PDA

View Full Version : To My Fellow Australian Bat-Fans...

Jackster
20th Aug 2009, 03:18
Is it just me or is it a massive bummer to come on here and see everyone saying things like"Not long now!" or "Bought my copy today!" and we for some reason have to wait another two weeks from today..

Is there any reason why it takes another week to come here?

door noob
20th Aug 2009, 03:21
Pretty much legal rights, shipping, and double checking if the content is acceptable and weather or not to delete to inappropriate content.

Argel319
20th Aug 2009, 03:24
Pretty much legal rights, shipping, and double checking if the content is acceptable and weather or not to delete to inappropriate content.

Delete content?! You Aussies have it rough.

door noob
20th Aug 2009, 03:30
Delete content?! You Aussies have it rough.

Yup, take a look at Fallout 3, and luckily I'm living elsewhere, which is good gaming wise.

Jackster
20th Aug 2009, 03:31
sigh*.....Two more weeks to go...

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 04:42
Its ridiculous. The game is meant to come on the 28th for us Aussies but all the stupid retailers are selling it on the 3rd :mad2:

I've been ****ed for a long time now.....

Jackster
20th Aug 2009, 04:44
that means a week of all the other people on here talking about how much fun they are having without us..

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 04:46
that means a week of all the other people on here talking about how much fun they are having without us..

Which means I will leave when it is released for them. I won't come back till I'm finished.

I got an idea, how bout one of us makes a thread (or uses this thread) on the 28th and we will tell each other if a store is selling it?

walkthelinehan
20th Aug 2009, 04:56
such a thread exists
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=91997

ps; i preordered from jb hifi the other day, on the receipt it says the 28th of aug even though they've changed it to 3rd of sept on their website....its given me some little glimpse of hope lol

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 04:59
such a thread exists
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=91997

ps; i preordered from jb hifi the other day, on the receipt it says the 28th of aug even though they've changed it to 3rd of sept on their website....its given me some little glimpse of hope lol

I am aware of that thread. But that wasn't what I meant.

I mean, if say your store rings you up and says you can pick it up on the 28th, could you post in here so we could ring up the store we ordered from and say that *insert store here* is selling it early?

BTW, you still haven't put the Road to Arkham comic under GAME's pre order bonus.

walkthelinehan
20th Aug 2009, 05:05
updated just now, thanks for reminding me i forgot all about it
ill definately let you guys know if jb drop on the 28th! fingers crossed for some kind of miracle

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 05:07
updated just now, thanks for reminding me i forgot all about it
ill definately let you guys know if jb drop on the 28th! fingers crossed for some kind of miracle

No problemo.

Ok thanks, I'm still ****ed about the date though.

My GAME said that the dates of the 28th and 3rd are being tossed around a bit. He said it is still possible that it will come out on the 28th.

HarlenQuinn
20th Aug 2009, 05:43
IM glad that all my stuff is american, becuase I usually pic it up in america, while IM visiting family

Becuase living in australia is a bummer ot my gaming experience

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 05:44
IM glad that all my stuff is american, becuase I usually pic it up in america, while IM visiting family

Becuase living in australia is a bummer ot my gaming experience

Yeah, we always get things last :mad2:

walkthelinehan
20th Aug 2009, 05:56
better to assume the third and then we wont be disappointed on the 28th
they said they'd text me when its ready, ill be on edge every time my phone goes off

imported_alec_006
20th Aug 2009, 05:58
im hoping for the second even

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 06:15
Yeah. I've decided to myself that its the 3rd. Its a big bummer really, I've got the 28th off of school :(

DarkKnightDanny
20th Aug 2009, 06:17
put it this way.at least it doesnt rain all the time in oz

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 06:18
put it this way.at least it doesnt rain all the time in oz

:lmao:

But cause we barely get rain means we're in a ******* terrible drought :p

HeavenlyRaider.
20th Aug 2009, 07:23
Hi.

I am.

Australian.

Jackster
20th Aug 2009, 07:23
I mean, if say your store rings you up and says you can pick it up on the 28th, could you post in here so we could ring up the store we ordered from and say that *insert store here* is selling it early?

Im so down with that, the bat signal should go up if anyone gets it here early

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 07:27
Hi.

I am.

Australian.

Um, random post much?

Im so down with that, the bat signal should go up if anyone gets it here early

Post this when you get any word:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z197/StarsInHerEyes_2007/Bat-signalBatman_1989.jpg

seth1138
20th Aug 2009, 07:34
Paid off my CE today at JB and they said the 3rd :mad2: I near cried.

Will let you guys know if I know of any stores selling it early:)

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 07:38
Paid off my CE today at JB and they said the 3rd :mad2: I near cried.

Will let you guys know if I know of any stores selling it early:)

I'm with you buddy *cries*

Yeah, we're being ripped off by the retailers. I'll C&P again in case some people didn't see it what Keir said to me.

"I've asked the Director of Export Sales about the Oz release date at this end and I'm told officially it's the 28th, but if Aussie retailers set the date as later that's their call.

So I'm not sure, I think perhaps if the game gets shipped to Oz in time you might see it on the shelves before the 3rd, but I suppose if they're saying the 3rd that's what you should expect.

Sorry for the somewhat convoluted answer, I can't say for sure but there's the info I have."

So techincally, we're being screwed.

Jackster
20th Aug 2009, 07:38
Um, random post much?

Post this when you get any word:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z197/StarsInHerEyes_2007/Bat-signalBatman_1989.jpg

now if i see that photo in the coming days for any reason I'm gonna have to sprint down to my local game store

kianbung
20th Aug 2009, 07:45
...complain all you want. I preordered the PC version.

*stabs self*

Jackster
20th Aug 2009, 08:07
...complain all you want. I preordered the PC version.

*stabs self*

Wow...makes the rest of this thread seem insignificant...that must suck

William
20th Aug 2009, 08:28
Yeah I really want this game on the 28th as I have a week off uni starting that day. I emailed eb games basically asking why is the stores release date different to the official release date and the response I got didn't really help. My guess is shipping is the reason for the delay but I am going to the store anyway on the 28th to see if its there. It should be release on the 28th dammit.

HI Will,

We receive reports and updates from all of our distributors regularly regarding release dates. Unfortunately, they do change from their original date occasionally, mainly due to the developers of the game, shipping or any manufacturing delays. Batman Arkham Asylum is currenlty due for release on the 3rd of September.

Thank you for your query.

Kind Regards

Liam Bryant

EB GAMES
Electronics Boutique Australia Pty Ltd
(He spelt currently wrong lol.)

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 08:30
Yeah I really want this game on the 28th as I have a week off uni starting that day. I emailed eb games basically asking why is the stores release date different to the official release date and the response I got didn't really help. My guess is shipping is the reason for the delay but I am going to the store anyway on the 28th to see if its there. It should be release on the 28th dammit.

(He spelt currently wrong lol.)

That sucks :mad2:

I'd say its a shipping error of some sorts.

Jackster
20th Aug 2009, 09:42
I wonder how many phone calls these guys are gonna be getting on the 25th and the 28th?

Mostly by myself..

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 09:43
I wonder how many phone calls these guys are gonna be getting on the 25th and the 28th?

Mostly by myself..

I may very well as well.

Jackster
20th Aug 2009, 09:45
I rang about 4 different local stores today hoping that they would say

"we should have it on the 28th"

Or even

"Its actually in store now so head down and pick up a copy on us for your patience"

although unlikely as that was I'm allowed to dream aren't I?

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 09:49
I rang about 4 different local stores today hoping that they would say

"we should have it on the 28th"

Or even

"Its actually in store now so head down and pick up a copy on us for your patience"

although unlikely as that was I'm allowed to dream aren't I?

What did they say? The 3rd? :rolleyes:

Yes we can BOTH dream *cries*

William
20th Aug 2009, 10:05
We should all march in the streets to protest this horrendous cruelty that we must suffer.

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 10:07
We should all march in the streets to protest this horrendous cruelty that we must suffer.

I'll make the signs.....

Jackster
20th Aug 2009, 10:16
What did they say? The 3rd? :rolleyes:

Yes we can BOTH dream *cries*

They all said 3rd...

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 10:17
They all said 3rd...

:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

Jackster
20th Aug 2009, 10:25
:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

I completely understand

CapedCrusader1495
20th Aug 2009, 10:27
Keir said he is sorry to hear this news. He feels our pain as well.

William
25th Aug 2009, 00:23
I went to eb games yesterday and asked if the game might be available on the 28th and she said it will be available on the 03/09/09 and she said that the street date was on the 3rd. :confused:. She was going to check though. Anyway if you want the game on the 28th, if the games is in the store, demand it and inform them the official date is the 28th and hopefully you will get it.

Mickel
25th Aug 2009, 07:18
yeah i preordered the game(non ce) from eb and they said its not coming out till september 3rd its such a pain in the ass seeing all these other people posting how the games coming out in a day or so then having to wait till 3rd........*sigh* oh well

seth1138
25th Aug 2009, 08:03
I was trying to track down the guide for BAA at EBgames today and during my conversation with the employee there he said that all who have pre-ordered the game through them will get it a day before the official release day, so to all of you lucky SOB's who did this... enjoy:)

I'm still hoping for JB to break the release date this Friday...fingers crossed.

skintrade
25th Aug 2009, 08:46
Yahtzee has been whining about Aus dates for games for some time, and if even HE cannot make things change then there is only one hope left...

...Bruce Wayne has to get involved.

Batty999
25th Aug 2009, 09:14
"I was trying to track down the guide for BAA at EBgames today "

I was doing the same thing today, so, on that subject, I was informed that EB Games will not be stocking the Players Guide in any of their stores. I was advised by the sales consultant to purchase it off Amazon. I found this quite surprising.

Paul

seth1138
25th Aug 2009, 09:28
"I was trying to track down the guide for BAA at EBgames today "

I was doing the same thing today, so, on that subject, I was informed that EB Games will not be stocking the Players Guide in any of their stores. I was advised by the sales consultant to purchase it off Amazon. I found this quite surprising.

Paul

I checked out Amazon and found that the postage is way to much, with the cheapest postage cost it was going to cost me $29.40(price of book included) and the guide wouldn't arrive until October the 8th give or take a few days:mad2: so I think I'll keep an eye on Ebay for it and the gaming stores.

Bat_Fan
25th Aug 2009, 09:30
i preodered it from JB a few days ago and they said 28th, so lets hope it does

seth1138
25th Aug 2009, 09:38
i preodered it from JB a few days ago and they said 28th, so lets hope it does

Good to hear, I'm gunna try my luck Friday it's all paid for so if they have the game out back or something i might get lucky;)

William
25th Aug 2009, 09:43
Good to hear, I'm gunna try my luck Friday it's all paid for so if they have the game out back or something i might get lucky;)

Make a big fuss and ask to speak to the manger if they don't give you the game because the game should be released if they have the game in the store.

It's frustrating being a gamer in Australia with delays and censorship because we don't have a R18 rating for games.

Maybe someone from eidos/rocksteady could urge the shops to release the game on the 28th.

GibsonSGBat
25th Aug 2009, 09:46
I know i dont have to wait as long as you guys, but as im from the uk i still have to wait another 3.5 days....

AdamWest
25th Aug 2009, 09:55
I know i dont have to wait as long as you guys, but as im from the uk i still have to wait another 3.5 days....

-silent chant- USA USA :flowers: only joking :)

William
25th Aug 2009, 09:57
-silent chant- USA USA :flowers: only joking :)

lol. I'm really jealous!

seth1138
25th Aug 2009, 10:09
Make a big fuss and ask to speak to the manger if they don't give you the game because the game should be released if they have the game in the store.
I do plan on making a fuss without becoming an A$$hole:lol:

It's frustrating being a gamer in Australia with delays and censorship because we don't have a R18 rating for games.
I know what ya mean mate and it doesn't help when a gaming store got a big fine last year for breaking a release date.

Maybe someone from eidos/rocksteady could urge the shops to release the game on the 28th.

If someone could would be great and we Aussies would be very grateful

William
25th Aug 2009, 10:13
If someone could would be great and we Aussies would be very grateful

We would worship the church of Rocksteady with Keir as our god.:lol:

seth1138
25th Aug 2009, 10:16
We would worship the church of Rocksteady with Keir as our god.:lol:

:worship::worship::worship:

kazinya91
25th Aug 2009, 10:27
thats so lame guys sorry to hear that effing BS that you guys have to wait extra time on it! from the states and i totally feel your pain!

William
25th Aug 2009, 10:39
thats so lame guys sorry to hear that effing BS that you guys have to wait extra time on it! from the states and i totally feel your pain!

Thanks for sympathizing with us aussies. It is irritaing having to wait till the 3/09/09 but there is at least some hope for the release to be on the 28th

Jackster
25th Aug 2009, 12:24
Im going to jb on friday because when I actually pre-ordered it the guy said 28th so damn him! I'm going in then and if they don't have it i'll go into his house at night and wreck up the place robot nixon style

Zhim
25th Aug 2009, 12:31
Yup, take a look at Fallout 3, and luckily I'm living elsewhere, which is good gaming wise.

What did end up happening to FO3?

Nemesis296
25th Aug 2009, 12:36
Yeah, we always get things last :mad2:

You guys will get it before PC users though!

welshy80
25th Aug 2009, 13:07
god i thought us brits was getting a hard time. now i really feel bad. poor poor aussies. i worse thing cudnt happen to such friendly folk

Jackster
25th Aug 2009, 13:18
god i thought us brits was getting a hard time. now i really feel bad. poor poor aussies. i worse thing cudnt happen to such friendly folk

Cheers friend! your always welcome at any of our fine pubs

walkthelinehan
28th Aug 2009, 05:03
interesting discussion over at the official xbox site....
saying that a game traders in WA is going to drop early...

http://forums.xbox.com/1/28801597/ShowPost.aspx#28801597

HeavenlyRaider.
28th Aug 2009, 05:40
Why.

Why do I have to be Australian.

I really want it to come RIGHT FREAKIN' NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY WANNA PLAY THIS GAME!!!

I WOULD REALLY LIKE IT NOW!!!!

DAMN AUSTRALIA!!!

And so on...

Bat_Fan
28th Aug 2009, 08:20
i went to JB today and guess what
" oh im sorry the dates been pushed back to the the third of september"

just great. :mad2: