PDA

View Full Version : BMP Count

DiamondBlade
11th Aug 2009, 13:08
What's the bmp. count for? Is is possible to scare an enemy into a state of fear beyond Terrified? Does an enemy that is brought to a number of bmp's beyond the number of bmp's in the Terrified condition pass out?

Nightwing
11th Aug 2009, 13:17
Don't think so, but you can scare them to the point at which they do some seriously stupid stuff. Like one I saw blindly fired into the air while his friend told him to screw himself before running off to try and hide from me..... fun times.

Lxndr77
11th Aug 2009, 16:50
What's the bmp. count for? Is is possible to scare an enemy into a state of fear beyond Terrified? Does an enemy that is brought to a number of bmp's beyond the number of bmp's in the Terrified condition pass out?

i think its BPM as in beats per minute
the faster an enemy's heart beats the more freaked out they are but I don't think you can scare them into submission

JMCA
11th Aug 2009, 16:51
Had a few glitches in the demo were the BMP doesn't rise at all no matter what I do, hope its fixed in the full game.

Strife2k7
11th Aug 2009, 16:52
Once they get to a certain level, even if they're armed you can drop out of nowhere and they'll noticibly cringe and cower before forcing themselves to act. It's a delay of a full second or two, easily enough time to enjoy their terror before you bludgeon them with your fists.

JMCA
11th Aug 2009, 16:58
Once they get to a certain level, even if they're armed you can drop out of nowhere and they'll noticibly cringe and cower before forcing themselves to act. It's a delay of a full second or two, easily enough time to enjoy their terror before you bludgeon them with your fists.

I know that, but for some reason the BMP count still doesn't rise, it just keeps them at a nervous state, never gets to terrified, and this is on the last thug left :scratch:

DiamondBlade
11th Aug 2009, 17:01
@Strife2k7: Does it happen automatically once they enter the Terrified state?

HenryundertheC
11th Aug 2009, 17:01
when their condition is terrified you can walk out on them and they'll coward in fear or panic.
@JMCA thats probably because you did many silent takedowns without them finding the bodies.

Batz-R-Us
11th Aug 2009, 17:02
While playing the demo earlier today I picked off all but one of the thugs in the last room, and for a while I was just sitting there on the gargoyles scaring him, I noticed that he was terrified (BMP count was 150+) and he was shooting randomly around the room in a panic. Also there was a bit where he accidently activated a boiler which freaked him out even more hahah.

Strife2k7
11th Aug 2009, 17:03
Well, it helps if they actually see that all their comrades have been taken out. Although I have managed to spook a guy into the terrified state by repeatedly tormenting him. <Glide kick him for example and then grapple away and allow him to get up>, throwing batarangs that shatter beside or behind him. I never ran into a situation where I couldn't frighten the guy, although I'm not saying it isn't possible for that bug to exist. May simply not have happened to me yet.

edit: @diamondblade: I can't say that it happens to every terrified thug, but I have forced it to occur on a few occasions through the methods I list above. Once they're terrified, they'll cringe at the sight of you.

DiamondBlade
11th Aug 2009, 17:09
Thanks a bunch, Strife2k7.

Mani-Man
11th Aug 2009, 17:29

I did that and the coolest thing was i knocked that guy out with a roundhouse kick that would make chuck norris jealous!:D

But it would be so cool if they would drop thier guns and run away,but still its pretty cool to see those big mean guys get terrified because of the GODDAMN BATMAN:D:D