PDA

View Full Version : What do you want Lara to look like in New Tomb Raider game in 2010

Icetea555
22nd Jul 2009, 03:28
I would like Lara Croft to look just like this picture. Lara Croft with reddish brown hair color.
http://i29.tinypic.com/348fy9h.jpg:)
I also just want her to look like Lara Croft with all her recognizable features. Just like in the pick I posted here. She looks like TRU only thing with reddish brown hair color. I would love to see Lara Croft get back her reddish brown hair color back.

josh1122
22nd Jul 2009, 05:48
I want her to actually look like Lara, so pretty much anything other than the TR 9 concept art that resembles either CD Lara or CORE Lara would be fine to me

hyrule12
22nd Jul 2009, 08:30
idk how i would like her to look, ill be happy with whatever comes out, i still think the concept art is the new game.

DarlinG
22nd Jul 2009, 08:41
I'll tell you what i don't want her to look like-the new concepts

LARALOVERnr1
22nd Jul 2009, 08:42
i still think the concept art is the new game.

If it is, i love her outfit!:)

Andy64
22nd Jul 2009, 10:43
I'll tell you what i don't want her to look like-the new concepts

Yes definately. I think they would be very silly to go with that look for Lara.

The picture at the top of the thread looks quite good. Ideally I would go for a Core look Lara particually if it's an origin story but a TRL-TRU look would be fine. As long as she has the classic Lara face and body shape I think it will be cool.

jayjay119
22nd Jul 2009, 12:42
Well I like the TRU Lara model and wouldn't mind an updated, more realistic version of that. But considering that she is meant to look younger I'd like an updated version of the TRA Lara, that's in tied 1st place as favorite model for me!

Wlado.Srbija
22nd Jul 2009, 14:59
Anything except TRA, TRU and new concepts. I would like something AoD, or maybe early TRL. :D

jayjay119
22nd Jul 2009, 15:38
ohh yeah, I liked the early TRL model. It was like natural evolution of the AOD model and looked so much more like Lara than the final model they used. For those of you who have not seen the early Legend model:

http://www.larasanctuary.com/tombraiderlegends/lara_screen001.jpg

Edit: its a bit bigger than I expected, does anyone know how I can resize it?

LARALOVERnr1
22nd Jul 2009, 16:04
Upload it again, and select the ''Resize Image''-button. :D

And that Legend outfit is pretty cool.

Pulse
22nd Jul 2009, 20:40
I'd like her to look like Zoey from Left 4 Dead. Pictures:

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4102/851094-764e7f16c7b77bc188873549ec127479300cab8b_full_large.jpg http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/archives/images/2009/06/zoey.jpg

chriss_99
22nd Jul 2009, 20:43
I just want her to look like Lara Croft with all her recognizable features, not like the girl in the concept art.

LARALOVERnr1
22nd Jul 2009, 20:46
I'd like her to look like Zoey from Left 4 Dead. Pictures:

http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/4102/851094-764e7f16c7b77bc188873549ec127479300cab8b_full_large.jpg http://www.aeropause.com/wordpress/archives/images/2009/06/zoey.jpg

WTFLULZ.... why Zoey?

Pulse
22nd Jul 2009, 20:54
Because She looks a lot like Lara, IMO. If she was wearing a backpack and boots and holsters in the second pic, that'd be a good model for TR9, to me anyway.

I guess she could look like Rochelle :p:

http://i28.tinypic.com/14y8glv.jpg

Wlado.Srbija
22nd Jul 2009, 22:14
I actually thought the very first TRL concept... :p

Error96_
23rd Jul 2009, 00:39
I love that early TRL concept. I hadn't seen that before it think it's well cool. Would really like to see that Lara model used in a CD game. An adapted TRA model Lara would also be a great selection if it's an origin story.

I just want her to look like Lara Croft with all her recognizable features, not like the girl in the concept art.

Couldn't agree more.

RaiderGirl#1
23rd Jul 2009, 00:54
I think she looked okay in TRU, just much more...angular?
Honestly, I just want her to have at least a little more color than in TRU. She seemed so pale, and when you're running out in the sun...you're probably not gonna be pale ;)

Bampire
23rd Jul 2009, 03:58
@icetea -That's an awesome render, but I'd rather her wear something that she could move around in. Denim is the type of fabric that limits the person from doing so much. It'd suit Lara more if she were in her usual fabric.

The render I really like of Lara has to be Underworld and Anniversary. She looked more like the Lara I envisioned when playing the classic games.

(found this whilst looking for a TRU render and thought this was just too awesome to pass up.)
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/6060/lara26.jpg

Pulse
23rd Jul 2009, 08:13
Screw Zoey, I want that ^

IvanaKC
23rd Jul 2009, 09:01
I want her to look like in Underworld. She is so PERFECT there, I liked her so much and I enjoyed playing Underworld with such gorgeous Lara! :rolleyes: and now let's just say that if there will be TR Origins, I just want her to look like in Legend, like in Peru.

naraku
23rd Jul 2009, 10:15
Well Definitely not like Sigourney Weaver in Alien which is what she looked like in those alleged concept art images, more like a young Brooke Shields with Linda Hamilton's personality. That is if anyone here is old enough to remember who those chicks are anymore? :lol:

IvanaKC
23rd Jul 2009, 11:08
Duh look at me I'm 14 and i still know who they are (Brooke Shields and blue lagoon, Alien 1,2 and I think 3....)

naraku
23rd Jul 2009, 11:47
Duh look at me I'm 14 and i still know who they are (Brooke Shields and blue lagoon, Alien 1,2 and I think 3....)

Blue what?

IvanaKC
23rd Jul 2009, 11:52
Blue Lagoon, I think that movie is older than me...

naraku
23rd Jul 2009, 11:56
Blue Lagoon, I think that movie is older than me...

It's freaking older than me!!!!:lol: no wonder.

IvanaKC
23rd Jul 2009, 11:57
Everyone has watched blue lagoon...

naraku
23rd Jul 2009, 12:00
really what's it about? A lagoon? obviously I never watched it, I'm more familiar with her 90's work.

IvanaKC
23rd Jul 2009, 12:18
A boy and a girl were on a ship with their mother and crew. A boy was adopted.
But one day there was a shipwreck and kids and their mother ended up on a beautiful island. Their mother died and they were growing up, alone or at least they thought so. They were not allowed to go on the other side because of cannibals.

They were illiterate.

So they built a wooden house and they fell in love. They had a baby and they learned how to live with nature. With their baby they went on a trip to find civilization but they all died and some people found them floating on opened sea. The End

There is "Return to blue lagoon", that's second part of that movie.

naraku
23rd Jul 2009, 12:29
A boy and a girl were on a ship with their mother and crew. A boy was adopted.
But one day there was a shipwreck and kids and their mother ended up on a beautiful island. Their mother died and they were growing up, alone or at least they thought so. They were not allowed to go on the other side because of cannibals.

They were illiterate.

So they built a wooden house and they fell in love. They had a baby and they learned how to live with nature. With their baby they went on a trip to find civilization but they all died and some people found them floating on opened sea. The End

There is "Return to blue lagoon", that's second part of that movie.

What the........

Hey so wasn't Di Caprio in the second? Did they almost get eaten by them cannibals at least once.

Hmmm.... :scratch:Strange they never showed that in HBO when I was growing up, it was probably taboo or something. I have to research her career now, Gilligan's island film featuring Brooke Shields as Mary Ann and who plays Gilligan? Anyhow I have to snooze now.

Flintmelody
23rd Jul 2009, 15:04
The pics posted by Icetea, Jayjay and Goar are incredible. I think the Lara look on these is much better than we saw in the games. If they went direct with that look would be awesome. In TRU Lara's face didn't look half as good as in most of the renders for the game.

I like the sort of Lara look round AOD best but do like the TRL/TRA look alot as well. A development of any Lara model round that time would be good. Long as she really looks like Lara and not like these concept arts.

Katie_Fleming
23rd Jul 2009, 15:41
I'd like to see her looking more like the Lara from AOD but updated. The new Lara looks too Asian.

LARALOVERnr1
23rd Jul 2009, 15:45
I guess she could look like Rochelle :p:
i'll curse Eidos if they make Lara look like Rochelle!:mad2:

jayjay119
23rd Jul 2009, 16:17
I'd like to see her looking more like the Lara from AOD but updated. The new Lara looks too Asian.

The AOD model is my personal preference but the style of that model sorta suited Lara'd life at that time, she was really pale and skinny as she hasn't been doing much exercise since Egypt. TRA is my second favourite, Lara is really pretty on those renders and in game, plus she is the youngest looking model so if she is to be younger again i Think they should go with that.

Pulse
23rd Jul 2009, 18:31

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs32/f/2008/226/a/8/Asian_Beauty_by_widjita.jpghttp://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc8/WinFonda/hp/lara-croft-underworld.jpg

sorry the first image is so massive. Lara has some asian like features but she does not look asian. Aren't small noses, full lips, and fair skin what qualify as beautiful these days?

Katie_Fleming
23rd Jul 2009, 18:57
Nah, mostly her eyes. I don't know - they changed her whole facial structure.

IvanaKC
23rd Jul 2009, 20:56
yeah but look ate INGAME model....

Pulse
25th Jul 2009, 03:54
??? ^^^^

Wlado.Srbija
25th Jul 2009, 16:32
Her ingame model is the same as in this render.

Cosmasia
25th Jul 2009, 17:52
Reddish-brown long hair and her braid back :)
I don't like that her hair is becoming a weird dirty-blonde/brown type of thing.

Other than the hair I'm flexible as long as she is wearing something that fits the setting.

Angel of Darkness type of look if I could choose.. frankly I'd like a sequel to AOD but that's off topic

digifan
31st Jul 2009, 06:13
Nah. Lara is a British lass. She should look and act like one. :thumb:

This reminds me - How did she maintain her hair during the underwater exploration in Underworld? :scratch: Maybe in the next game we will see her hair flowing freely just like she did in Legend? :hmm:

AdobeArtist
31st Jul 2009, 06:21
That answer is easy enough. I want her to look just like she did in Underworld. That's the game where they perfected her look. From natural hair, to more realistic physique (yes still well endowed but not a caricature like TR1), to expressive face, to practical and stylish outfit.

This is what Lara was always meant to be :thumb:

IvanaKC
31st Jul 2009, 07:37
Her ingame model is the same as in this render.

no it's not completely
her eyes are different

Princess lara
31st Jul 2009, 12:04
these people who are incharge of the lara models and games are messing things up!

jayjay119
31st Jul 2009, 12:46
the developers? I dunno I think CD are doing ok. They've had cicumstances in he past, both financial and timely. Now they have a bigger budget hey should be able to develop for more time. However I think if they don;t get this game right it may be time to pass the series on to someone else. I don't like to say it about Cd , nor did I like to say it about Core but...

tombraidergal
31st Jul 2009, 13:44
i want her to look like the classics! she's best there... and a mixture with legend too... aod... oh, i love em all.. except underworld.

LC is Me
31st Jul 2009, 14:22
I want her to look like Lara. No "ifs", "ands", or "buts" about.
This new concept art is kind of grinding my gears.

Wlado.Srbija
31st Jul 2009, 17:40
no it's not completely
her eyes are different

Nope, they are the same. I mean, when you get the camera really close to her face it normally looks different, but it's the same. Look at the cut scenes for example.

Flintmelody
31st Jul 2009, 17:55
Reddish-brown long hair and her braid back :)
Angel of Darkness type of look if I could choose.. frankly I'd like a sequel to AOD but that's off topic

Absolutely. With you on that one.

jayjay119
1st Aug 2009, 14:54
I want her to look like Lara. No "ifs", "ands", or "buts" about.
This new concept art is kind of grinding my gears.

Then just remember its concept art... the whole point of the word 'concept' is that its just an Idea, not permenant.

josh1122
1st Aug 2009, 20:09
Then just remember its concept art... the whole point of the word 'concept' is that its just an Idea, not permenant.

True but it doesn't change the fact the concept looks like complete garbage either

LC is Me
1st Aug 2009, 20:47
True but it doesn't change the fact the concept looks like complete garbage either
Exactly.
Which isn't a ray of sunshine for me.
:(

jayjay119
2nd Aug 2009, 13:46

Hmm, also true but I don't wanna freak out until I hear something official from CD or Eidos... sorry Square Enix North Europe as it is now!

oraclebop
2nd Aug 2009, 14:58
Why do you guys even hate the concepts? I like them, definitely an improvement. And besides, she's a younger Lara. She's not gonna "have" what she "had" in all the other games.

I say stick with what they have already for when she gets older and we have a Deal.

josh1122
2nd Aug 2009, 18:30
Why do you guys even hate the concepts? I like them, definitely an improvement.

That's your opinion and that's fine but I gotta disagree on the ''definitely an improvement'' remark :D

Meemers
4th Aug 2009, 18:51
I would like Lara Croft to look just like this picture. Lara Croft with reddish brown hair color.
http://i29.tinypic.com/348fy9h.jpg:)
I also just want her to look like Lara Croft with all her recognizable features. Just like in the pick I posted here. She looks like TRU only thing with reddish brown hair color. I would love to see Lara Croft get back her reddish brown hair color back.

I kinda thought she looked like a vampire here....:hmm: