PDA

View Full Version : Is Mini Ninja a Games for Windows - Live?

EliteAlien
20th Jul 2009, 04:02
First off I am pretty interested in this game so I came to the official website to get some more information. I was looking at the platform list to see a Live logo on the game if you go to the PC version. I do not know if this was a mix up or possibly old box art. I have no issue with Games for Windows - Live titles for I own a lot of them. Though I am woundering which platform I should get this for. Due to most of my buddies do not play games unless they get some kind of reward from it.

Source: http://www.minininjas.com/uk/#/info/platforms

Acid_Burn
20th Jul 2009, 08:25
http://minininjas.ru/covers/pcs.jpg (http://minininjas.ru/covers/pc.jpg)
There will be no multiplayer for GfW PC, X360, PS3 or Wii. But IO promised it for DS only, according to the E3 Factsheet.

Nick@IO
20th Jul 2009, 09:36
Yes, that's correct. The DS version of the game will feature multiplayer, while the other versions will not.

EliteAlien
20th Jul 2009, 22:47
That stinks, I guess I read that one post a little incorrectly. Because, I saw "DS Multiplayer Only" and took it the game had no single player. Anyway, is this multiplayer suppose to be ad-hoc or infrastructure using the Nintendo's Wi-FI? One other thing I take it that the Live service box was just a missprint? Because if there is no true online multiplayer I am still interested in this game. Though I would not mind having it on the Games for Windows - Live, Xbox Live, or PlayStation Network services to at lest talk to most of my mates while playing the game in a private chat or something. I like the human interaction even when playing singleplayer usally. Anyway, thank you for the information from before and the other in advance.

colteninja
23rd Jul 2009, 02:30
how long this game?
don't make same mistake as assassin creed .
or i'll change my mind buy this game!:(:(:eek::confused:

EliteAlien
25th Jul 2009, 10:50
I came here with a simple question a none staff member answers it to only get shadow replied by staff. I thank the person for the information and all outside of the company, it is good to see helpful people in a community forum. Though I follow up in a topic asking a simple two question that could be pretty much easly answered from common since or your database since I am sure you have canned messages. I mean a simple, "We have not been released this information from the developer as of yet" could have been sufficient enough. No I do not even get a reply even when I allow a solid five days for one.

Getting an activation e-mail from the forums was trouble enough. I waited a solid 24 hours to recieve one of this account. I did not recieve one in my inbox or spam filtered box for I though perhaps my e-mail domain, "hotmail.com" was possibly banned in the ACP due to spam bots. I try another attempt with Yahoo, I get the same issue after a solid twenty four hours. Neither account got an activation e-mail in a twenty four or fourty eight day period. I said to myself, "No way that spam bots could be this bad on the forums to ban Hotmail.com & Yahoo,com domains in the Administrative Control Panel". Send an e-mail to the listed contact e-mail for the forums to not get a single reply after two solid days. I had to go higher up before I even got a freaking activation e-mail.

I have bought games previously from this company, but now that I see how the staff for the forums is I do not know if I want to buy from Eidos again. Having no simple answer for your possible old or new costumer and the trouble it takes to even sign up to get an answer on this forums, I do not think it is worth buying Eidos products anymore. Why I even bothered posting this is a question, because your staff will probably not even care to read it.

how long this game?
don't make same mistake as assassin creed .
or i'll change my mind buy this game!:(:(:eek::confused:
Trolling little topic hijackers are so worthless. I am so proud to have the only answer in reply is a topic hijacker.

Also, for the record Assassin's Creed is made by UbiSoft. Get your facts straight before making claims of incorrect information.

Acid_Burn
25th Jul 2009, 11:43
Sorry to hear mate that you are disappointed, but i'm sure that Nick will answer all the questions that you're interested in. The whole IO team is on their holidays for two weeks. They're back in August, and it will be a really great month with a lot of cool stuff and info. Just be more patient. ;)

EliteAlien
25th Jul 2009, 12:29
Sorry to hear mate that you are disappointed, but i'm sure that Nick will answer all the questions that you're interested in. The whole IO team is on their holidays for two weeks. They're back in August, and it will be a really great month with a lot of cool stuff and info. Just be more patient. ;)

I am a bit more frustrated than anything. All the trouble I had to go through just to aquire an activated forums account through Eidos to get no reply. If a set company is on a holiday it would have been nice to at lest see a topic of it in this forums to relate to the staff of this perticular sub-forum. I had no idea they were even gone, a simple post would have been grand. First of all I was patient if you read, I gave a total of a working day week to reply to get nothing in this forum. Usally any good paid working staff will reply within a twenty four to thirty two hour time period on a buisness day. You can not really say I was not patient is all I am getting at. I seriously thought the staff here was horrible, but if they are on a holiday it would be grand to see this news.

I do not know all of holidays inside of the UK or other regions of Europe, but like I said it would have been nice to see something in this sub-forum related to the games staff not being here. Since there is a world wide audience all under this same forum.

Acid_Burn
25th Jul 2009, 12:54
Sorry, i didn't mean to offend you.
But if there are any problems with the forum, you should post about it in the General forums, not here, and you'll get the reply, i'm sure.

According to the news about the particular game - every publisher/developer has their own plan, according to which they reveal every new picture, video and even new text info. They should strictly stick to it. I understand, we all want to see more from MN. But if developers put new info every week from the announcement date, they would have to show the whole game before it will go to the stores.

But i guess we're discussing the wrong topic in the wrong thread :P

EliteAlien
25th Jul 2009, 13:10
You did not offend me in any way, I was only implying that I was being patient.

Next I did not expect them to release all the information in the world about the game if you did not notice what I said in my one post. I will cut it out and bold it for you for easy reading.

Though I follow up in a topic asking a simple two question that could be pretty much easly answered from common since or your database since I am sure you have canned messages. I mean a simple, "We have not been released this information from the developer as of yet" could have been sufficient enough.

All I was expecting was at lest a reply suggesting a "We do not currently have this information" or prehaps an actual "Yes" or "No". I am not trying to sound rude, but I feel if a staff can not at lest post a reply of that being paid to do so is a bad staff. As you said before in a post they are suppose to be not working currently. Although, I still feel they should at lest make an administrative announcement.

Next, I have no true trouble with posting in the forums. My problem with the forums was I could not get any account activated due to not recieving any activation e-mails in a 24 to 48 hour period if you read my previous post. There would have been no way of me to recieve any help from a different sub-forum when I could not even post. I did the proper thing, waited it out and checked my spam filtered mail to be sure. Nothing came and I once again did the proper thing to contact the given forum e-mail address to never recieve anything. I had to go to a higher source that had nothing to do with the forum staff to contact them to send me activation e-mails.

dark_angel_7
26th Jul 2009, 11:20
@EliteAline - Technical problems occur. You can hardly blame not receiving an automatic activation e-mail on Eidos when it is the forum software that is the one that send it out. At least you got some help in the end. So look on the bright side. ;)

EliteAlien
26th Jul 2009, 11:36
@EliteAline - Technical problems occur. You can hardly blame not receiving an automatic activation e-mail on Eidos when it is the forum software that is the one that send it out. At least you got some help in the end. So look on the bright side. ;)
vBulletin, phpBB, php Nuke, simple machines, etc all work fine at doing that by default and should never have any issue on sending out e-mail activations on a none modified code. There for I can blame the administrative staff for editing the code badly per se. I though I am not doing that, nor did I say I blamed them. I to run many servers on a Linux distro using apache, mysql, and phpBB 3 and also do a bit of C++ programing myself so I understand how one little syntax error in your code can ruin your day.

However, not getting a response from the official forum administrative team for the set amount of days it is not good. Specially when you have to contact someone in a whole different department to contact the forum staff to activate an account. Sure it worked out, but no one should have to go to a whole different department for activation is all I am saying.

Acid_Burn
26th Jul 2009, 14:00
vBulletin, phpBB, php Nuke, simple machines, etc all work fine at doing that by default and should never have any issue on sending out e-mail activations on a none modified code.
But if the mail server crashes, it could be a real problem.

And this question isn't about the Mini Ninjas game, lets move this discussion to the General Chat.:whistle:

EliteAlien
26th Jul 2009, 14:20
But if the mail server crashes, it could be a real problem.

And this question isn't about the Mini Ninjas game, lets move this discussion to the General Chat.:whistle:

It may not be, but the topic keeps getting thrown off hand with hijacking. I mean even your post I could continue this conversation. These were never my question, but people keep throwing false logic at me so I try to correct it. All I can say is I will agree this has gone major off topic.

If you mean a pop3 server software go offline it is a possibility, but highly unlikely that it would be turned off. Specially in a big company in which over fifty or hundred people are using set e-mail domains. This server computer would be tied into the same computer holding the domain and website. Which if the server shutdown this site could not be acessed by any computer ending in a 404 error.