PDA

View Full Version : Joker in Sequel ?

JawsFanJesse
16th Aug 2009, 04:39
Do you think Joker will be in the Sequel ?,(Assuming if there is gonna be one) I really hope he is :confused:

The Joker 1
16th Aug 2009, 04:41
Do you think Joker will be in the Sequel ?,(Assuming if there is gonna be one) I really hope he is if there is one. :confused:

I would love one! It would be good, but who? The next Joker needs to be be a great actor.

HarlenQuinn
16th Aug 2009, 04:50
Wow, I cant believe that there is already a thread on a sequal when the game hasnt even come out yet....But if there is then yes.

Pibbman
16th Aug 2009, 06:06
I doubt it would have the Joker in the next one, assuming they made one. Well they could, but it won't be Mark Hamill doing the acting. He has already stated that this will be his last performance as the Joker. In any case, the Joker wouldn't be the same without him.

MCREF
16th Aug 2009, 06:21
I doubt it would have the Joker in the next one, assuming they made one. Well they could, but it won't be Mark Hamill doing the acting. He has already stated that this will be his last performance as the Joker. In any case, the Joker wouldn't be the same without him.

Yeah. Heard about it a month ago. Sad he wont be doing it anymore, but hey that means we'll get some guy with something to prove later. I'd prefer if Joker weren't in the sequel (if there is a sequel) just to get a different head bad guy into the master plan and shake things up. If they go for a trilogy, that would be a perfect bring Joker back situation. Oh yeah. I'm bad. Game's not even out and we're talking about a sequel and I pull out the trilogy. :cool:

Ensanguined Walls
16th Aug 2009, 07:25
I agree with Chris's viewpoint. As much as I adore the Joker as a DC villain, I would rather see Rocksteady cull more unexpected characters out of DC's extensive history for their sequel (assuming that there is one, of course). It would be slightly redundant to have the Joker as the primary antagonist once more, but I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility of a smaller, less central role.

Personally, I would like to see a batch of new villains for the follow-up.

JawsFanJesse
16th Aug 2009, 07:45
I never though about it that Way,True :thumb:

DrDoom
16th Aug 2009, 07:50
I would like to see either Black Mask or Hush.

That would be cool.

Or maybe just throwing a name out there Onomatopoeia.

That would be interesting.

CapedCrusader1495
16th Aug 2009, 07:52
I don't think Joker would be in a sequel anyway (seeing as Mark won't be voicing him anymore).

Ensanguined Walls
16th Aug 2009, 07:52
I would like to see either Black Mask or Hush.

That would be cool.

Or maybe just throwing a name out there Onomatopoeia.

That would be interesting.

Apparently, Black Mask has a cameo in Arkham Asylum.

DrDoom
16th Aug 2009, 08:00
Apparently, Black Mask has a cameo in Arkham Asylum.

Well maybe it could be a set-up. Should be interesting.

HarlenQuinn
16th Aug 2009, 08:46
Well since hamill isnt going to voice JOker again.......there should be no joker in the sequel. But, for the main villian, I think that Ra's Al Ghul would make a good replacement.

CaptainMcMulla
16th Aug 2009, 08:50
I wouldnt mind The Joker as the main villain again but who's going to voice him? :(

HarlenQuinn
16th Aug 2009, 08:58
Thats where we hit a wall, Its like making a new batman movie with the joke in it. Its akward having the same batman u-verse have a character actor replaced.

Sir Legendhead
16th Aug 2009, 09:00
I would like to see either Black Mask or Hush...That's the best idea I've heard for a sequel so far. It would kind of suck if they did the Joker twice in a row.

SolidSnake_123
16th Aug 2009, 09:02
I think they should have the joker in the sequel but maybe not in a leading role, maybe hush?

Argel319
16th Aug 2009, 10:03
Hush! ZOMG!!
But Hush seems only useful in the Hush storyline and the accompanying stories...?
Though I love the graphic novels, it ould suck to pay 60 bucks to replay it when I can go to my shelf and pick up the comics.

Sir Legendhead
16th Aug 2009, 10:05
Hush! ZOMG!!
But Hush seems only useful in the Hush storyline and the accompanying stories...?
Though I love the graphic novels, it ould suck to pay 60 bucks to replay it when I can go to my shelf and pick up the comics.And that's why videogame teams hire writers.

DrDoom
16th Aug 2009, 10:13
It would be kinda interesting, after all Hush has been known to enlist aid from other criminals, and it could be used as a sort of the Batman being hunted angle.

Turn and Face the Strange
16th Aug 2009, 11:08
The Riddler as a main baddie, in free-roaming Gotham. Make him SLIGHTLY more sadistic, placing cops in Saw-esque traps, etc. (He's still non-violent - he's not hurting the cop, the machine is ;)). Then you have to solve some twisted riddle or use cryptic clues to save them.

(I've always seen parallels between Riddler and Jigsaw for some reason).

JOKER1106
16th Aug 2009, 11:53
The Joker is the most pychotic funnest villan dont pretend tht none of us dont want the joker back because we all do.

16th Aug 2009, 12:17
The Joker is the most pychotic funnest villan dont pretend tht none of us dont want the joker back because we all do.

We do want him back, but he won't. That's all.

Knastcore
16th Aug 2009, 12:47
I think thee much more Great Char´s. Don´t know who else will show up in BAA (Ivy, Bane , Joker, Killer Croc,Harle Quinn, Viktor Zsasz)
But for filling a Main game role there: Penguin, Two Face, Riddler, Black Mask, Hush, Mr. Freeze,Ra's al Ghul
and also some to play only minor walk-ons like: Clayface, Mad Hatter and the Guy with thad Mafia Handpuppet.

But didn´t read the AA Comic for now so i don´t know if therer one of the listed ist allredy dead

Drazar
16th Aug 2009, 12:52
I agree with Chris's viewpoint. As much as I adore the Joker as a DC villain, I would rather see Rocksteady cull more unexpected characters out of DC's extensive history for their sequel (assuming that there is one, of course). It would be slightly redundant to have the Joker as the primary antagonist once more, but I certainly wouldn't rule out the possibility of a smaller, less central role.

This. We don't need Joker in every game, the second main villain could easily be Two-Face/Ras' al ghul/Black Mask. :)

Knastcore
16th Aug 2009, 13:04
Is the Penguin sill alive when in the Comic line the AA story happend?

If so, what about hes coming to town with a big Circus u can put some more villiants in the Circus, too.

But i like Rockstady´s comic way of Batman so may they choose the way the villiants show up in the comic, i´m unfamiliar with the most villiant Storys

DrDoom
16th Aug 2009, 13:29
Killer Moth is needed.

Would be interesting to go the mob war route. Great White Shark, Two-Face, The Penguin.

Ddvw123abc
16th Aug 2009, 14:04
We need Man-Bat!!!!!!!

An-Anonymous
16th Aug 2009, 14:14
The Riddler, the Penguin and the Catwoman would make a great villain trio. I especially want to see Catwoman, I like her more than Harley Quinn (yeah, even in her new uniform).

matti76
16th Aug 2009, 14:18
I think you can have too much of a (very) good thing - so I'd like to see some lesser-known villains take centre-stage in the sequel rather than the joker. Especially if Hamill doesn't intend working with the role again.

But first and foremost, I just want there to be a sequel. :)

Game Weasel
16th Aug 2009, 14:26

Agreed on all points.
In fact I was actually disappointed that it was Joker who was the lead villain in this one. There's nothing wrong with that but I was just sort've hoping for something more than the typical J v Bat match-up.

Zhim
16th Aug 2009, 14:53
If there is no Mark, there is no joker. This game feels more like a one-shot, anyways. Rocksteady's next game? SUPERMAN: JUSTICE FOR ALL

SolidSnake_123
16th Aug 2009, 14:56
It would be kinda interesting, after all Hush has been known to enlist aid from other criminals, and it could be used as a sort of the Batman being hunted angle.

Yeah that would be cool,

DrDoom
16th Aug 2009, 15:05
If there is no Mark, there is no joker. This game feels more like a one-shot, anyways. Rocksteady's next game? SUPERMAN: JUSTICE FOR ALL

Oh God No!

I'm not gonna go into my hate of Superman, but lets just say it burns with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns.

But still either way aren't they working on Hitman after this.

TheDarkArcane
16th Aug 2009, 15:08
If there is no Mark, there is no joker.

My thoughts exactly. Mark Hamill IS the only animated Joker I have liked so far, everthing else falls too short of acceptable. With the other Jokers, it just never really felt solid, but more like just another acting, but with Hamill, he always brings out the real character... makes you feel like The Clown Prince of Crime has truely come to life.

Lets see the Black Glove, Ra's Al Ghul, or Two-face. A Combination of villians would be great, because theres only 1 thing better then 1 mind screwing with Bats, and thats multiple minds messing with Batman.

Depending on how far they take the story, maybe throw in Nightwing and some Multiplayer co-op stuff while you are at it. Have us go to blackgate Prison to round up the rest of the convicts and villians, and find a massive plot deeper then just the Jokers plans. After all, hes not the only Agent of Chaos. I wouldnt mind seeing a new villian added to the mix if they could make him interesting, after all, this is a self-proclaimed seperate story arc already.

16th Aug 2009, 15:14
Since we're talking villains - who's the ultimate villain idea?

Batman. On Venom.
Have at the end of this game Batman taking Venom to round up all the bosses and end it, but it somehow splits him in two - normal Batman and Venom'd Evil Batman.

Because that's the Ultimate Batman villain - Batman himself. (the Venom just makes it more difficult than it has to be).

JawsFanJesse
16th Aug 2009, 15:21

Batman. On Venom.
Have at the end of this game Batman taking Venom to round up all the bosses and end it, but it somehow splits him in two - normal Batman and Venom'd Evil Batman.

Because that's the Ultimate Batman villain - Batman himself. (the Venom just makes it more difficult than it has to be).

Bane on Venom. on Venom.

RedHoodSecondSon
16th Aug 2009, 15:32
Well since hamill isnt going to voice JOker again.......there should be no joker in the sequel. But, for the main villian, I think that Ra's Al Ghul would make a good replacement.

^ if they got the TAS actor to voice him in the game it would be even better, i think Ras is underused as a villian, although he probably won't be first choice because of Begins

JawsFanJesse
16th Aug 2009, 15:34
I think mr. Freeze or Riddler Now

Solidkill3r
16th Aug 2009, 15:40
JawsFanJesse, I agree with you! now lets go for a walk http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s158/jedimaxi/Embarassed.gif

SolidSnake_123
16th Aug 2009, 15:42

Batman. On Venom.

Seems like a jacked up spiderman vs venom story to me..:lmao:

JawsFanJesse
16th Aug 2009, 15:44
JawsFanJesse, I agree with you! now lets go for a walk http://media.funsmileys.com/smileys/embarrassed012.gif

Ok But I must Warn you I Run http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/martinsita/smile/skype_smile/skype-evilgrin.gif

Solidkill3r
16th Aug 2009, 15:47
Ok But I must Warn you I Run http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g62/martinsita/smile/skype_smile/skype-evilgrin.gif

lol i love people who play along.:)

JawsFanJesse
16th Aug 2009, 15:48
lol i love people who play along.:)

Awsome Me too :thumb:
and If they DOn't its Akward :confused: :lol:

NoMoarDedCawpz
16th Aug 2009, 15:51
Killer Moth is needed.

Indeed!
Have him get around the city doing his own theme music...

Batman: Flight of the Killer Moth
Coming September 2010
(only on Xbox 360)

webz14
16th Aug 2009, 15:57
yh i really hope that there is a new antagonist for the next one (please make one rocksteady and Eidos- dont mess it up!! FANTASTIC job on this one!!!!) but which really high profile villains could be the main character??? i can only think of someone like penguin or clayface but i dunno!!!! looooooool

:D :nut:

16th Aug 2009, 15:58
NOBODY likes Jigsaw-Riddler?

JawsFanJesse
16th Aug 2009, 15:59
NOBODY likes Jigsaw-Riddler?

oooo That would Be Awsome Riddler Like SAW

DrDoom
16th Aug 2009, 16:58
It wouldn't be Riddler though, it would Jigsaw in a Batman game.

The toymaker
16th Aug 2009, 18:24
yea but you guys are still missing alot more villans like catwoman, deadshot, firefly, and hugo strange. I know these are not will known as some of the ones said but some time the under dog villans are the best.

Stazz
16th Aug 2009, 18:30
I think there should be a new villain too, to avoid the sense of a rehash. I'm sort of expecting a sequel to pick up shortly after AA ends, with villains who were already out of Arkham during the takeover or who used the chance to escape being on the loose in Gotham.

scarecrow29
16th Aug 2009, 19:00
I hope not. Don't get me wrong, I love the Joker, but he's in practically EVERYTHING Batman is. I realize he's the main villain, but even in Spiderman, Venom isn't in every freaking thing they do. Personally I loved when Rise of Sin Tzu didn't include the Joker except as a Fear Gas effect. It allowed other villains their chance to shine. I think the Joker should be put to rest for a while to give other villains their chance in the limelight. Batman can be good without the Joker, you know. Way I see it, the Joker is like a good joke: use it just enough, and it's hilarious, but use it too often, and it loses its impact.

16th Aug 2009, 20:09
It wouldn't be Riddler though, it would Jigsaw in a Batman game.

But Riddler has a compulsion to test the authorities, and Batman. Why not have something happen to drive him a little over the edge, see how far you can push the "non-violent-testing" (the machines/traps are hurting people, not him - his logic).

The Joker 1
17th Aug 2009, 00:14
I wouldnt mind The Joker as the main villain again but who's going to voice him? :(

Me! LOL!:D

jake112493
17th Aug 2009, 00:17
you should wait to see how the game ends before thinking about whos going to be in a sequal

brodudeman1
17th Aug 2009, 00:24
I dont know if anyone has said this but I would rather to see the end of the game and make my opinion then. But on the other hand from the understanding that Two Face has been cured. I would not mind the begining of a sequel to be Two Face having a relaps to crime.

Stargate21
17th Aug 2009, 00:38
With Mark Hamill retiring as the Joker, I don't want the Joker in a sequel to Batman: Arkham Asylum. Ideally I would like to see a story line involving Ra's Al Ghul, for any future Batman game by RockSteady.

DrDoom
17th Aug 2009, 01:20
But Riddler has a compulsion to test the authorities, and Batman. Why not have something happen to drive him a little over the edge, see how far you can push the "non-violent-testing" (the machines/traps are hurting people, not him - his logic).

That's not how the Riddler operates though. It's basically taking JigSaw getting rid of the creepy doll thing and replacing it with a question mask.

You want JigSaw fun, there is a Saw game coming out.

Hugo_Strange
17th Aug 2009, 04:40

This.

It would allow the game to take place in Gotham and elsewhere.

xKILLINGxJOKERx
17th Aug 2009, 09:30
if the next game is free-roaming around gotham then the sequel should focus on the different criminal masterminds fighting each other to gain control over the city (Two-face, Black mask, Penguin) with Batman trying to bring them down before they cripple gotham forever. The Joker should make an appearance as a secondary character along with Riddler, Hush, Freeze, Harley and Ras

The New Blueguy
17th Aug 2009, 10:20
You know I think the problem is that DC just isn't confident enough in another match up for Batman. I mean Batman Begins was a great film but look how it did when compared to TDK. And to be honest, I think TDK would've done better than BB even without Heath Ledger in the Joker role because that's where all the buzz was. The entire build up to the film's announcement was focused on the Joker role. Yes, in part because Nicholson set the bar twenty years ago, but I still think if it was any other Batman villian Warner/DC wouldn't have went all balls out.

Same with this game. I feel it also fell into the trap of using Batman vs. Joker because it's so familiar. Would Warner/DC have greenlit this game without the Joker? I really don't know. Because as good as the game may be, it still feels like an indirect cash-in on the part of Warner/DC. Now, again, I'm not knocking the game, and I hope that they'll greenlight a sequel regardless of who the villian is, but the problem is that the mainstream public of the last 20 or so years, only really knows Batman vs. Joker and I feel that Warner/DC (Marvel is notoriously guilty of this too -- **cough**Wolverine/Spiderman**cough**) is whoring this set up because it's pretty much a license to print money and they're afraid that shaking it up will hurt their cash cow.

I mean look at the status of DC properties in media. We just now got a Wonder Woman DTV out of the DCAU. Then Green Lantern. Why? Because both have live-action movies in the works and they're using the animation as vehicles for those. On the flipside, we have Marvel. The only reason we're even getting a Deadpool movie is because of a fluke cutesy cameo in Wolverine. It just shows that neither company until now has had any faith in any of their other properties because the general public (not comic fans) will eat up the same old **** every few years. Hell, look at the Avengers. How long did it take for all those pieces to fall in place?

And I just hope that this game even pre-release has proven itself to launch a sequel not based on the same old formula. Because where Warner/DC may see a shipwreck without the Joker, I smell fresh roses and potential. All we can do is hope. Here's to a sequel. **cheers**

MayhemContes
17th Aug 2009, 12:39
Probably not since he was in this one.

It's probably going to be Ra's if there's a sequel.

How long did it take for all those pieces to fall in place?

On the flipside, we have Marvel. The only reason we're even getting a Deadpool movie is because of a fluke cutesy cameo in Wolverine. It just shows that neither company until now has had any faith in any of their other properties because the general public

You're wrong there.

Marvel has had a Blade,X-men,Daredevil,Spider-man,Fantastic Four,Ghost Rider,Punisher,Hulk,Iron Man. And Luke cage,Thor,Captain America and The avengers are on the way.

So Marvel does have faith in their other properties.It's DC that sticks with Batman and Superman, they haven even made a Wonder Woman movies

This current fad with Comic book movies was started by the Blade movie.

HG131
17th Aug 2009, 13:34
Why not Freeroam Gotham... with EVERYONE as enemies due to fear gas?

Sir Legendhead
17th Aug 2009, 13:36
Why not Freeroam Gotham... with EVERYONE as enemies due to fear gas?That would be too much like Web of Shadows and Prototype, wouldn't it?

Jay Prospero
17th Aug 2009, 14:21
Joker and Harley are my all time fave villains but the sequel would need something fresh. Riddler/Penguin would probably be my choices annd for a sexy female villainess to stir things up it'd have to be Catwoman!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2598/3794942405_fed6717cd2_b.jpg

Sidsnot
17th Aug 2009, 14:41
he if doesnt die in this one, then yes. but then again i'd like two face or mr freeze just as much