PDA

View Full Version : Joker exclusive to PS3 for good.

Gho-Gerhowev
20th Jul 2009, 00:50
http://www.wonderwallweb.com/news/2736/joker-exclusive-to-ps3-for-good/

At a special preview event taking place yesterday Rocksteady's Sefton Hill confirmed that The Joker will only be playable on the PS3 version and said that due to a exclusivity deal with Sony he will not be playable on the Xbox 360 at anytime in the future.

He did have some good news for 360 fans though, confirming that the firm are working on new downloadable content for both Xbox 360 and PS3.

thebatman226
20th Jul 2009, 00:59
Im sick of all this exclusive crap Eidos carry on with.

scarecrow22
20th Jul 2009, 01:01
it dont matter, 360 owners wont lose hope, everyones gonna be hoping for scarecrow to the 360 now

Ensanguined Walls
20th Jul 2009, 01:06
Im sick of all this exclusive crap Eidos carry on with.

This is very much the norm in the industry. It's not exclusive to Eidos.

lt_skittles
20th Jul 2009, 01:09
it dont matter, 360 owners wont lose hope, everyones gonna be hoping for scarecrow to the 360 now

(1
Don't start flame wars
(2
Keir has said many times there is no exclusives for the 360, or the PC.

door noob
20th Jul 2009, 01:10

How could they? Square Enix made an eclusive deal with Rocksteady meaning no dlc villains on the 360. Maybe the deal will expire in a year or two though.

Stargate21
20th Jul 2009, 01:17
http://www.wonderwallweb.com/news/2736/joker-exclusive-to-ps3-for-good/

At a special preview event taking place yesterday Rocksteady's Sefton Hill confirmed that The Joker will only be playable on the PS3 version and said that due to a exclusivity deal with Sony he will not be playable on the Xbox 360 at anytime in the future.

He did have some good news for 360 fans though, confirming that the firm are working on new downloadable content for both Xbox 360 and PS3.

It's good to hear that they are working on DLC.

KillerCroc
20th Jul 2009, 01:18
it dont matter, 360 owners wont lose hope, everyones gonna be hoping for scarecrow to the 360 now Please think before running off your mouth. Unless you want to start a falme war which leads to bannings I suggest you stop right now. And yes, there are no more exclusives besides the ones planned for the PS3.

thebatman226
20th Jul 2009, 01:18
How could they? Square Enix made an eclusive deal with Rocksteady meaning no dlc villains on the 360. Maybe the deal will expire in a year or two though.

I dont think people would wanna wait a year or 2 just to play as the Joker.

JawsFanJesse
20th Jul 2009, 01:19
Please think before running off your mouth. Unless you want to start a falme war which leads to bannings I suggest you stop right now. And yes, there are no more exclusives besides the ones planned for the PS3.

Yes Croc You Tell Him >:-I

KillerCroc
20th Jul 2009, 01:21
And like Stargate21 said, it's good that they are planning more DLC. Some of us were busy telling each other off but he was the only positive one. You sir deserve a cookie. :)

scarecrow22
20th Jul 2009, 01:22
whoo sorry i just got here i dont know everything about everything like all you people
thanks for being so nice

door noob
20th Jul 2009, 01:22
I dont think people would wanna wait a year or 2 just to play as the Joker.

Thoguh if you get a chance you still will anyway's probabilly.

thebatman226
20th Jul 2009, 01:24
Thoguh if you get a chance you still will anyway's probabilly.

Tbh, I would download it and have a bit of a play if it was free.
But theres noway in hell id wait 2 years to pay for stuff thats been out that long and was free for others.
Thats ridiculous.

JawsFanJesse
20th Jul 2009, 01:24
whoo sorry i just got here i dont know everything about everything like all you people
thanks for being so nice

lol I was Joking on me Quoteing Croc No hard feelings ;)

KillerCroc
20th Jul 2009, 01:27
thanks for being so nice You really should've thought before posting then. We like to make things obvious when they are wrong. ;) And with everything on these forums you should know that there is no 360 exclusive content with all the people we have here complaining. But it's nothing personal between any of us, we just like to point out facts and whatnot. Just please think before posting. :)

JawsFanJesse
20th Jul 2009, 01:29
You really should've thought before posting then. We like to make things obvious when they are wrong. ;) And with everything on these forums you should know that there is no 360 exclusive content with all the people we have here complaining. But it's nothing personal between any of us, we just like to point out facts and whatnot. Just please think before posting. :)

OBIVOUSLY people Think before Posting but Some don't Thnk hard enough :mad:
:p Joking !

Zombie-Gamer
20th Jul 2009, 01:29
I was waiting for this thread to pop up lol.

scarecrow22
20th Jul 2009, 01:35
haha your funny jawsfanjesse
and i wasnt trying to say scarecrow for the 360 exlusivly
i was just saying playable scarecrow
sorry if i made a different meaning

KillerCroc
20th Jul 2009, 01:39
sorry if i made a different meaning It's cool dude. We just all got that vibe. Jaws is funny, I think I was the first one to discover this. :D Yeah he's a cool dude, lightens the atmosphere.

JawsFanJesse
20th Jul 2009, 01:41
sorry if i made a different meaning

It's cool dude. We just all got that vibe. Jaws is funny, I think I was the first one to discover this. :D Yeah he's a cool dude, lightens the atmosphere.

Thank you I try my Best :wave:

Batmanhill6157
20th Jul 2009, 01:42
havent we known this for months?

JawsFanJesse
20th Jul 2009, 01:45
havent we known this for months?

What ? That im Funny Yea we Known that for a Few Months

Or are you Talking about the Joker Exlusive :scratch:

Nightwing
20th Jul 2009, 01:56
I come back from work at 3am to see THIS? Get off my planet! NOW!

JawsFanJesse
20th Jul 2009, 01:57
I come back from work at 3am to see THIS? Get off my planet! NOW!

:lol: NOW ! :mad:

KillerCroc
20th Jul 2009, 01:57
I come back from work at 3am to see THIS? Get off my planet! NOW!http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/1234dre_2006/marvin_the_martian.jpg

Nightwing
20th Jul 2009, 02:05
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/1234dre_2006/marvin_the_martian.jpg

You captured my mood perfectly! :D

cpmd4
20th Jul 2009, 02:07
No difference. As a 360 owner, I would have loved to get some sort of exclusive, but the game will still be amazing.

JawsFanJesse
20th Jul 2009, 02:51
Same here.

Me 2

ambush king
20th Jul 2009, 02:52
just give me a demo to pass the time with already im burning 1943 up waiting for the August 25Th date

Vigilance
20th Jul 2009, 02:55
So the Joker is a permanent exclusive for the PS3. How sad. The decline of the video game industry continues.

batfan08
20th Jul 2009, 03:12
I would rather DLC be expansions(like fallout)than challenge maps.Do you think maybe they're planning something with Freeze?bio said"Escaped".

JawsFanJesse
20th Jul 2009, 03:13
I would rather DLC be expansions(like fallout)than challenge maps.Do you think maybe they're planning something with Freeze?bio said"Escaped".

Mabey in a Sequal I was waiting for him Too :(

batfan08
20th Jul 2009, 03:16
No difference. As a 360 owner, I would have loved to get some sort of exclusive, but the game will still be amazing.

It's good that you have a positive attitude.I do agree that it's a 2-way street,but again glad to see someone with a good outlook.:)

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
20th Jul 2009, 03:25
Im glad there working on DLC for 360

Ryuuie
20th Jul 2009, 03:25
Im glad there working on DLC for 360

It'll be the same DLC as will be on PS3 though.

scarecrow22
20th Jul 2009, 03:34
Im not even really exited about playing as the joker, this game is all about being batman, and its hard to fully capture an aspect of being the joker when you have the same freeflow fighting style
I dont really see the joker as a freeflow.er

KnowHowIGotTheseScars?
20th Jul 2009, 03:35
It'll be the same DLC as will be on PS3 though.

i dont care PS3 can have it too .... I just hope its a "play as villain" ... cuz it would be fun to take on the challenge maps as someone different

SuperAdam79
20th Jul 2009, 03:42
I have both systems so I could care less. Really flame wars are a waste of time unless we are talking about important stuff like world peace or something. And who wants to do that here?!!

Vigilance
20th Jul 2009, 03:45
Its not so much decline as it is greed. Money is the driving force of exclusives.

When the business becomes more about spending money to limit the quality of your competitors rather than spending money to increase the quality of your own products, I see it as a decline. Timed exclusives are tolerable because you get access to them eventually. This is stupid, though. I can't play as the Joker, ever, because the kind folks at Sony made a permanent deal with the developers of the game to make it so? Just doesn't seem right to me.

And this isn't an attack on Sony. They just so happen to be the *******s who are doing it in this case. Microsoft is plenty responsible for the same **** in different situations, as already established elsewhere on these forums. It's almost amusing that business ethics just comes down to thinking like a little kid who hasn't been properly taught to share. Almost being the key word, it's really just annoying.

WallaMalla
20th Jul 2009, 04:23
Well, I'm just happy for future DLC for 360. Hurray :nut:!! I don't care if PS3 gets it too, as long as I can have it on my 360 :p.

CaptainMcMulla
20th Jul 2009, 06:55
why does everyone moan about the Joker exclusive. Look on the bright side, Sefton said there are more planned DLCs for the future.

luke344
20th Jul 2009, 08:25
I don't get why people are moaning. I played the joker thing for a while on saturday and it just felt like a novelty that soon wears off but thats just my opinion.

The jackhammer
20th Jul 2009, 11:02
Just to put this out there, as a ps3 owner, I do feel bad for you guys. It really isn't fair and kind of dumb because it pisses people off more than anything. I just hope the ps3 owners don't throw off a neener neener vibe because that's really not my intent at least. Here's hoping that all systems get some really cool dlc in the future.

CrashxUae
20th Jul 2009, 12:22
What is Download Conetent mean ?!?!?

Like download a Villien or Super Hero and Play with it ?!?!

Or download a Costum for Batman !?!?!?

CaptainMcMulla
20th Jul 2009, 12:23
What is Download Conetent mean ?!?!?

Like download a Villien or Super Hero and Play with it ?!?!

Or download a Costum for Batman !?!?!?
Download content is like extra stuff added to the game which isnt on the disc.

CrashxUae
20th Jul 2009, 12:27
Aha thanks !!

Sterlington
20th Jul 2009, 13:14
Who cares?Its only the Joker.

jackskellington17
20th Jul 2009, 13:53
I hope the dlc is a playable harley quinn or scarecrow!! or both!:eek: either one would be amazing:D

Zombie-Gamer
20th Jul 2009, 16:12
I hope the dlc is a playable harley quinn or scarecrow!! or both!:eek: either one would be amazing:D

Sefton said in london that they where going to keep the playable characters down to a minimum cause they wanted to focus on Batman, so we might get some one else and I'd love it to be Harley but I doubt it.

The_Clown_Prince_Of_Crime
20th Jul 2009, 16:35
There are now over a million of these threads.Can't believe this discussion is still ongoing

CaptainMcMulla
20th Jul 2009, 16:58
^ This thread has an article which shows that the joker is a PS3 exclusive and wont be coming to xbox as the main man himself 'Sir' Sefton Hill confirmed it. Therefore if people read this then they wont post threads in the future saying " Why isnt The Joker coming to xbox?" Hopefully.

20th Jul 2009, 17:00
^ This thread has an article which shows that the joker is a PS3 exclusive and wont be coming to xbox as the main man himself 'Sir' Sefton Hill confirmed it. Therefore if people read this then they wont post threads in the future saying " Why isnt The Joker coming to xbox?" Hopefully.

I hope your right,I really do

CaptainMcMulla
20th Jul 2009, 17:02
I hope your right,I really do
Thats why i made the Official demo thread, so people stop making threads about the demo. If people would read the FAQ thread then they may not post threads about exclusives etc.

20th Jul 2009, 17:06
Thats why i made the Official demo thread, so people stop making threads about the demo. If people would read the FAQ thread then they may not post threads about exclusives etc.

If I had the powers I'd make you a mod....Someone make this man a mod please.Someone that speaks sense

TheJoker.
20th Jul 2009, 17:12
Come on Microsoft!! Start making some exclusivity deals!
I mean Sony even took away Ghostbusters for 3 months :(
Fight back Microsoft!!

20th Jul 2009, 17:19
Come on Microsoft!! Start making some exclusivity deals!
I mean Sony even took away Ghostbusters for 3 months :(
Fight back Microsoft!!

Are you serious dude???What about GTA Lost & The Damned???The Fallout 3 content that we're only just getting???.Microsoft are the kings of securing exclusive content.

CaptainMcMulla
20th Jul 2009, 17:36
No need to start console wars people. We can go on all night.

TheJoker.
20th Jul 2009, 17:37
Are you serious dude???What about GTA Lost & The Damned???The Fallout 3 content that we're only just getting???.Microsoft are the kings of securing exclusive content.

Being reminded of that I see what you mean.
However I really didn't like GTA and thought the ddon was complete rubbish anyhow.
But Fallout is one of my favourite games ever! I have completed every possible quest and side quest and only have 5 acheivments to go. I also have every addon and so happy we got them first!

But I still say PS3 get better exclusives :/

TheJoker.
20th Jul 2009, 17:38
No need to start console wars people. We can go on all night.

Im not trying to start a console war.
Sorry if it seems like I am.
I'm just discussing exclusives on each console :hmm:

Abeja
20th Jul 2009, 17:55
Its really not that big of a deal. Im pleased that they went back and recorded more stuff with Hamill. The gameplay isnt gonna be much different with the Joker or Batman.

The Comedian
20th Jul 2009, 18:02
People jsut need something to complain about. I am a PS3 owner and to be honest I plan on playing as Batman than getting the Joker DLC, yes its a nice bonus but Joker looks like a small mini game compared to being in control of Batman.

CaptainMcMulla
20th Jul 2009, 18:11
Im not trying to start a console war.
Sorry if it seems like I am.
I'm just discussing exclusives on each console :hmm:
discussing exclusives leads to console wars. Trust me. I have experience. :D

MCREF
20th Jul 2009, 18:16
Call the mod squad. This isn't even stuff we didn't know before.

KillerCroc
20th Jul 2009, 18:32
You captured my mood perfectly! :D When you said that I got a flashback of Marvin (that was it right?) and I had to post a picture of him. :rolleyes:

Batz-R-Us
20th Jul 2009, 18:38
People jsut need something to complain about. I am a PS3 owner and to be honest I plan on playing as Batman than getting the Joker DLC, yes its a nice bonus but Joker looks like a small mini game compared to being in control of Batman.

You do know the Joker dlc will be free right?

chip5541
20th Jul 2009, 18:52
This stuff has been discussed ad nausium.

Closed before peoples heads explode!