PDA

View Full Version : Campy Revisions

Onomatopoeia
19th Aug 2009, 18:24
Which of the campier villains from the Batman mythos do you think have the potential to be taken seriously if they were tweaked?

chip5541
19th Aug 2009, 18:32
Killer Moth

Ahasverus
19th Aug 2009, 18:55
Manbat and Bat-mite.

E.Nygma
19th Aug 2009, 19:04
The Riddler.... (predictable, am I). :P

Drazar
19th Aug 2009, 19:18
Manbat and Bat-mite.

Paul Dini is putting his magic on Man-Bat nowdays. =)

MadHatter's hats
20th Aug 2009, 02:42
Mad Hatter anyone...?

Ugh, didn't think so.

Old_BenKenobi
20th Aug 2009, 02:53
King Tut.

scarecrow29
20th Aug 2009, 02:59
Definately Killer Moth. Done right he could be really creepy. Maybe have him get radiation poisoning or be born with some rare disease or something. He could have a pattern on him like a real moth (like the creepy ones that look like eyes) and hang upside down from the ceiling and such. And to make him really creepy they can have him actually excrete the goo instead of shooting it, and he could lay eggs.

D.A.V.E.
20th Aug 2009, 03:17
But making Killer Moth creepy is like making Bane into an idiot henchman...it just doesn't work. One of the reasons I hated Charaxes is because he was a DESPERATE attempt to make him into a "90's badass", but just turned him into an aweful, forgettable character that was killed off fast. Moth works best when he's the only goofy, harmless villain among Gotham's dangerous psychos.

As for potential for an actual threat, Maxie Zeus, the Tweed twins, and Calendar Man could make for creepy, credible threats.

Argel319
20th Aug 2009, 03:19
Somebody mentioned Calendar Man, I totally agree. The best way to make him non-campy is to make every day a holiday. :D

SalmonKing
20th Aug 2009, 04:45
Maybe could do something with Rat catcher. Not sure what though.

colt
20th Aug 2009, 06:08
But making Killer Moth creepy is like making Bane into an idiot henchman...it just doesn't work. One of the reasons I hated Charaxes is because he was a DESPERATE attempt to make him into a "90's badass", but just turned him into an aweful, forgettable character that was killed off fast. Moth works best when he's the only goofy, harmless villain among Gotham's dangerous psychos.

As for potential for an actual threat, Maxie Zeus, the Tweed twins, and Calendar Man could make for creepy, credible threats.

you almost made sense until you named three villains far more harmless and goofy than killer moth. really any batman villain has potential to be a badass, depending on the writers.

Onomatopoeia
20th Aug 2009, 06:12
you almost made sense until you named three villains far more harmless and goofy than killer moth. really any batman villain has potential to be a badass, depending on the writers.

Even Crazy Quilt?