him. That's all

brauny
15th Nov 2009, 23:08
o ok. i thought something else was going on and i missed it

Sam_Cro
16th Nov 2009, 08:31
Using the data you provided (and some improvisation involving the San Andreas map which most definitely is not a rectangle!) I decided to make a version of your image which places the maps ontop of each other, for a better sense of scale. Obviously I had to use the Just Cause 1 map for this, as I'm still working on making a picture of what the Just Cause 2 map looks like from the bits of it we've seen in the videos.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/8416/mapsizes.jpg

Oh, and sorry Sadistic_Sandbox_Player, images in signatures isn't allowed.

Thats not really the actual size is it? If so, your telling me BOTH the SA map AND the Mercs 2 map BOTH fit in the JC 1 map and possible the JC2 map?:eek:

PoorBison
16th Nov 2009, 08:53
Yep, they are the correct sizes. San Andreas may have seemed large, but it really wasn't that big. Same goes for Mercenaries 2.

Sam_Cro
16th Nov 2009, 09:00
Yep, they are the correct sizes. San Andreas may have seemed large, but it really wasn't that big. Same goes for Mercenaries 2.

OMG are you kidding me that is how huge JC1 is? Is JC2 gonna be the same size or bigger? THANKS man! That just seems UNBELIEVABLE I guess I was WRONG when I thought SA and Mercs 1 and 2 were the biggest sandbox games ever, dead wrong!

PoorBison
16th Nov 2009, 09:29
Just Cause 2 is about the same size as Just Cause 1, but it will be much more varied with the snowy mountains and the desert, etc.

Huge potential for exploration! :)

Sam_Cro
16th Nov 2009, 09:39
Just Cause 2 is about the same size as Just Cause 1, but it will be much more varied with the snowy mountains and the desert, etc.

Huge potential for exploration! :)

I don't suppose you could climb said mountain nor drive up it? Probable must fly to the top right? I know you can grapple your way up a building, but I suppose not a mountain huh? Do you know anything about the realism sir? Like you said snowy mountains and deserts, If your in either climates do you loose HP for freezing, dehydrating, or from lose of breath due to higher altitude? Thanks!

Whistler
16th Nov 2009, 10:24
I don't suppose you could climb said mountain nor drive up it? Probable must fly to the top right? I know you can grapple your way up a building, but I suppose not a mountain huh? Do you know anything about the realism sir? Like you said snowy mountains and deserts, If your in either climates do you loose HP for freezing, dehydrating, or from lose of breath due to higher altitude? Thanks!

You'll definitely be able to climb up anything using grapple hook. And Rico won't freeze or dehydrate btw.

PoorBison
16th Nov 2009, 11:33
I don't suppose you could climb said mountain nor drive up it? Probable must fly to the top right? I know you can grapple your way up a building, but I suppose not a mountain huh? Do you know anything about the realism sir? Like you said snowy mountains and deserts, If your in either climates do you loose HP for freezing, dehydrating, or from lose of breath due to higher altitude? Thanks!You can attach to anything with collision detection, so I can imagine that grappling your way up a mountain is easily achieveable. No doubt you could also attempt to drive up a mountain, I'm not sure how successful this would be however and yes flying is the easiest option :)

Though you can grapple a car to your helicopter and take it with you to the top of the mountain, and proceed to drive down the mountain at top speed.

The only limitation that I know of is a lung-capacity limit when you are underwater. Aside from that you will not lose HP in any of the environments. This reminds me, your outfit will become dusty over time in the desert, and snowy in the mountains when you have lingered long enough. So you will notice some effects from being in different environments! :)

Wenis
16th Nov 2009, 11:43
I hear another limitation, is that Rico needs frequent bathroom breaks because he suffers from an overactive bladder syndrome.

Sam_Cro
16th Nov 2009, 12:06
I hear another limitation, is that Rico needs frequent bathroom breaks because he suffers from an overactive bladder syndrome.

lmao. You can hook your grappeling hook on to a mountain?

Whistler
16th Nov 2009, 13:54
lmao. You can hook your grappeling hook on to a mountain?

Well, I heard nothing about grappling hook restrictions. GH able to attach to a concrete wall, so mountain should not be a problem.

JAGeng
16th Nov 2009, 21:49
Oh Panau, so humble.

Wenis
16th Nov 2009, 21:58
You might only be able to grapple on models, like buildings, bridges, vehicles, etc. and not actual land (like mountains). but I don't know.. I'm sure mycoldman does though. Someone call him over

JAGeng
16th Nov 2009, 22:03
You might only be able to grapple on models, like buildings, bridges, vehicles, etc. and not actual land (like mountains). but I don't know.. I'm sure mycoldman does though. Someone call him over

I think its anything with collition.

Colonel Earnel
16th Nov 2009, 22:31
I think its anything with collition.
That's right.
You can see how he grapples to the ground in the walkthroughs btw

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
16th Nov 2009, 23:44
Oh, I didn't even question that ever. I think he can grapple to anything. Why would climb a skyscrapper and not mountains? And can grapple to the ground, so, no doubts I guess

awesome_man
17th Nov 2009, 02:39
he wont get Pulmonary Edima either :D:D

Whistler
17th Nov 2009, 07:47

Watch gameplay videos, you'll se that Rico can grapple anything.

hotduk
24th Nov 2009, 21:27
Do you think he could grapple himself to an enemy? Or maybe grapple his other arm to his foot? Maybe even both feet together?

Why would he do this? You might ask...

He's Rico. You don't question Rico.

brauny
24th Nov 2009, 21:44
i dont think the aiming thing goes that far to let u aim at urself

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
24th Nov 2009, 22:32
Do you think he could grapple himself to an enemy? Or maybe grapple his other arm to his foot? Maybe even both feet together?

Why would he do this? You might ask...

He's Rico. You don't question Rico.

:lol: Yeah, grapple tongue to elbow!

Ketchupman95
29th Nov 2009, 17:04
wth?
actually I thought the map of JC2 is as big as the map of san andreas :D
thats insane hope the world of JC2 is detailed and not just big like in the first one.

JAGeng
29th Nov 2009, 19:28
Do you think he could grapple himself to an enemy?

Well, everytime Rico grapples an enemy he is grappling himself to the enemy.

One end of the line is stuck to the enemy while the other end is stuck to Ricos arm, so technically he actually grappled himself to the enemy.

brauny
29th Nov 2009, 19:34
o yea ur right cuz he can pull the enemy toward him and then do that juggle thing

Rico90
29th Nov 2009, 19:38
Oh, I didn't even question that ever. I think he can grapple to anything. Why would climb a skyscrapper and not mountains? And can grapple to the ground, so, no doubts I guess

In the latest walkthrough video, your supposed to be able to grapple anything in-game which has been programmed with the grappling or destruction ability. So I'm pretty sure, that grappling anything is a definite go.:thumb:

Ketchupman95
29th Nov 2009, 20:23
back to topic:
will I be able to set a marker in this huge map?
like in san andreas?

awesome_man
29th Nov 2009, 23:08
i hope...i always forgot which direction i was going in the first one :mad:

Rico90
29th Nov 2009, 23:16
i hope...i always forgot which direction i was going in the first one :mad:
+1
qtf

awesome_man
29th Nov 2009, 23:30
ooookkkkkk?????....what does qtf stand for and whats the +1 for??

brauny
30th Nov 2009, 00:17
the +1 means he agrees wit u i think and gtf i have no clue

Rico90
30th Nov 2009, 00:25
ooookkkkkk?????....what does qtf stand for and whats the +1 for??

the +1 means he agrees wit u i think and gtf i have no clue

+1= Agree's with what is said in post.

QFT= Quoted For Truth

:thumb:

brauny
30th Nov 2009, 00:26
o ok, i have never heard of qft before and the +1 was a total guess

hotduk
30th Nov 2009, 16:13
back to topic:
will I be able to set a marker in this huge map?
like in san andreas?

I can't remember where I heard this (maybe in the second podcast or something that mycoldman posted), but I'm almost positive that you will be able to set waypoints and things like that.

Vench
30th Nov 2009, 16:16
I can't remember where I heard this (maybe in the second podcast or something that mycoldman posted), but I'm almost positive that you will be able to set waypoints and things like that.

Right. Today it´s possible to set waypoints in every Open-World Game. Maybe no GPS like in GTA 4, but who needs GPS? You are Rico, Nico Bellics Street is your Air!

mycoldman
2nd Dec 2009, 20:45

This is correct. Extra points!

hotduk
2nd Dec 2009, 21:11
This is correct. Extra points!

YES!!! Hopefully those point will show up on the Gamestats page when it goes active!! [finger's crossed]

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
2nd Dec 2009, 22:25
Cool! Even the smallest piece of info is welcome for these anxious mob of waiting zombies! BRAI... I mean... INFO!!!

Rico90
3rd Dec 2009, 05:57
o ok, i have never heard of qft before and the +1 was a total guess

It's something my computer nerd little brother taught me about. Probably the first time I've actually ever used it on a place like this? :scratch: