PDA

View Full Version : Eidos, We know it wouldn't be easy, but this game NEEDS co-op!

Fenderstratdave
9th Aug 2009, 18:29
Now, speaking as a huge fan of the original games as well as a HUGE fan of Eidos and Avalanche Studios, because of their innovative ideas and how they truly listen to suggestions from their fan base, I think you guys MUST throw in a two player co-op mode. I know that it's not as simple as 1, 2, 3, but in my opinion, I think that it would go down VERY well with all the big game magazines, reviewers, etc. and it would REALLY go down well with the players! It's a feature like co-op that separates the great games from the outstanding games, and personally, I don't think I'd mind waiting a few extra months for a co-op mode! And I think that there are plenty other Just Cause fans who would agree, and say if they knew that the game would be delayed in order to throw in a co-op mode, they wouldn't mind the wait!

I want you guys to succeed, because if there is one company who has truly earned the success for so many AWESOME games, it's Eidos. I'm going to be buying this game regardless of whether or not it has co-op, but remember: a co-op would DRAMATICALLY impact the views of reviewers and magazines such as Game Informer, as well as imortant co-op exclusive websites such as Co-Optimus, and in turn, it means more people will flock to grab this game, and you know what that means =D

$$$$$$

Just a suggestion!

Hobodealer
9th Aug 2009, 21:00
Im not saying its a bad idea, but Edios have already confirmed there will be no CO-OP. As much as you plead, chances are slim. Sorry

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
10th Aug 2009, 14:17
No co-op is confirmed, as much as we would like it and I personally think it wouldn`t be so hard to implement (maybe not two Ricos but a skin of an ally...), but sadly it's already confirmed.

coomber
10th Aug 2009, 15:52
I'd rather the single-player game was all they focussed on. Not interested in co-op at all.

QCypher
10th Aug 2009, 20:45
Ya I just played Mercs 2 with a friend. While its not the best game. Coop is fun. I was just coming here to ask the same question.

slayer925
11th Aug 2009, 03:45
i would love to see a coop mode in just cause 2 but if they couldn't do it it is a neat idea if they release it as dlc or release it just cause 3

Hobodealer
11th Aug 2009, 19:40
No co-op is confirmed, as much as we would like it and I personally think it wouldn`t be so hard to implement (maybe not two Ricos but a skin of an ally...), but sadly it's already confirmed.

Actually on the Interveiws with Edios, they have confirmed No CO-OP

chain94
13th Aug 2009, 21:09
NO CO-OP !??!?!

that makes me a very unhappy panda.

Hobodealer
14th Aug 2009, 09:49
Panda? :nut:

Zombie Fred
17th Aug 2009, 13:42
"Good things come to those who wait"- A nice proverb to follow when it comes to future releases. As long Just Cause grows into a nice franchise, the higher time on rising the bar in production values and its innovative game play, you can expect to see a chance of having co-op in this crazy sand box :p

Hobodealer
17th Aug 2009, 18:59
I'm sure (if it happens) that Just Cause 3 will have CO-OP.

Sadistic_Sandbox_Player
23rd Jan 2010, 16:03
i want co-op lol whats stoping a DLC they'll hv plenty of time make it after release

Hey, as it seems you like resurrecting the dead, would you like to revive my vtol rant thread? It's somewhere in the second page now (I think), and it's not that old

Bosco
23rd Jan 2010, 16:15
Yeah, it'd be great to be able to explore around even if you couldn't do missions are stuff like that co-op. Just imagine the madness 2 people could Cause with the tethers! :D
(See what I did there :))

dharma54
23rd Jan 2010, 16:23
Hey, as it seems you like resurrecting the dead, would you like to revive my vtol rant thread? It's somewhere in the second page now (I think), and it's not that old

yer wade keeps on dragging up the past,

HHDnBKing!
23rd Jan 2010, 17:11
Actually on the Interveiws with Edios, they have confirmed No CO-OP

That's what Sadistic Sandbox player said 'No Coop is confirmed' :confused:

Forsinain42
23rd Jan 2010, 17:17
Grumbles to self about nothing ever needing coop.

HHDnBKing!
23rd Jan 2010, 17:19
yer wade keeps on dragging up the past,

Jeeze it don't stop does it, his signature should be 'I just can't wait'!

ST1G 111
23rd Jan 2010, 22:34
no, he's right it should have co-op i would do bombing runs on the place where my mate is liberating. i know that it probely (yes i know i spelt it wrong) won't have co-op im just saying that it would be VERY cool to mess around in, increasing the hours of gameplay by a long way!, if a admin was going to reply to this thread can you tell us if the possibility of co-op has been completely ruled out, why, and would it be that hard to split the screen and create a another rico based character?

numbah110
23rd Jan 2010, 22:45
Maybe it will be in Just Cause 3.

Steeve
23rd Jan 2010, 22:49
If there was a possibilty of co-op, which i know there deffo isn't, i don't think they should delay the game just for that.
Some people are tearing their hair out waiting for this game.
They should make it a patch, or DLC if it were to happen, but it isn't, so never mind, the game is going to be immense anyway :D

jtr7
24th Jan 2010, 06:44
Do the people who want Multi-Player added to a Single-Player have any concept of how making two games in one costs more money to make, takes more time and resources and playtesting, and without the extra resources, both games' suffer for it?

chickenchief
24th Jan 2010, 07:29
So many co-op/multiplay threads! Argh rantrant

JakeD.Parker
24th Jan 2010, 07:46
okay the option is, no multilayer of any sort, and get it on the set release date or wait another 1 - 2 years, for multiplayer? i think ill rather not have it, besides, theres to much to do in this game already :)

Nuke1st
24th Jan 2010, 08:32
Look, they can't delay a game which already has a release date secondly, if they were to be a coop the engine would have to be able to support it meaning changes, if they are going to release a coop it will be realized as a game update or addon, I would love a coop but the chances of them delaying the release to add something that was not meant for JC2 are very slim, I ask eidos that they make an addon for later release, 2 months is long enough to wait. The release has been delayed too many times already

dharma54
24th Jan 2010, 09:04
okay the option is, no multilayer of any sort, and get it on the set release date or wait another 1 - 2 years, for multiplayer? i think ill rather not have it, besides, theres to much to do in this game already :)

yer leave it for sp only.its nice to see a developer concentrating all their efforts on the lone player,its very rare these days.

tpsims
24th Jan 2010, 10:55
well.. if they dont want to have to set up the whole server/programming thing for online Co-op, they could just add-in a split-screen function, my bro and I would have SOOOO much fun together, 1 of us going into a base in a tank, and another by air would be AWESOME:cool:
We both wish that other games like GTA4 and Mercs2 had split-screen functions:mad2: