PDA

View Full Version : Seriously are they dead??

Nino9LFC
13th Aug 2009, 19:45
Hi ,

In the beginning of the demo when batman brings the joker back to arkham when the guard is taking the joker through where he escapes i put detective mode on and saw that the doctor and the guard is dead even though the joker only choked the guard for barely any time and the doctor he only killed.

Sorry if posted twice.

Thanks

The Sc4recrow
13th Aug 2009, 19:47
I didn't know a headbutt, a short choke and a kick in the stomach could kill somebody...

door noob
13th Aug 2009, 19:47
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1110022#post1110022 Yup already posted, but this could be converted into a kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PESRBowEyQQ

Batz-R-Us
13th Aug 2009, 19:48
Yeah, the Joker packs a mean punch and kick. Batman should watch out.

The Sc4recrow
http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?p=1110022#post1110022 Yup already posted, but this could be converted into a kick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PESRBowEyQQ

That's just plain retarded and unrealistic... :lol: I laugh at fanboys who try to defend flaws like this.

Nino9LFC
sorry about the double post

door noob
13th Aug 2009, 19:50
sorry about the double post

It's ok:p Don't worry.

door noob
13th Aug 2009, 19:51
That's just plain retarded and unrealistic... :lol: I laugh at fanboys who try to defend flaws like this.

Argue with national geographics chanel :)

I'm Professional
13th Aug 2009, 19:51
It's ok:p Don't worry.

smiley faces do not make it okay Door Noob.

TAPETRVE
13th Aug 2009, 19:52
Ever seen No Country for Old Men? Choking someone with a handcuff chain can be very lethal :D .

The Sc4recrow
13th Aug 2009, 19:55
Argue with national geographics chanel :)

I would kindly, let me know where to contact them. Of course a kick with the right force, in the right place could kill somebody. But a human being can't generate that kind of force and there is a 1 in a billion chance that it would happen. I know my fighting, and I know how unrealistic that is. Anything that has to do with chi, karate, kung fu, etc. is a scam and does not work in a real fight.

Death Punch is a myth, only glorified by unrealistic martial arts in the world. It's no more real then the no touch knockouts and board breaks that you see martial arts "masters" doing.

MYTH

Jack J Napier
13th Aug 2009, 20:06
I would kindly, let me know where to contact them. Of course a kick with the right force, in the right place could kill somebody. But a human being can't generate that kind of force and there is a 1 in a billion chance that it would happen. I know my fighting, and I know how unrealistic that is. Anything that has to do with chi, karate, kung fu, etc. is a scam and does not work in a real fight.

Death Punch is a myth, only glorified by unrealistic martial arts in the world. It's no more real then the no touch knockouts and board breaks that you see martial arts "masters" doing.

MYTH

I would have to say you got no clut what you are talking about, but hey thats just me.

door noob
13th Aug 2009, 20:07
I would have to say you got no clut what you are talking about, but hey thats just me.

Best is to leave it alone:rolleyes:

The Sc4recrow
13th Aug 2009, 20:08

As a guy who fights for a living and trains each day, I would say that I do have a clue.

Traditional martial arts are NOT made for fighting, and therefore are not effective in a real situation.

It's you guys that don't know what you are talking about. It is clearly not realistic that somebody could kick somebody in the chest and kill them whenever they choose to.

Gho-Gerhowev
13th Aug 2009, 20:10
As a guy who fights for a living and trains each day, I would say that I do have a clue.

Traditional martial arts are NOT made for fighting, and therefore are not effective in a real situation.

It's you guys that don't know what you are talking about. It is clearly not realistic that somebody could kick somebody in the chest and kill them whenever they choose to.

as if the entire concept of batman is intended to be highly realistic

who knows, maybe he had something on the bottom of his shoes

CaptainMcMulla
13th Aug 2009, 20:11
Ever seen No Country for Old Men? Choking someone with a handcuff chain can be very lethal :D .
Seen the movie. Its pretty good and the guys a nut.

I think The Joker can kill them. Because he has got wacky moves and doesnt care really.

door noob
13th Aug 2009, 20:11

Like TDK in Bruce Wayne's charity event, the knife.

The Sc4recrow
13th Aug 2009, 20:12

That is possible. Still kind of unrealistic though, I would understand a broken rib or two maybe, but that's about it.

On another note, the guards that got shot and are dead, now THAT is realistic :lol:

door noob
13th Aug 2009, 20:13
Did you take into consideration his age, bone problems, etc...?

Strife2k7
13th Aug 2009, 20:14

It wouldn't surprise me a bit to find that he had a thumb-tack or something similar covered in joker venom hidden in the heel of his shoe. Sc4recrow is correct though, a kick to the chest from someone like Joker isn't going to kill anyone. Although force isn't the only determining factor, location is a big one. A kick of that force to the throat or temple may very well kill you. That being said, we're talking about a maniacal clown who's chased around by a man who dresses like a bat. Suspension of Disbelief is required at the door in such scenarios. :)

deathsshadow
13th Aug 2009, 20:17
He's surprisingly strong in hand to hand combat.
That's in his Attributes.

The Sc4recrow
13th Aug 2009, 20:17
Did you take into consideration his age, bone problems, etc...?

Bone problems? What problems would those be? The disease that a very small percentage of people in the world have that allows bones to break easier than the usual?

He could be 100 years old, one kick would most likely not kill him. It would put him down for a long time though. Maybe they should change it to "Unconscious" in some DLC.

Resolve
13th Aug 2009, 20:19
joker is so awesome, i can't wait for the dlc :D

door noob
13th Aug 2009, 20:20
Bone problems? What problems would those be? The disease that a very small percentage of people in the world have that allows bones to break easier than the usual?

He could be 100 years old, one kick would most likely not kill him. It would put him down for a long time though. Maybe they should change it to "Unconscious" in some DLC.

Maybe he oncorporated in that small percentage :eek: And diseases like calcium withdrawal and also Osteoporosis and Osteopenia.