PDA

View Full Version : Which TR is the most difficult?

Flintmelody
20th Aug 2009, 00:26
There seems to be quite alot of debate about the difficulty of recent TR's so I thought which TR is the hardest. Here is the poll for it. Please do try to vote on reasons of the game's difficulty rather than issues with bad camera or controls.

MissJess
20th Aug 2009, 01:27
I voted Tomb Raider II. It took me the longest and I remember being 'stuck' quite a few times. (:

ciaranmuch
20th Aug 2009, 01:32
yeah i'm also saying 2, although last revelations when the guy droped the torch on the oil, then had me for a solid week!

LC is Me
20th Aug 2009, 02:30
Ugh, 2 and LR made me want to punt babies through a metal fence.
-___________________-;;

But they are in my top five favorite TR games. [[LR being my favorite right now]]

chriss_99
20th Aug 2009, 08:26
In my opinion, Tomb Raider 3 was the most difficult. The enemies were hard to defeat, the puzzles were pretty challenging and the traps were deadly (I remember those bloody wheels in Temple of Puna :mad2:)

Bampire
20th Aug 2009, 08:59
TR4: So many twists and turns and backtracking it gets confusing. Took me a while to complete the game.

Max 28
20th Aug 2009, 09:20
TR:4 for me too. Really long and lots of mazey tombs that had me stuck. It was my first TR but still replaying it I can get stuck. :p Haven't played TR:2, or 3. Though I'm getting them for my b-day, exciting huh? :p Sorry, bit off-topic.

tombraidergal
20th Aug 2009, 10:36
TR:Anniversary because i haven't even played the classics properly... just the demos. but Anniversary was definitly confusing for me.

Flintmelody
20th Aug 2009, 10:43
I would probably go TR3. TR1 took me longest because it was all new but I think TR3 is hardest. The South Pacific levels with quicksand, dinosaurs, kayaking and spike wheels were really hard. RX tech mines with the mine carts and all the jumps on Lost city of Tinnos really difficult too.

d1n0_xD
20th Aug 2009, 11:23
I voted for Anniversary too...cuz I didn't play the classics....yet :D

LARALOVERnr1
20th Aug 2009, 11:30
i voted for Chronicles... but thats just because i couldnt save the game...

Andy64
20th Aug 2009, 11:37
TR3 and TRLR were probably hardest for me. Long difficult games.

jayjay119
20th Aug 2009, 12:03
I voted for TR4, it was probably the most challenging since the first in terms of puzzles and there was a lot of back tracking through areas with the new more open world Core had incorporated into it, particularly the Alexandria/ Coastal Ruins/ Cleopatras palace etc place.

All the TRs were challenging up to AOD but TR4 was particularly one of those games that gave you the urge to throw the controller at the wall frequently!

Mr Croft
20th Aug 2009, 12:09
TR4, all the backtracking and some puzzles made it confusing and hard.

dark7angel
20th Aug 2009, 12:48
TR4, all the backtracking and some puzzles made it confusing and hard.

Same with me :o

_Love2Raid_
20th Aug 2009, 12:54
Either III or IV. I have voted III because I remember it was very hard for me back then. Haven't played it in a long time though. :o

Hard -> easy:

TR-III
TR-IV
TR-II
TR-V (last levels were hard)
TR-I
TR-AOD (not sure though since I have never finished this game)
TRA
TRU
TRL

:)

Katie_Fleming
20th Aug 2009, 15:56
Hard to pick but I'll go with TR4 - I remember my first time through getting completely lost between the Coastal Ruins level and the ones it connected to. Great idea though, I'd love to see it again!

Error96_
20th Aug 2009, 16:12
I went for TR3. Those mine carts and the city of Tinnos puzzle room were very hard.

Adare
20th Aug 2009, 16:46
To me the most difficult one was TR IV. I didn't enjoy the Cario Levels at all.

chriss_99
20th Aug 2009, 17:12
Hard -> easy:

TR-III
TR-IV
TR-II
TR-V (last levels were hard)
TR-I
TR-AOD (not sure though since I have never finished this game)
TRA
TRU
TRL

:)

I completely agree with your list, though I did finish AOD. The main difficulty in this game were bugs and controls.

jayjay119
20th Aug 2009, 18:10
I completely agree with your list, though I did finish AOD. The main difficulty in this game were bugs and controls.

and the unexplained controls, for years i used to skip the Boaz fight because I didn't know you had to or could press the square button to switch targets

I agree with the list too

Mick2412
30th Aug 2009, 00:02
TR3 got really hard round the mine cart bits and city of Tinnos so that would be the hardest for me.

GamemasterJJ
30th Aug 2009, 12:22
Haven't you tried AOD or something lol?

It seems the most challenging to me.

LC is Me
30th Aug 2009, 13:26
Haven't you tried AOD or something lol?

It seems the most challenging to me.

Any game with that many bugs is "challenging".

poplk
30th Aug 2009, 16:10
i vote angel of darkness not because of the controls and glitchs more becase of those simply puzzles like codes to unlock doors trying to find things codes and in the acrilogic site that wheel with the sysmebles were pure guest work for me intill i found a turtaiol 3 mounths later i know

Studded*Belt
4th Sep 2009, 01:29
I think Tomb Raider 3 and last rev is a tie up. Those were so hard it scarred me for life.:rasp:

Matze992
26th Sep 2009, 17:59
I voted for TRAOD.
I never finished it, because of Curtis and his weapon. With Curtis you have so little ammunition and many, many enemies were not killable. The traps were often bad designed so you died sometimes even by not touching them. The most problems I had with the ghost. I hadn't played the game for six months, then I looked up how to do it, and even then I had many problems. So I searched cheatcodes, but they didn't work. After another six months I REALLY WANTED TO FINISH IT and I got this level to an end, but at least I didn't finish it, because I had no more fun killing the stupid last enemy with a so little number of bullets. Playing it again to keep more bullets was no option for me.
One of the hardest games I have ever played.

josh1122
26th Sep 2009, 18:00
AOD because it was nearly impossible to finish because of all the bugs,controls

Angie Croft
5th Oct 2009, 15:05
The Last Revelation, because of all that sand and because it was (or at least seemed to me) a quite long game. All those temples, long complicated routs....I want to play it again but frankly, I don't have the nervs!