PDA

View Full Version : Gamestop Midnight release?

Geterman
16th Aug 2009, 15:45
Has anyone's local Gamestop say whether or not they are going to have midnight release of Batman Arkham Asylum?

SolidSnake_123
16th Aug 2009, 15:45
Ahh, im still trying to find out maybe on the local website

Leather Wings
16th Aug 2009, 15:48
Both of my local Gamestops have signs on the door advertising "Midnight Mayhem" on August 24th, beginning at 10:00pm, game releasing at Midnight.

SolidSnake_123
16th Aug 2009, 15:50
Both of my local Gamestops have signs on the door advertising "Midnight Mayhem" on August 24th, beginning at 10:00pm, game releasing at Midnight.

Sweet, my local gamestop sucks, haha

Boke18
16th Aug 2009, 15:53
If anything we will have to wait on a call, but with all the attention this game is getting and i'm sure there are a good number of preorders. I think it's safe to assume you're gamestop will be doing a midnight release. Unless it's in a mall or something.

RedHoodSecondSon
16th Aug 2009, 15:57
Does anybody from the UK know if Gamestation is doing a midnight realease?

akaWarMachine
16th Aug 2009, 17:37
My GameStop is participating. Ask them, it's that simple.

scarecrow29
16th Aug 2009, 17:50
Mine is as well. When I asked them, they said not all Gamestops are participating, so you'll just have to ask.

The Comedian
16th Aug 2009, 18:06
They will be having a midnight release.

SilentGuardian
16th Aug 2009, 18:14
My gamestop said for sure they are having a midnight release. they also told me they have as man pre orderes for B:AA as hey do for modern warfare 2. i thought that was awesome.

Azura20
16th Aug 2009, 18:19
mine is just the opposite, silent. normal batman release, but midnight mw2 release. they have about 2 or 300 preorders in.

Batman:THE DARK KNIGHT
16th Aug 2009, 18:41
My gamestop said they are doing a midnight release for those who only ordered the collectors edition cause they are having special contests etc. I was like wtf but he showed me an itenerary and I got a ce anyway so I cant wait free prizes yeah!!!!!!

Why So Serious ?
16th Aug 2009, 18:42
you gotta call them

thedeadpool
16th Aug 2009, 18:42
mine said they are having a midnight release and they have had double the preorders than MW2

Pushtrak
16th Aug 2009, 18:53
Sadly, for me it isn't going to make a difference whether Gamestop are doing a midnight launch. I'll be out of the city to see Faith no More live on the 27th, will pick it up early on the 28th, and have a 3-4 hours bus journey before I get to actually play it. Will be quite the weekend.

tsp
16th Aug 2009, 19:29
Strangely, mine said they won't be either. It's a pretty hot spot for video games, so I was surprised. I may just go to Wal-Mart. Enjoy your midnight fun everyone!

bat-man
16th Aug 2009, 19:33
My Gamestop is having a midnight. but I don't have a ride:(:mad2:

Pibbman
16th Aug 2009, 20:18
mine said they are having a midnight release and they have had double the preorders than MW2

Are you serious? This game has more on preorder than MW2? Wow. I mean I'm as freakin' excited for this game as anyone else but I suppose the demo had a bigger impact than I thought.

Demos I always thought as a double-edge sword. It can either greatly help your release or seriously hurt it, guess we know which way it went for Rocksteady. Personally I waited for the demo before deciding if I wanted to get it, since well... Super hero games previously had a record for sucking badly.

My gamestop I don't know if they are doing it, since I ordered from amazon for the Road to Arkham comic, and since I was getting it for $48 including release date shipping, so i was saving money.

evilmajikman
16th Aug 2009, 20:36
Well mine said "we won't know until we get a little bit closer until the release date".

batfan08
16th Aug 2009, 20:43
My GameStop has the "midnight mayhem" poster up,and are also having the costume contest.I'll be there from when it starts at 10 to midnight.So,I would assume all of them are doing the same thing.

Reaver
16th Aug 2009, 20:45
mines doing it as well with contests and we are gonna watch the dark knight while we are waiting.

vulcanraven213
16th Aug 2009, 21:08
Just called mine, they said "yes" -does Batman dance of joy- dont ask.:o

Kraken890
16th Aug 2009, 22:14
My Gamestop is. They said they were giving away prizes too. It's gonna be crazy, well sorta because the stores actually the smallest store in the whole mall. Traded in some of my old games to get this too, and I actually traded in Eidos's Just Cause for the PS2 LOL!

Boke18
16th Aug 2009, 22:37
I wonder what kind of prizes they plan on handing out? Also when I go to pay off my CE i need to check and see if they are doing a midnight release.

Night Watcher
16th Aug 2009, 22:44
so is mine from 10pm to midnight and the best part it only 1 block away from were i live.

Dr. Crane
16th Aug 2009, 22:55
If this already has a lot of pre--orders then we can say hello to a sequel because just think of how well this game will sell when even more word of mouth gets around once the game is out.

SirRoscoe
16th Aug 2009, 23:32
I think midnight releases differ from store to store. From what I read, it all depends on the demand of the game. I thought only games such as Halo, Madden, and GTA would get midnight releases because of the immensive popularity of those games, but if this game has midnight releases, that means this game is going to sell well.

Sander Cohen
16th Aug 2009, 23:37
Gamestop usually has a list of stores that will be releasing a particular game at midnight when it gets closer to the release date. If they don't release a list like that, I would just call your local gamestop for more information.

vulcanraven213
16th Aug 2009, 23:41
If this already has a lot of pre--orders then we can say hello to a sequel because just think of how well this game will sell when even more word of mouth gets around once the game is out.

Word of mouth, classic characters, awesome reviews. This game will sell, it i will have a sequel. Im sure Rocksteady has already started on it right now.

GenericAmerican
16th Aug 2009, 23:59
i have 3 gamestops near me. and i know the one i pre-ordered at is having the midnight launch, and costume party. but i have skool so i probably cant go

Blaze5788
17th Aug 2009, 00:25
the gamestop i reserved mine at is having an event starting at 10 and releasing at midnight. i work till 11 that day so i can just swing buy an pick mine up right after work :rasp:

rgstang87
17th Aug 2009, 08:48
Mine told me that it all depends on the preorders and then they have to pay security at the mall so I have to wait till 10am! :mad2: But thankfully I requested the day off work! SO I have all day to play! Thank God!:rolleyes:

Batman-DCU
17th Aug 2009, 09:00
I'm not sure if the Gamestop I pre-ordered from is going to have a midnight release. I asked once, but the guy said "no". Too bad, too. I don't have school until the week AFTER the game's released. I would've been able to pick it up. Maybe I should call in and ask again before the supposed day they'd have it.

ForkInSocket
17th Aug 2009, 13:33
My Gamestop decided to run a midnight release this last week. Check back, I guess.

krose161
17th Aug 2009, 16:09
i dont think my gamestop is doing this, its in a mall.

Abandoned Nightmare
17th Aug 2009, 16:34
the gamestop i reserved mine at is having an event starting at 10 and releasing at midnight. i work till 11 that day so i can just swing buy an pick mine up right after work :rasp:

Swing By To Stand on Line :rasp:

Blaze5788
17th Aug 2009, 17:55
Swing By To Stand on Line :rasp:

well see it pays to have a buddy who works there cuz he told me to just walk in grab it from him and im out lol no waitin in line :lol:

Abandoned Nightmare
17th Aug 2009, 20:46
well see it pays to have a buddy who works there cuz he told me to just walk in grab it from him and im out lol no waitin in line :lol:

Lucky Basterd :eek:

Just Like Brad Pitt In Inglourious Basterds

The_Clown_Prince_Of_Crime
17th Aug 2009, 20:52
My gamestop said for sure they are having a midnight release. they also told me they have as man pre orderes for B:AA as hey do for modern warfare 2. i thought that was awesome.

I highly doubt that.Just staff feeding the fanboy frenzy

morphman30
17th Aug 2009, 23:27
is the party for CE only? my gamestop is doing it too.

Batmanhill6157
18th Aug 2009, 00:11
Mine said that they are going to have a midnight release after I preordered the CE

But they also said that the Dem Bones map is limited and might run out. I would love for them to try and take that away from me hahaha. Their promotion is pre-order it and get the map. I pre-ordered it so I'd better ******** get it

MayorJoker
18th Aug 2009, 00:37
My gamestop is having a midnight release party just found out today!!! I agree that if there are alot of pre-orders for this game maybe the'yy be a sequel. I mean you just can't get enough of the game. "Once you've been in the asylum you'll never want to leave ha ha ha ha!"

nayr199698
18th Aug 2009, 04:11
mine does and if you look at best selling games in second is batman beating cod6 and under madden 10 and it isn't even out yet find this at gamestop online for best selling and watch batman to see how high it get's 7 days ago it was 23 and now 2 lol this game is going to be bad ass

me_The_Joker
18th Aug 2009, 07:41
mine is gonna have its gonna be awesome

Billy Mays
18th Aug 2009, 08:45
i was asked if i was coming...but i live in a rough neighborhood but for batman i can survive a few stab wounds

mrbatar
18th Aug 2009, 15:43
In the Denver area, it seems that it's only the GameStops that (a) are usually larger; and (b) ones that receive a lot of pre-orders. I know the GameStop I usually go to will have a midnight release, but they are also the #1 GameStop in Colorado. Another one I went to yesterday said, "No, only if we get a lot of pre-orders." So I guess it's not all the GameStops doing it, but I am sure if you check around your area, you'll find one that is and just go ahead NOW and have your pre-order transferred to that store. They can do that, even though the managers don't like to because it makes their sale/pre-order numbers go down.

Hall E Woode
18th Aug 2009, 15:46
I called and asked mine yesterday. They said they didn't know. ?? So, I'm told to call back in a few more days. Tomorrow, I'm callin'!

darrinwright
18th Aug 2009, 18:17
My GameStop just told me they're doing a midnight release as well. They're about five blocks from my apartment. I go in late the next day. This must be a sign.

Boke18
18th Aug 2009, 18:29
I called and asked mine yesterday. They said they didn't know. ?? So, I'm told to call back in a few more days. Tomorrow, I'm callin'!

You'll definately know by the end of the week. It depends on the amount of preorders that particular store has.

Kingblivious
18th Aug 2009, 19:11
Mine is, but I can't go to it because of school. (To be honest, I'm not a big fan of midnight releases, anyway. :hmm:)

VXR
18th Aug 2009, 19:35
I wonder what kind of prizes they plan on handing out? Also when I go to pay off my CE i need to check and see if they are doing a midnight release.

i asked, and it was eluded too, nothing major.
keychains, codes for demos, and demo disc's. some older t shirts.

basically extra junk swag they have left over, too give away to anyone willing to dress as a bat character.

Hall E Woode
19th Aug 2009, 22:50
Woohoo! My Gamestop is doing it! I'll be there at 11:30pm. :D

SuperAdam79
19th Aug 2009, 22:56

basically extra junk swag they have left over, too give away to anyone willing to dress as a bat character.

I wish I had a time machine. I would grab all the demo discs and go back to June and sell them for 20 bucks a pop!! :lmao:

ChaunceyAbignail
20th Aug 2009, 01:26
Heads Up Everyone. Here's the official listing of Gamestops across the US that will be having a Midnight Release for B:AA...

http://www.ebgames.com/gs/landing/bmaa/BMAAMidnightOpenings.pdf

Abandoned Nightmare
20th Aug 2009, 01:31

Really They have demo discs for what its pointless the T-shirt mayabe a little wantable

Boke18
20th Aug 2009, 01:33
Really They have demo discs for what its pointless the T-shirt mayabe a little wantable

I wouldn't mind a keychain and a t shirt maybe.

T-Perry
20th Aug 2009, 01:47
Heads Up Everyone. Here's the official listing of Gamestops across the US that will be having a Midnight Release for B:AA...

http://www.ebgames.com/gs/landing/bmaa/BMAAMidnightOpenings.pdf

Well apparently its not updated or something because my nearest gamestop isn't even listed for Pittsburgh, and its absolutely doing a midnight release. Not led to believe that list is so reliable for anyone using it for reference.

MayorJoker
20th Aug 2009, 03:40
So do you have to dress up to get a keychain and t-shirt? OR should I ask my gamestop if there doing any of that?

JawsFanJesse
20th Aug 2009, 03:41
MY GAME STOP called me saying they are doing a Midnight Launch! YES!

sd921
20th Aug 2009, 03:43
MY GAME STOP called me saying they are doing a Midnight Launch! YES!

mee to:D

JawsFanJesse
20th Aug 2009, 03:45
mee to:d

hi five! :D

BatBoy123
20th Aug 2009, 04:11
i checked that link and says my local gamestop is doing a midnight release but i've asked several workers there and they said no

JawsFanJesse
20th Aug 2009, 04:21
Founf Mines, its Down the Street Form Me!
http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa262/JawsFanJesse1/MIDNIGHT.jpg

boomee
20th Aug 2009, 12:09
Midnight release at the gamestop in manassas Virginia just talked to one of the workers

ChaunceyAbignail
20th Aug 2009, 14:11
Midnight release at the gamestop in manassas Virginia just talked to one of the workers

Or you could have consulted the list which states that 3 Manassas locations will have a midnight release...:rolleyes:

By the way, I'm in Manassas.

boomee
20th Aug 2009, 20:18
Or you could have consulted the list which states that 3 Manassas locations will have a midnight release...:rolleyes:

By the way, I'm in Manassas.

yeah i could have but i talked to the person before getting online by the way the midnight release for one of those gamestops have been canceled nice to see a local player on here i am in manassas too

angleslam99
20th Aug 2009, 20:23
Called my store, said they're doing it. I plan on getting it at midnight, play all night. Head out to school the same day lol

morphman30
20th Aug 2009, 20:48
just called mine and they are doing it for people who prordered not buying there. i preordered the CE and i am all set.

ChristianBaleBatman
23rd Aug 2009, 05:34
I wish I could go. Sigh. But, I can't. And the GS I pre-ordered mine at is listed.

I should get it first thing in the morning, as soon as they open up hopefully.

Kaddis
23rd Aug 2009, 06:52
My Gamestop is having a Midnight Madness release. Going there after my rehearsal Monday night. They're also having a costume contest, one of the workers said first prize would be the B:AA comic book. Didn't know what else they were giving away. Too bad I threw out my Harley outfit from last Halloween...totally would've rode the bus in it.

AeroXMetalica
23rd Aug 2009, 06:54
Hey.

I think it's better to have a good night sleep and buy the game early morning so we can beat down on some thugs all day. :D

HG131
23rd Aug 2009, 06:58
My Gamestop is having it, but the have alot of the (HALO WARS EVEN!)

THE REAL JOKER
23rd Aug 2009, 07:05
The EB Games I go to for games is doing the midnight release Monday night.But I'm just gonna go pick up my preorder of the BAA CE for PS3, Tuesday afternoon;).

SladeTeck
23rd Aug 2009, 07:38
Mine is having one, however, given that many people normally don't even show up for these I imagine it will be like the Halo Wars Midnight Release all over again. I was the only person there, although, I did walk away with all the extra swag. Maybe it will be that way again, I can guarantee it won't be as epic as some of your CE parties and whatnot. I'll be lucky if anyone dresses up.

DrDoom
23rd Aug 2009, 13:35
Mine will, which is awesome. Saw the case for it already. God is it huge.

lt_skittles
23rd Aug 2009, 18:42
GameStop just called to let me know that they are having one, and I should call mine for more information.

Batguy
23rd Aug 2009, 18:53
The Gamestop that I preordered from just called and said they will have a midnight release. However, I don't know if I will pick it up then. I might wait until Tuesday after work.

Batguy
23rd Aug 2009, 18:57

I'm sure it will sell well. I don't see how a game that is getting good reviews, made about a popular franchise that will be available on three platforms doesn't get at least 2 million sales worldwide.

harley quinn 1990
23rd Aug 2009, 19:02
my gamestop just called and said to be there at 10 to get by game exactly at midnight

the jokes on you
23rd Aug 2009, 19:06
well first off id like to say yes im going to my gs midnight opening in ny. second id like to mention i just created an account on the forums but have been reading it like a mad man(joker) for the past year. id like to say im so happy to have been in a community with all u fine people.

i will be going to the midnight opening in a mall in ny, yes malls are having midnight openings as well.

well time to play the demo another 1000 times b4 opening (already have played it about 2.5 thousand times since release which is a first ever!!!!!!) cant wait have fun

lt_skittles
23rd Aug 2009, 19:11
Found out that yes, mine is having one,but they don't know what they're doing.

Billy Mays
23rd Aug 2009, 19:24
my gamestop just called and said to be there at 10 to get by game exactly at midnight

to we have to be there at 10 or can we sho up at midnight?

Disco Phantasm
23rd Aug 2009, 19:41
to we have to be there at 10 or can we sho up at midnight?

When I asked the guy he pretty much snapped at me (and gave me such a 'tude when i wanted to make sure my CE is safe...) but said 11:30.

I do NOT want to be in that neighbourhood anywhere NEAR 10....but I want it! :mad2:

Billy Mays
23rd Aug 2009, 19:46
When I asked the guy he pretty much snapped at me (and gave me such a 'tude when i wanted to make sure my CE is safe...) but said 11:30.

I do NOT want to be in that neighbourhood anywhere NEAR 10....but I want it! :mad2:

lol i dont wanna be either but 4 batman ill take a few stab wounds :D

THE REAL JOKER
23rd Aug 2009, 19:57
I got a call from EB Games today and they said they will be selling it at midnight Monday night(but I already knew that, since that is what they told me when I called them yesterday).But the call I got from them today also confirms that EB Games will be doing a party that will start at 10 PM that night.I'm just going to go pick up my preorder of the BAA CE for PS3 Tuesday afternoon;).

kazinya91
23rd Aug 2009, 20:00
midnight release at my gamestop gonna head down at 10 and enjoy first ever midnight release that ill get to go to woohoo!

SuperAdam79
23rd Aug 2009, 20:05
:( i wished i lived in america so then i can go to game stop (what i prefer more than GAME) at midnight and 3 days earlier :( , ill live there some day :p

Trust me, you don't want to live here. :hmm:

QCypher
23rd Aug 2009, 20:06
Its going to be my first midnight release. Im kinda excited, but annoyed that Im going to be up that late...at least there will be NO traffic. Except for the other Batfans that show up.

lt_skittles
23rd Aug 2009, 20:08
Its going to be my first midnight release. Im kinda excited, but annoyed that Im going to be up that late...at least there will be NO traffic. Except for the other Batfans that show up.

Same here. I just wish Batman knew how much he means to me, because if this was a different game I don't think I'd go.

harley quinn 1990
23rd Aug 2009, 20:33
how do i find out if my gamestop is doing the costume contest? did they tell you when they called, cause all i got was a recorded message from some valley girl named ashley lol

lt_skittles
23rd Aug 2009, 20:47
how do i find out if my gamestop is doing the costume contest? did they tell you when they called, cause all i got was a recorded message from some valley girl named ashley lol

Call your GameStop, and ask.

Jack J Napier
23rd Aug 2009, 21:05
You should get an automated message call from your GameStop if they are doing it. 3 Gamestops in my town are doing it and htey reopin at 10. They are giving prizes and stuff at one of mine.

Sir Legendhead
23rd Aug 2009, 21:09

Ha, yeah, that's the same one I got. The message doesn't tell, I guess you have to call your Gamestop.

What I'm gonna do is leave most of my costume in the car. I'm not putting on my mask, gloves, etc. until I can tell that I'm not the only one dressed up.

Why So Serious ?
23rd Aug 2009, 21:10
the one by me called and said thy will from 10 pm to 12 am

JackWinz
23rd Aug 2009, 21:31
The only gamestop around here is in the mall... :/

lt_skittles
23rd Aug 2009, 21:35

Who's going to do the countdown? It's not a big,but I was just wondering?

Kraken890
23rd Aug 2009, 21:44

Yep, same with me. Though why would they do that since that'll be 3 hours before 1a.m tomorrow? The store I'm going to is small so I just hope that they have something planned to keep us entertained instead of just waiting for 1 o'clock to come.

Maniac
23rd Aug 2009, 22:14
I got my call, I'm going to be there! This means more playing time!!!!

Why So Serious ?
23rd Aug 2009, 23:19
Who's going to do the countdown? It's not a big,but I was just wondering?

i will with my phone I'll update every hour for example i'll say 3 hours left, then 2 hours left ect...

lt_skittles
23rd Aug 2009, 23:24
i will with my phone I'll update every hour for example i'll say 3 hours left, then 2 hours left ect...

Oh ok.

SirRoscoe
23rd Aug 2009, 23:45
Is it just me, or did I really underplay how big of a release this game will be. I know Batman is a popular icon, but his successes never transferred to the videogame realm until this game. I know about the high scores and positive hype generated by the demo and fans like us. But I never taken into account that so many Gamespot stores are having midnight releases. Nontheless, this game deserves to be successful, it has earned that right.