PDA

View Full Version : Dem Bones

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 22:30
Anyone else think it's overrated? Just punching skeletons. It'll get boring quickly.

GibsonSGBat
19th Aug 2009, 22:33
I wanna play it first...it has the potential to be very cool if we fight scarecrow!!

The Comedian
19th Aug 2009, 22:35
I think it could be cooler with zombies instead, I can fight skeletons in Detective Mode.

GibsonSGBat
19th Aug 2009, 22:36
I think it could be cooler with zombies instead, I can fight skeletons in Detective Mode.

:lol::lol::D:D

scarecrow13
19th Aug 2009, 22:45
i wanna see it first it would be cool if you could fight scarecrow...i think it's pretty cool.

Soulfly626
19th Aug 2009, 22:54
i wanna see it first it would be cool if you could fight scarecrow...i think it's pretty cool.

idk,

Dem Bones gives me like a comic book feeling.

Can't judge until you really play it.

BTW, why is it overrated?? it's must a challange map.

Night Watcher
19th Aug 2009, 22:57
same could be said of jus punching only henchmen. if you like to bash it doesn't matter what or who it is.

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 23:03
same could be said of jus punching only henchmen. if you like to bash it doesn't matter what or who it is.

Fair point, but then again, people are gasming over this but not really the combat challenge rooms.

KillerCroc
19th Aug 2009, 23:09
It's a free challenge room map if you pre-ordered it. Don't complain, just enjoy. :)

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 23:10
Yeah, I know, but I think there's far more to look forward to, that's all.

Reeper0278
19th Aug 2009, 23:11
I see it this way.

If I have $60+, I could buy Batman: Arkham Asylum. I could wait the day it comes out (where it may run low on Scarecrow maps) or I could pre-order for $5 and leave, come back and get the entire game + an additional challenge map featuring the Scarecrow.

It may not be a moneymaking seller, but I get another hour (or more) of gameplay.

I could procrastinate for the game + Joker = 115%
Or I could pre-order for the game + Joker + Dem Bones = 125%

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 23:13
I can't see many people playing it for over an hour, if that IS your point. I don't get it...

Reeper0278
19th Aug 2009, 23:15
I can't see many people playing it for over an hour, if that IS your point. I don't get it...

Some people may have multiple plays. And my point is why buy the game at the minute it comes out when you can buy it before and have a nice little addition to it.

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 23:16
Wait, you're getting it early? How?

SSJGoku786
19th Aug 2009, 23:16

No one really knows how much longer playing time it will give them. Some people can play it over and over again. Others will get bored quickly.

I see your point, however. But, it's something that adds more to the game. It's different from the other combat maps (I assume) as it seems to take a single attack. It's a new dynamic. Harder to string combos and what not.

In any case, I'm sure more DLC maps will come about.

Reeper0278
19th Aug 2009, 23:17
Wait, you're getting it early? How?

Buy it before = pre-order

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 23:18
Yeah, but don't GET it before.

EDIT: That's not my point, anyway. It's obvious that people will get it if they can, but alot of people seem to be looking forward to that more than anything else. All I ask is, why?

Reeper0278
19th Aug 2009, 23:20
Yeah, but don't GET it before.

I never said getting it before.

Ensanguined Walls
OP, here's a question for you:

Have you played the entire Dem Bones map? Do you know all of the content in said map?

Who knows what else is in it? There could be a few Scarecrow encounters, for all we know. Don't make such exaggerated judgments before you even play the content itself.

Elpy
I never said getting it before.

Your post mislead me.

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 23:22
OP, here's a question for you:

Have you played the entire Dem Bones map? Do you know all of the content in said map?

Who knows what else is in it? There could be a few Scarecrow encounters, for all we know. Don't make such exaggerated judgments before you even play the content itself.

If I don't know, how do the people that are getting (possibly over) excited?

Reeper0278
19th Aug 2009, 23:24
If I don't know, how do the people that are getting (possibly over) excited?

How do we know about Batman being good? Demo was good but it could go all downhill from then on. Have faith. :)

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 23:24
How do we know about Batman being good? Demo was good but it could go all downhill from then on. Have faith. :)

Yes, but we've PLAYED the demo. Nobody's PLAYED Dem Bones.

Reeper0278
19th Aug 2009, 23:26

If Dem Bones is a combat map off of Batman, shouldn't it be as equally as good? :)

SSJGoku786
19th Aug 2009, 23:26

Their sole purpose of buying the game wasn't the Dem Bones map. That's just an added extra they got. Adds more play time, etc.

You're right. Neither of us know what it'll actually be like. But, it doesn't mean they can't look forward to it.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting it. But, I hope it'll be released as DLC to everyone else. It may be fun to play, anyway.

Reeper0278
19th Aug 2009, 23:27
Their sole purpose of buying the game wasn't the Dem Bones map. That's just an added extra they got. Adds more play time, etc.

You're right. Neither of us know what it'll actually be like. But, it doesn't mean they can't look forward to it.

Unfortunately, I'm not getting it. But, I hope it'll be released as DLC to everyone else. It may be fun to play, anyway.

Like he said AND LIKE I SAID BEFORE.

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 23:28

Yeah, it will be fun. The reason I created this thread is because of what a friend said on MSN.

Me: So, what're you looking forward to bout Batman?
Him: Dem Bones looks immense.
Me: Meh, doesn't look that great to me.
Me: Bit overrated.
Him: Are you kidding? It looks awesome.
Him: Best thing bout the game.
Me: :l (irl)

Reeper0278
19th Aug 2009, 23:30
Yeah, it will be fun. The reason I created this thread is because of what a friend said on MSN.

You gonna listen to a friend more excited about beating up skeletons than being Batman and fighting supervillains? Hope you don't take that to heart.

SSJGoku786
19th Aug 2009, 23:30

Well, that's his opinion. I doubt he actually meant it. Was probably exaggerating.

In any case, upto him.

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 23:43
Well, that's his opinion. I doubt he actually meant it. Was probably exaggerating.

In any case, upto him.

I'd post the chat log, but I don't keep 'em. Trust me, he was going to go to the shops, but then he saw the map and he's extremely excited about it. If I'm playing the demo, he'll occasionally just remind me that he's super excited for Dem Bones.

Gee
19th Aug 2009, 23:47
De hip bone is connected to the overrated exclusive pre-order challenge map which will probably be released as DLC soon after release.

T-Perry
20th Aug 2009, 01:58
Its cool to watch them explode at least.....

door noob
20th Aug 2009, 02:03
De hip bone is connected to the overrated exclusive pre-order challenge map which will probably be released as DLC soon after release.

In one month exactly after the release date.

SSJGoku786
20th Aug 2009, 02:04
In one month exactly after the release date.

Do you have a source on this?
Because the FAQ only says it may "possibly" be released a month after.

door noob
20th Aug 2009, 02:11
Do you have a source on this?
Because the FAQ only says it may "possibly" be released a month after.

The FAQ.:p And I'll find a thread for this in a second(not the FAQ). http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1107775#post1107775

Some people mentioned it here. Though I think by possibly in the FAQ it means the exact date, I.E. a couple of days later or earlier.

SSJGoku786
20th Aug 2009, 02:14
The FAQ.:p And I'll find a thread for this in a second(not the FAQ).

Thanks. I appreciate it. As well as you as an individual.

door noob
20th Aug 2009, 02:16
Thanks. I appreciate it. As well as you as an individual.

Ok, added to the previouse post, and thanks :D I'll pm Keir to make sure though since I can't find a lot of threads about the mention if it.

SSJGoku786
20th Aug 2009, 02:17
Ok, added to the previouse post, and thanks :D I'll pm Keir to make sure though since I can't find a lot of threads about the mention if it.

I was going to do that, too. But, I'm waiting for a response on another matter.

So, if you can find out, that'd be great.

And thank you.

door noob
20th Aug 2009, 02:18
I'll do that as soon as I can :thumb:

SSJGoku786
20th Aug 2009, 02:21
I'll do that as soon as I can :thumb:

Oh, if you can, see if Keir knows of a possible price for the maps.

Thanks again.

EvilDead159
20th Aug 2009, 03:49
Being a huge zombie fan, i agree that wouyld be cooler, and ill bet that after you beat all the enemies you fight scarecrow, or at least i hope so lol, also i hope maybe they make more challange maps sumday with more famous villains, or maybe an expantion pack for the main story or w.e lol idk

welshy80
20th Aug 2009, 12:49
just wondering but is the dem bones challenge map a freeform combat map only or is there an invisible predator map also ?

Strife2k7
20th Aug 2009, 13:02
Dem Bones is a combat challenge map. According to some other posts it's the most difficult one.

CaptainMcMulla
20th Aug 2009, 14:10
What is the OP on???

I respect his opinion but I mean this challenge map will probably one of the maps which stand out most and will be very different.

Elpy
20th Aug 2009, 14:18
Yeah but it's not worth having sleepless nights over.

door noob
20th Aug 2009, 18:37
Oh, if you can, see if Keir knows of a possible price for the maps.

Thanks again.
This is what he said.

"Hey man...

lol, you'll have to run that question by me again.

The Dem Bones map will be available on the day of release as far as I know."

The maps however will be free, the crime alley map comes free with the CE and the Dem bones will come free with a pre-order from Gamespot, hope that helps Goku! :)

Maxii
20th Aug 2009, 18:39
I think Dem Bones will be awesome.

door noob
20th Aug 2009, 18:40
just wondering but is the dem bones challenge map a freeform combat map only or is there an invisible predator map also ?

Dem bones is a Free Flow combat map, it's a little obvious from Batman continuing a chain of FreeFlow in the video, and it is said to be one of the hardest challenge maps. I would assume it is one of the hardest maps because the skeletons appear to brake in one shot thus preventing you from continuing your FreeFlow with ground takedowns, or hit them twice, and that's pretty much what I'm predicting.

SSJGoku786
20th Aug 2009, 19:49
This is what he said.

"Hey man...

lol, you'll have to run that question by me again.

The Dem Bones map will be available on the day of release as far as I know."

The maps however will be free, the crime alley map comes free with the CE and the Dem bones will come free with a pre-order from Gamespot, hope that helps Goku! :)

Thank you. But, do you know if it will be available, eventually, for those who didn't preorder from GameStop or Game?

Will the Crime Alley map also be made available for those who didn't get the CE?

door noob
20th Aug 2009, 19:52
Thank you. But, do you know if it will be available, eventually, for those who didn't preorder from GameStop or Game?

Will the Crime Alley map also be made available for those who didn't get the CE?

Crime alley has no plans for being available, since it's the small reason of purchasing the CE, and that's all Keir said, in other words he's not sure, I would think, about the dem bones map.

SSJGoku786
20th Aug 2009, 19:54
Crime alley has no plans for being available, since it's the small reason of purchasing the CE, and that's all Keir said, in other words he's not sure, I would think, about the dem bones map.

Damn. I wanted the Crime Alley map, but all CEs are sold out. :(

The Jedi Guardian
21st Aug 2009, 17:51
Question, Because I have a problem. I won't be able to get the game in its release at gamestop and I only payed 10 for them to hold it. They say they would hold it for 48 hours. Now, I won't be able to go up and get the game (I live two hours away from any Gamestop), so the CE I preordered is hopeless, now I won't be able to get it at the store or online before it comes out because there isn't a bank I can deposit the money.

Can I buy the Dem Bones challenge map code on ebay? and where is a reccommended place to get the ce?

The_Batman825
21st Aug 2009, 20:23
I preordered it,for those of you who didnt i will gladly tell you how it is when i receive the game,just Private Message me if your interested in knowing how Dem Bones is