PDA

View Full Version : Ventus, Terra, or Aqua: who's your favorite protagonist?

Bhalditar
30th May 2012, 23:59
In KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, you play as three different protagonists: Ventus, Terra, and Aqua -- ten years before the events of the original KINGDOM HEARTS. Each of these characters travels to the same worlds over the course of their narratives, but it's safe to say that their stories are quite different. So which of these three heroes is your favorte? Who was the most relatable? Who was the strongest? Who was the most fun to play?

This is your soapbox. Have at it!

Marluxia
31st May 2012, 00:03
Easy question!

Aqua. I'm a big magic user and she was ideal :P

FrozenReine
31st May 2012, 00:23
Aqua, hands down. She's easily the most relatable and the one you see the most emotion out of, on top of having a play style that just clicked with me. I had difficulty playing as Ven and Terra after playing her because she seemed more balanced to me.

Summoner
31st May 2012, 00:29
I enjoyed Aqua, I knew she would've been my favorite by watching the 1st trailer of Birth by Sleep.

member_10191587
31st May 2012, 00:47
Terra on all four questions there is no one better then him. Right from the start I knew he was going to be my main man to go to if I wanted the job done. Between dark impulse mode, high defense and power getting rid of the enimes was not a problem at all for him.

kristadoodle
31st May 2012, 01:18
Ven was definitely the best! His story and all his conflicts was the heart of the game. Oh. And he is the most balanced between Terra and aqua.

member_10803211
31st May 2012, 01:34
Aqua was my favorite, and there was just so much about her that I liked. She was a well rounded character for the most part, even being the typical magic class. That and just the part she plays towards the end of the game and the choices she makes were really powerful and overall reflective of her character and personality.

Automaton
31st May 2012, 01:40
I'm playing through the game again recently, a Proud Mode run!

In terms of story, it's either Ventus or Aqua, but Terra is the most fun mechanically. It's hard to not have fun tearing through enemies with a Chaos Ripper and he gets an awesome last battle theme to boot.

member_10073902
31st May 2012, 03:04
Definitely Aqua - she's easily my favorite character out of the whole series (and has the best design as well, IMO). She was the most level-headed and sympathetic of the three, I thought, and, given her role at the end of the game and the actions she takes, I'd say she's clearly the strongest one as well (and the only Master of the bunch!). There's also just something about that scene in the opening cinematic - when armored and dishelved Aqua sans helmet is cradling frozen Ven - that always gets me as well. The look of pain on her face made her seem really human to me right from the get go.

As for gameplay, they were all fun to play but I preferred the way Ven handled to the others. His speed was awesome.

Lightning_Stryker
31st May 2012, 06:24
I liked Terra because he showed both light and dark sides. It showed you how he struggled to fight against the darkness in himself, but also showed some light and how he cared for his friends. To top it all off i liked the commands he used.^_^

Zul
31st May 2012, 09:03
Terra was both my favorite gameplay wise and scenario-wise. I favor the slower, stronger attacks.

If at any point I wanted to attack faster, you can D-link with Ventus to get the haste effect, which sped his attacks up to Ven's speed, and it's one of the few D-Link passives that scaled well later into the game.

Falchia
31st May 2012, 11:27
Jumping on the Terra train here. He easily became my favorite in terms of scenario and battle, which ironically only made the secret boss battles more difficult since I was too stubborn to use anyone else.

Pikachu
31st May 2012, 14:34
So which of these three heroes is your favorte?

My favorite is definately Aqua. I like her design and her theme is quite nice (though I prefer Ventus's and Terra's theme). I like her design and her attitude throughout the game though it helps that she seems to already be more developed at the start of the game compared to the pther characters.

Who was the most relatable?

I believe that it was Ventus. I think we've all been in the position where we couldn't do the things we wanted because of something like age or inexpirience so I definately connected to him with that.

Who was the strongest?

A tricky question for sure. I'll pick Aqua simply for what she accomplishes in the story as opposed to Terra and Ventus.

Who was the most fun to play?

I enjoyed playing as Aqua the most. Ventus would be second and then Terra. I prefer magic over physical attacks most of the time.

member_10691345
31st May 2012, 19:02
For all questions, Ven. I have a tendency to like swift characters like him, and I feel as though he's the most relatable because he felt passionate about everything he cared about and protected them all, even to the bitter end. He was also very fun to play as (SUPERGLIDE! 'Nuff said).

member_10803802
5th Jun 2012, 18:31
For me it's an equal tie between Terra, I love his abilities and skillset, but I love the psychotic speed of Ventus.

Shadow_Breaker
8th Jun 2012, 13:35
I mostly like Ventus and Aqua but I did like Terra at the last fight with Xehanort how he foght even if he lost his body I thought that was awesome.

iambasho777
8th Jun 2012, 17:44
Aqua is the best of the three 95% of the time... the other 5% is Terra + Chaos Ripper + Ven D-Link + huge crowd of unversed = lolwutunversed. Terra's strength with the Ven D-Link's haste ability was just so rediculously awesome... too bad D-Linking is disabled in the Mirage Arena

theundeadheart
10th Jun 2012, 01:27
hi all

how are you?

i was just thinking about ssomething wierd about Vanitas.... why does he look almost the same as Sora ?

i dont like that http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

KHLover
13th Jun 2012, 19:35
This is a tough one but, aqua. Aqua has the most heart and she is the strongest of the 3. She has a heart of pure light. But as far as conflict and story, ventus. Terra is in close 2nd! He is a bigger part of the story than I ever thought he would be.

Sixus
13th Jun 2012, 19:42
That would be me.... I am Sixus: Leader of the X-Bladers....S♥Χ♥S

Sixus
13th Jun 2012, 19:42
That would be me.... I am Sixus: Leader of the X-Bladers....S♥Χ♥S

member_10523116
16th Jun 2012, 11:39
Aqua, I liked her personality and I liked her gameplay the most.

member_10813590
16th Jun 2012, 19:07
Ventus I felt like we both had problems from the start of it, and he was fun to play as because of his fast game play and fast attcks, also I knew ventus had the best story to him from the start.

Shadow_Breaker
30th Jun 2012, 12:24
Ventus I felt like we both had problems from the start of it, and he was fun to play as because of his fast game play and fast attcks, also I knew ventus had the best story to him from the start.

I never got to finish Ventus story your so lucky.

Spirit_Destiny
30th Jun 2012, 14:23

Ventus, I just enjoy his story, though the final boss sucks! >.<

Terra is definitely second

Ventus again, at least for myself. ^_^ Terra would be my second relatable, but I couldn't relate to Aqua period.

Who was the strongest?

TERRA! All the way...

I enjoyed both Ven and Terra.

Now this is JUST MY OPINION. So please DO NOT Flame ME.

I honestly didn't like Aqua's battle style, her cartwheeling is just an insult. sure she was nimble, but Ven's agility was MUCH better than Aqua. Also not only that, but her story is Meh at best. She let the fact that she was named a keyblade master go to her head, I couldn't relate to her at all. She wasn't strong (however I do not disagree that she's the best magic user of the three.) I just think she should have been developed more. Also I'm sorry but I don't like dying at level 1 because she has to be like a football field away to just get a successful attack. I know she has a barrier, but you can't attack while it's up. I just don't like Aqua's character and I couldn't relate to her.

Again This is SOLELY my OPINION!

Just had to disclaim that.

member_10813590
1st Jul 2012, 15:14
I'm not lucky just I have worked at it ventus story mode was finshed at level 31 I think aqua 45 and terra 37 you just have to master there gameplay be fast with ventus by will just putting in potions

Shadow_Breaker
2nd Jul 2012, 09:28
I'm not lucky just I have worked at it ventus story mode was finshed at level 31 I think aqua 45 and terra 37 you just have to master there gameplay be fast with ventus by will just putting in potions

I did finish Terra and Aqua but not Ventus I was radiant garden with Ventus when my brother's PSP broke. -_-

Shadow_Breaker
2nd Jul 2012, 09:28

I did finish Terra and Aqua but not Ventus I was radiant garden with Ventus when my brother's PSP broke. -_-

member_10813590
2nd Jul 2012, 11:08
Aw sorry bro

Shadow_Breaker
2nd Jul 2012, 18:14
Aw sorry bro

its okay because KH3D is coming soon so yea

LinkRoxas
5th Jul 2012, 23:08
Ven all the way! Just because he looks like Roxas. lol

member_10628951
7th Jul 2012, 13:39
Man so hard to choose.

I liked Ven for his story and I really liked his character.

Same goes for Aqua.

But there was just something about Terra that was...... cool. I dont know how to explain it. I just thought he was a very strong character in the title. Voice acting may have not been the best but the guy got the way the voice was supposed to sound down. But it was the way he was written in the story. I hope he makes an epic comeback in Kingdom Hearts III.

Shadow_Breaker
9th Jul 2012, 11:20
Man so hard to choose.

I liked Ven for his story and I really liked his character.

Same goes for Aqua.

But there was just something about Terra that was...... cool. I dont know how to explain it. I just thought he was a very strong character in the title. Voice acting may have not been the best but the guy got the way the voice was supposed to sound down. But it was the way he was written in the story. I hope he makes an epic comeback in Kingdom Hearts III.

We just have to wait and see what happens in KH3D because of this video. http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ZZl-X8WwY&feat... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ZZl-X8WwY&feature=fvwrel)

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gVhS3-FYbA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gVhS3-FYbA)

Azure
9th Jul 2012, 11:32
Yeah , I think the opening hint something about next KH .

I like all of the characters but I am going to choose Aqua because she 's hot . It rare to have good develop female protagonist like Aqua

Gailardios
10th Jul 2012, 22:55
Aqua was my favorite protagonist. i got her to level 76, and beat both secret bosses with her. By far the best character of all. Even though my favorite out of the whole series is Riku, Aqua is really close behind.

new_tradition
11th Jul 2012, 00:25
Terra by far was my fave. Ven really tugged at my heart and I admire Aqua's strength, but Terra just grasped me with his dilemmas and ultimate fall. He just meant well and Xehanort used that and manipulated him as much as he could, and eventually stole Terra completely.

I really hope he can be saved as his whole self (though it would take a whole lot of reconfiguring, seriously; had Eraqus in his heart, had Xehanort take over his all but his mind, then was split into "Ansem" and "Xemnas", both who may not be around anymore. Haven't played KH3D yet, so we'll see about that...)

Also, I liked Terra's gameplay. I'm more into melee fighting, and while he's the slowest of the trio, it wasn't by much. His heavy hits were very satisfying to pull off ^^

member_10078668
13th Jul 2012, 05:10

Ventus all the way!

Aqua for me. She still remains determined and strong even after both of her only friends were MIA.

Who was the strongest?

In terms of physical ability, Terra. In terms of mental strength, Aqua.

Ventus! Love that little speed demon. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

Seargentmickey
31st Jul 2012, 20:39
ventus, he is a reliable character,but more twards melee than magic,not to mention being able to d-link with aqua and terra.

Senpai
11th Aug 2012, 15:14
ven only because hes fast his attacks are awesome favorite moves are ars arcanum, salvation, and freeze raid terra yeah hes good but i like his zanetsuken attack aqua sucke her moves are ideal but theyre slow and theyre weak

onigiri619
12th Aug 2012, 21:52
Aqua. Nuff said.

member_10682224
5th Sep 2012, 11:53
Ventus is my favorite because he's balanced.

edward.busch.18
8th Feb 2013, 21:42
I liked Aqua at higher levels she became nearly unbeatable, then Ven becuase with Aqua and Ven you have nimble attacks Terra was cumbersome and slow chunky to me....if they even out Aqua with alittle more power she wouldve been my all time Fav... Riku is thus overall my games

B.I.R.Link94
9th Feb 2013, 21:22
ventus, because he reminds me of roxas

edward.busch.18
10th Feb 2013, 08:42
ventus, because he reminds me of roxas

Ven was the reason Roxas looked that way... becuase Vens fractured heart is inside sora and made its way in his nobody Roxas

B.I.R.Link94
10th Feb 2013, 10:50
touche &Omega;http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-frown.gif

edward.busch.18
10th Feb 2013, 11:04
touche &Omega;

huh?

B.I.R.Link94
11th Feb 2013, 17:00
another way of saying "good point"

edward.busch.18
12th Feb 2013, 08:23
another way of saying "good point"

ah! i miss read it thinking you said im touchy....

B.I.R.Link94
12th Feb 2013, 17:06
it needs a certain marking on top of the "E" thats probably why you miss read it

edward.busch.18
13th Feb 2013, 08:45
Ok now lets bring this English lesson to the Japanese so we can get 1.5 HD

B.I.R.Link94
14th Feb 2013, 17:03
the game is basically improved versions of the whole series, even the handhelds, so there is a 50/50 chance we will see an english release

but thats just my own opinion.

MichaelVoid
14th Feb 2013, 18:49
Ventus is my favorite. He relates to me the most and I love his commands. I like to personify myself with the wind and speed, which Ventus excels at. He is basically a superhero, better version of me.

edward.busch.18
14th Feb 2013, 23:48
yeah i know.....

B.I.R.Link94
22nd Feb 2013, 18:38
in an IGN video on the new kingdom hearts game, I did hear them say that the game will feature the final mix versions of the game series

edward.busch.18
22nd Feb 2013, 21:28
old news... it will have Kingdom hearts final mix, Re:chain of memories and KH 358/2 days done as a movie

B.I.R.Link94
24th Feb 2013, 17:46
i thought there would be gameplay in 358/2 days

edward.busch.18
25th Feb 2013, 11:58
Nope cutsceens.... and the non-verbal text will be done in audio too so those are included its probly the closet we get to a KH movie

edward.busch.18
25th Feb 2013, 11:59
Nope cutsceens.... and the non-verbal text will be done in audio too so those are included its probly the closet we get to a KH movie

check out the general discussion thread the Admin for the site posted a good letter

tflores
23rd Mar 2013, 17:01
really loved ventus for his speed but liked aqua's story

Bobguy117
23rd Mar 2013, 21:08
Vanitas was my favorite protagonist BY FAR.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 21:10
Vanitas was a Antagonist....a sad one who should be brought back

destruction7
23rd Mar 2013, 21:12
Ven is epic! fight with him!

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 21:16
I found Ven to be the Fastest and most balanced.... Aqua was uber weak to start with but in the later game She kicks butts so hard they pop out the other side... Terra is the Strongest but slower then a turtle..

Bobguy117
23rd Mar 2013, 21:17
Vanitas is most certainly a protagonist. I have no doubt in my mind that Vanitas is coming back and will change sides and it will be awesome. And nah he and Ven are pretty evenly matched, I'd say Ven only beat him because Vanitas was fighting Aqua and Mickey at the same time.

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 21:21
really? I see Vanitas Making his own path neither for Xehannort nor the good guys...

Bobguy117
23rd Mar 2013, 21:24
I'd say at least he and Ventus are gonna team up and take some vengeance on Master Xehanort. And ugh I am soooo looking forward to him meeting Sora and Roxas!

edward.busch.18
23rd Mar 2013, 21:27
heh i wouldnt be surprised if VANITAS attacked Roxas thinking he is Ven

paladinstormer
24th Mar 2013, 00:31
One.Ventus is the best and is so cool. Sad he almost dies. But they also should of put him in any of the other games. He kind of did with Roxas but not the same.

2.Roxas is gone inside Sora. So Vanitas cannot attack Roxas unless he is released again. Then Vanitas also might think that Sora is a copy of him and attack him though.

Bobguy117
24th Mar 2013, 08:08
I just really want a 4-Way Sora vs Sora vs Sora vs Sora battle royale... Is that so much to ask?

edward.busch.18
24th Mar 2013, 08:14
1. Roxas and Namine and Xion are among those Sora needs to help so yes they will return....

2. Smash brothers man.... I been hearing rumors that Sora will be in it

Bobguy117
24th Mar 2013, 22:16
I would absolutley love sora to be in a smash bros game. What do you think his attacks would be?

ArchAngel95
24th Mar 2013, 22:25
*Sniff Sniff* it brings tears to my eyes that there are more people other than myself that adore what Aqua had to offer. All my friends that played didn't like her but damn, that cartwheel and barrier block was inconceivable. I played her playthrough about 3 times now on the hardest difficulty most recently and wow, I still enjoy her play style.

Bobguy117
24th Mar 2013, 22:30
Aqua was awesome. I didn't appreciate her too much until the end, but yeah I loved Barrier and Renewal Barrier, and the Cartwheel was amazing. I'm about to start a Level 1 playthrough, it's gonna be rough!

edward.busch.18
25th Mar 2013, 01:48
Nope Aqua once trained up was indeed the most powerful there it just sucked in the start but im the kinda guy willing to wait to see what good qualities a lady brings later on.... lol

AS for Sora's smash brother moves im thinking his smash attacks would be

B: Oblivion's charge attack

Down B: Barrier that shatters on impact doing damage to those around sora

Over B: Strikeraid

Up B: A dive up with peter pans sparkly dust allowing Sora to glide for a few moment

Smash attack: Oathkeeper & Oblivions Demise...A multi hit combo like how he finished off Xenmas

Bobguy117
25th Mar 2013, 03:03
Aqua was definitely the best, but I'd say Ven had the coolest signature commands, final boss fight, and story. I hate Terra. I'm still trying to beat the Mysterious Figure with him on Critical Mode. I can beat him Aqua and Ven no problem, and even Terra on Proud, but not Terra on Critical, no matter how hard I try!

As for Sora's smash moves..

A - Sora's basic keyblade combo.

-> A - Strike Raid

^ A - Blitz

v A - Shock Impact/Explosion

B - Blizzaga

-> B - Firaga

^ B - Collision Magnet

v B - Reflega/Thundaga/Aeroga

Final Smash - Nightmare's End

And obviously, he can jump, dodge roll, aerial dodge, and glide.

edward.busch.18
25th Mar 2013, 03:13
Alright...if Sora DOES appear in smash brothers it would be epic and i would have to then buy a Wii U..... what about you?

Bobguy117
25th Mar 2013, 03:32
I'd buy 'em both in a heartbeat, like I would do even if Sora wasn't in it. It's a smash bros game! You have to buy it!

edward.busch.18
25th Mar 2013, 03:38
Yeah true...**looks around at my videogame collection** heh I do own every smash brothers game to date!

Kuroregal
2nd Apr 2013, 18:34
Terra most def.

Slawter
4th Jun 2013, 02:57
Ven is my favourite as he is ultimately the biggest connection between the three being the one the look out for and the one he looks up to. I believe it all ties in with him and he is impulsive and does what he believes is best. A little naive though a great characterr overall.Though he is also quite easily the most damaged psychologically out of the three.

sorasnobody3582
29th Jun 2013, 14:39
Easy question!

Aqua. I'm a big magic user and she was ideal :P

Ventus cuz his storywaaa awesome. Plus he is balanced in both magic and in strength so he is better

Slawter
29th Jun 2013, 19:26
Ventus is the most agile ideal for fighting big bosses

kingdomheartslover1234
30th Jun 2013, 11:04
i loved playing as ventus however my favorite character is aqua becuase i love using magic

NIGHT-TERROR
30th Dec 2013, 15:15
In KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep, you play as three different protagonists: Ventus, Terra, and Aqua -- ten years before the events of the original KINGDOM HEARTS. Each of these characters travels to the same worlds over the course of their narratives, but it's safe to say that their stories are quite different. So which of these three heroes is your favorte? Who was the most relatable? Who was the strongest? Who was the most fun to play?

This is your soapbox. Have at it!

to answer ur questions 1) all are relatable 2) Terra is my favourite and strongest btw poor terra have courage to throw that fiend off of ur soul 3) all are fun to play :D

Kingtriforcer
26th May 2014, 09:32
Aqua for me, can't beat damage dealing cartwheels for a dodge move.

jomkingal
27th Jun 2014, 13:30
I love Aqua~ Even though she's hard to level up and master.