PDA

View Full Version : classic tomb raider on 360?

tuppence9
17th Aug 2009, 13:01
i was on live chatting to a friend who just bought the sega arcade games for 360, she was telling me how there were hundreds on there, all the classics.
it got me thinking about how i still like classic tombraider and knowing in this day and age how they take up tiny amounts of computer memory, what if microsoft put like tr1, tr2 and tr3 on a disk and retailed it...wouldnt that be so cute? and then possibly follow wit 4,5 and 6 on another relese? it would be awesome to be able to play them for achievements:D when resident evil moved to the gamecube, they did the remake and then relesed updated versions of resi 2 and 3 so there is precident:) and with the 360s hardware surely the games cud be put out with the pc quality versions?
what do you guys think?:)

GamemasterJJ
17th Aug 2009, 13:07
PS Store got TR1 yesterday XD

tuppence9
17th Aug 2009, 13:16
PS Store got TR1 yesterday XD

ooooo does it come with trophies? and how much does it cost, and how much space does it take?

tombraidergal
17th Aug 2009, 14:08
cool... i thought about that as well when i went through the classic games at market place on my 360, there are so many! I think aod should be on there.... and others.. yeah. i did download X-blades though and it's similar to tomb raider... (the fact she shoots)... :D and she searches for artifacts.

Black_Alchemist
17th Aug 2009, 14:12
unfortunatly the uk store doesn't have it, it only has tomb raider anniversary psp edition

jayjay119
17th Aug 2009, 14:19
Unfortunately I doubt 360 will see the release of the classic TRs it would require new encoding etc to make it compatible and I just doubt Eidos would bother doing it. I expect to see them on PSN soon but thats different as the TR's had a PS format anyway so they're easy to port online.

Even if they were ported to 360 then they would never see TR2 or 3 as Sony has console exclusivity of those games.

Mr Croft
17th Aug 2009, 14:41
TR1 doesn't have any trophies of course. It's a classic.

And it was only released in the US. I didn't even get TRA nor TRL. :hmm:

Jinnyskeans
18th Aug 2009, 00:52
i want tr1 in the uk :(

AdobeArtist
18th Aug 2009, 01:14
Basically just play Anniversary. It's the improved version of TR1.

Black_Alchemist
18th Aug 2009, 12:09
to be honest with you I prefer the original over anniversary it seemed to take more time to explore everywhere

tuppence9
22nd Aug 2009, 16:18
id especialy like to see tr2 my fave:D would console exclusivity still stand as they are not making new copies of the game, and any playstation or pc copies are sold for like 99p(yeah sonys making a bunch on that:P) now, rereleseing them as like arcades for the next gen consoles (360/ps3/wii) would be an excuse to make more money from these games, plus 360 is pretty much a pc so encoding shud not be majorly difficult.

_Love2Raid_
22nd Aug 2009, 16:29
It would be great if they were made available on the 360 (better with achievements :D), but I doubt it will happen. :(

jayjay119
22nd Aug 2009, 20:39
id especialy like to see tr2 my fave:D would console exclusivity still stand as they are not making new copies of the game, and any playstation or pc copies are sold for like 99p(yeah sonys making a bunch on that:P) now, rereleseing them as like arcades for the next gen consoles (360/ps3/wii) would be an excuse to make more money from these games, plus 360 is pretty much a pc so encoding shud not be majorly difficult.

It probably would I mean the contract was likely not to have been times because they didn't release them for Dreamcast even tough it got TR4 and TR5 and fans wanted earlier editions too.

DarthVader#1
23rd Aug 2009, 02:43
that would be so awesome if the classics were on the 360! :D

tuppence9
23rd Aug 2009, 23:13
It probably would I mean the contract was likely not to have been times because they didn't release them for Dreamcast even tough it got TR4 and TR5 and fans wanted earlier editions too.

i see what you mean, i forgot about the dreamcast. although that would hopefully mean tomb raider 4 would be up for grabs, awesome game:D