PDA

View Full Version : JustCause.com ... it's coming! **UPDATED**

mycoldman
11th Aug 2009, 12:33
Like, on Thursday*. Yes, the official website for Just Cause 2 (www.justcause.com (http://www.justcause.com)) will finally launch onto the internets this week!*

**UPDATE**

Due to a last minute technical hitch caused by a couple of gremlins that snuck in over night, the site will now go live on Monday 17th August at 2pm GMT. Sorry chaps, but I'm going to be adding extra goodies to its pages in the meantime to make up for it.

As we head towards release, JustCause.com will be the main resource for all the latest news and information on the game - including the latest screenshots, videos and announcements, along with exclusive behind-the-scenes features and awesome new content such as developer blogs, interviews, videos, podcasts and more. If it’s Rico-flavoured, it’ll be there. We hope you will too.

http://img22.imageshack.us/img22/7568/justcausewebsite.jpg

We’ll also be adding plenty more features to the site as we go, making it the essential companion to your game experience. Explore the tropical island of Panau and fully prepare yourself for the chaos that awaits you prior to the game launch, and then after that, take your experience to terrifying new heights with our in-depth game stats drastically changing the way you play the game. Though more on that a little later.

All this and I’ve barely mentioned you guys, the Community. JustCause.com serves as the central nervous system of the Just Cause 2 community, incorporating these official forums and offering opportunities for you to get involved in a vast amount of ways. Whether it’s speaking directly to the team working on the game, bickering with your community manager (!) or entering once in a lifetime competitions (no, really), you’ll never be short of things to do between grabbing the latest game news and updates, and chatting with others.

So mark it down on your calendars, this Thursday* JustCause.com goes live and its gonna be a doozy. Be sure to drop by and sign yourself up. We’ve literally so much planned and we don’t want you to miss out.

Love,
The Just Cause 2 Team.

*See UPDATE, we goofed. Lol.

chip5541
11th Aug 2009, 12:46
Super sweet! :thumb:

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
11th Aug 2009, 14:25
Great! Can't wait to see all the stuff!

The Gunney
11th Aug 2009, 19:05
Cool :D

Hobodealer
11th Aug 2009, 19:21
Awesome :cool: DID YOU SEE THAT JET ON THE PICTURE!!!?

QCypher
11th Aug 2009, 22:29
Man, this site is gonna be sweet. Cant wait!

FOBfan1995
12th Aug 2009, 04:36
Yes!!! Finally!!!

roundeye
12th Aug 2009, 04:59
This is *GREAT* news!

Keir/mycoldman - any chance that the release date will be announced when the site launches, or maybe at GamesCom in a few weeks?

PoorBison
12th Aug 2009, 07:44
Awesome, and we get our first snapshot of the box art in the top left of the page screenshot there!

mycoldman
12th Aug 2009, 08:24
[QUOTE=roundeye;1115496]This is *GREAT* news!

Keir/mycoldman - any chance that the relea

dark_angel_7
12th Aug 2009, 10:04
Oh site is up on Monday? :( Ah well drop us some goodies instead Mike ;)

PoorBison
12th Aug 2009, 11:14
Ah well, the extra goodies will more than make up for this small delay!

Oh and, while you are here mycoldman, I was wondering if perhaps you could shed some light in regard to the situation about the Stirling STL-3 Octavio plane in Just Cause! I'm not sure if you are aware of the fairly major following it got from its mention in the game guide, and appearance in some screenshots, but a whole load of people were searching for it! Apparently it was removed from the game, but what have you to say about any such inclusion of it in Just Cause 2? Are there any plans that you know of?

Just checkin' :)

mycoldman
12th Aug 2009, 11:59
Ah the Octavio! :)

I do hope we've not seen the last of that. Rest assured at this point, on vehicles alone - Just Cause 2 gives you plenty to get excited about.

roundeye
12th Aug 2009, 13:33
I wouldn't expect such an announcement oat GamesCom i'm afraid. I would however, be expecting other goodies...

Thank you, my good man!

...not knowing a definitive release date for this BEAST of a game is killing me, however!! :nut:

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
12th Aug 2009, 14:10
Pretty little strange fighter in pic! Cant be more excited about vehicles and all!

QCypher
12th Aug 2009, 15:04
Ive seen that jet in the screenshot somewhere before...I just dont remember what its called....

Hobodealer
12th Aug 2009, 18:24
Man, this sites gonna have new gameplay videos and everything. Thanks for putting in additional content for the delay!

chain94
12th Aug 2009, 22:42
Gigity gigity, oh right :cool::D

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
13th Aug 2009, 21:41
Damn gremlins! They must work for EA...
Damn EA!! You all be tormented by censored immortal civilians forever!!
The Almighty Dual Hook has spoken.

chain94
13th Aug 2009, 21:59
Damn gremlins! They must work for EA...
Damn EA!! You all be tormented by censored immortal civilians forever!!
The Almighty Dual Hook has spoken.

yeah, what you said

FOBfan1995
14th Aug 2009, 02:37
When do we get to see something new on the site?

PoorBison
14th Aug 2009, 04:36
When do we get to see something new on the site?Monday 17th August at 2pm GMT.

Carstien
14th Aug 2009, 20:31
I want it now!!

FOBfan1995
14th Aug 2009, 21:07
I meant the extra goodies to make up for it not being on time.

The Gunney
16th Aug 2009, 00:42
I can't wait oh, btw Poor Bison weren't you on the Mercs 2 forums as well because I was there too.

PoorBison
16th Aug 2009, 10:07
Yeah I'm over there to :) You are probably the fourth person to ask me that, hehe.

I'm alot nicer here though, I seem to act rather cynical over that place. I guess it has a different atmosphere...

mycoldman
17th Aug 2009, 10:20
*sheepishly walks in, head low*

Hey guys, it looks like I've some bad news - though nothing life threatening. It just looks as though the Just Cause 2 website won't actually be hitting the internet quite when we planned. :S Instead it's likely to now go live tomorrow... but I'm dmaned if I'm gonna build you up and put a definite on that. I'm sorry. We're working round the clock to iron out the creases, and it'll be more than worth the wait when it finally arrives... tomorrow (see I've done it again!).

Hang in there, chaps. I'll keep you posted on here as much as I can. Or if you're more the twitter type, you can follow me behind the scenes here (http://twitter.com/mycoldman)*

*Though i make no apologies for my inane ramblings.

PoorBison
17th Aug 2009, 10:51
No worries! We can wait for this website for as long as it takes, any day before Friday would suit us all, I'm sure.

Any day after, and you can meet what we call an angry mob! :p

QCypher
17th Aug 2009, 12:03
Ya dont sweat it. A website is a hard thing to get perfect. Take your time and it will be worth the wait!

chip5541
17th Aug 2009, 13:06
http://images.dailyradar.com/media/uploads/stock/story_large/2009/03/19/angry_mob_simpsons.jpg;)

:whistle:

roundeye
17th Aug 2009, 14:22
*sheepishly walks in, head low*

Hey guys, it looks like I've some bad news - though nothing life threatening. It just looks as though the Just Cause 2 website won't actually be hitting the internet quite when we planned. :S Instead it's likely to now go live tomorrow... but I'm dmaned if I'm gonna build you up and put a definite on that. I'm sorry. We're working round the clock to iron out the creases, and it'll be more than worth the wait when it finally arrives... tomorrow (see I've done it again!).

Hang in there, chaps. I'll keep you posted on here as much as I can. Or if you're more the twitter type, you can follow me behind the scenes here (http://twitter.com/mycoldman)*

*Though i make no apologies for my inane ramblings.

..how about slipping us a release date for the game, on the low-low, to make up for it?! (we won't tell a soul)

mycoldman
17th Aug 2009, 14:41
..how about slipping us a release date for the game, on the low-low, to make up for it?! (we won't tell a soul)

Good thinking... how about...

Shhhh...

Zombie Fred
17th Aug 2009, 15:21

Shhhh...

2010 is going to be an absolute killer for my wallet next year, there are so many games coming in each season, it's just mind blowing that it could potentially top 2007 as a golden year for gaming. I also doubt 2010 is going to clinch some of the people's thirst here, they will try and soak up any information they can get and I don't blame them :p I am looking forward to the next press release for this however, the more information the merrier.

roundeye
17th Aug 2009, 16:06

Shhhh...

..can't blame a guy for trying, right?!

(I'll give it another few days, and maybe give 'er a go again, lol)

FOBfan1995
17th Aug 2009, 18:25
This kinda sucks but I can wait. We know it's not your fault mycoldman.

Hobodealer
17th Aug 2009, 18:49
That's Cool, It's understandable that a good website takes time. I just hope there will be no more delays.

PS. 2010?! OMG, I never knew that!!!

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
17th Aug 2009, 19:46
Don't worry men! Delay more, delay minus... The game was supposed to be released in 2008. If there is something we can do is waiting for you :mad::D:mad::D:rasp:

CentroX
18th Aug 2009, 14:40
hopefully the webpage comes up today

Hobodealer
18th Aug 2009, 15:52
Yh I've been on 3 times today and it's not on here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad2:

mycoldman
18th Aug 2009, 16:04
We're still beavering away. It'll be coming soon, but perhaps not today.
Currently I'm being told no later than tomorrow.

Hobodealer
18th Aug 2009, 16:06
Ok, thanks for the update.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
18th Aug 2009, 17:01

http://sobrecomic.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/el-increible-hulk.jpg

mycoldman
18th Aug 2009, 17:05
gulp.

roundeye
18th Aug 2009, 19:01
gulp.

I'd be gulping in fear, too - but only for the reason that his tiny purple shorts might rip :(

slayer925
19th Aug 2009, 04:56
lol hey mycoldman any chance of a new develpoer walkthrough maybe show a diffrent mission with some underwater gameply of diffrent terrain gameplay

beethamwest
19th Aug 2009, 08:38
Hopefully today will be the day for this website to unleash some magic

Having been waiting for JC2 ever since number 1, i have regulary visited these forums, and having checked out this new 'Visit Panau' trailer, theres 1 image that excites me. Its about 8 seconds in, where the ski lift is heading up from 1 station to the next, and in the far backdrop you can see a small city centre.

This image however makes me wish skiing was apart of the game, how cool that would be.

But still, minus the red highlighting of opponents when being shot at, this will rock most gamers worlds.

Hobodealer
19th Aug 2009, 10:37
There were some sweet images in that video. I really hope the website comes up today!!!

mycoldman
19th Aug 2009, 11:07
It's all looking good. I'm pretty sure the website will be up in the next couple of hours. :D

CentroX
19th Aug 2009, 12:13
it is up :D

sweet screenshots

chip5541
19th Aug 2009, 13:38

Nice beaver

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080613/naked-gun_l.jpg

roundeye
19th Aug 2009, 13:41
Nice beaver

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080613/naked-gun_l.jpg

Classic!

...so, tomorrow's now today - how's the beaver lookin'?

chip5541
19th Aug 2009, 14:17
BTW. in regards to the site. When registering and asked which is your favorite Eidos game, both Battlestations: Pacific and Batman Arkham Asylum is missing from the options ;)

FOBfan1995
19th Aug 2009, 14:51
What happens when you register?

chain94
19th Aug 2009, 15:27
it is up :D

sweet screenshots

is it up or not? if it is then i cant figure out how to get to it.

awesome_man
19th Aug 2009, 15:34
it's up...and it is awesome

Acid_Burn
19th Aug 2009, 15:36
Finally! It's very nice :) I like.
But... when i tried to enter the competition i didn't find my country :(

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
19th Aug 2009, 16:33
Awesome! I saw a Berkut! Or some kind of prototype, but a Berkut!
I love the vertical gameplay vid

awesome_man
19th Aug 2009, 18:08
yeah i kno...its sweet!!!

Hobodealer
19th Aug 2009, 18:27
Yay finally, thanks to everyone who helped make it. Awesome

justcause
19th Aug 2009, 18:28
The site only works when I view it on my ipod touch but on my computer its the same site it has been for months, with the scorpion and the buttons for 'FORUMS' and 'REGISTER' :S . Anyone know why?

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
19th Aug 2009, 20:18
The site only works when I view it on my ipod touch but on my computer its the same site it has been for months, with the scorpion and the buttons for 'FORUMS' and 'REGISTER' :S . Anyone know why?

That's odd, try removing cockies, temp files or something

chip5541
19th Aug 2009, 22:30

What browser and version are you using?

awesome_man
19th Aug 2009, 23:10
im using internet explorer and it was fine...but i coundnt go on at my friends house...maybe u just have a bad connection or something??

PoorBison
20th Aug 2009, 04:48
The site only works when I view it on my ipod touch but on my computer its the same site it has been for months, with the scorpion and the buttons for 'FORUMS' and 'REGISTER' :S . Anyone know why?How on earth had that username not been taken yet? Nice! :D

Try clearing your broswer cache.

Hobodealer
20th Aug 2009, 08:37
Maybe you need to update to Windows Explorer 8?

mycoldman
20th Aug 2009, 09:26
It's most likely the cache, so I don't imagine the website will have sprung up for everyone at the same time.

justcause
21st Aug 2009, 15:52
Thanks for all the help, the website is working for me now. I have to say, it was worth the wait :D

deathlaroy
15th Oct 2009, 02:16
best website ever!

ninjapanda
15th Oct 2009, 04:48
hey Mycoldman do you think that you could give us a release date for the game with the actual day

PoorBison
15th Oct 2009, 04:57
hey Mycoldman do you think that you could give us a release date for the game with the actual dayIf he knew, you don't think he would've already given it to us? :)

chickenchief
15th Oct 2009, 07:34
Even though mycoldman is a community manager i dont think he he has the power to give us information on a whim. :P

mycoldman
15th Oct 2009, 13:28
we have no set date for release at this time other than the already stated early 2010. The second we're ready to make an official announcement of the date, I'll be shouting it from just about everywhere.

There's a lot of things that can effect the date, and at the moment our focus is making the best damn game possible.

Rest assured though, you'll not have too much longer to wait.

CentroX
15th Oct 2009, 14:17
take you time, I want this game to get awesome reviews

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
15th Oct 2009, 19:51
take you time, I want this game to get awesome reviews

NO! I want this game to be awesome! If it gets awesome reviews it only means that eidos has paid the damn corrupted reviewers!

polimerjones
21st Oct 2009, 02:08
agreed. dont make it to perfect though, then there would be no reason to make Jc3. :thumb:

HavokBR
21st Oct 2009, 03:19
agreed. dont make it to perfect though, then there would be no reason to make Jc3. :thumb:

That´s not a good way to think :rasp:

PoorBison
21st Oct 2009, 03:24
I think it would be good if Just Cause 2 was perfect, because then for Just Cause 3 they don't have to much work on improving the previous one, they only have to add new features and a few upgrades and will have much more time to do so.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
21st Oct 2009, 20:14
I think it would be good if Just Cause 2 was perfect, because then for Just Cause 3 they don't have to much work on improving the previous one, they only have to add new features and a few upgrades and will have much more time to do so.

I was gonna say the same