PDA

View Full Version : Elpy's Arkham Countdown; #1

Elpy
15th Aug 2009, 20:45
For all of the coming 13 days until the game's UK release, I'll be posting a short bio of several characters, to pass the time. Here's the first character:

http://ps3maven.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/batman-arkham-asylum-1.jpg
Name: Batman
Nicknames: The Dark Knight, The Caped Crusader, The Dark Knight Detective
Hemmingford Grey, etc.
Occupation: Multimillionaire Industrialist, Playboy and Philanthropist
Powers and Techniques: Trained martial artist, utilises fear as a weapon, vast array of gadgets
Marital Status: Single
Group Affiliation: JLA; formerly Justice League International, Outsiders, Justice League of America
Height: 6'2"
Weight: 210 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Black
First Appearance: Detective Comics #27 (May 1939)

Arkham Asylum's main protagonist is The Batman, the Caped Crusader who personally put the majority of the asylum's inmates in the position they currently are. Setting himself up for revenge, Batman endures the worst night of his life in the game, fighting old foes in their own "yard". To survive, the player must use his arsenal of gizmos, spine-chilling stealth and weaponize fear. Can you pull it off? Find out when the game's released.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12 Days to go...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/images/users/gallerypictures/813L.jpg
Name: Killer Croc
Nicknames/Aliases: The Croc
Powers/Techniques: Supreme size & strength, wrestling ability, durable & tough skin, able to stay underwater for long periods of time, fast reflexes
Eyes: Red
Hair: None
Height: 9 ft
Weight: 310 lbs
First Appearance: Batman #357 (January 1984)

Raised by his abusive, alcoholic aunt and born with a severe skin condition, Waylon Jones' youth proved to be torturous. After a short career in the circus, Waylon grew to be an infamous criminal, known as Killer Croc, with his physical and mental states deteriorating speedily. In Arkham Asylum, Croc is Batman's largest, by far, advesary.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

11 Days to go...

http://www.vgblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/15/BatmanArkhamAsylum-Bane.jpg
Name: Bane
Powers/Techniques: Master strategist, intense focus, extreme determination, super strength
Eyes: Brown (when on Venom: Green)
Hair: Brown
Height: 5 ft 6 in (when on Venom: 6 ft 8 in)
Weight: 140 lb (when on Venom: 350 lb)
First Appearance: Batman: Vengeance of Bane #1 (January , 1993)

Bane is an escaped convict from an island prison in South America and a supervillain. Bane has abnormal strength as a result of having had experiments with a derivative of the drug Venom performed on him. He became known as "The Man Who Broke the Bat" when he broke Batman's spinal cord, forcing Bruce Wayne to give up the Batman persona while he recuperated. Featuring in the awful "Batman & Robin" may have put some off the character, but make no mistake, his appearance in the game is set to be almost show-stealing.

10 Days to go...

http://www.der-vigilant.de/wp-content/myfotos/batman-bilder/harley-quinn-arkham-asylum.jpg
Name: Harley Quinn
Nicknames: The Clown Princess, The Maiden of Mischief, Cupid of Crime
Powers and Techniques: Above-average intelligence; aptitude for psychology; chemically enhanced strength, speed, stamina, agility and immunity from most poisons.
Marital Status: Dating (with The Joker)
Group Affiliation: Joker's Gang, Quinntettes, Secret Six III, Secret Society of Super-Villains
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 140 lbs.
Hair: Blonde
First Appearance: Batman: The Animated Series episode #22:

Dr. Harleen Quinzel worked as a criminal psychologist at Arkham Asylum in Gotham City. Quinzel became first fascinated and then infatuated with the Joker. Eventually Quinzel began to loose her grasp on reality and her obsession led to her facilitating the Joker's escapes and joining him in a life of crime as the madcap Harley Quinn. Harley, however, helps Joker back into the Asylum, in the game, to assist him in leading his evil plots.

9 Days to go...

http://www.der-vigilant.de/wp-content/myfotos/batman-bilder/scarecrow-arkham-asylum.jpg
Name: Scarecrow
Powers and Techniques: Well-educated psychology on fear, use of induced fear as a weapon
Height: 6 ft.
Weight: 130 lbs.
Eye Color: Blue
Hair Color: Brown
First Appearance: World's Finest Comics #3 (Fall 1941)

The host of the much-anticipated "Dem Bones" map, Scarecrow is a truly unique figure in the universe of Batman. Like the Caped Crusader, he uses fear as a weapon, but amplifies fear using his lethal toxin. Can Batman overcome the insane Dr. Crane as he assists the Joker in his attempts?

8 Days to go...

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/article/100/1002408/batman-arkham-asylum-20090709000508575.jpg
Name: Zsasz
Nicknames: Mr. Zsasz
Occcupation: Professional criminal
Powers and Techniques: Compulsive to kill others, difficult to track, sociopathic
Hair: None
Height: 5 ft 8 in
Weight: 150 lb
First Appearance: Batman: Shadow of the Bat #1 (June, 1992)

Suprisingly, Zsasz was born and raised in a life of luxury. With his inherited fortune, he spent his money incredibly fast, til the point where he had spent it all. He considered suicide, but a hobo demanded a handout, with a knife. A struggle concluded when Zsasz killed the bum with his own weapon, before realising: "Humans are machines, what they do on this earth doesn't matter", before carving a mark into his arm. He would add another mark, in tally fashion, for each victim. Zsasz is one of the first foes you'll encounter in the game, and he has a special tally space spared, just for Batman.

7 Days to go...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_B49rvfQPG60/SJv35goOQJI/AAAAAAAAAw4/xhxezVejk7c/s400/vent.jpg
Name: The Ventriloquist
Powers and Techniques: Criminal genius;Suffers from dissociative identity disorder, which manifests in a psychotic dummy, Scarface.
Group Affiliation: Secret Society of Super Villains, Black Lantern Corps
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 142 lbs.
Hair: Grey
First Appearance: Detective Comics #583 (February 1988)/Detective Comics #827 (March 2007)

Yet another unique villain of the DC Universe, The Ventriloquist attempts to find salvation through innocence, using his doll Scarface as the perpetrator of his twisted crimes. Little is known about his appearance in the game, except from one lost screenshot, with The Joker holding Scarface on his lap. Still, more suprises for the full game, which is only a week away for Brits!

6 Days to go...

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/5155/oraclebrainiacvirusnt3.jpg
Name: Oracle
Occupation: The original Batgirl, Batman's current information provider
Powers and Techniques: Incredibly talented in computing, Expert hacker, Photographic Memory
Group Affiliation: Birds of Prey, Batman Family, Seven Soldiers of Victory, Suicide Squad, Justice League
Height: 5'11"
Weight: 126 lbs.
Hair: Red
First Appearance: as Batgirl:Detective Comics #359 (January 1967) as Oracle: Suicide Squad #23 (January 1989)

After being shot through the spine in The Killing Joke, Barbara was forced to drop the mantle of Batgirl. However, she still assits the Caped Crusader through an earpiece, guiding him through his struggles. She is one of the most recurring characters in the game, so you'd better get used to her.

5 Days to go...

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s160/SteveSq/Batman-Arkham-Asylum-Poison-Ivy-Tra.jpg
Name: Poison Ivy
Powers and Techniques: Plant manipulation, Expert in botany and toxicology
Group Affiliation: Formerly Injustice Gang of the World, Secret Society of Super-Villains, Suicide Squad
Height: 5'8"
Weight: 115 lbs.
Eyes: Green
Hair: Red
First Appearance: Batman #181 (June 1966)

Over the course of the game, the player will see a large transformation in the environment. This is all down to Poison Ivy, who's freedom leads to her plants spawning all over Arkham Island, to devastating effect. Now, Batman must fight plants. How exciting.

4 Days to go...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2009/02/batman.arkham.asylum6-1302009-8-212009-580px.jpg
Name: Comissioner Jim Gordon
Powers and Techniques: Proficient in hand to hand combat, expert marksman, veteran detective
Marital Status: Divorced/Widowed
Group Affiliation: GCPD
Height: 6ft
Weight: 180 Lbs
Hair: White
First Appearance: Detective Comics #27

Jim Gordon is Batman's on-location ally through the game. He has his resources, but the Joker's may prove to be too much, even for Gotham's Finest, leaving you, Batman, to eeven the odds. Can you pull it off?

THE BATMAN
15th Aug 2009, 20:48
seems like a cool thread i hope you can keep up the bios :rasp: it will be nice to see what other characters you will have on here

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
15th Aug 2009, 20:59
Yea cool thread but .... Please post all the Bio's in your first post under Batman so I dont have to go looking for them haha .. personal preference :D .. cant wait to see whos next

Elpy
15th Aug 2009, 21:05
Got it - will do.

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
15th Aug 2009, 21:08
Got it - will do.

cool :thumb:

batman4747
15th Aug 2009, 21:21
ha ha am taller than BATMAN.

Elpy
15th Aug 2009, 21:31
ha ha am taller than BATMAN.

Shame you ain't a black belt martial artist :(

batman4747
15th Aug 2009, 21:35

Not to late to start lol.

CaptainMcMulla
16th Aug 2009, 00:11
Nice idea friend.

Same hair colour as Bruce Wayne.

Elpy
16th Aug 2009, 01:19
Nice idea friend.

Same hair colour as Bruce Wayne.

Oh, you have so much in common :P

vulcanraven213
16th Aug 2009, 01:23
Just one minor complaint, your assuming we all know who that character is (which we do) but as you add characters some people might not. You should add the name of the character in bold to specify who it is. BTW, excellent thread.

vulcanraven213
16th Aug 2009, 02:11
Just edit ur Original Post and add Croc to that. Then post saying he was added to bump the thread. Just another simple suggestion for an otherwise excellent thread idea.

Elpy
16th Aug 2009, 11:30
Croc added.

Batz-R-Us
16th Aug 2009, 12:17
Hey Elpy who dont you include a famous quote from each character in their bio? Soo Batman's would be "I'm Batman!!!" and Killer Croc's would be "Tick Tock...into the Croc" or something like that...

Elpy
16th Aug 2009, 12:19
Hey Elpy who dont you include a famous quote from each character in their bio? Soo Batman's would be "I'm Batman!!!" and Killer Croc's would be "Tick Tock...into the Croc" or something like that...

Hmm, maybe. I'm thinking of more things to add atm.

vulcanraven213
16th Aug 2009, 12:19
Croc added.

Excellent! and I thought Joker would be ur next add.

Elpy
16th Aug 2009, 12:20
Excellent! and I thought Joker would be ur next add.

We can't be throwing all the big names in right at the start, now, can we? Joker will be in there, as well as Commish Jim, Oracle, Bane and more.

Elpy
16th Aug 2009, 22:50
Slightly early update - 11 days to go.

Marinetastic
16th Aug 2009, 22:55
still don't like the idea of short bane when he's not on venom

amadeus_arkham
16th Aug 2009, 22:57
Doesnt the guy who played hellboy do the voice for bane?

Elpy
16th Aug 2009, 23:12
Doesnt the guy who played hellboy do the voice for bane?

Yeah, and for Clayface, I think it was. I'd have to double check but I'd rather masturbate furiously whilst watching Bruno.

batmanthedarkknight
16th Aug 2009, 23:18
yeah except for batman's make it I am vengeance i am the night i am BATMAN!!

HG131
16th Aug 2009, 23:41

Batmans would be "What are you, dense? Are you retarded or something? Who the hell do you think I am? I'm the Goddamn Batman."

batfan08
16th Aug 2009, 23:57
Nice thread,but you got Croc's relationship status wrong,because he is dating...

http://i38.tinypic.com/ilzmdu.jpg

...Baby Doll!

Elpy
17th Aug 2009, 00:01
Nice thread,but you got Croc's relationship status wrong,because he is dating...

http://i38.tinypic.com/ilzmdu.jpg

...Baby Doll!

Baby Doll wants some Killer C*ck.

batfan08
17th Aug 2009, 00:44
lol

Solidkill3r
17th Aug 2009, 00:51
Awesome idea dude! and its 1:50AM in the UK so its Monday 17th August, and its with great pleasure i can finally say Batman Arkham Asylum comes out NEXT WEEK!!!! its about time! :):thumb:

Pibbman
17th Aug 2009, 07:30
Man, the wait for this game is becoming even more unbearable as the day get closer.

Elpy
17th Aug 2009, 23:35
Update: 10 days...

Nemesis296
17th Aug 2009, 23:43
Why does Harley Quinn look like Batman? :lol:

Elpy
17th Aug 2009, 23:44
Why does Harley Quinn look like Batman? :lol:

LOL, Sh:t. I'll fix that.

Lunar
17th Aug 2009, 23:49
Really nice thread. I like what you've done with the place.

Mr_Scarecrow_Goes_To_Town
18th Aug 2009, 00:20
Baby Doll wants some Killer C*ck.

XD!!! Classic.

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 01:05
Updated: 9 days to go...

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 19:49
Tonight's update is quite special; I'm putting it to a vote.

Who should be next?

Comissioner Gordon
Victor Zsasz
Oracle

Knastcore
19th Aug 2009, 20:42
Victor Zsasz!!!!! :)

I'm Professional
19th Aug 2009, 20:45
oracle

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 23:02
Update: 8 days to go...

92_corvette
19th Aug 2009, 23:31
according to my calculations the 25th is only 6 days away?

Knastcore
19th Aug 2009, 23:47
thats no matter ;) just give us 7 more Char Details ;) great work!

Elpy
19th Aug 2009, 23:57
I'm counting down to the later, UK date.

HG131
20th Aug 2009, 01:12
I'm counting down to the later, UK date.

You should do Commissioner Gordon next.

92_corvette
20th Aug 2009, 01:20
OHHH. stupid americans! LOL

Maxii
20th Aug 2009, 01:41
Reall cool thread, love the pictures lol :)

Elpy
20th Aug 2009, 10:35
Thanks for the comments, people. Zsasz origin added.

Elpy
21st Aug 2009, 02:08
Updated: 7 Days to go...

SolidSnake_123
21st Aug 2009, 02:11
Awesome thread, 5 more days here in America.

Elpy
21st Aug 2009, 02:13
Mhm, I'm looking forward til the US release - reviewmania.

Jokers right hand man
21st Aug 2009, 14:41
can some one post the picture of joker with scarface on his lap. please and thanks.

Elpy
21st Aug 2009, 14:43
can some one post the picture of joker with scarface on his lap. please and thanks.

Someone posted it a while back, I've lost it since. I'll have a root.

Elpy
21st Aug 2009, 14:46
Got it. Scroll towards the bottom.

http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh140/habylab/img005.jpg

Elpy
22nd Aug 2009, 17:33
Six days to go.

Maxii
22nd Aug 2009, 17:34
Elpy your not allowed Mag screens, you have to link to it.

Elpy
22nd Aug 2009, 17:38
This was posted in the screenshot thread, I don't see the harm.

Ibeliveinharveydent
22nd Aug 2009, 20:25

I'm a green belt.....:wave:

Elpy
22nd Aug 2009, 23:10
Five.

Elpy
24th Aug 2009, 13:17
zF0UR4DAYS4T04G0

Elpy
24th Aug 2009, 18:38
HINT: The final character of the countdown will be the biggest star of the game. Who is it?

AeroXMetalica
24th Aug 2009, 18:41
HINT: The final character of the countdown will be the biggest star of the game. Who is it?

Meeee!!! :D

Night Watcher
27th Aug 2009, 19:57
where are days 3, 2, 1

batman4747
27th Aug 2009, 20:03
What is that stuff on Oracles arm?

(Snappy Name Here)
12th Sep 2009, 20:02

the joker duhhh
and by the way where are days 1 2 and 3 i wanted those bios!:mad2: