PDA

View Full Version : What type of TR puzzles are the best?

Error96_
24th Jul 2009, 01:08
I was thinking about the different types of puzzles in TR games and how they had changed.

You can think of level/door and lock and key with tons of backtracking in Core games, time trials and spike wall timed puzzles. In CD games there is often direct puzzles like TRL/TRA ancient mechanisms with things like pressure pads or multi-layer puzzles where several levers, items and mechnisms are used to open a single door.

I was wondering which type of puzzles everyone finds the best and what you want to see more of.

Bampire
24th Jul 2009, 02:05
One thing I really love is Mazes, and labyrinths. They're not entirely puzzles that you put together to get to another area, but it's more like find your way out, if you're smart enough to figure it out.

Another thing that I enjoy are key puzzles. Find the key, put it in the correct area. A great example is the first puzzle in TR:U.

Though, the TR games need more complicated and interesting puzzles. I cannot stand the timed puzzles, but I will miss them if they're taken out of the games.

LARALOVERnr1
24th Jul 2009, 13:42
I liked that puzzle in TR:A, Santacury of the Scion first puzzle.

tombraidergal
24th Jul 2009, 13:49
I like the legend Ghana puzzles! Like the blades and boulders and the water wheel! Everythig in tomb raider legend is he best! If only thy could do that on next TR but loads in the open world environet

LARALOVERnr1
24th Jul 2009, 13:51
I like the legend Ghana puzzles! Like the blades and boulders and the water wheel!

Those where just to easy...

tombraidergal
24th Jul 2009, 13:59
I know, that's why I said more of them. :)

LARALOVERnr1
24th Jul 2009, 14:22
But that would make TR just to easy!

jayjay119
24th Jul 2009, 15:27
I really liek all the puzzles in TR. CD's and Core's styles are both nice to play in general. I would like to see a return to Core's element of a whole are being a puzzle, Legend tried to do this but it wasn't hard enough. Cd need to work on their level of complexity for their puzzles.

I think it would be a good idea for them in the next game to really overhaul the player tailoring (cannot stress that enough, letting the player choose how they play is the way forward.) and add a separate action and riddle difficulty level akin to what Silent Hill 2 and 3 had. That way the player can play at their own level in both areas.

Flintmelody
24th Jul 2009, 15:54
Levers and key to open door are best for me. lots of exploring to find where the door open or where the key goes. The whole level can be a puzzle. I like that and all the exploration it brings.

Don't like multi-stage puzzles of TRU where you have to do loads of minitasks to open a door and then once you have done those you find there is even more minitasks to do. Get's a bit boring.