PDA

View Full Version : Joker game? :)

Hook1123
19th Jul 2009, 14:46
I know this is strictly a Batman Game but I'm hoping if this game is a HUGE success than maybe Rocksteady will develop a "Joker" game as well! I don't necessarily know how this could work but if anyone can do it, Rocksteady can!!!

Batz-R-Us
19th Jul 2009, 14:57
Oh, I came in here expecting another complaint post, anyway I think Rocksteady should stick to Batman, because there are many many things they could explore in a sequel, like Wayne Manor, Gotham City itself, and of course the other villains that might not be included in a boss fight in Batman: Arkham Asylum.

artyfin
19th Jul 2009, 15:15
Yeah, I clicked on this thread, expecting somebody else crying about how the 360 doesn't get the Joker playable content. I shouldn't assume so much. A Joker game could work out to be rather cool but its just what the plot would be and how you would go about it. Things like combat would be rather odd aswell; I was surprised Rocksteady chose to make the Joker playable in Batman: AA as he's the sort of character I would not expect to be a fighting type.

Drazar
19th Jul 2009, 15:23
Hook1123 i hope you don't mind if i edited your title thread, it was very misleading tbh. =/

KillerCroc
19th Jul 2009, 16:40
Well if anything they can make Joker a playable character if they do a sequel on the disc. But if anything, there would be so many more heroes that deserve a game. Arkham Asylum was pretty much the project that was the unofficial game of TDK. Reason saying this because EA or somebody lost the rights to do it so Eidos got it. Now I can only hope that this game will do excellent and that maybe they can do other hoer games. *coughs*Jonah Hex*coughs* I got a tickle in my throat. :)

Drazar
19th Jul 2009, 16:40
Well if anything they can make Joker a playable character if they do a sequel on the disc. But if anything, there would be so many more heroes that deserve a game. Arkham Asylum was pretty much the project that was the unofficial game of TDK. Reason saying this because EA or somebody lost the rights to do it so Eidos got it. Now I can only hope that this game will do excellent and that maybe they can do other hoer games. *coughs*Jonah Hex*coughs* I got a tickle in my throat. :)

Except that Eidos has the license for Batman comic character, not TDK. :)

KillerCroc
19th Jul 2009, 16:44
Except that Eidos has the license for Batman comic character, not TDK. :) Yeah. I siad it's the unofficial. I won't get started on this AGAIN. But if it wasn't for TDK this game might not have been developed. So you could conisder this to be a movie game, but I'm not. I see it as the first good superhero game. :)

MCREF
19th Jul 2009, 17:10
I know this is strictly a Batman Game but I'm hoping if this game is a HUGE success than maybe Rocksteady will develop a "Joker" game as well! I don't necessarily know how this could work but if anyone can do it, Rocksteady can!!!

Yeah...... no. Every time someone mentions a side character having their own game, I always think of Shadow the Hedgehog. I just don't see the appeal anymore especially when the side characters are villains. Honestly, I wouldn't buy a Venom game, I'd never demo a Carnage game, and I'd never even play a Joker game. I'd rather just have multi-tiered boss fights against the great villains with adaptive AI. Might be just me.

GibsonSGBat
19th Jul 2009, 17:16
Perhaps in the future a piece of dlc could be you play as the joker in the story mode, and play the story from his point of view. It could introduce us to some stuff that went on in arkham that we didnt know that happened during the time we spent playing as Bats....

Sterlington
19th Jul 2009, 18:45
Finally someone agrees with me. I want to play a Joker game to kidnap, hold hostages, blow up stuff, police come after you, hire henchmen.

CaptainMcMulla
19th Jul 2009, 18:47
I cant imagine being a villain in a game and battling against the heroe especially like batman.

Onomatopoeia
19th Jul 2009, 23:20
If they ever did one, it should be similiar to the "Joker" graphic novel itself. Like him and Harley teaming up with other villains to expand his power, whilst taking down those that would stand in his way. And possible GTA-style freedom and mayhem would be offered. I could totally see it being M. Since Wolverine could get one, why not?

Argel319
19th Jul 2009, 23:23
I cant imagine being a villain in a game and battling against the heroe especially like batman.

Unless you're meant to lose in the end.

JD_Method
19th Jul 2009, 23:49
Yeah. I siad it's the unofficial. I won't get started on this AGAIN. But if it wasn't for TDK this game might not have been developed. So you could conisder this to be a movie game, but I'm not. I see it as the first good superhero game. :)

Could you point me to where you've gone over this before? As far as I know, Warner bought out a small percentage of Eidos a few years back and Rocksteady began developing Arkham Asylum without seeing a single frame of TDK. Eidos didn't get the rights because EA lost them and AA had been in development for a year or so before the release of TDK. So I don't think that TDK had much to do with this game and Rocksteady have even stated in some interviews that this is really their own vision and what they believe Batman should be like.

So again, if you have already gone over this then please could you point me to it so I can have a read through. Cheers.

Riddling Artist
19th Jul 2009, 23:49
Unless you're meant to lose in the end.

the joker doesnt really lose. he just goes to arkham for a quick nap.:D

Zombie-Gamer
20th Jul 2009, 01:45
I'd like a Joker game............ if in it you get to go sick on Jason Todd muhuhahahahaha

KillerCroc
20th Jul 2009, 01:50
Could you point me to where you've gone over this before? As far as I know, Warner bought out a small percentage of Eidos a few years back and Rocksteady began developing Arkham Asylum without seeing a single frame of TDK. Eidos didn't get the rights because EA lost them and AA had been in development for a year or so before the release of TDK. So I don't think that TDK had much to do with this game and Rocksteady have even stated in some interviews that this is really their own vision and what they believe Batman should be like.

So again, if you have already gone over this then please could you point me to it so I can have a read through. Cheers. As far as I knew and what I have been told, EA had the rights to it but Warner Bros. passed it onto Eidos for a completely new game. If you have a source for your please show me. I am just as confused as you are, if not more. :) Um cheers (did I do that right?)

scarecrow22
20th Jul 2009, 01:53
They'd have to be pretty creative to make a joker game that gives the player the full experience, and makes you feel like you accomplished something without killing batman.
i dont really see it working

JawsFanJesse
20th Jul 2009, 01:55
They'd have to be pretty creative to make a joker game that gives the player the full experience, and makes you feel like you accomplished something without killing batman.
i dont really see it working

Yea True that is why im not so excited about Joker for ps3

Hook1123
20th Jul 2009, 22:49
I don't know how the story could go but somehow Rocksteady could make a GREAT Joker Game!!!

JD_Method
20th Jul 2009, 23:50
As far as I knew and what I have been told, EA had the rights to it but Warner Bros. passed it onto Eidos for a completely new game. If you have a source for your please show me. I am just as confused as you are, if not more. :) Um cheers (did I do that right?)

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=21520

Says on there something about Warner Bros. signing a licensing deal with Eidos in 2006.