PDA

View Full Version : I'll be back after my move.

Tin Star
30th Jul 2009, 06:38
As a few of you know for the last few months my wife and I have been getting ready for our move from NH. to our new home in Tenn.Well the day is here and everything is ready for the movers to load on the truck so I won't be here for about a week until we are moved in and I get my computers unpacked so until then everyone take care and I be back soon.

Tin Star

theBlackman
30th Jul 2009, 08:45
Have a safe trip and let us know when all is ready. I hope you will enjoy your new home and hearth.

Dusty

BrokenArts
30th Jul 2009, 17:04
Indeed, have a safe trip. Say hello to Clayman when you get the chance. Touch base when you can. :-)

Shadow Creepr
30th Jul 2009, 19:28
Good luck on your move! Let us know when you are settled in. What area are you moving to? I used to live in TN myself.

littlektaffer
4th Sep 2009, 01:22
TN is such a beautiful state. I would move there if I could. I hope you enjoy it.

Tin Star
9th Sep 2009, 23:13
Hi everyone I am nearly settled in now after having gone over a few bumps in the road.

My wife and I left NH.on Aug.1 at 6am.and stopped in Va.for the night and done the last leg of the trip on Aug.2 only to find out that when we got here the water and the electric was not hooked up yet so we stayed at a motel in town until that Friday the 8th. and they got that done which was ok because we asked Atlas moving not to bring our things until Wed.Aug.13,because I wanted to have a shed built for my work shop stuff befor they got here with it.Well the shed was done and the water and electric was all set and guess what no truck shows up on the 13th. so we called them and they said they were running behind and would be here on the 14th. around noon time so I said ok its only one more day right.Wrong not only did they not show up on the 14th. they didn't show up on the 15th.16th. 17th. 18th. or the 19th.needless to say I was about ready to shoot me an Atlas truck driver.Well they finaly showed up on the 20th. of Aug.
Great right wrong again they had our things alright but they destroyed the washer and the dryer my computer desk was in pieces bent the guides on my table saw lost our dinning room table and crushed almost every box that was on the truck,my wife is still is making out a list of the glassware and picture frames that were broken.The insurance will pay for the damaged things but it not going to be enough to cover the cost of replacing them with new things,so if any of you move don't let Atlas move your stuff if you want it on time and in one peice.

Now that I have that off my chest its good to be back on line and back here,Shadow Creepr I moved to Baxter just outside Cookeville Tenn.its about 116 miles from Knoxville and Clayman and about 79 miles from Nashville.

Tin Star

theBlackman
10th Sep 2009, 06:44
Glad it wasn't worse. I may be moving in a month or two also. But I think I'll try PODS.

We found a place in Oregon that is perfect. Not too far from civilization, but off the road enough to keep casual visitors out.

Here are a couple of views from the frontage road.

1.38 acres,400 foot creek frontage, 4 bedrooms and outbuildings with a pool. Less than $260,000.

Tin Star
10th Sep 2009, 08:47
That looks like a real nice place you will be moving to Blackman,I wish we had used anyone or anything else other then Atlas for our move.They most likely would have destroyed my 4 computers and two telescopes if I had let them load them on the truck instead of taking them with me in our van.

Tin Star

BrokenArts
11th Sep 2009, 05:21
Glad you are finally moved Tin Star, and man what a night mare with Atlas. Thats a royal pain in the you know what. If you have anything that is broken, like you need it fixed, you know where to go....:D

Dusty, that place is cool! I love it! I've always wanted a place like that. Very nice. :)

theBlackman
11th Sep 2009, 07:25
Thanks BA, and Tinman. One of these days I'll tell you the whole story. It only took us 5 years to get it. :)

Here are two views from a different direction.

Tin Star
11th Sep 2009, 08:42
My wife and I have 6 acres of which two and a half are wooded,we plan on putting out some apple,peach,plum and pear trees next year along with our garden.We do have a few fruit trees now a peach and 2 pear trees and a black walnut tree but that is not enough for canning and just eating right off the trees.

Tin Star

theBlackman
11th Sep 2009, 18:29
I'll probably put in a couple of apple and maybe some plum. There will definitely be a truck garden.

I've peaches and plums here but it's a wee chill for peaches were the house is.

Wooded acres are nice. I was hoping for a few acres partly wooded, but we fell in love with this place. The rooms and location were just perfect, so I/we passed on the trees.

Your area has some nice hickory, and other hardwoods. What? no cherry trees. :)

Tin Star
11th Sep 2009, 22:11
We do have some cherry trees,3black cherry and 4 red cherry trees and we might be able to get some of them if the birds would leave them alone they are a bigger thief then Garrett is when it comes to those cherry trees.

Tin Star

theBlackman
12th Sep 2009, 00:41
Get some old DVDs or CDs. Hang them in the trees. The flash of the discs as they sway in the breeze scares the birds away.

Works for me.

Tin Star
12th Sep 2009, 07:43
Thanks Blackman that sounds like a good idea I'll give it a try.

Tin Star

littlektaffer
16th Sep 2009, 01:49
Wow both of your places are so nice. I know you will enjoy the move.