PDA

View Full Version : what kind of bosses do you want?

LARALOVERnr1
19th Aug 2009, 12:06
i like level bosses, but what do you prefer?

jayjay119
19th Aug 2009, 12:28
I voted other, I would like a mix of styles for bosses. It would be nice to make bosses longer lasting and more of a challenge that boss fights include a bit of brute force like in legend but also require a pit of puzzle solving like in the originals whether it be environmental or a trick in how they are beat like you see in the MGS series. In Legend for me all the bosses were boring, they were just a case of pointing and shooting until it died . The only boss fight I enjoyed was the Rutland fight as it was, like stated above a mix of combat and using puzzles and logic to defeat him.

Flintmelody
19th Aug 2009, 12:57
Has to be level bosses. I really missed bosses in TRU and thought it ruined the end of the game not having a boss fight. The Kracken was worst boss ever. It didn't do anything so don't want that again.

I think just a few level bosses like the way they did it in TRA is the best way to go. Maybe a bit of puzzles in the boss is good but still with mainly point and shoot.

tombraidergal
19th Aug 2009, 13:00
i want enviromental... they're cool like the yeti thrall in jan mayen and the kraken in mediterranean... they're fab.

LC is Me
19th Aug 2009, 13:31
I voted other, I would like a mix of styles for bosses. It would be nice to make bosses longer lasting and more of a challenge that boss fights include a bit of brute force like in legend but also require a pit of puzzle solving like in the originals whether it be environmental or a trick in how they are beat like you see in the MGS series. In Legend for me all the bosses were boring, they were just a case of pointing and shooting until it died . The only boss fight I enjoyed was the Rutland fight as it was, like stated above a mix of combat and using puzzles and logic to defeat him.

Agreed immensely.

Gemma_Darkmoon_
19th Aug 2009, 13:51
Got to be level bosses. Every game has to have some showdowns and environmental bosses just don't cut it.

Katie_Fleming
19th Aug 2009, 16:14
I think a mix would be cool

JRod108
19th Aug 2009, 16:21
I like a boss that takes strategy and some old school kickass. I like to utterly defeat a boss physically and mentally. A mix of Legend and Underworld bosses. I hated just dropping a spike embedded slab of stone on the kraken. I wanted to shoot him as well but I didn't like just shooting Takamoto. I want to HATE the bosses, I want bosses to be HARD; I want to scream at the t.v.,so that when I beat them I feel so satisfied and happy that I yell some more lol.

d1n0_xD
19th Aug 2009, 16:23
I voted for level bosses :thumb: but the mix of level and enviromental sounds more fun...And like JRod said,I want to HATE those bosses :D

Black_Alchemist
19th Aug 2009, 18:31
i'd prefer it to be a mixture were you can actually use the environment to your advantage but its not a puzzle to solve it

Mr Croft
19th Aug 2009, 18:59

Completely agreed.

Pulse
19th Aug 2009, 20:19
Other........

I want... what's the word... situational? bosses

It'd depend on the current circumstances how the boss fight wood be.... Like in Legend the circumstances for the Serpent boss required Lara to grapple down the cages, torso boss needed to have his fingers shot off, the kraken couldn't be harmed by bullets and needed to be crushed by the platform.

I want boss fights to be a mix of puzzle and actual fight. Some should have more puzzle, others should be highly focused on combat.

I'd also love a boss fight on the motorbike.... :D that'd be interesting

VOLCOM20lovesLARA
19th Aug 2009, 20:54

i agree as well

Error96_
19th Aug 2009, 23:48
I like a boss that takes strategy and some old school kickass. I like to utterly defeat a boss physically and mentally. A mix of Legend and Underworld bosses. I hated just dropping a spike embedded slab of stone on the kraken. I wanted to shoot him as well but I didn't like just shooting Takamoto. I want to HATE the bosses, I want bosses to be HARD; I want to scream at the t.v.,so that when I beat them I feel so satisfied and happy that I yell some more lol.

I agree on that one. I really wanted to go up against the Kraken and have a proper battle. Some plain shoot outs like T-Rex, Boaz, Torso etc are nice but also so more shoot and puzzles ones like Centeurs and Willard spider too.

Matze992
26th Sep 2009, 18:15
I voted other, I would like a mix of styles for bosses. It would be nice to make bosses longer lasting and more of a challenge that boss fights include a bit of brute force like in legend but also require a pit of puzzle solving like in the originals whether it be environmental or a trick in how they are beat like you see in the MGS series.

I agree completely, good post ;-) Another example are the horsemen with the shields in TRA,I have to say, I got stuck at this point ^^ A look in the diary helped a lot :D

Ants_27_
26th Sep 2009, 18:40
I voted other, I would like a mix of styles for bosses. It would be nice to make bosses longer lasting and more of a challenge that boss fights include a bit of brute force like in legend but also require a pit of puzzle solving like in the originals whether it be environmental or a trick in how they are beat like you see in the MGS series.

Haha.. when you say longer lasting do you mean like the one with 'the end' in MGS 3? Never has a boss ever took me about 1hr 30mins to beat, that wasn't from dying either.:lol:

But I liked the battle with screaming mantis, you had to shoot the dolls rather than her directly

I would like TR to have a couple of bosses that required just shooting, but then some that requires some logic. Mix it up a bit!:thumb:

Tihocan
27th Sep 2009, 12:40
I voted other, I would like a mix of styles for bosses...

I'll jump on the wagon for that one.

I don't really want bosses that are just plonked at the end of a level and have the story pushed up to them. They need to be...

what's the word... situational?

Yeah, that's it.

They need to be there for a very specific reason, they have to make sense. Torso was a good placement, not quite the end of the level - more a barrier to exit. The centaurs are probably my favourite boss of all time (even if they did lose the 'oh crap!' factor from TR1).

But they really need to challenge the mind a little, often make the player do something out of the ordinary. (I had an idea for one, as an example - and put it in my writing comp fiction...) A bit of shooting is good, if it's not the thing that actually kills it.

Oh, and please - NO PATTERNS! Creatures don't behave like that, so make it difficult.

Arctic
27th Sep 2009, 12:55
A mix :D That would be cool (I voted for "other")

IvanaKC
27th Sep 2009, 16:39
Level bosses, they rule! I like killing everything! :D

Duckie1996
28th Sep 2009, 17:35
I love battling Amanda because it's easy :D

I'd also say Natla too even though she's hard to beat ;)

LARALOVERnr1
28th Sep 2009, 18:24
I'd also say Natla too even though she's hard to beat ;)

We trew her in a dark hole, whe trew her in the lava, whe smashed her with a pillar, whe smasher her with a big, electric hammer, whe trew her into blue, strange stuff... AND SHE STILL WASNT DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EyeShotFirst
29th Sep 2009, 01:09
I would like a boss that doesn't require that crappy adrenaline dodge (I hate that move TO DEATH)

JRod108
29th Sep 2009, 01:11
I want the hard kind. Not these pathetic attempts at nemesises we've been getting of late. Like I said before, I want to HATE the boss, not think "Oh, look, another boss level... Go gitt'em Lara..." Why can't Lara get thrown against the wall, get scraped up a bit or have a chance at losing? Instead, we get battles that we know we're gonna win and it's just another pathetic fly that Lara can just wipe off her shoulder. Ugh, I'm tired of feeling like a goddess when I'm playing as Lara...

EyeShotFirst
29th Sep 2009, 01:17
I want the hard kind. Not these pathetic attempts at nemesises we've been getting of late. Like I said before, I want to HATE the boss, not think "Oh, look, another boss level... Go gitt'em Lara..." Why can't Lara get thrown against the wall, get scraped up a bit or have a chance at losing? Instead, we get battles that we know we're gonna win and it's just another pathetic fly that Lara can just wipe off her shoulder. Ugh, I'm tired of feeling like a goddess when I'm playing as Lara...

Actually, I think it would be really cool if the outcomes of the boss fights affected the story. Giving it the never the same game twice feel.

Dusk Knight
29th Sep 2009, 05:45
I want the kind of bosses who don't get mad and fire me for always being late. Mornings are for sleeping, I say.

But as far as Tomb Raider goes, I agree completely with this.

Ants_27_
30th Sep 2009, 17:48
I think I sated which I would like in my other post :scratch:

But I'd the option to fight bosses or get rid of bosses during an earlier level than they should appear, make sense? I mean like in MGS 3 don't you have the chance to kill 'the end' before you get to his fight? I think it'll be a good idea then people who don't want to fight the boss can do away with him/her earlier on a lot easier, thus giving replay value too. If you play through it without the boss fights you could then replay it with the boss fights:D