PDA

View Full Version : FF7 no new sprites....

Vinnydude
14th Aug 2012, 11:17
So I've just bought the new release and I'm pretty pissed.

On all the pre-release screenshots it shows new moddeled characters.

Where are they on the release?!

mooja3
14th Aug 2012, 11:22
im not sure what screenshots you were looking at, but they all look just like the original PS1 release to me

Vinnydude
14th Aug 2012, 11:24
finalfantasyviipc.com/en (http://finalfantasyviipc.com/en)

Scroll down to media.

mooja3
14th Aug 2012, 11:26
store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/... (http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/productID.250845500#.UCp7AJZ5KSq)

try looking at actual screenshots and not promo art. thats still the same promo art they pushed out with the PS1 release though. the trailer is all from the cinematics though

havyk26
14th Aug 2012, 11:28
Once your on the buy now pages even then the battle models and everything seem to be improved...I know there was someone working on a mod with these kind of graphics...but yes SE does have these improved graphics listed under screenshots for the buy now page.

store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Acti... (http://store.na.square-enix.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=sqenixus&Locale=en_US&Env=BASE&productID=250845500#.UCp8m51lRhN)

Vinnydude
14th Aug 2012, 11:29
Boo.

I'll just have to replay it all with the normal sprites in super quality then :D

Oragami
14th Aug 2012, 13:09
at least you are playing it :) I am at 1 Hour left on my download...I COULD be playing my PS1 Discs...but hey whats the point iv already waited THIS EFFING LONG lol i might as wel wait the hour so i can do the achievments :)!!!!!!

PS. Im so freaken excited to play lol i can barely contan MY GLEEEEEEEEEEEE

Quadocky
14th Aug 2012, 19:18
Wow, this is quite shocking. It even has the XG LGP (dated 1998) and the Soundfonts! Whoa. I really thought it was just going to be some Emulated Version of the PSstore one given the high system requirements.

Any other treasures discovered by you guys?

I mean, the OGG soundtrack is pretty unique to boot. Sounds like they ran the GM version through some kinda Roland Sound Canvas. However, yes it is REALLY bad. Good thing they have the XG lgp, I could extract it and use the MIDI data.

Just got playing it, even has the EIDOS logo and.. well this:

cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/9370008212368... (http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/937000821236814106/B11F4F9D21AF7DCEF39F7240EBE6D92AD1AF1E18/)

It is definately the PC version. Can't wait to replace the soundtrack though, its okay, but I really miss the XG sounds.

The "Original Graphics Mode" Is pretty nifty, makes the game look like its running in 640x480 even though you are running it at max settings.

Skittles
14th Aug 2012, 20:21
Well it is just a re-release so... But on the other hand i cant wait for people to figure out how to mod and add the a better soundtrack in.

the_randomizer
14th Aug 2012, 21:09
Well it is just a re-release so... But on the other hand i cant wait for people to figure out how to mod and add the a better soundtrack in.

You don't need to mod, if you have the original soundtrack, you just replace the .ogg files.

Quadocky
14th Aug 2012, 23:07

You don't need to mod, if you have the original soundtrack, you just replace the .ogg files.

However, I believe these OGGs have loop points plus the names would have to be changed to match the naming convention in the game.

To make an accurate sound pack conversion one might have to figure out where to put the loop points.

Sen_Auditore
14th Aug 2012, 23:10

However, I believe these OGGs have loop points plus the names would have to be changed to match the naming convention in the game.

To make an accurate sound pack conversion one might have to figure out where to put the loop points.

You are correct in that. The timings would have to be perfect between the original OGG's and new ones. Someone will get a mod up, for now I just turn the music off and loop my OST on Itunes. I was also shocked its a straight port, almost dead on too. Its a true blast from the past, all the did was fix the compatibility on it to be honest. But this is my 7th or 8th time buying the game so Im not expecting the world. I just wish some of the Achievements were tougher, I mean I did all of that stuff on my own speed runs for fun ^^; Oh well. Its still nice regardless.

the_randomizer
14th Aug 2012, 23:32

You are correct in that. The timings would have to be perfect between the original OGG's and new ones. Someone will get a mod up, for now I just turn the music off and loop my OST on Itunes. I was also shocked its a straight port, almost dead on too. Its a true blast from the past, all the did was fix the compatibility on it to be honest. But this is my 7th or 8th time buying the game so Im not expecting the world. I just wish some of the Achievements were tougher, I mean I did all of that stuff on my own speed runs for fun ^^; Oh well. Its still nice regardless.

Audacity would indicate when/where those loops occur. The music files are direct game rips (from the PSF data itself) and not from an actual OST release; in other words, they would use the same loops or at least they should.

Sen_Auditore
14th Aug 2012, 23:33

Audacity would indicate when/where those loops occur.

Solid Point, but, Im waaaay to lazy for all of that jazz!

Quadocky
14th Aug 2012, 23:42

Audacity would indicate when/where those loops occur. The music files are direct game rips (from the PSF data itself) and not from an actual OST release; in other words, they would use the same loops or at least they should.

Actually I am unsure if they even have loop points, but I will check the game files now in audacity and see for myself.

EDIT: I cannot seem to find them in Audacity, then again I don't even know how to make them 'show up' so to speak.

gijoesamo
15th Aug 2012, 12:42
sound fix

www.gamefront.com/files/22128993/FF7+Fix... (http://www.gamefront.com/files/22128993/FF7+Fixed+Music.rar)

Just download and place all files into your C:\Program Files (x86)\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\music_ogg folder.

Joe

nfarrow
17th Aug 2012, 04:05
Since everyone on here seems to be in a very bad mood. I just wanted to say thank you for allowing me to download FF7 to my PC. I have wanted to play this game legally for a very long time. I haven't been able to play it since the PSone days. (Never got to finish it). Kind of funny this game was designed to be on the Nintendo 64.

(www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1q9JKmuVUI&feat... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1q9JKmuVUI&feature=player_detailpage#t=360s)).

Now here here is my question for Square-Enix could I get FF7 to play on all console for a price?

Will we get an updates on, “Chrono Trigger?”

Can I donate money for “Chrono Trigger” project?

vsilverwings
17th Aug 2012, 04:25
Thank you also. I have PSX, PSN copies already but was appealed by the new features to the PC (which I didn't get previously). Granted the music is substandard but this has a solution and SE may even adopt it themselves. Other issues aside like synching...well okay make a backup on your pc first I would anyway this game wasn't meant to be a remake not by a long shot nor was it meant to be a poor attempt to get existing customers to buy another copy (some games release then bring a new deluxe version like MGS3 though that was a good example and gave a lot for buying another copy, you get my point.

What I hope makes this different from the old pc version is the support through internet patches so I'd be looking for SE to patch over the coming weeks. Granted many seem ot have problems well yeah it's a massively popular game and many were trying to download. Questions exist which hopefully SE will answer so while it may have it's problems there are ways to get around them and SE could have not done anything for the pc audience when they've got a successful console version out there.

Bit disappointed over some less than positive areas like music but overall still happy I got it and look forward to fixes or failing that work arounds which people have made and I thank them wholeheartedly for taking the effort to improve the game for everyone.

Grimoire
17th Aug 2012, 07:21
The PC version will always be the PC version, with all there is to it (bugs and music format counted). It's good to be able to play it again, in spite of the newer operative systems that made the original release unplayable. (I still prefer a PS emulator for playing it though. ^_-)

member_10103292
17th Aug 2012, 12:34
I came here to show my love as well. I've been waiting for something like this for awhile. Thank you square-enix. All the people hating and having problems instanly blame square when 95% of the complain threads i see the issue is with the user or their machine.

Grimoire
17th Aug 2012, 12:51
Well, I had no problems whatsoever with the purchase, download and installation, so that percentage would make sense.

jcox2820
17th Aug 2012, 17:47
Even though I could easily play a pirated version of this game on my PC (which is really the only plausible way for most people who don't own a PSP to play, up untill now), I choose to buy this version because I want to encourage Squenix to re-release their games in formats that many users can play. However, if that means dealing with some of the worse DRM in the business, pointless new design decisions that make the game cost more, and horrible support I can't say I still want to encourage it.

Kwh71787
17th Aug 2012, 17:58
I'm glad everyone else is able to download the game. I never got a download link via email or threw my profile. And every time I try to download threw the site it tries to make me pay again.

So Thanks Squaresoft oh I mean Square Enix for taking my 10$ and failing to deliver or even acknoledge your "mistake".

No wonder Noboro Uemotsu left

Addypence-289920
17th Aug 2012, 18:27
This day has been wonderful. Very happy they did this. I pray for FF8 and 9.

Lostdestiny14
18th Aug 2012, 13:20
Word..

Thank you Square for bringing back one of my favorite games of all time. Its everything I wanted. I dont need a HD remake, nor XBOX controller cap. Just a working verison of this game for my PC and its been 100% so far! All I wanted to play my favorite game from my teenage years. Hope you rerelease FF8 and FF9 as well! You guys have a renewed faith from me now.

member_10074094
18th Aug 2012, 22:29
Since I have a backwards compatible ps3, I'm not particularly interested, but the fact that its been optimized for modern pc's makes me excited...

so, I have some questions

1) Are there any changes in the game? I've heard the music is different, but is there any new scenes, bosses, areas, ect?

2) what the hell is character booster? sounds OP

lyk13
18th Aug 2012, 22:57
Music on the PC can be changed, as you may have seen from a couple of threads here. People are doing their own PSX, Yamaha-synthesized original tracks for use in ogg format with looping. PC community benefitting from this for sure.

Nah, no new features. This is an exact PC port, with maybe some bug fixes from what I read.

Character booster is OP. It boosts your characters in that save slot to lv 99 and gives you like close to 50,000,000 gil.

Marxam
18th Aug 2012, 23:30
that is of course... if you're actually able to DOWNLOAD the damn thing >:/

Quadocky
18th Aug 2012, 23:36
Changes Include: (that I know of)

Uses OGG music instead of MIDI. (so it can be replaced with any other soundtrack, needs loops for proper effect however, default soundtrack sounds bad so its recommended)

The music fades in an out properly. (like the Playstation version)

You can change the resolution to any size. (but its better to maintain aspect ratio to avoid quality loss)

Features "Original Graphics Mode" which is a filter that makes the game look like its running in 640x480 despite the high resolution.

Cloud saves (saves are saved online)

Features updated translation that is unique to the PC version from 1998. (but no new updates from then)

You can adjust linear filtering to be on or off.

The character booster I believe can either add gil or health.

The cinimatics are better than the 1998 version, featuring something similar to that of the Playstation.

Aaand that is all I can think of right now.

Grimoire
18th Aug 2012, 23:41
There are also a few more bugs in the (original) PC version, such as the open mounth glitch (which has not been corrected for this release) and "Vincent the Girl-kicker".

member_10074094
19th Aug 2012, 08:53
Thanks for the replies everyone! I guess as long as I have this backwards compatible ps3, I'm not missing out on anything other than a lazy free-win character booster button (which would ruin the game for me).

Hambgen
26th Nov 2012, 14:17
Square Enix, I just want to say I LIKE this game better now than earlier.
Better details and it isn't slow like the other version.
I'm very happy, first trying playing it today and it was a SUCCESS!!
And I was like *WOOT* When I read at Square Enix forums. And I checked it out immediately.
But if this game was FULL HD REMAKED. More Final Fantasy VII fans would play and it would be the best game ever made!!
I know if I'm a little bit silly now, but it's the truth. Many of us love Final Fantasy VII, include me. I'm a BIG fan of this game!!

Just want to say thanks for you guys!

Grimoire
26th Nov 2012, 14:25
Discussions about [FINAL FANTASY VII] belong in the [FINAL FANTASY VII (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/233973/FINAL_FANTASY_VII)] forum.
The PC port of said title, originally released 1998, is not a remake.

Hambgen
26th Nov 2012, 14:27
Just wanted to say thanks for 2012 version, it is much better!!
Thanks again Square Enix! Btw, full version HD remake would be awesome!:)

WorstBirthdayEver
10th Dec 2012, 07:34
I loved the PS1's OST. The one on the PC version... well, the good thing is that the composition's all the same, and the instruments are less herp derp. Some tracks such as Still Fighting and Shinra's theme sound watered down and too soft. Some tracks such as the world map themes, highwind and the chocobo racing theme sound a bit more cleaned up. Some tracks sound pretty much identical such as Fighting.

But better than all of that, no more "This guy are sick."