JonWang
7th Aug 2009, 04:16
i love you...

jhonnyboy
7th Aug 2009, 04:19
Good find. You have my thanks. :)

emb531
7th Aug 2009, 04:20
Apparently you can play the demo in 3D as well, I'm downloading the drivers for it and will see how it goes :o

Scratch that, 3D is only for desktop cards apparently :(

TheDarkArcane
7th Aug 2009, 04:28
Thanks for posting a link to the Demo for PC, your awesome.

Eresys
7th Aug 2009, 04:42
Ugh. Lucky PC.

kpow
7th Aug 2009, 04:56
Apparently you can play the demo in 3D as well, I'm downloading the drivers for it and will see how it goes :o

Scratch that, 3D is only for desktop cards apparently :(

And you need glasses, lol.

andy_chris02
7th Aug 2009, 06:22
Will this demo will be good to run on a PC over in the UK?

erazerswe
7th Aug 2009, 07:02
Thanks a bunch, hope its been worth the wait :)

jaywalker2309
7th Aug 2009, 07:30

PCs are a worldwide platform, theres no regions like consoles (except for dvd and movies but thats same for everything). Its the exact same version being hosted everywhere around the world, grab from wherever you get the fastest connection

Acid_Burn
7th Aug 2009, 07:39

Even though it has 6 different languages:
English, French, German, Italian, Polish and Russian.

m0r1arty
7th Aug 2009, 11:13
Nice - now all I've got to do is get a computer good enough to play it.

BRB

-m0r

gnrfan228
7th Aug 2009, 13:02
So is there an actual, legitimate reason why AMD video card users can't use AA? This generation of AMD cards are capable of everything nVidia cards are, and then some. So I can't think of a reason why AA is only supported for nVidia cards. And I know AA is possible in UE3, as there are AA options in Gears of War and Mirror's Edge.

Just seems like we got short changed because nVidia bought it out as a "The Only Way We Want You To Play It" title.

Unstoppable
7th Aug 2009, 16:02
Failed to initialize nvidia physx. Please install latest version. I tried installing latest version and it gave me an error from nvidia.com.

jaywalker2309
7th Aug 2009, 16:24
Failed to initialize nvidia physx. Please install latest version. I tried installing latest version and it gave me an error from nvidia.com.

you will need to install the version we supply on the demo installer. NOT the one hosted by nvidia currently (which is a slightly older version - i believe)

Acid_Burn
7th Aug 2009, 16:27
It should install PhysX automatically, after the demo is installed. :\

DeusEX
7th Aug 2009, 16:44
Demo run very slow even at VERY LOW settings.....I have NVIDIA 9600GT, drivers forceware 190.38. other games run very fast (assasins creed, lost planet, Street fighter 4, Unreal Tournament 3, prince of persia 2008) at high settings and resolution 1280x1024...what the hell happend here??????.
sorry for my english I'am colombian guy....

gnrfan228
7th Aug 2009, 16:53
Figured out a fix.

Just rename the exe to UT3.exe, and you can force AA through CCC. Seems it's just a simple case of there not being a profile for B:AA in the drivers yet. This should be fixed this month when AMD rolls out the new catalyst 9.8's.

(just figured I'd post this in the major PC version threads)

Unstoppable
7th Aug 2009, 17:21
Works now I had to install Physx with cmd and administrator mode using the /quiet command. Check out my thread if you had the same problem as me.

Darquelord
7th Aug 2009, 17:40
Im getting an error when running the installer program. Its throwing a CRC error for datacab.2
Has this happened to anyone else? I tried to copy all the files to another folder and extract the files but its corrupted or not really an archive. Please advise.... (the joker is behind this I know it!)

Newbie09
7th Aug 2009, 18:33
Im getting an error when running the installer program. Its throwing a CRC error for datacab.2
Has this happened to anyone else? I tried to copy all the files to another folder and extract the files but its corrupted or not really an archive. Please advise.... (the joker is behind this I know it!)

I have the same problem I was asked to wait untill the demo-release on steam - Though I wasn't told when it wouldbe released on steam. Maybe the issue won't appear there.

Darquelord
7th Aug 2009, 20:44
Thats weak... you can upload good file on steam but now anywhere else? I dont get that.

zak4994
7th Aug 2009, 22:41
Anyone here bothered to compress the 2Gb file into a RAR file to save time?

CelticKennedy
8th Aug 2009, 16:34
Holy crap does the PC version look good. Not raggin on the console versions at all, they look amazing too. But I had the game running on max setting with physx, adding dynamic fog/smoke, destructible pillars and super crisp textures. Some portions of the level even have new assets.

Rocksteady definitely has some of the best people in the business working on this game. You guys just sold me on buying two versions of the game. I will get the console version to play through since that comes out first, then pick up the PC version in September!!

keetongu2
9th Aug 2009, 04:13
Ditto to the guy above me, this game is awesome! I just replayed the whole demo twice already! Kudos to Rocksteady to what could be one of the best superhero games ever. Bonus points for the wicked and diverse takedowns :thumb:

sd921
9th Aug 2009, 05:13
can mac users download the demo or is it just for PC?

vega199
9th Aug 2009, 08:58
I downloaded the demo file but every time I try to load it i get the "this is not a valid win 32 application" problem. It only pops up on this file and I already checked if I have a virus or if I needed some updates and everything checks out.

Anyone have this problem or know how to fix it?

Cronus
9th Aug 2009, 12:25
The demo is splendid, I hope the game will be the same. The environmental graphics and characters are in such harmony that delights the eyes of the player. However I've encountered a problem which you may have a solution for: During the game the voice of Batman, and the voices during dialogues cannot be heard. (I've tried Hardware Acceleration and it solved the problem before this: In-game voices were muted, however it didn't work for the thing that I've mentioned)

A Dark Hunter
9th Aug 2009, 14:46
Can someone help me? My demo isn't working anymore. All it says is that it has stopped working properly. I have tried reinstalling it and even trying a different download file. Can someone please help?

VXR
10th Aug 2009, 13:48
im severely ticked off, about that PSYSX crap.

CrashxUae
11th Aug 2009, 04:29
Thanks emb ^^

I download the Demo on My PS3 but i want to download it on the PC to try the physX Mode :P

giz
11th Aug 2009, 11:07
i've played the demo,, its verry fun! but i think i'll get a new xbox controller to get on pc,, since pc controlls are so hard,, and you can't change them =(

grz

dinni
12th Aug 2009, 20:14
i've played the demo,, its verry fun! but i think i'll get a new xbox controller to get on pc,, since pc controlls are so hard,, and you can't change them =(

grz
Yes u can. \Steam\SteamApps\common\batman arkham asylum - demo\Binaries\BmLauncher.exe go for the settings.

arkhamaniac
14th Aug 2009, 01:03
So I need some answers here please. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

First off, I saw the trailer and was right away intrigued to upgrade my desktop. Right now here is what I have:

Windows XP
AMD Sempron 2800
523760kb RAM

I want to buy a new graphics card, possibly a motherboard, and definitely add some ram. Anyone have any recommendations?

The Jedi Guardian
14th Aug 2009, 18:08
How long does it take you guys to download it?

Arkham Bat
15th Aug 2009, 09:26
Yes i was play that on pc and i am go to the end

tsp
16th Aug 2009, 19:44
Love the demo. Thanks for this helpful thread.

iceman0124
16th Aug 2009, 19:55
I've played the demo on PC, E8400 @ 4ghz, EVGA GTX260 FTW, 4 GB ram, alos played the 360 and PS3 versions.

The PS3 looks slightly worse than the the 360 on my sony wega CRT 34" 1080i HDTV, PS3 via HDMI, 360 component .....On my PC The game looks amazingingly better than the consoles. On controls, at first I was sold on the PS3, but after spending a good bit of time on the standard keyboard/ mouse settings.....I actually like em better, though that may change when new abilitieas get unlocked.

I'm torn.....if the PC version came out at the same time as the consoles it would be a no brainer....$20 cheaper via steam (no sales tax) and much better looking.....probably gonna wait for the PC version.

Panther10
16th Aug 2009, 23:56
This is a huge file! Is this the full version or something? its the same size as most of the PS3 games I have. (2600mb)And most of those games have roughly 15-20 levels. If this is just half of the game that is insane. Can the pc version support any type of gamepad or joystick?

capable heart
17th Aug 2009, 04:03
This is a huge file! Is this the full version or something? its the same size as most of the PS3 games I have. (2600mb)And most of those games have roughly 15-20 levels. If this is just half of the game that is insane. Can the pc version support any type of gamepad or joystick?

There is over 1 GB of 720p video files in it. If it didn't have pre-rendered cutscene videos it would be half the size.

Plus full-size textures take up a lot of space.

Full size PS3 games are much bigger than this, I think what you mean is the MBs that a PS3 game installs to the hard drive, but there is still a lot more left on the game disc (PS3 game discs can hold up to 25 to 50GBs)

Shark112
17th Aug 2009, 15:56
Soo uh...what happened if you don't have a good enough Graphics card and you try to play it..I'm curious.

Cause my graphics card is pretty old and pretty bad.

capable heart
17th Aug 2009, 16:37
Soo uh...what happened if you don't have a good enough Graphics card and you try to play it..I'm curious.

Cause my graphics card is pretty old and pretty bad.

Well what card model exactly do you have?

Because if it doesn't have the "Shader Model 3.0" feature the game won't even run.

The first Shader 3.0 graphics card came out in 2004, but every so often you'll still see people complaining they can't run the Shader 3.0 PC games programmed during the current "360 & PS3 generation."

You can turn the settings down to be less pretty but make it run better, but that can only help so much if certain basics aren't met.

JimmyTheCannon
19th Aug 2009, 01:17
So, I downloaded and installed the demo... created a shortcut to the "BmLauncher.exe" file on my desktop, and ran it... it brings up the launcher window and lets me change the settings and such, but when I click "Play", it disappears, and the demo does not launch. I've checked the Task Manager - the file just disappears from the application list.

Any ideas?

EDIT: It's working now, after updating my graphics drivers.

I'm curious, though, as to why there are vents in the demo that you can't reach, plus at least one wall that you should be able to destroy with explosives - when you don't have explosives.

gclhoutx
20th Aug 2009, 05:52
So, I downloaded and installed the demo... created a shortcut to the "BmLauncher.exe" file on my desktop, and ran it... it brings up the launcher window and lets me change the settings and such, but when I click "Play", it disappears, and the demo does not launch. I've checked the Task Manager - the file just disappears from the application list.

Any ideas?

EDIT: It's working now, after updating my graphics drivers.

I'm curious, though, as to why there are vents in the demo that you can't reach, plus at least one wall that you should be able to destroy with explosives - when you don't have explosives.

More than likely you will have to re-trace your steps later in the game to visit places you have already been. For example after reaching a point in the story you might have to go back to certain places to look for more clues that were not there the first time you were there.

JimmyTheCannon
21st Aug 2009, 03:13
More than likely you will have to re-trace your steps later in the game to visit places you have already been. For example after reaching a point in the story you might have to go back to certain places to look for more clues that were not there the first time you were there.

In other words, they're there because they're in the full game, but they serve no purpose in the demo?

Possible, I suppose.

The Diddler
23rd Aug 2009, 04:44
got the demo today and all I can say is to quote the Riddler....JOYGASM!!!!! holding my breath until Sept. for full game on PC. What crisp graphics!

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h173/SithMaker/whysoserious-1.jpg

Shark112
26th Aug 2009, 19:10
Well what card model exactly do you have?

Because if it doesn't have the "Shader Model 3.0" feature the game won't even run.

The first Shader 3.0 graphics card came out in 2004, but every so often you'll still see people complaining they can't run the Shader 3.0 PC games programmed during the current "360 & PS3 generation."

You can turn the settings down to be less pretty but make it run better, but that can only help so much if certain basics aren't met.
It came out in 04? Ugh..it makes my 05 Computer even sadder spec wise.

Pixel shader 2.0.

I was 12 when my dad got this computer so I had no input or any knowledge to get better specs. I don't even have enough RAM. The only good thing about it is the memory space, 136 GB.

ltshaunbrownuk
27th Aug 2009, 00:19
Hi i was just wondering is there away to turn off the nvidia 8000+ AA in the demo as i have gone into the menu and settings and i will not allow me to it just says required?? but i do not have an nvidia graphics card i have ATI.

samhell
20th Sep 2009, 03:26
so is it correct that this does NOT work on ATI cards? i guess i am gonna try? major waste of bandwidth and drive space if it doesn't, but i gotta try. these days ATI is the way to go... cheaper, and now with the 2GB cards and 2x1 GB (single card), better and faster.

thetonyg
20th Sep 2009, 15:15
In other words, they're there because they're in the full game, but they serve no purpose in the demo?

Possible, I suppose.

I didn't play the demo but I'm fairly sure this is correct... e.g. they only serve no purpose in the demo because you can't get far enough in the demo to get the correct items to do something with those grates and walls. In the game it was quite a while before I got the proper tool to pull grates down. I'm a little over halfway through the game and I'm still going back to old areas because I'm just now getting the correct tools/items to pass through certain areas in the older levels.

I'm guessing until you have a full utility belt of 8 items you will still be prone to going back to old areas to get old riddles and access other areas. For the sake of leveling up my XP as quickly as possible I have gone back to the same areas multiple times (each time I get a new item that will let me access new areas) since some of the powerups are just way cool and I want them now! :)

QuiGonJ
27th Sep 2009, 00:56
How do I change the default install location on the demo? I have a TB hard drive, and a 100 GBs on a 250GB drive, but it's insisting on trying my C: drive, which doesn't have that much space on it.

deders
27th Sep 2009, 05:20
How do I change the default install location on the demo? I have a TB hard drive, and a 100 GBs on a 250GB drive, but it's insisting on trying my C: drive, which doesn't have that much space on it.

you should be able to select custom or advanced install and choose your own directory from there, failing that with a little registry editing you can get all your programs to install by default to the location of your choice. If you want me to tell you how then ask me and tell me your operating system.

QuiGonJ
27th Sep 2009, 15:06
Thanks for the reply!

I have XP Home Premium. I double click the installer, which is on G: (my 250GB HDD), and it starts tossing stuff into a temp directory on C: with no options to do anything else.

deders
27th Sep 2009, 16:58
Thanks for the reply!

I have XP Home Premium. I double click the installer, which is on G: (my 250GB HDD), and it starts tossing stuff into a temp directory on C: with no options to do anything else.

If you want to change the default install directory in XP then download a little program called TweakUI, extract it, go to where it was extracted and find TweakUI.ini, right click on this and select install. you should then have Tweak UI in your control panel. Open this and go to the my computer Tab and choose from special folders If you are going to change your default program files than it may help to change where common files is located as it is usually within Program Files.

As for clearing some space:

1: Right click on your C: drive in my computer and click properties, from there select 'disk cleanup' and tick as many boxes as possible apart from compress old files (only select this as a last resort if all else fails)

2: you have 2 temp directories that may need cleaning out, (that the disk cleanup won't clear completely)
1 is C:\windows temp
2 is C:\Documents and Settings\(your profile)\Local Settings\Temp
You may need to show hidden files by opening up any folder on your hard disk, select the tools menu from the top, folder options, select the view tab and select 'show hidden files', then the local settings folder should become visible.
if you share the computer then there will be temp files in other peoples profiles too

3: If your computer has hibernation enabled (you can tell as it will give you the option to hibernate next to shut down/restart/sleep) you can disable it in the hibernation tab of the power options which is in the screensaver tab of display options.

4: you could save some space by changing how much of your drive is used by system restore. Right click on my computer, select properties, select system restore, select your C:\ drive and click settings. you can then slide the slider up and down, depending on how much you want to let windows use for this feature. You can always bring it right down and put it back again when you are finished, if you are confident your computer is stable and you won't need to use it in the near future,

5: depending on how much memory you have you can change your page file options. right click on my computer, select properties, in the advanced tab select performance settings, again in the advanced tab, note how much total paging file size you have and click change. now, if you have more than one physical disk, (not just partitions) it may be wise to change the location of the swap file to the fastest drive. selsct the drive you want to move it to, select custom size and put the size in MB in both initial and maximum. (I never need to use more than 1024 with my current 4gb configuration, i'd say that 2048 is probably the biggest you'll need) then select set. don't forget to click on the C: drive and select no paging drive, and then press set. If you don't want to move your paging file you can just reduce the size temporarily to around 100mb, install the demo, then bring it back up to 1024 or 2048, depending on your preferances.

Hope this helps.

QuiGonJ
28th Sep 2009, 04:58
Nice trick on the Tweak UI, but unfortunately, it didn't change where the extractor wants to go. I know of TweakUI, but never thought of that use for it. Thanks!

As for space, C: is a 18GB partition with about 4GB left on it. Yeah, I know it's ancient (a 40GB total drive made in 2001), but it runs XP just fine even after all these years. The page file is already set for another partition. Guess I will just have to wait till I install Win7 next month and launch it from the default partition for it (the 1TB drive).

deders
28th Sep 2009, 05:11
As for space, C: is a 18GB partition with about 4GB left on it. Yeah, I know it's ancient (a 40GB total drive made in 2001), but it runs XP just fine even after all these years. The page file is already set for another partition. Guess I will just have to wait till I install Win7 next month and launch it from the default partition for it (the 1TB drive).

the demo should only use around 2gb max to install, 4gb should easily be enough.

deders
28th Sep 2009, 05:24
Nice trick on the Tweak UI, but unfortunately, it didn't change where the extractor wants to go. I know of TweakUI, but never thought of that use for it. Thanks!

no problem, unfortunately tweakUI doesn't work in Vista but you can do pretty much the same thing by copying your program files directory over to the drive you want (this is the first thing i do once windows is installed) then open regedit and search for all instances of programfilesdir and change the path to the new location. on a 64 bit system you should do this for program files and program files (x86).

Once you've searched for programfilesdir then they should both be on the same page, along with common files. Make sure you search the entire registry as there is more than one instance of each. now everything should default to your new location.

Some programmes don't use the %programfiles% default path and just presume you want it installed on C:, they are few and far between but its worth checking each time you install something just to be sure. , I think fraps is one of them. not tested it with Windows7 but it should be the same, its exactly what TweakUI does in XP just without the interface.

can also be a good idea to leave more room than you'd expect to on the Windows drive, games like Grid use certain appdata folders on C: to store files as large as 2gb and although there is a way of changing this location, it's far more complicated than anything i've ever attempted.

QuiGonJ
29th Sep 2009, 01:45
Good points, and I have tried to leave space for just that reason, but I can now report the demo is now no longer required. I said the heck with it and bought it anyway. The regular installer works normally, and I was able to assign my G: drive. It's installing as I type this. :)

But I will ask the Devs to please consider allowing the same flexibility in the demo!

nellywijaya
3rd May 2016, 08:06
Definitely a great post. Hats off to you! The information that you have provided is very helpful. agen sbobet (http://www.rajajudi.net/register)