PDA

View Full Version : What problems do you have with the game?

Splinter47
11th Aug 2009, 13:09
Don't come in here and whine and b**** if you don't like people having problems. Okay, here are mine

1. The gears of war camera angle sucks, I can't see that much of the environment when I'm in that camera angle

2. Why do you have to press a button to run? The devs could of let the joystick control the speed of batman

3. running/dodge roll animations are kinda stiff

4.I feel that if I'm cornered and I'm on a cat walk or whatever else I should be able to jump off with ease. Not have to wait for the buggy a button to appear for me to do the jump.

5. Why can't you hide bodies.

6. What's up with an inmate hearing you beat his buddy 100 feet away?

That's all for now, and if you don't like it I don't care these are my opinions:)

PS. this game is awesome, I don't think it sucks and I will get it on day 1.

DiamondBlade
11th Aug 2009, 13:27
I guess I have a few problems with the demo as well, some meaningful and some less.

Why can't you glide freely? I find it to be very frustrating when I need to glide over to a certain spot in the level, but am unable to do so because I'm not standing on a gargoyle.
In the last room on the demo, there's not knowing whether you've been spotted when entering the vent opening from the floor or not, which can sometimes result in death or a dramatic loss of health.
The Batarang brings very little benefit in interacting with the environment. (For example, it's a shame that it's not possible to use it to activate the boilers even when the enemy is not in a Terrified condition.
Enemies can be rather dumb at times. For example, in the room with the three armed goons - how come they don't notice you taking down their friends when they stand right next to them?

iamtombombadil
11th Aug 2009, 13:33
Is this really how you want to begin your time here on the forums? You do know that this is the official forum for the game. This is not IGN or Gamefaqs. Complaining about the game will be better received there, not here where most are big fans of the game. Is this thread really necessary? There already is a demo discussion thread.

BTW. "why can't you hide bodies"? Do you really need an answer to that, or can you figure that on your own. This is not MGS. Batman is not trying to sneak through the asylum without trace, but he is instilling fear into the thugs that remain. Please don't ask people to not complain about people like you in this thread when you can't even be rational in your complaints. You have an icon of Hitman and you have Splinter as a user name? Are you trolling?

DiamondBlade
11th Aug 2009, 13:37
You're quite wrong. Any feedback is and will be well recieved. That's what the forums are for. Not only these forums, but any forums. It's a place for everyone to voice their opinion about the subject of the forum - for the better or for the worst.

RIFT
11th Aug 2009, 13:37
Is this really how you want to begin your time here on the forums? You do know that this is the official forum for the game. This is not IGN or Gamefaqs. Complaining about the game will be better received there, not here where most are big fans of the game. Is this thread really necessary? There already is a demo discussion thread

Isnt this the best place for the Devs to see this kind of feedback? Why would a Dev goto IGN to look for feed and not their own forums?

MrNussbaum
11th Aug 2009, 13:38
Don't come in here and whine and b**** if you don't like people having problems. Okay, here are mine

2. Why do you have to press a button to run? The devs could of let the stick could of let you control the speed of batman I agree with this one, kind of, I would prefer if slightly pushing the analog stick made you do the standard walk, pushing it all the way put you into a jog, but I don't have a problem with holding the button down to sprint.

4.I feel that if I'm cornered and I'm on a cat walk or whatever else I should be able to jump off with ease. Not have to wait for the buggy a button to appear for me to do the jump. I agree with this one

5. Why can't you hide bodies. I don't have a problem with this, the option would cool, but I think the whole point of being Batman is putting fear into your enemies and what better way to scare them if for them to find bodies lying around.

6. What's up with an inmate hearing you beat his buddy 100 feet away? When they scream in a large room it's going to echo and they are going to hear. Use a silent takedown and they won't hear you.

That's all for now, and if you don't like it I don't care these are my opinions:)

Added some responses.

iamtombombadil
11th Aug 2009, 13:40
Keir already started a thread to talk about the demo. Besides. This game if finished. Do you honestly believe that things will be changed this late in the game?

DiamondBlade
11th Aug 2009, 13:41
It's highly unlikely, but anything could happen.

iamtombombadil
11th Aug 2009, 13:47
Some of the complaints have a valid point, but I think that some people expect a perfect game in every way, but that is never going to happen. Gaming is like politics. It pleases some, but can dis-please others. That is why Ice cream comes in so many flavors. So, in the end I think we have to ask ourselves some questions. Do I like Batman? Am I glad that this game is deeper and better than any other Batman game created before it? If you answered yes to both of those questions then just accept the game for what it is. A great game, but not a perfectly great game. I think people's expectations need to be grounded in the reality that building a perfect game so that everyone on the planet agrees is near impossible. For example, I like games where you have to push a button to run, rather than have the pressure sensitive control stick. I think the camera angle behind batman is way better and less claustrophobic than GOW 1 and 2. I like that bodies are left out for discovery. So my likes may not line up with your likes, but you can see that in order to please both of us, Rocksteady would have to be God.

purplerose1414
11th Aug 2009, 13:49
I agree with that, but personally it just doesn't make sense to develop such a great atmosphere but then not be able to see much of it. I do think the camera angle is pretty darn obtrusive, and while I understand and respect the designers intent, I still wish it was easy to edit in the ini files...

At any rate, OP, this is a copy of what the demo thread is for, so expect it to be locked.

warvibe24
11th Aug 2009, 13:53
The only thing I would want to be changed is the camera angle.

Inferno317
11th Aug 2009, 13:54
Why can't you glide freely? I find it to be very frustrating when I need to glide over to a certain spot in the level, but am unable to do so because I'm not standing on a gargoyle.

You CAN glide freely. It's not about being on the gargoyles. It's about physics.......if you're not high enough or far enough from where you are trying to go, he's not going to glide because he won't have the momentum.

I've entered a glide several times from the top of the center room with the glass panels.

I do agree though that I would have liked to be able to set off the boilers to get a reaction......but *shrugs*. I still love the demo and am excited to hear how the developers were worried that it wouldn't portray what the game itself could be. If I enjoy the demo this much and the game is so much better, it sounds like we're getting a video game gem. :D

Rockatansky
11th Aug 2009, 13:54
I guess I have a few problems with the demo as well, some meaningful and some are less.

In the last room on the demo, there's not knowing whether you've been spotted when entering the vent opening from the floor or not, which can sometimes result in death or a dramatic loss of health.
The Batarang brings very little benefit in interacting with the environment. (For example, it's a shame that it's not possible to use it to activate the boilers even when the enemy is not in a Terrified condition.
Enemies can be rather dumb at times. For example, in the room with the three armed goons - how come they don't notice you taking down their friends when they stand right next to them?

You can glide from high structures and not just the gargoyles. In the last room of the demo, if you stand on top of the control room, you can glide down to attack or sneak up on the thugs.
If you hide in a vent with a body close by, then other thugs will have an opportunity of spotting you as they will look down at the body of their colleague.

Batz-R-Us
11th Aug 2009, 13:55
Keir already started a thread to talk about the demo. Besides. This game if finished. Do you honestly believe that things will be changed this late in the game?

Your right but there could always be a patch released for when the game releases with these fixes.

purplerose1414
11th Aug 2009, 13:56
Not if the devs don't consider the camera something to be fixed, which they don't.

Nemesis296
11th Aug 2009, 13:56
Some of the complaints have a valid point, but I think that some people expect a perfect game in every way, but that is never going to happen. Gaming is like politics. It pleases some, but can dis-please others. That is why Ice cream comes in so many flavors. So, in the end I think we have to ask ourselves some questions. Do I like Batman? Am I glad that this game is deeper and better than any other Batman game created before it? If you answered yes to both of those questions then just accept the game for what it is. A great game, but not a perfectly great game. I think people's expectations need to be grounded in the reality that building a perfect game so that everyone on the planet agrees is near impossible. For example, I like games where you have to push a button to run, rather than have the pressure sensitive control stick. I think the camera angle behind batman is way better and less claustrophobic than GOW 1 and 2. I like that bodies are left out for discovery. So my likes may not line up with your likes, but you can see that in order to please both of us, Rocksteady would have to be God.

I completely agree with this. People are just too damn critical over an amazing game that has been created. Plus, this is just the demo we are talking about. I can't stand it when people come on here just to bash the game with their first post. That means a number of things: 1) They haven't read anything more than likely about prior discussions...hence why this thread was created instead of using the designated demo thread, and 2) they just want to cause drama by trolling through forums. Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

At any rate, whether this will be closed or not, I have to speak my mind. People that want a PERFECT game should go develop their own damn game. Honestly, do you guys have ANY idea at the amount of work, manpower, time, effort that goes into making a video game? Let alone a game like Arkham Asylum? I'm pretty sure that this game has been YEARS in the making, and it is one of the more polished video games that we have ever seen. State of the art graphics/gameplay and just the feeling of being Batman. If you don't feel like it's worth your money ($60 is nothing for the hard work that all the people at Eidos and Rocksteady have put into giving us such an amazing game) then just don't buy it and stay silent. The whole "cape is clipping" and "why can't I do _______" posts are just annoying. Take the game for what it is, and stop complaining about how it isn't exactly the game that YOU want. If you don't like it, don't buy it and leave these forums. The world would be a much better place without you critical monkeys creating useless threads.

Now on the other hand, if there was a huge technical issue that is one thing. But I mean, complaining about how there isn't a way to automatically run...that's just a nuance that you are exploiting to try and find something wrong with the game. Enjoy it for what it is...I know I will :)

purplerose1414
11th Aug 2009, 14:00
Okay, complaining does not immediately equal trolling, and the devs aren't gods. If no one ever criticised anything nothing could ever be improved. Bioshock is a good example, as when the demo came out people found the field of view wasn't what they wanted. Even though the devs decided to go with a certain FOV, people didn't like it so they put in the option to change it. What's wrong with that solution?

Edit: And no one in this thread has said their not buying the game. It's a wonderful game I know I'll love, there are just minor problems.

The New Blueguy
11th Aug 2009, 14:08
There isn't anything I don't like, I haven't played the full game yet.

Old_BenKenobi
11th Aug 2009, 14:13
I guess I have a few problems with the demo as well, some meaningful and some are less.

i won't answer the other others, but you can glide off almost any unblocked ledge. Just run off the edge and you glide automatically.

Msharingan
11th Aug 2009, 14:17
This game is NOT perfect, contrary to popular belief on this forum.

The thread was 'What problems do you have with the game?', so if you cannot answer that question, don't comment.

~ The Zelda jump. I don't think anyone likes it. I doesn't work in a Batman game.

~ Not being able to hide bodies.
'But this isn't Metal Gear Solid'
Neither is it Splinter Cell, but imagine the sections where you cannot be spotted. If someone see's a body that you have silently taken down, then starts shooting everywhere and hits you, you fail. It becomes very hard to make a goon think that everybody else is alright.

~ Having to wait for an icon to appear to jump over something. I remember that embarasing moment in either the Gamespot or IGN E3 demo of Arkham Asylum where the person playing the game, a person who has been playing it for maybe a year now, goes to the glass sections of the Control Room, and struggles to jump up, and ends up rolling 2-4 times before actually getting the command to climb.

This is a great game. A great game with flaws, however. I can take when people have complaints about a good game, but fanboy-ism to the point where flaws are ignored is just stupid.

Nemesis296
11th Aug 2009, 14:21
: And no one in this thread has said their not buying the game. It's a wonderful game I know I'll love, there are just minor problems.

True. It just annoys me to read people's complaints for things so small. I mean, people who expect games to run perfect, without a single glitch, and without a single hiccup in the controls. Those are the people my post was directed towards. I can't stand people that expect when they buy something that nothing will ever go wrong with it. It's a video game, and nothing is ever perfect.

I meant no offense to people that actually have legitimate complaints about the game. I know I have had some too, but some things about the AI and such are just seeming absolutely painstakingly ridiculous. Like the complaint about the AI not recognizing that his buddies disappeared when you are using Silent Takedowns.

Bottom line: People who want entirely realistic video games and make a point to notice every flaw in the system are the ones that annoy me. They lose sight about how awesome the game is from what the devs have made.

By the way, I know that games aren't perfect so do not take this as a "Mods/Devs are Gods" post either. Games always have flaws, I just choose to ignore them most of the time and deal with the game that the developers decided was good enough to market to all of us.

Turn and Face the Strange
11th Aug 2009, 14:22

You can glide from any ledge in the game, not just gargoyles.

You can use the Batarang to:
- Stun Enemies
- Disarm Enemies (with an upgrade in the full game)
- Trip / Knock Over Enemies (with the Quick-Batarang move)
- Distract Enemies (by throwing them near an enemy)
- Cut rope to drop hanging enemies.
- Activate/Deactivate Switches

It's got enough uses that we know of, and loadsmore in the full game. And how would throwing it at a boiler make the boiler vent steam (which it does automatically)? Unless you cut into it, in which case it would be a one-time use.

Rockatansky
11th Aug 2009, 14:26
One thing that most people forget is that the game has to go through a submission process (usually 1 month) with Sony and Microsoft to make sure that it abides by their standards. Once the game has passed the submission process, there is not a lot that can be done with the code on the disc and any changes that can be made have to be done by patching which also has to go through Sony and Microsoft.

JMCA
11th Aug 2009, 14:27
Don't have any major issues with the game tbh, and this is still only the demo and has as been said, its an older build of the final product.

Only 2 issues I have is that:

* I think the camera angle is a little to close to Batman, if it was out just a little more then it'd be perfect,
* I wish the Batarang is was more interactive with the enviroment, for example, why can't we break a cup on a table to scare a guard, or smash a small window to make them jump whilst silently stalking them from above?

vinny d123
11th Aug 2009, 14:32
my only problem is the free flow doesnt flow as well as i thought it would be

amadeus_arkham
11th Aug 2009, 14:34
this thread sucks......

purplerose1414
11th Aug 2009, 14:36
this thread sucks......

Like it or not people have valid complaints. Way to contribute.

Mani-Man
11th Aug 2009, 14:37
Don't have any major issues with the game tbh, and this is still only the demo and has as been said, its an older build of the final product.

Only 2 issues I have is that:

* I think the camera angle is a little to close to Batman, if it was out just a little more then it'd be perfect,
* I wish the Batarang is was more interactive with the enviroment, for example, why can't we break a cup on a table to scare a guard, or smash a small window to make them jump whilst silently stalking them from above?

I think the camera angle will be a little bit further away you need to remember this is the E3 demo!

yeah its a little bit sad that you cant break windows or knock out lights to distract the enemies.But still you can use the batarang in so many situations!

DiamondBlade
11th Aug 2009, 14:49
You can use the Batarang to:
- Disarm Enemies (with an upgrade in the full game) -Source?
- Distract Enemies (by throwing them near an enemy) -Does it also work when throwing a Batarang towards a wall? Just asking.
- Cut rope to drop hanging enemies. -If Batman can do that, why can't he cut other things, i.e. cutting a lamp from the celling? Sure, that would be unrealistic, but we've seen him do such things in the cartoon(s), comics etc.
- Activate/Deactivate Switches -Source?

It's got enough uses that we know of, and loadsmore in the full game. And how would throwing it at a boiler make the boiler vent steam (which it does automatically)? Unless you cut into it, in which case it would be a one-time use. -I'm sorry, but now you're just niggling.

I said nothing about the Batarang being useless. I said that it can barely be used for interacting with the environment. The things you listed are not related to interacting with the environment.

wacha67
11th Aug 2009, 15:10
I've got a problem with Batman:AA. my computer's specification: amd athlon 64 3500+ 1gb RAM radeon x1600pro.When Batman is in play if it had included the slowdown (something like bullet time) and to prevent a very, as I change everything on high is the same as everything on low

the game runs poorly on one-core processors , are Rocksteady going to do something?(sorry for my english)

11th Aug 2009, 15:11
I said nothing about the Batarang being useless. I said that it can barely be used for interacting with the environment. The things you listed are not related to interacting with the environment.

Ah right. Sorry :rolleyes:

As for your comments:
- There was a video a while back with a batarang knocking a gun out of a thugs hand. Since it's well known you can upgrade your gadgets, it can be assumed that there is an upgrade to do this.
- Throwing a Batarang at a wall, floor, window, etc, anything near a guard piques his attention.
- Arent the lights held up by chains or something, rather than rope? I'm not sure though.
- There are plenty of videos showing the player throw a Batarang across a room filled with gas to deactivate the switch on the other end of the room.
- Yes, I love to niggle. :)

Pbrad08
11th Aug 2009, 15:22
My disgrepancies:

- Batman is too buff
- Most, if not all, of his costume pieces are overly "shiny"

Ahasverus
11th Aug 2009, 15:24
The Gears if War camera... WHY????? IMO, is the worst camera angle since the frist person perspective. Yes, I hate FPS.

The_Clown_Prince_Of_Crime
11th Aug 2009, 15:27
Is this really how you want to begin your time here on the forums? You do know that this is the official forum for the game. This is not IGN or Gamefaqs. Complaining about the game will be better received there, not here where most are big fans of the game. Is this thread really necessary? There already is a demo discussion thread.

BTW. "why can't you hide bodies"? Do you really need an answer to that, or can you figure that on your own. This is not MGS. Batman is not trying to sneak through the asylum without trace, but he is instilling fear into the thugs that remain. Please don't ask people to not complain about people like you in this thread when you can't even be rational in your complaints. You have an icon of Hitman and you have Splinter as a user name? Are you trolling?

It's called Constructive Criticism,go look it up if you can play down your rabid fanboy fever long enough

ennzo
11th Aug 2009, 15:30
only thing that i would like is the ability to glide off structures other then gargoyles... but the biggest thing i would change is the release date,, theyre are releases just far too much game info the last week.. i think its because theyre done makign the game and just bored.. on top of having the extra time to develop 3 DLCs.. this game should be in my PS3 already

Nemesis296
11th Aug 2009, 15:41
only thing that i would like is the ability to glide off structures other then gargoyles... but the biggest thing i would change is the release date,, theyre are releases just far too much game info the last week.. i think its because theyre done makign the game and just bored.. on top of having the extra time to develop 3 DLCs.. this game should be in my PS3 already

Lol didn't you see someone already said you can do this, you just have to jump off and then hold the glide button...

ennzo
11th Aug 2009, 15:44
Lol didn't you see someone already said you can do this, you just have to jump off and then hold the glide button...

well then, s'all good on the game machanics :D

ill stick to my ladder comment though :rolleyes:

Nemesis296
11th Aug 2009, 16:00
I wouldn't necessarily call this a "problem" with the game, but I wish the game had the ability to place your detective mode "cursor" to scan enemies or objects. It seems like it's kinda random what it selects. In the Invisible Predator section I wanted to see the heart bpm of a thug and the only reliable way I found to select a thug was to aim the batarang at a thug while in detective mode. It may be that the final game is more polished, I'm hoping so!

DiamondBlade
11th Aug 2009, 16:02
I agree.

11th Aug 2009, 16:17
everytime i say stuff like this ppl close my threads, you guys sound like a buncha whiners to me. I wouldnt keep talking either cause eidos/rocksteady might delay the game again because of you guys complaining about every little thing.

Check through this thread,I've made no criticisms in it,I PM'ed them on to the Mods.I'm thinking if the game was delayed again,a few of the,how shall I put this....obsessives,might hang themselves,another delay might not actually be a bad thing

11th Aug 2009, 16:20
everytime i say stuff like this ppl close my threads, you guys sound like a buncha whiners to me. I wouldnt keep talking either cause eidos/rocksteady might delay the game again because of you guys complaining about every little thing.

*sigh*
Constructive. Criticism.

Also, the game won't be delayed. It's PASSED the "polishing" stage. They can't change anything even if they wanted to. This thread is just to point out thinks we don't like from our playthough, so that PATCHES can fix them.

Grommers
11th Aug 2009, 16:25
My only problem is the camera angle as well, another "foot (in game)" would be enough now its just a tad too close. However, I understand why they have that angle, same reason they had it in re4/5 because when you turn around and see a guy, your like oh ****. I think a tad bit back should be able to keep that "omg theres a guy there" feeling, while improving the camera.

Everything else I can see the logic behind it, if you had the batarang react to everything, think about how much more coding etc? for what? I can't justify the work behind the coding for the return. You'd have to make so much stuff a destructible, for something that doesnt really add to the game all that much.

The intelligence of the first 3 gunned goons you take down..yeah, great way to turn off a lot of people, its supposed to be an easy game to learn. Hard to master, you need to teach people the basics. It keeps the game fast paced being closed to each other, and you can already see in the next room it gets a little bit harder.

And the running/rolls are a little stiff, but thats due to the camera angle, without that it'd be much different feel for the game.

chip5541
11th Aug 2009, 16:26
removed 2 posts. knock off the personal jabs.

JMCA
11th Aug 2009, 16:33
I think the camera angle will be a little bit further away you need to remember this is the E3 demo!

yeah its a little bit sad that you cant break windows or knock out lights to distract the enemies.But still you can use the batarang in so many situations!

I did say that it was the demo and an older build, so I'm not holding these against it.

and I don't mind the way the batarang is, just thought it could have been a little more interactive but i'll still play the game non the less.

Rocksteady and Eidos have created a great game just going off the demo, and if it really is an older build then the final version is going to be brilliant.

JMCA
11th Aug 2009, 16:35
My only problem is the camera angle as well, another "foot (in game)" would be enough now its just a tad too close. However, I understand why they have that angle, same reason they had it in re4/5 because when you turn around and see a guy, your like oh ****. I think a tad bit back should be able to keep that "omg theres a guy there" feeling, while improving the camera.

Everything else I can see the logic behind it, if you had the batarang react to everything, think about how much more coding etc? for what? I can't justify the work behind the coding for the return. You'd have to make so much stuff a destructible, for something that doesnt really add to the game all that much.

The intelligence of the first 3 gunned goons you take down..yeah, great way to turn off a lot of people, its supposed to be an easy game to learn. Hard to master, you need to teach people the basics. It keeps the game fast paced being closed to each other, and you can already see in the next room it gets a little bit harder.

And the running/rolls are a little stiff, but thats due to the camera angle, without that it'd be much different feel for the game.

Agree with this, except for the destuctible objects part, as they wouldn't need to make a whole lot of coding for another 2 or 3 objects to break, possibly only lights and windows just to give you another option on how to stalk a goon.

GenericAmerican
11th Aug 2009, 21:47
i hate all this complaining. and i have no problems with climbing, or jumping over rails in the game, just hold down the run button and move towards the thing you want to jump/climb. i like this demo, and im going to love this game

MayhemContes
11th Aug 2009, 21:56
Neither is it Splinter Cell, but imagine the sections where you cannot be spotted. If someone see's a body that you have silently taken down, then starts shooting everywhere and hits you, you fail. It becomes very hard to make a goon think that everybody else is alright.

Except the point is that he wants them to find the bodies. He wants to strike fear.

Don't you read Batman at all?

Larcenous Laugh
11th Aug 2009, 22:22
This game is NOT perfect, contrary to popular belief on this forum.

The thread was 'What problems do you have with the game?', so if you cannot answer that question, don't comment.

~ The Zelda jump. I don't think anyone likes it. I doesn't work in a Batman game.

~ Having to wait for an icon to appear to jump over something. I remember that embarasing moment in either the Gamespot or IGN E3 demo of Arkham Asylum where the person playing the game, a person who has been playing it for maybe a year now, goes to the glass sections of the Control Room, and struggles to jump up, and ends up rolling 2-4 times before actually getting the command to climb.

This is a great game. A great game with flaws, however. I can take when people have complaints about a good game, but fanboy-ism to the point where flaws are ignored is just stupid.

Wow. Just quoting yours cause I think you put the main complaints in a fairly straight forward fashion. (and I liked the zelda comment)

- The Zelda Jump. I don't know about you, but in mind Batman jumps for a purpose, and not like a Night Elf in wow. The context sensitive jump works fine in Assassin's Creed, and I think it works just fine here.

- Not being able to hide bodies. I can only speak for myself here, and only for the demo, but thugs don't find a body if I don't want them to find it. I use detective mode to it's fullest and strike when they are in the position I want them in, and not before. If you use only silent takedowns, the thugs have no reason to believe that anything is wrong with their friends and have no reason to go check on them. So far, the only room they mentioned not wanting anyone to know you are there is the Harley/Gordon room, and the enemies are not in close quarters, so the silent takedown/stalking technique is still the proper one, with no need to figure out where to stash a body.

- Having to wait for an icon to appear to jump over something. Unfortunately, the person playing that particular demo was not someone who had been playing the game for a year. If he was, he would know, as I do from only playing it for a weekend, that there are no context sensitive buttons other then the glass take down on the roof of the building. You can walk from one glass pane right on to the roof with nothing but the analog stick. The fact that he was a bit of an r-tard and rolled around like an idiot (on top of the fact that he jumped through the glass while there were two thugs there, taking out one and getting shot by the other) just makes him look dumb, not the game. Just like in Assassin's Creed, holding down the Climb/Run button will allow you to perform those actions without waiting for the screen pop.

You are right. This is a great game. But what most fail to understand is that unless it is a serious technical glitch... the things you are talking about are not flaws. They are preferences. The game works the way the devs want it to work.

scarecrow22
11th Aug 2009, 22:29
i like most of the stuff about this game
the only thing i dont like is there isnt any variety for inverted takedowns

robinsnotstupid
11th Aug 2009, 22:44
this is gonna get locked...

i don't like that the bad guys have so much hit points. i think once bats puts a guy on the ground, they aren't getting up.

i would like more enemies who go down faster.

also, i hate the bats that fly out of the defeated enemies.

laughitoff
11th Aug 2009, 22:51

1. The gears of war camera angle sucks, I can't see that much of the environment when I'm in that camera angle

2. Why do you have to press a button to run? The devs could of let the stick could of let you control the speed of batman

4.I feel that if I'm cornered and I'm on a cat walk or whatever else I should be able to jump off with ease. Not have to wait for the buggy a button to appear for me to do the jump.

with number 5.why would want to hide the bodies? the guards are looking for you anyway, they know you are there. If you hide the bodies then they will just be less afraid, if they see the bodies, they just get more scared.

6.they don't unless you break through glass or if you punch them they do make noise, and it is quiet in that room when you aren't kicking ass.

robinsnotstupid
12th Aug 2009, 00:08
thoughts of a thug in jokers army

after finding the 19th unconscious thug, i said to my self, "self, the worst he's gonna do is knock me unconscious, im gonna try and shot him him when i see him"

vs

nineteen of my fellow thugs have completely vanished, one was standing right next to me one second and was gone the next. we cant find them anywhere, are they dead? being a ignorant cowardly criminal, i wonder if batman is some kind of demon who took them to hell! im turning my self in before he gets me too!

JonWang
12th Aug 2009, 00:20
I guess I have a few problems with the demo as well, some meaningful and some less.

You really need to play the demo more buddy. You can in fact glide freely you just have to hold A (on xbox).

You know you've been spotted by the thugs pairing up and taking different paths, looking for you. They will even say 'hes here'.

The batarang can be used to stun one thug as you knock out his partner. The batrang can also to lead thugs to check out different directions by throwing it in there general direction without hitting them. I do wish there was more environmental interactions with the batrang like exploding a fire extinguishers.

The AI is dumb at this point in time because the game is on easy and regardless the other guards cant notice there buddies getting takin out because idk, maybe because hes freakin batman!!!!

JonWang
12th Aug 2009, 00:26

2. Why do you have to press a button to run? The devs could of let the stick could of let you control the speed of batman

If you cant see that much of the enviorment then use predator mode, that is what it is used for. Once you make your choice to move in turn it off and do your thing. You have control of the camera angle, and predator modes lets you see everything.

Batman doesnt mainly run. Even in most of his movies he will just calmly walk. Which in my opinion is bad ass.

Henke123
12th Aug 2009, 00:30
I only have two problems with the demo:

1. It's using PhysX and I don't have a nvida-card.
2. My in-game graphics looks better than the cutscenes.

The gameplay and everything else is awesome, I can't wait to play the full game.

DropkickDisco
12th Aug 2009, 00:34
I, for one, love the over-the-shoulder angle.

Solidkill3r
12th Aug 2009, 01:22

I second that.

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 01:43

Hmmm, maybe so that his buddies wont find his body and start searching for me. Maybe I want to keep the inmates calm so I can stealth kill them all

use your brain:)

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 01:44
If you cant see that much of the enviorment then use predator mode, that is what it is used for. Once you make your choice to move in turn it off and do your thing. You have control of the camera angle, and predator modes lets you see everything.

Batman doesnt mainly run. Even in most of his movies he will just calmly walk. Which in my opinion is bad ass.

It's not badass when you are walking into 30 bullets... well maybe a little.

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 01:48
with number 5.why would want to hide the bodies? the guards are looking for you anyway, they know you are there. If you hide the bodies then they will just be less afraid, if they see the bodies, they just get more scared.

6.they don't unless you break through glass or if you punch them they do make noise, and it is quiet in that room when you aren't kicking ass.

No they didn't know I was in the room, they were calm. But after I knocked one of their guys out they found the body and went spastic. If I was able to hide the body I would be able to go through the area un-alert.

scarecrow22
12th Aug 2009, 01:52
No they didn't know I was in the room, they were calm. But after I knocked one of their guys out they found the body and went spastic. If I was able to hide the body I would be able to go through the area un-alert.
yea, our buddys gone but he probably just went to the bathroom or something and that screaming must have been in our heads

the scarecrow
12th Aug 2009, 01:52
You really need to play the demo more buddy. You can in fact glide freely you just have to hold A (on xbox).

You know you've been spotted by the thugs pairing up and taking different paths, looking for you. They will even say 'hes here'.

The batarang can be used to stun one thug as you knock out his partner. The batrang can also to lead thugs to check out different directions by throwing it in there general direction without hitting them. I do wish there was more environmental interactions with the batrang like exploding a fire extinguishers.

The AI is dumb at this point in time because the game is on easy and regardless the other guards cant notice there buddies getting takin out because idk, maybe because hes freakin batman!!!! agreed i dont know why pepole complain about kicking a$$

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 01:55
Wow. Just quoting yours cause I think you put the main complaints in a fairly straight forward fashion. (and I liked the zelda comment)

- The Zelda Jump. I don't know about you, but in mind Batman jumps for a purpose, and not like a Night Elf in wow. The context sensitive jump works fine in Assassin's Creed, and I think it works just fine here.

- Not being able to hide bodies. I can only speak for myself here, and only for the demo, but thugs don't find a body if I don't want them to find it. I use detective mode to it's fullest and strike when they are in the position I want them in, and not before. If you use only silent takedowns, the thugs have no reason to believe that anything is wrong with their friends and have no reason to go check on them. So far, the only room they mentioned not wanting anyone to know you are there is the Harley/Gordon room, and the enemies are not in close quarters, so the silent takedown/stalking technique is still the proper one, with no need to figure out where to stash a body.

- Having to wait for an icon to appear to jump over something. Unfortunately, the person playing that particular demo was not someone who had been playing the game for a year. If he was, he would know, as I do from only playing it for a weekend, that there are no context sensitive buttons other then the glass take down on the roof of the building. You can walk from one glass pane right on to the roof with nothing but the analog stick. The fact that he was a bit of an r-tard and rolled around like an idiot (on top of the fact that he jumped through the glass while there were two thugs there, taking out one and getting shot by the other) just makes him look dumb, not the game. Just like in Assassin's Creed, holding down the Climb/Run button will allow you to perform those actions without waiting for the screen pop.

You are right. This is a great game. But what most fail to understand is that unless it is a serious technical glitch... the things you are talking about are not flaws. They are preferences. The game works the way the devs want it to work.

Don't call someone an r-tard when you are one. First, you do have to wait for a context sensitive button to jump over a railing( I thought the dodge roll would do that for you)

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 01:56
yea, our buddys gone but he probably just went to the bathroom or something and that screaming must have been in our heads

Silent knockout, no? Okay.

scarecrow22
12th Aug 2009, 01:58
besides its not like you cant go through the room undetected, ive done it plenty of times

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 02:03

Hmmm, maybe for the next game. No?

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 02:09
I completely agree with this. People are just too damn critical over an amazing game that has been created. Plus, this is just the demo we are talking about. I can't stand it when people come on here just to bash the game with their first post. That means a number of things: 1) They haven't read anything more than likely about prior discussions...hence why this thread was created instead of using the designated demo thread, and 2) they just want to cause drama by trolling through forums. Don't you have anything better to do with your time?

At any rate, whether this will be closed or not, I have to speak my mind. People that want a PERFECT game should go develop their own damn game. Honestly, do you guys have ANY idea at the amount of work, manpower, time, effort that goes into making a video game? Let alone a game like Arkham Asylum? I'm pretty sure that this game has been YEARS in the making, and it is one of the more polished video games that we have ever seen. State of the art graphics/gameplay and just the feeling of being Batman. If you don't feel like it's worth your money ($60 is nothing for the hard work that all the people at Eidos and Rocksteady have put into giving us such an amazing game) then just don't buy it and stay silent. The whole "cape is clipping" and "why can't I do _______" posts are just annoying. Take the game for what it is, and stop complaining about how it isn't exactly the game that YOU want. If you don't like it, don't buy it and leave these forums. The world would be a much better place without you critical monkeys creating useless threads.

Now on the other hand, if there was a huge technical issue that is one thing. But I mean, complaining about how there isn't a way to automatically run...that's just a nuance that you are exploiting to try and find something wrong with the game. Enjoy it for what it is...I know I will :)

I'm trolling because I want to improve the game, are you serious? People like are the reason things don't improve. Also this isn't the most polished game I have ever seen so sit down and be quite:)

scarecrow22
12th Aug 2009, 02:13
i only dont like the idea of moving bodys because everyone would say "ohh they stole that"

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 02:15
i only dont like the idea of moving bodys because everyone would say "ohh they stole that"

Stole that from what? Every major stealth game lets you do this MGS,SC,Hitman,etc.

scarecrow22
12th Aug 2009, 02:19
well just look at it this way, batman is chasing down the joker so he really doesnt have time to find hiding spots for every body

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 02:25
well just look at it this way, batman is chasing down the joker so he really doesnt have time to find hiding spots for every body

Well like people said what if I want to place fear into the inmates? I mean I could place a body were a goon can find it than move it somewhere else which would freak out the goon.

scarecrow22
12th Aug 2009, 02:27
Well like people said what if I want to place fear into the inmates? I mean I could place a body were a goon can find it than move it somewhere else which would freak out the goon.

Hahaha ok you just got me on your side with that arguement

Onikudaki
12th Aug 2009, 03:20
My biggest issue with this game is that i can not for the life of me find the mouse sensitivity slider. The mouse is way to jerky for me. The game looks fantastic on my rig but its just to crazy trying to look around somtimes.

door noob
12th Aug 2009, 03:22
My biggest issue with this game is that i can not for the life of me find the mouse sensitivity slider. The mouse is way to jerky for me. The game looks fantastic on my rig but its just to crazy trying to look around somtimes.

Try the settings. :scratch:

DarkCrusader67
12th Aug 2009, 03:28
lol smart ass ^^

HorTyS
12th Aug 2009, 03:52

a valid point, but i don't know that it's that annoying...
2. Why do you have to press a button to run? The devs could of let the joystick control the speed of batman
that could lead to involuntary running & alerting the enemies. as it is, you can walk up behind an enemy without crouching undetected.
feel fine to me, though admittedly there should be a camera sensitivity adjustment option.
i've actually found that i've been able to jump over a railing without that prompt being visible. that, & if you've found yourself cornered like that, you kinda deserve a little frustration. :rasp:
it was said earlier, but it was a deliberate decision by the devs for the purpose of instilling fear into the other enemies. batman uses the enemies fear against them.
batman punches hard & loud :D

PS. this game is awesome, I don't think it sucks and I will get it on day 1.

you don't have to be on a gargoyle, as long as you're on an edge over a chasm you can glide off it.... :scratch:
i've been able to tell as long as i'm paying attention the enemy behavior. you'll see reactionary animations to them seeing you & they yell things about seeing you....
i don't think a batarang hitting the boiler would 'activate' it... there are other instances throughout the game where the batarang serve a purpose when used on objects in the environment, but admittedly emergent uses certainly wouldn't have been detrimental. who knows, maybe there ARE some uses similar to your example...
maybe your volume was low, but there are actually some heavy machinery or generators running (you see those big ovens/ boilers next to the enemies?) the ambient audio would mask your 'silent takedowns'.

BOOM! lawyered.

Hmmm, maybe so that his buddies wont find his body and start searching for me. Maybe I want to keep the inmates calm so I can stealth kill them all

in the demo's predator section, i've successfully taken out all enemies before anyone found another enemies bodies. it's all about being quick & efficient, it's all about being Batman.

Reeper0278
12th Aug 2009, 03:55

Don't Silent Takedown on ones whose paths intersect or are seen by others.

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 04:26
Don't Silent Takedown on ones whose paths intersect or are seen by others.

That's stupid, I should be able to silent takedown who I want and move the body.

Solidkill3r
12th Aug 2009, 04:36
That's stupid, I should be able to silent takedown who I want and move the body.

You do understand that not every game needs to be like Splinter Cell, right?.

whiston532
12th Aug 2009, 04:49
From my limited knowledge of Batman, he doesnt seem like the guy who hides bodies, i mean, theres issues with that.

1. Where are we gonna hide them, are we gonna have dumpsters or human sized lockers filling the asylum like gargoyels

2. Batman uses fear to defeat his opponents, and finding my buddies unconsious body would be worse than him dissapearing, i mean, if i find a body, i know that batman is in that very room, but if i cant find a guy, he might of very well gone elsewhere, therefore Batman might not be in the room, not as nervous

3. Batman isnt Sam Fisher, Sam has to get to a certain point without the bad guys even knowing hes there, Bats WANTS the guys to know theres someone stalking them, to strike fear in them to give him an advantage.

HorTyS
12th Aug 2009, 05:12

it all depends on your perspective. you're clearly in the mind-set that the stealth elements should play out in a very splinter cell/ metal gear style of leaving no traces, don't get me wrong, i'm as big a splinter cell fan as anyone here, but to me, & obviously other people in this forum who 'get' the way batman operates, thats just not his style. fear & intimidation are as much a part of batman's toolset as his batarangs or grapple gun. instilling fear into your enemies makes them nervous/ scared/ terrified & that leads to them making mistakes. as batman, that is the GOAL.

also, like i said, as you become more experienced with the game you can get to a point where you can take out all the dudes silently without alerting them to your presence at all. i can clear that demo predator section in under a minute without any of the enemies becoming alerted or finding each others unconscious bodies... i feel like your argument is fundamentally flawed, your complaint, without merit.... ;)

JustAnotherUser
12th Aug 2009, 05:35
thoughts of a thug in jokers army

after finding the 19th unconscious thug, i said to my self, "self, the worst he's gonna do is knock me unconscious, im gonna try and shot him him when i see him"

vs

nineteen of my fellow thugs have completely vanished, one was standing right next to me one second and was gone the next. We cant find them anywhere, are they dead? Being a ignorant cowardly criminal, i wonder if batman is some kind of demon who took them to hell! Im turning my self in before he gets me too!

ahhhhhh, shoot the flying demon!!!!!!

Onikudaki
12th Aug 2009, 05:37
Try the settings. :scratch:

Could you be a little more specific? I looked in the settings through the Game set up and I didn't see anything relating to the mouse sensitivity. Even through the options during the game....

I try and not waste the time of everyone here by asking a question that I haven’t first researched myself. Its either not there or I am completely blind.

vicsage
12th Aug 2009, 06:00
My problems with the game?

Well, so far all we have is the demo but...

...I think the soundtrack could have been a little more inspired. I mean it isn't bad but it just sounds like any other game music out there. Still, I'm sure there's much more music that may be excellent in the full game.

By the way, the demo is terrific.

AdamWest
12th Aug 2009, 06:03
Could you be a little more specific? I looked in the settings through the Game set up and I didn't see anything relating to the mouse sensitivity. Even through the options during the game....

I try and not waste the time of everyone here by asking a question that I haven’t first researched myself. Its either not there or I am completely blind.

It's not there, I downloaded it to my PC to check and in none of the setting is there anything for mouse sensitivity

Why So Serious ?
12th Aug 2009, 06:14
none

CaptainMcMulla
12th Aug 2009, 06:38
This game rules, as of yet, there are no complaints. But once i complete the full game, then i will come back.

Ensanguined Walls
12th Aug 2009, 06:44
I'd rather play the full version before I list my issues with this product.

dante13x11
12th Aug 2009, 06:54

I didn't read past the first page but you can glide freely just run off a ledge holding A or x or what ever pc is

HorTyS
12th Aug 2009, 08:07

you have to do it in the settings before actually launching into the demo itself. before clicking the 'play' option, adjust your settings accordingly, it cannot be done once you click "play"

edit: a friend of mine who has the pc version told me about this, i don't have the pc demo myself. he said there aren't mouse sensativity options though... but controls have to be re-mapped before launching the demo...

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 09:18
You do understand that not every game needs to be like Splinter Cell, right?.

No every game needs to be splinter cell, every.

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 09:20
I'd rather play the full version before I list my issues with this product.

Yeah because non of the issues I posted will be in the final product which is the demo.

Splinter47
12th Aug 2009, 09:22
it all depends on your perspective. you're clearly in the mind-set that the stealth elements should play out in a very splinter cell/ metal gear style of leaving no traces, don't get me wrong, i'm as big a splinter cell fan as anyone here, but to me, & obviously other people in this forum who 'get' the way batman operates, thats just not his style. fear & intimidation are as much a part of batman's toolset as his batarangs or grapple gun. instilling fear into your enemies makes them nervous/ scared/ terrified & that leads to them making mistakes. as batman, that is the GOAL.

also, like i said, as you become more experienced with the game you can get to a point where you can take out all the dudes silently without alerting them to your presence at all. i can clear that demo predator section in under a minute without any of the enemies becoming alerted or finding each others unconscious bodies... i feel like your argument is fundamentally flawed, your complaint, without merit.... ;)

Waste of time posting that and it's not flawed.

elbee909
12th Aug 2009, 10:59
Of course, if it included more of Splinter Cell's game mechanisms then it'd only be chided for ripping Splinter Cell. It's simply a different game.

Reecio
12th Aug 2009, 11:14
Splinter, stop trolling and/or spamming........... you can use multi quote u know, not use a new post of every quote!

12th Aug 2009, 14:13
My problems have moved from the game to the relentless fanboy trolls that are running rampant across this forum claiming to be against trolling but are in fact trolling themselves,denying people their right to an opinion,that's a far bigger concern to me at the moment.This is a forum for the game and for better,or for worse,we are entitled to speak and who knows,when Batman 2 rolls around,all our problems with the first game will have been answered which won't happen if 'certain' people go about these forums tearing anyone down who has a (constuctive)criticism they'd like acknowledged

Strife2k7
12th Aug 2009, 14:35
I'll agree that no game <yes, including this one> is perfect. There's always room for improvement, although I personally don't feel I can comment on it until I've played through the entire game and spent some real time with the gameplay mechanics and story. The limited taste offered us by the demo just isn't enough for me to form a solid opinion other than it reinforces my decision to actually purchase the game and give it a fair shot.

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
12th Aug 2009, 14:55
I love everything about this game except for one thing .... I wish the environment was a little more interactive. When you throw a batarang at a lamp, coffee mug, or light it just bounces off. haha it like everything is glued down and made of some in destructible material. They did such a great job with the TV destruction (when you break it there's a spider web effect and you can still see some of the video in the snow) ... I just wish the environment was a little of interactive .... BUT it wont effect the game at all so it doesnt really matter .... CANT WAIT FOR THE FULL GAME ... it will def. be the only game I play for a long long time

whiston532
12th Aug 2009, 15:42
My problems have moved from the game to the relentless fanboy trolls that are running rampant across this forum claiming to be against trolling but are in fact trolling themselves,denying people their right to an opinion,that's a far bigger concern to me at the moment.This is a forum for the game and for better,or for worse,we are entitled to speak and who knows,when Batman 2 rolls around,all our problems with the first game will have been answered which won't happen if 'certain' people go about these forums tearing anyone down who has a (constuctive)criticism they'd like acknowledged

Were having a debate, you know ? When to people or groups have different opinions and they both express them. Our opinion is that wedisagree with him. Were stating our opinion.

Hall E Woode
12th Aug 2009, 16:10

I third that. Batman's not in the center of the frame, blocking the operator's view, but we can still see him, unlike a FPS. I wouldn't feel like Batman otherwise.

HOWEVER -- you can push the right joystick in to completely see from Batman's POV, and you can move around in that viewpoint. It'll automatically pull back when you run/punch/etc. I have played like that a bit, and it is fun (really cool for detective mode), but I like seeing the ears. :)

Onikudaki
12th Aug 2009, 18:03
you have to do it in the settings before actually launching into the demo itself. before clicking the 'play' option, adjust your settings accordingly, it cannot be done once you click "play"

edit: a friend of mine who has the pc version told me about this, i don't have the pc demo myself. he said there aren't mouse sensativity options though... but controls have to be re-mapped before launching the demo...

Right and thats what i did. you go to the game set up through the start menu. however there is no mouse sensitivity slider???

HorTyS
12th Aug 2009, 21:45
Waste of time posting that and it's not flawed.
my points where much more valid then yours, so it wasn't a waste of time, & your argument is flawed. you say we should be able to hide bodies just because thats what you personally want to do. that is a major flaw in your argument. that is not what batman would do & this game is about being batman. i bet you're super pissed you can't hide bodies in splinter cell conviction then huh? :lol:

Right and thats what i did. you go to the game set up through the start menu. however there is no mouse sensitivity slider???

huh, well sorry man, i can't help ya. like i said it was my friend telling me about it as i don't actually have the pc demo. guess you'll just have to adapt to that sensitivity...

robinsnotstupid
12th Aug 2009, 22:16
[QUOTE=HorTyS;1116816]my points where much more valid then yours, so it wasn't a waste of time, & your argument is flawed. you say we should be able to hide bodies just because thats what you personally want to do. that is a major flaw in your argument. that is not what batman would do & this game is about being batman. i bet you're super pissed you can't hide bodies in splinter cell conviction then huh? :lol:=QUOTE]

batman would hide bodies, why do you think he wouldn't.

what would be scarier to you, you turn around and your friends are gone, or you turn around and they are asleep? when they are gone, you don't know what will happen to you when you end up like them. when their knocked out, you know you will be knocked out.

you cant hide bodies in this game because there is no darkness to hide them in.

JawsFanJesse
12th Aug 2009, 22:34
Batman Dosen't hide the Bodies so he could build up FEAR! Muah Ha ha ha ha ha!

Reeper0278
13th Aug 2009, 02:36
The only problem I see is the fact the the thugs almost always, or always, grabs their head unrealistically when they are knocked out or taken down

The Sc4recrow
13th Aug 2009, 02:38
The only problem I see is the fact the the thugs almost always, or always, grabs their head unrealistically when they are knocked out or taken down

Yeah, what's up with that? Looks like they are laying down on the beach relaxing and getting a tan when they fall down.

batmanthedarkknight
13th Aug 2009, 03:34
1)It has not come out yet
2)It has not come out yet
and 3)It has not come out yet

Splinter47
13th Aug 2009, 11:12
my points where much more valid then yours, so it wasn't a waste of time, & your argument is flawed. you say we should be able to hide bodies just because thats what you personally want to do. that is a major flaw in your argument. that is not what batman would do & this game is about being batman. i bet you're super pissed you can't hide bodies in splinter cell conviction then huh? :lol:

huh, well sorry man, i can't help ya. like i said it was my friend telling me about it as i don't actually have the pc demo. guess you'll just have to adapt to that sensitivity...

And again it's not flawed. I gave an idea of what batman could do by being able to move bodies in another comment

Edit: was it said you can't hide bodies in SC or did you just watch a video and see no one move a body and got your answer from that?

Splinter47
13th Aug 2009, 11:19
Of course, if it included more of Splinter Cell's game mechanisms then it'd only be chided for ripping Splinter Cell. It's simply a different game.

The only thing I see this game being similar to SC is by being able to sneak. How would adding moving bodies make it seem like it's ripping off SC completely?

BBboy20
13th Aug 2009, 11:36
Another thing to point out that Batsy isn't infiltrating enemy lines, he's cleaning house; sneaking from A to B is pointless if you still have hostiles roaming around ready to endanger any friendlies inbound so yeah, what's the point hiding bodies if they know their dealing with a superhero that they should fear? Yeah, he's human but not exactly realistically fragile either.

Cirap
13th Aug 2009, 11:44
the graphics options don't have the options for Anti-Aliasing on ATI hardware. possibly fixed for the retail game, or in a future ATI driver update.

ATI graphics are capable of AA an Arkham Asylum if you change the name of the .exe to ut3.exe or bioshock.exe so I don't really see why Rocksteady decided to omitt it in the first place

Mani-Man
13th Aug 2009, 11:52
Okay now it starts to bug me,i still cant talk to the doctor a second time after i beat zsasz.everytime i try it,it doesnt work i can talk to her before i go to zsasz but the second time when she talks to the guard i cant press the X button(ps3) and talk to her whats up with that?

Henke123
13th Aug 2009, 12:01
the graphics options don't have the options for Anti-Aliasing on ATI hardware. possibly fixed for the retail game, or in a future ATI driver update.

ATI graphics are capable of AA an Arkham Asylum if you change the name of the .exe to ut3.exe or bioshock.exe so I don't really see why Rocksteady decided to omitt it in the first placeI don't think ATI users will be able to use AA without forcing through CCC or using 3DAnalyze.
It looks like nvidia payed them to not allow AA on ATI-cards, but I could be wrong.