PDA

View Full Version : PC version - Important update

Keir
6th Aug 2009, 13:05
Hi PC Bat-fans.

It has just been announced the PC version of Batman: Arkham Asylum will be released on the 15th of September (North America) and the 18th of September (Europe and beyond) and utlises really cool PhysX technology from NVIDIA. Read on for more details.....

The 360 and PS3 versions are still hitting on the 25th (North America) and 28th of August (Europe and beyond).

Highly Anticipated Eidos Interactive and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Videogame Batman: Arkham Asylum to support NVIDIA PhysX technology
An immersive adventure unfolds in stunning detail

Eidos Interactive, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and NVIDIA Corporation today announced that the Games for Windows LIVE release of forthcoming DC Comics-licensed videogame, Batman: Arkham Asylum, will feature NVIDIA® PhysX® technology, which allows for the creation of incredibly realistic worlds full of interactive materials and objects. As a result, PC gamers will get to experience intense realism and fully immerse themselves in Batman’s journey into Gotham City’s asylum for the criminally insane.

Hardware accelerated by supported NVIDIA GeForce GPUs, PhysX technology provides an even deeper level of engagement for players of Batman: Arkham Asylum by utilizing the processing power of the NVIDIA GPU to render stunning in-game physics objects in the environment that not only add to the overall look of the game, but create an immersive and believable world.

With PhysX technology enabled, players can explore darkened corridors packed with volumetric fog which reacts to Batman’s movement and cobwebs which tear with his passing. Combat becomes a maelstrom of motion as office papers are thrown into the air alongside soda cans and litter as Batman lands each punch upon The Joker’s henchmen. Throughout the game, the decaying gothic architecture is realized to an incredible detail with wall tiles chipping and breaking, stone pillars crumbling upon impact, and particles from breaking glass and debris shattering and falling down around Batman’s feet.

“Supporting NVIDIA PhysX technology has allowed us to add that little bit extra to the PC version of the game,” said Sefton Hill, Game Director at Rocksteady Studios. “As Batman interacts with the world, the aging asylum creates a more immersive, believable world which really draws the player in.”

Batman: Arkham Asylum™ exposes players to a unique, dark and atmospheric adventure that takes them to the depths of Arkham Asylum – Gotham City’s psychiatric hospital for the criminally insane. Gamers will move in the shadows, instigate fear amongst their enemies and confront The Joker and Gotham City’s most notorious villains who have taken over the asylum. Using a wide range of Batman’s gadgets and abilities, players will become the Invisible Predator and attempt to foil The Joker’s demented scheme.

The NVIDIA PhysX development platform consists of a robust physics engine, API, and middleware designed to give developers and animators unprecedented creative control over the look of their final in-game interactivity by allowing them to author and preview physics in real time. To take advantage of PhysX technology in Batman: Arkham Asylum, players must have a compatible NVIDIA GPU and a copy of the Games for Windows LIVE version of the game, which will be available beginning September 15th, 2009, in North America, and September 18th, 2009, in Europe and Australia.

Batman: Arkham Asylum™ will also be available for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® and PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system from August 25th, 2009, in North America and August 28th, 2009, in Europe and Australia.

For more information on Batman: Arkham Asylum™, visit www.batmanarkhamasylum.com and for more information on NVIDIA PhysX technology, please visit www.nvidia.com/physx.
[SIZE="1"]

About Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, a division of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group, is a premier worldwide publisher, developer, licensor and distributor of entertainment content for the interactive space across all current and future platforms, including console, handheld and PC-based gaming for both internal and third party game titles.
About Eidos Interactive Ltd.
Eidos is the creator of some of the world's leading videogame properties, consisting of several development studios including Crystal Dynamics, IO Interactive, Beautiful Game Studios, Eidos Game Studios, Eidos Hungary and Eidos Montreal, plus sales and distribution offices in Europe and the US. The Group has a valuable portfolio of intellectual property including: Tomb Raider™, Hitman™, Deus Ex™, Championship Manager™ and Just Cause™. Eidos is a wholly owned subsidiary of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.

Just Cause, Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Hitman, Championship Manager, Eidos and the Eidos Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Eidos Interactive Ltd. All rights reserved. SQUARE ENIX is a trademark or a registered trademark of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd. in the United States and/or other territories. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

About NVIDIA
NVIDIA (Nasdaq: NVDA) is the world leader in visual computing technologies and the inventor of the GPU, a high-performance processor which generates breathtaking, interactive graphics on workstations, personal computers, game consoles, and mobile devices. NVIDIA serves the entertainment and consumer market with its GeForce® products, the professional design and visualization market with its Quadro® products, and the high-performance computing market with its Tesla™ products. NVIDIA is headquartered in Santa Clara, Calif. and has offices throughout Asia, Europe, and the Americas. For more information, visit www.nvidia.com.

About DC Comics
DC Comics, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world and home to such iconic characters as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and the Sandman. These DC Super Heroes and others have starred in comic books, movies, television series (both animated and live-action) and cyberspace, thrilling audiences of all ages for generations. DC Comics’ Web site is located at www.dccomics.com.

© 2009 NVIDIA Corporation. All rights reserved. NVIDIA, the NVIDIA logo, PhysX, GeForce, Quadro, and Tesla are trademarks or registered trademarks of NVIDIA Corporation in the U.S. and other countries. Other company and product names may be trademarks of the respective companies with which they are associated.

Here are some screens showing off the jaw-dropping PhysX graphics:

http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/825/gardenb5explosion.th.jpg (http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/825/gardenb5explosion.jpg) http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/7412/batmanarkhamasylumnvidi.th.jpg (http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/7412/batmanarkhamasylumnvidi.jpg)

I'll get some more just as soon as I can :)

Ryuuie
6th Aug 2009, 13:07
Wow, that's a huge delay. D: It releases the same day M:UA 2 does. o-o

Thanks for posting and letting us know!

Drazar
6th Aug 2009, 13:09
Wow, that's a huge delay. D: It releases the same day M:UA 2 does. o-o

Thanks for posting and letting us know!

I know it must suck for PC gamers that they need to wait 20 more days but when you think about it. Resident Evil 5 and SF4 took months to come. : <

Vaad
6th Aug 2009, 13:09
Looks good. The PC demo still coming tomorrow then Keir?

Keir
6th Aug 2009, 13:11
I'll try and get some more screenshots of the PhysX stuff shortly because it really is mind blowing stuff.

Looks good. The PC demo still coming tomorrow then Keir?

Yeah it is :thumb: x 1,000,000

Master_Arkham
6th Aug 2009, 13:13
Thanks for your help, here a pc gamer.

Nemesis296
6th Aug 2009, 13:27
While it is disappointing that the PC version wont be released for a few weeks after, I have to commend you guys on utilizing the PhysX technology. It really is cutting edge stuff, and will be worth the wait. Besides, if my computer can hold up to snuff, then by the time the PC version releases I'll have finished the PS3 version by then :)

Old_BenKenobi
6th Aug 2009, 13:31
I think this is great news for PC players Delays suck, but at least they can reap the full benefits of their powerful systems.

Termix
6th Aug 2009, 13:35
Hi PC Bat-fans.

It has just been announced the PC version of Batman: Arkham Asylum will be released on the 15th of September (North America) and the 18th of September (Europe and beyond) and utlises really cool PhysX technology from NVIDIA. Read on for more details.....

The 360 and PS3 versions are still hitting on the 25th (North America) and 28th of August (Europe and beyond).

KEIR YOU YOU..... AH!
Now I will get the game twice, be damned eidos!
PhysX is GREAT, i loved it in every game. Those helicopters in Mirror's Edge that swirled up dust and paper were really impressive, same goes for the "Cloth" clipping and Damage...
Btw anyone knows why it's released 3 days earlier in the U.S.?

butterskenny
6th Aug 2009, 14:00
My Birtday? I must wait until my birthday? Nooooooooooooooo

jhonnyboy
6th Aug 2009, 14:02
Thanks for the info, sucks to hear but its worth the wait. PC rules

butterskenny
6th Aug 2009, 14:09
KEIR YOU YOU..... AH!
Now I will get the game twice, be damned eidos!
PhysX is GREAT, i loved it in every game. Those helicopters in Mirror's Edge that swirled up dust and paper were really impressive, same goes for the "Cloth" clipping and Damage...
Btw anyone knows why it's released 3 days earlier in the U.S.?

Why will you get this game twice now?

Termix
6th Aug 2009, 14:12
Well i already posted it in another thread, but fits here better 2 PhysX videos
jTrEnFCoYNE
w0xRJt8rcmY

any foliage in B:AA Keir? :D

JD_Method
6th Aug 2009, 14:12
any foliage in B:AA Keir? :D

Let's not get started on the trees. :lol:

Termix
6th Aug 2009, 14:15
Why will you get this game twice now?

I got semester break therefore i want to play it as soon as possible and I'll get it twice, because PS3/360 don't have PhysX implemented and i really love PhysX :)

butterskenny
6th Aug 2009, 14:19
Man, i don't really want to wait that long for the game. Me is mad now.

jaywalker2309
6th Aug 2009, 14:20
The PC demo has got the enhanced Physx integrated, to give you all a taster of what we're working on for the full game :)

butterskenny
6th Aug 2009, 14:27
So, do the system requirements change now?

Amputechture
6th Aug 2009, 14:27
Really nice looking stuff! Not worth the whole PC setup for me personally though.

Zogrim
6th Aug 2009, 14:43
The PC demo has got the enhanced Physx integrated, to give you all a taster of what we're working on for the full game :)
What king of hardware PhysX support will Batman have actually ? trivial various types of particles and cloth, or something more advanced, like APEX or GPU rigid bodies ?

jaywalker2309
6th Aug 2009, 14:49
So, do the system requirements change now?

System specs haven't changed because of these enhancements being developed

h3r3tic666
6th Aug 2009, 15:07
wonder how it gonna looks on my HD4850 ... as the game is based on nvidia and physx

Gregory89
6th Aug 2009, 15:30
Well, sad message, I hoped enjoy the Batman Arkham Asylum on my birthday (1st september) May that delay be worth our waiting...

sorry for bad english...

CaptainMcMulla
6th Aug 2009, 15:31
Man i feel for the PC gamers. I hope it makes it a far more better experience.

Termix
6th Aug 2009, 15:43
wonder how it gonna looks on my HD4850 ... as the game is based on nvidia and physx

Ummm referring to my information ATI-cards still do NOT support PhysX

Bob Kane
6th Aug 2009, 15:43
A version for Mac when? :(:(:confused::mad2:

Zogrim
6th Aug 2009, 15:45
It will look like on consoles. without extra effects.

jaywalker2309
6th Aug 2009, 15:54
Ummm referring to my information ATI-cards still do NOT support PhysX

Never will in hardware form as nVidia owns Physx.. However there is a software side to it. BUT its seriously intensive so doubt u'd be able to play the game in software mode

Termix
6th Aug 2009, 16:01
Never will in hardware form as nVidia owns Physx.. However there is a software side to it. BUT its seriously intensive so doubt u'd be able to play the game in software mode

Using nVidia for 10 years now, i won't change that :D , but i heard nVidia offered Physx to ATI and they refused - don't know the circumstances, but kinda strange.

h3r3tic666
6th Aug 2009, 16:16
yer well .. by the looks of things , the game will still looks better on my pc compared to the console versions :D with or without Physx

Mikeladuk
6th Aug 2009, 16:29
I hope i wont need to get a new graphics card to support this Physx thing as the card i bought is only a week old since i built my new computer.

jaywalker2309
6th Aug 2009, 16:36
I hope i wont need to get a new graphics card to support this Physx thing as the card i bought is only a week old since i built my new computer.

What card do u have?

The_Hylden
6th Aug 2009, 16:51
Well, looks like the Amazon update to my pre-order two weeks ago was accurate, then. I just thought they were getting their wires crossed and wasn't going to go on the board "OH MAH GAWD!! DELAAAAAAAY!!!" :p But, that's fine... It sucks to wait, but it will be worth it. I'm already avoiding spoilers on the board, so I'll just have to completely avoid it from August 25th until September 15th:p

If you check out the latest nVidia drivers for your cards, it will have whether or not PhysX is supported. Or, if you've already gotten the latest drivers, the nVidia Control Panel will have it as a separate option to turn on, or off.

MilkFace
6th Aug 2009, 17:17
yer well .. by the looks of things , the game will still looks better on my pc compared to the console versions :D with or without Physx

You 110% right!! No matter if you have or dont have Physx on your PC, the game still be and look bether in all meanings then console. I mean if you have latest pc hardware to run it on highest ress and graphics. PC ROCKS and this delay doesnt mean anything to me. I can wait another 20 days.

batman4747
6th Aug 2009, 17:22
sound good for Pc gamers I don't know much about physx because I don't play games on the PC but what I have seen and heard it sound like your guys are going to have a better experience with the game.

kpow
6th Aug 2009, 18:03
Uhg. Do we still get the Demo tomorrow?

Termix
6th Aug 2009, 18:26
Uhg. Do we still get the Demo tomorrow?

yep, Keir said so.

Nemesis296
6th Aug 2009, 18:27
What card do u have?

I have the nVidia 8500GT Infin1ty series...can I run it without really crappy graphics? I'm not looking for the most amaaaazing graphics, but if it runs smooth I'm game.

kpow
6th Aug 2009, 18:30
Sticky this please Keir! For when you post more screenshots!

At first I was pissed about this, but since I'll be getting a new job after the 25th, I'll be able to afford a nice big 47" display for my PC. A blessing in disguise. And also, physX! AWESOME!

kpow
6th Aug 2009, 18:31
I have the nVidia 8500GT Infin1ty series...can I run it without really crappy graphics? I'm not looking for the most amaaaazing graphics, but if it runs smooth I'm game.

It should run alright, my brother's PC is using my old 8600, and he can handle most games at relatively high settings. How much RAM do you have?

Termix
6th Aug 2009, 18:36
It should run alright, my brother's PC is using my old 8600, and he can handle most games at relatively high settings. How much RAM do you have?

Minimum System Requirements:
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, or 7
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 3GHz or AMD Athlon 64 3500+
RAM: 1GB for Windows XP 2GB for Windows Vista / Windows 7
GRAPHICS: nVidia 6600 or ATI 1300
SOUND: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c -compatible)
DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
HARD DRIVE: 9GB free disk space
INPUT DEVICES: 100% Windows XP/Vista/7 compatible mouse and keyboard

Recommended System Requirements:
OPERATING SYSTEM: Microsoft Windows XP, Vista, or 7
CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4Ghz) or Athlon 64 X2 4600+
RAM: 2GB for Windows XP / 3GB for Windows Vista / Windows 7
GRAPHICS: nVidia 9800GTX or ATI 3870
SOUND: Microsoft Windows XP/Vista/7 compatible sound card (100% DirectX 9.0c -compatible)
DVD-ROM: Quad-speed (4x) DVD-ROM drive
HARD DRIVE: 9GB free disk space
INPUT DEVICES: 100% Windows XP/Vista/7 compatible mouse and keyboard / Xbox 360 Controller for Windows

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=91193

so short answer: yes you should be able to play it with medium settings, without PhysX though (i think jay said 8800+ needed)

Nemesis296
6th Aug 2009, 18:38

2GB RAM with Vista...I also have the Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card. I should have said that it was the Fatal1ty not Infinity...I got lost and confused for a second. The only limitation that my system really has to new games is the 1.8 GHz Processor speed.

But I can run Crysis with Mid-High graphics with very little lag.

Edit: I have a PhysX accelerator too.

kpow
6th Aug 2009, 18:50
2GB RAM with Vista...I also have the Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card. I should have said that it was the Fatal1ty not Infinity...I got lost and confused for a second. The only limitation that my system really has to new games is the 1.8 GHz Processor speed.

But I can run Crysis with Mid-High graphics with very little lag.

Edit: I have a PhysX accelerator too.

You should definitely get more RAM for Vista.

h3r3tic666
6th Aug 2009, 18:54
You should definitely get more RAM for Vista.

And get a 64bit OS ;)

kpow
6th Aug 2009, 19:05
And get a 64bit OS ;)

I'd say go for the Windows 7 RC. It's badass and a huge performance boost over how shotty Vista was. Oh, and it's free!

h3r3tic666
6th Aug 2009, 19:09
I'd say go for the Windows 7 RC. It's badass and a huge performance boost over how shotty Vista was. Oh, and it's free!

100% agree ! it's awesome plus no compatipility issue since installing it

kpow
6th Aug 2009, 19:14
I have a question for Keir or whoever else regarding the PC demo. Will it be available at midnight on Friday, and if so, under which time zone? I'd like to know whether to plan to stay up tonight or not.

I'm US East, FYI.

EDIT: I have another question, will PhysX be used with Batman's cape at all to help with clipping? The cape physics right now are stunning for not using PhysX at all until now, btw. Just curious!

Nemesis296
6th Aug 2009, 19:17

Is that still available in the beta? I thought it was being released in October for full retail version. Also, I'm not too familiar with the performance specs on W7 vs Vista...can anyone assist with this,including how to set it up (upgrade)?

FYI, the tower I have currently was a mildly high-up build from DELL that I bought in the summer of 2007, and since then I have only upgrade the video card and sound card. It runs like a dream though :D

kpow
6th Aug 2009, 19:19
Is that still available in the beta? I thought it was being released in October for full retail version. Also, I'm not too familiar with the performance specs on W7 vs Vista...can anyone assist with this?

It's in RC (Release Candidate). It's pretty much a full working retail version, so developers and such can test it out before it gets released in October.

As far as performance goes, I dual-boot Ubuntu on this box, and I can say that as far as boot times goes, it's a VERY close contest. Which is really saying something for Microsoft when it can compete with the Linux kernel for speed.

ChaunceyAbignail
6th Aug 2009, 19:21
Wait, is this release update new? I mean, the PC version was originally suppose to ship alongside consoles yes?

Nemesis296
6th Aug 2009, 19:24
Has anyone had problems installing it (Windows 7 RC)? (It says it reccommends not using your primary machine to install it...)

I have 2 computers, but the other is a laptop that is really like a brick. Big. Small HD. Weighs 10 lbs. If only I could steal the processor from this baby though....3.4 GHz.

Nemesis296
6th Aug 2009, 19:25
Wait, is this release update new? I mean, the PC version was originally suppose to ship alongside consoles yes?

Read page 1. Keir is omniscient.

Ryuuie
6th Aug 2009, 19:31

Yes it is new.

Also, Windows 7 will run very well on most PCs but it's highly recommended that you upgrade to at LEAST 4GB of RAM (don't complain, RAM is cheap.. I've bought exactly 2GB of RAM for $30) and get the x64 version of Windows 7.

Windows 7 releases to the public on October 22, 2009. It RTM'd already late July.

Has anyone had problems installing it (Windows 7 RC)? (It says it reccommends not using your primary machine to install it...)

I have 2 computers, but the other is a laptop that is really like a brick. Big. Small HD. Weighs 10 lbs. If only I could steal the processor from this baby though....3.4 GHz.

No, I haven't had any problems installing or running it, I've been running the Windows 7 RC for about 3 months now.

Key is to not upgrade install, just flat out wipe your machine (or make a new partition) and install on that.

emb531
6th Aug 2009, 19:35

Windows 7 is amazing, and the RC will not give you any problems what so ever, it is honestly leaps and bounds ahead of Vista. You can find the RTM (release to manufacturers) which is the final completed build if you know where to look, it is build 7600, I'm using it now and would never consider going back to Vista or using a computer in general without Windows 7.

Thanks for letting us know Keir, pretty disappointed though. I was really anticipating that 25th release date, as it is the week before I go back to school (ugh...2 more semesters then I get my Bachelor's though :o). Now am I even more anxious for the demo to check out the PhysX implementation. I'll post some screens as soon as its out :cool:

Termix
6th Aug 2009, 19:38
I have a question for Keir or whoever else regarding the PC demo. Will it be available at midnight on Friday, and if so, under which time zone? I'd like to know whether to plan to stay up tonight or not.

I'm US East, FYI.

EDIT: I have another question, will PhysX be used with Batman's cape at all to help with clipping? The cape physics right now are stunning for not using PhysX at all until now, btw. Just curious!

It should be avaible the latest at 8-9 pm your time, if Eidos is good it should be avaible in 2-3 hours.

Yes, PhysX should apply to Batman's cape as well.

keenu
6th Aug 2009, 19:44
:( To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. Why the delay? It already got the delayed in the first place. Btw, that’s the same day as Resident Evil 5 on PC gets released – don’t which to play first now.

Nemesis296
6th Aug 2009, 19:44
Yes it is new.

Also, Windows 7 will run very well on most PCs but it's highly recommended that you upgrade to at LEAST 4GB of RAM (don't complain, RAM is cheap.. I've bought exactly 2GB of RAM for $30) and get the x64 version of Windows 7.

Windows 7 releases to the public on October 22, 2009. It RTM'd already late July.

No, I haven't had any problems installing or running it, I've been running the Windows 7 RC for about 3 months now.

Key is to not upgrade install, just flat out wipe your machine (or make a new partition) and install on that.

Ok, cool. Man the idea of wiping out my computer just sounds scary. I probably should do more backing up than I do....which would be anything; since I never do.

I'm guessing that upgrading my RAM to 4GB would require two sticks of 2GB...since I more than likely have 2 1GB sticks currently; plus an external HD to back everything up before wiping for Windows 7...sounds like an expensive experiment to me ;)

I suppose I could give it a shot though...but is the processor speed going to hinder me at all, to the point where this whole thing would be pointless?

Thanks for all your guys' input!

kpow
6th Aug 2009, 20:26
...sounds like an expensive experiment to me ;)

Welcome to PC land, if it isn't expensive then it isn't worth doing!

Here's what Mirror's Edge added to the PC because of its delay. And from someone who played both PC and 360 versions all the way through multiple times, I will say that it really helped immerse you, and pushed the game just that bit more to make it even better. When glass shatters it doesn't just fade out, it actually hits the ground, and stays there. Cloth bends and tears somewhat realistically (it's better than nothing), water has the potential to flow freely, you can use softbodies (the Gears of War 2 'meat cube' or the great kulu techdemo) to simulate muscle contracting or so many other things.

Huge potential for added cape support for batman (having it not clip through enemies, etc),

tvhw_v3q4L8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvhw_v3q4L8

Termix
6th Aug 2009, 22:15
Here's what Mirror's Edge added to the PC because of its delay. And from someone who played both PC and 360 versions all the way through multiple times, I will say that it really helped immerse you, and pushed the game just that bit more to make it even better. When glass shatters it doesn't just fade out, it actually hits the ground, and stays there. Cloth bends and tears somewhat realistically (it's better than nothing), water has the potential to flow freely, you can use softbodies (the Gears of War 2 'meat cube' or the great kulu techdemo) to simulate muscle contracting or so many other things.

Just posted a comparison vid on page 1 if you are interested :)
And YES PhysX is great, same physics as havok (maybe better) and some nice other additions.

ltolman
7th Aug 2009, 01:57
/sigh ok I just dont understand. I'm hoping either a community member OR someone from Eidos/Rocksteady can answer.

What is significant about September 15th 2009? Duh I know that Batman is available for the PC but what I mean is, do us PC Gamers get an update to our already owned equipment?

I own a NVidia GeForce 8800 Ultra, 768mb Video Card
I have the latest NVidia Drivers ~ 190.38
I have NVidia PhysX currently installed with the latest version of ~ 09.09.0428

So I guess what I'm trying to say, unless NVidia and PhysX is getting a driver update on September 15th 2009, why is Batman being delayed until then if we already own the proper equipment.

(PS I didnt see "why" in the press release)

Unstoppable
7th Aug 2009, 16:07
I can't play the demo cuz I'm on an ATI card so on Physx how lame. Yes the physx is set o off an the game still ask for the latest version.

Zogrim
7th Aug 2009, 16:16
I can't play the demo cuz I'm on an ATI card so on Physx how lame. Yes the physx is set o off an the game still ask for the latest version.
I bet it's asking for system software (http://www.nvidia.com/object/physx_9.09.0428_whql.html). Yes, installing on system with ATI GPU too, that's engine dynamic libraries, valuable for CPU mode

Cirap
7th Aug 2009, 16:25
I hope they also fix AA for ATI users

we shouldn't have to force it through CCC

kpow
7th Aug 2009, 17:54
I hope they also fix AA for ATI users

we shouldn't have to force it through CCC

This is what PC demos are for!

Henke123
9th Aug 2009, 12:59
Will the "Batbox" and leather-cover journal only be in the US Collector's Editions? In other words, not available in the PC CE?

Inzane
18th Aug 2009, 03:20
I looked all over the board for a straight answers about the Pc Collectors Edition, Why are USA PC users getting the shaft on this?? Many of us don't have console units and it feels unfair.

hlhbk
18th Aug 2009, 03:32
Not sure why the US isn't getting the CE, but more than likely it will be blamed on piracy and fearing they won't be able to sell enough copies.

Inzane
18th Aug 2009, 03:43
Not sure why the US isn't getting the CE, but more than likely it will be blamed on piracy and fearing they won't be able to sell enough copies.

Thanks for the reply, I still want to hear the official explanation. They are dodging this question like a hot potato.

GR1NG0_SU4V3
18th Aug 2009, 03:47
I feel bad for PC users,
but it seems like the PhysX support will more than make up for it.
It's going to give them more of that "be Batman" feeling than we're already getting.
20 more days will suck to wait through, but the payout will be huge.
:]

Inzane
18th Aug 2009, 03:56
I feel bad for PC users,
but it seems like the PhysX support will more than make up for it.
It's going to give them more of that "be Batman" feeling than we're already getting.
20 more days will suck to wait through, but the payout will be huge.
:]

alot of us don't own physX cards. I personally boycott Nivida. I wish game companies would stop useing closed formats like Physx, but thats for a whole other discussion.

ThanassisV
18th Aug 2009, 08:31
Well they should release two versions of the game.One with PhysX and one with no.
That way we could decide if we wanted to wait or not !

I am kidding ofcource...

lostsomething
18th Aug 2009, 11:23
It might be worth adding that Newegg and nVidia are having a Batman promotion on most of their GTX 200 series cards - buy one and get the game free.

Inzane
18th Aug 2009, 16:21
Still no official answer?

dantivirus
25th Aug 2009, 16:10
Just because PhysX is in a game does not make it better nor is it an excuse for a 3 week delay. I seriously find that is the reason for yet another delay. Odds are, the game is done.

Batz-R-Us
25th Aug 2009, 16:20
Just because PhysX is in a game does not make it better nor is it an excuse for a 3 week delay. I seriously find that is the reason for yet another delay. Odds are, the game is done.

Odds are yes the game is done, but they have to go back through the game implementing the extra physics, they also have to optimise it so it runs well with the minimum requirements and so forth.

SteMot
25th Aug 2009, 16:27
/sigh ok I just dont understand. I'm hoping either a community member OR someone from Eidos/Rocksteady can answer.

What is significant about September 15th 2009? Duh I know that Batman is available for the PC but what I mean is, do us PC Gamers get an update to our already owned equipment?

I own a NVidia GeForce 8800 Ultra, 768mb Video Card
I have the latest NVidia Drivers ~ 190.38
I have NVidia PhysX currently installed with the latest version of ~ 09.09.0428

So I guess what I'm trying to say, unless NVidia and PhysX is getting a driver update on September 15th 2009, why is Batman being delayed until then if we already own the proper equipment.

(PS I didnt see "why" in the press release)

You may have the proper equipment, but the PhysX code still has to implemented into the game. What is their to not understand with this?

Inzane
25th Aug 2009, 20:27
As I posted before, PhysX makes me nervous because its been known to add a whole set of problems into the mix. I don't like the fact its forcing you to install Nvidia software. And it has broken many of the games that I used to play. I owned Nvidia products. even using the required Graphics cards I ran into problems. So I said goodbye to Nvidia. Their support for their physx stinks. its a waste of time and resorces for developers to include it. And with pc gaming as of late, its hit or miss. A few companies that partnered with Nvidia, went under because of this waste of time and resources. Nvidia has been purposely holding back gaming development. I feel that there should be a support group for people/Devs screwed over by Nvidia. They are pulling the same garbage 3dfx did right before they folded.

Kyouto42
25th Aug 2009, 21:58
Oh, it was pushed out. I was actually looking forward to it. Now it comes out the same day as Dirt 2, guess I'll wait until Batman's in the bargin bin now, especially as ATI cards won't run physX. Lost a willing $50 customer.

iceman0124
26th Aug 2009, 03:46
As I posted before, PhysX makes me nervous because its been known to add a whole set of problems into the mix. I don't like the fact its forcing you to install Nvidia software. And it has broken many of the games that I used to play. I owned Nvidia products. even using the required Graphics cards I ran into problems. So I said goodbye to Nvidia. Their support for their physx stinks. its a waste of time and resorces for developers to include it. And with pc gaming as of late, its hit or miss. A few companies that partnered with Nvidia, went under because of this waste of time and resources. Nvidia has been purposely holding back gaming development. I feel that there should be a support group for people/Devs screwed over by Nvidia. They are pulling the same garbage 3dfx did right before they folded.

You dont have to use it....there options for none, normal , and full physx. I've been nothing but pleased with my GTX260FTW, when my 320mb 8800GTS couldnt cut it, I gave 2 4850's and a 4870 a try and had nothing but troubles, couldnt run it dual monitor mode with dvi, and while benches looked good, I had stuttering in games and odd artifacts no matter what I did, got the 260, and as long as I stay away from beta drivers, no problems at all with a fairly high OC

Billyman
26th Aug 2009, 22:53
I got semester break therefore i want to play it as soon as possible and I'll get it twice, because PS3/360 don't have PhysX implemented and i really love PhysX :)

I'm getting twice too....cause i want the CE and the PC version's PhysX