PDA

View Full Version : B:AA Health system

H8_is_Bad
10th Aug 2009, 19:31
Does anyone know how batman recovers health in this game? In the demo there doesn't seem to be any pickups to recover health.

Let me first say that i do not suck @ this game.. i got damaged by the gun toting goons on purpose to see if my health would regenerate but it doesn't so i'm wondering if anyone has found a way to recover health in the demo?

Also if there is no way to recover health in the demo then how do you guys think batman will recover health?

angleslam99
10th Aug 2009, 19:32
After you finish off a group of thugs you regenerate a little bit of health. It's not like Halo or Call of Duty. Plus that wouldn't make things fun either.

H8_is_Bad
10th Aug 2009, 20:04
After you finish off a group of thugs you regenerate a little bit of health. It's not like Halo or Call of Duty. Plus that wouldn't make things fun either.

That seems pretty cool i guess i was hoping for pickups to regain health tho.. Oh well the game is hella fun anyways.

Why So Serious ?
10th Aug 2009, 20:06
i personally don't like the fact the you regain health after defeating people...

H8_is_Bad
10th Aug 2009, 20:21
i personally don't like the fact the you regain health after defeating people...

Same here but it will probaly come in handy on hard mode.

DarkKnightDanny
10th Aug 2009, 20:30

im completely the opposite, id rather have post combat regen, much more realistic than " ah cool a medium health pack! way better than a small health pack!"

Old_BenKenobi
10th Aug 2009, 20:45
It seems to me that you gain health based on the experience you recieve.

Davyj0nez2893
10th Aug 2009, 21:28
In Arkham Asylum health is directly tied to experience gained. Next time you play the demo, get hurt a little and then knock out some goons. When your xp meter fills, so will your health

Resolve
10th Aug 2009, 21:39
Hell yeah, i also wondered about regaining health.

I support the kill to heal method.

I love tense moments where i have 1 hit left and i have to kill a group of guys in order to pass the level.

batfan08
10th Aug 2009, 22:17
Wouldn't it suck if we couldn't regain health?

supermanslayer
10th Aug 2009, 23:12
as you get xp it also increases your health thats why you get a bit after a fight.

The Sc4recrow
10th Aug 2009, 23:15
After you fight the two henchmen before going after Zsasz it says that you regain health from incapacitating enemies and finding secrets, trophies, etc. for XP.

Old_BenKenobi
10th Aug 2009, 23:25
Hell yeah, i also wondered about regaining health.

I support the kill to heal method.

I love tense moments where i have 1 hit left and i have to kill a group of guys in order to pass the level.

I've had a few of those in the demo. Always satisfying.

H8_is_Bad
11th Aug 2009, 01:25
In Arkham Asylum health is directly tied to experience gained. Next time you play the demo, get hurt a little and then knock out some goons. When your xp meter fills, so will your health

Awesome! Thats a cool way for bats to regain health much better than auto regain.. Tho i'm not sure what would be better health pick ups or regain after defeating enemies. One health system i really love is the one from the God of War series.