Page 1079 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 7957997910291069107510761077107810791080 LastLast
Results 26,951 to 26,975 of 26979

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Ok, Anthem you have my total attention now...
    Where were those faces in ME:Andromeda eh?

Almost peed a little
    signature image

Anthem, The Evil Within 2, Black Desert and Code Vein were easily the highlights of Microsoft's presser on the games side of things IMO. I love my hack-and-slash fill, as you've all probably guessed by now. Like I said earlier, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for DMC5 tonight at Sony's presser, which could very well happen.

Oh, and speaking of new games, I think I might have some rather "important" tidbits to share with Meagan. I may contact her via PM(s).
    signature image

I have to say, the simple fact that Assassin's Creed Origins takes place in Ancient Egypt (during the Ptolemaic Era no less) is enough to get my complete attention!!!
    signature image

^ Yeeees, join the brotherhood!

So, I wasn't expected to see Beyond Good & Evil 2 during Ubi's conference and I'm so sad that it was there. It looks horrific, a complete change of tone, pace and story.
    As someone who loved the first game, from the trailer the showed, it looks like we're playing as criminals (a swearing cockney monkey no less), fighting the law, with no characters from the original game.
    Just from that trailer, it looks like I'll be passing on BGE2...

It's safe to say I was underwhelmed by Ubi's conference... Bring on Sony.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    Where were those faces in ME:Andromeda eh?

Almost peed a little
    HAH!
    Yeah, I loved the mortar and missile cluster. My mates are now interested too, so I have a squad good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Anthem, The Evil Within 2, Black Desert and Code Vein were easily the highlights of Microsoft's presser on the games side of things IMO.
    Evil Within 2 looks nuts. As does the new Wolfenstein

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    I have to say, the simple fact that Assassin's Creed Origins takes place in Ancient Egypt (during the Ptolemaic Era no less) is enough to get my complete attention!!!
    I just want to slide down a pyramid!

I was disappointed there was no Starfield announcement (Bethesda) or The Last of Us 2 info. But HZD DLC, Days Gone and Uncharted look awesome. I also really liked Sony's presser intro.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    So, I wasn't expected to see Beyond Good & Evil 2 during Ubi's conference and I'm so sad that it was there. It looks horrific, a complete change of tone, pace and story.
    As someone who loved the first game, from the trailer the showed, it looks like we're playing as criminals (a swearing cockney monkey no less), fighting the law, with no characters from the original game.
    Just from that trailer, it looks like I'll be passing on BGE2...
    Agreed, it really is a let down. It has been anticpated for so long and this is what they came up with. Really dissapointing they scrapped the interesting characters and setting from the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    HAH!
    As does the new Wolfenstein
    Been looking forward to the new Wolfenstein, really liked the New Order, this one looks good so far.

Also glad to see that finally there was some info about the new Southpark game, the stick of truth was really enjoyable.

Sweet Christmas! The new Uncharted: The Lost Legacy trailer looks so FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!! Just WOW!

signature image

All conferences have been pretty lackluster this year, but as for who "won" I'd have to give Nintendo the nod. At least they actually had a plethora of new games to show off even if they're all 1st party. Oh and Metroid Prime 4 despite there being no footage, release date or even info on the game.

The MP4 announcement definitely justified my Switch purchase.
    signature image

Konami strikes again.

Kojima Productions, Nikkei reports, is supposedly having trouble joining the Kanto IT Software Health Insurance Association with its application apparently being refused. Over 7,000 companies are part of this association, which offers discounted health insurance to tech industry workers as well as hotel, restaurant, and gym discounts. Konami is reportedly a big player in this association, with its sports clubs participating in the program. When asked regarding the matter, the Kanto IT Software Health Insurance Association is quoted by Nikkei as saying, “We are unable to comment on this issue.”
    Wow. Just when I begin to think that piece of company can't get any worse (how many times have people said this? I've lost count), they CONTINUE to outdo themselves.

I hate Konami with a fiery passion, and well, I guess it burns deeper now. Seriously, keeping ex-employees from receiving health insurance, WTF? This is beyond petty. And on top of that, they're actively going out of their way to keep ex-employees from getting other jobs (the same struggles ex-convicts and parolees have to face in finding a new job, only they're innocent), this is some next level draconian schtick.

Oh wait, this is the same company that reassigns their developers to janitorial jobs, cancels hyped AF games (Silent Hills), sits on beloved IPs and slaps em on whorehouse slot machines, locks up their own employees, kept Kojima from attending and receiving his own award at the VGAs, turns beloved stealth-action franchises into generic survival zombie games, etc. Nothing they do surprises me at this point.

In the legendary words of Jim Sterling, "Konami is Konami and Konami is the worst". Truer words have never been spoken.

I especially "loved" this bit:

When asked about Metal Gear Survive at a 2016 TGS stage event, Kojima replied, “I know absolutely nothing about it,” Kojima said. “That’s because it’s totally unrelated to me, right? Um, how should I put this? Well, for me, Metal [Gear] is espionage with political fiction. Right? So, because of that, there’s no reason that zombies would show up.”

According to Nikkei (via My Game News Flash), Konami allegedly sent a letter addressed to Kojima last fall. Nikkei reports it stated, “You are unfairly sullying the reputation of our company.”
    LMAO, Kojima is sullying the reputation of your company? You f'ing did that yourselves. Konami is in no position to point the finger after all the BS they pulled in just the last 2 years alone. It makes me wish I would've bought TPP (the last game I'll ever buy from them) used so as to not give these a-holes money. You better believe they're not getting another dime from me.

Seriously, Konami. They can go straight to hell.
    Last edited by KManX89; 29th Jun 2017 at 00:51.
    signature image

Wow. Just... wow.

It's official. Britain is suffering from Stockholm syndrome

Yeah... PC is totes not a danger to society

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Well, well, well, it looks like we have a winner for "worst movie trailer of 2017". Ironically enough, it's also a reboot/remake/sequel much like the winners of the last 2 years (Fantastic Four and Ghostbusters, respectively), I'm referring to *drumroll*...

The remake of Jumanji:

Holy , was that stupid. I decided to check it out to see what all the fuss was about. I can confirm it's one of, if not the most cringeworthy trailer I've ever had the displeasure of watching. The humor and dialog is painfully awful, and Stay Alive already did the "real life videogame" trope much better, and that movie was .

I never thought I'd say this, but GB 2016 now has some serious competition for "worst trailer ever". It's really a tough call.
    signature image

Oh my god, that looks total crap .

Quote Originally Posted by Rai View Post
    Oh my god, that looks total crap .

And even worse, they had to disgrace GNR with this .
    signature image

Looks like just a bit of stupid fun to me. Typically, the radical feminists are already slandering it for bad tropes (which, is supposed to be ironic humour - "oh no, the irony defence!").
    signature image

I didn't even finish watching the trailer for that.

Looks like a big pile of A-list trash!
    signature image

Speaking of the radfems, here's something extraordinary I came across the other day that may blow a mind or two - Lacy "literally everything is problematic" Green of MTV fame is flirting with the red pill and wants to come out of her feminist echo chamber and have open dialogue with the anti-feminist/anti-PC crowd.

Yes ladies and gentlemen, hell hast frozen over.

I must say I'm very skeptical about this, and I have some theories on why this move and why particularly now (*cough* Trump winning *cough*) but interesting nonetheless to see where this will lead to.

lol "Why am I wearing shorts shorts and a tank top in the jungle" where have we heard that silly argument before?! Methinks one of the writers is a Sarkeesian fan

I never thought I'd say this, but GB 2016 now has some serious competition for "worst trailer ever". It's really a tough call.
    Wow no kidding, that was embarrassingly bad. Super cringy trailer with lame dialogue and painfully unfunny jokes. I had immediate flashbacks of female GB midway through that trailer.

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Anyone picked up interesting games during the steam sale (almost over so may be a bit late)?

I didn't find any interesting titles among the triple A or I may be missing them so I looked for something different and picked up some indie/alternative games. Main one I'm playing now is Epistory: a typing game, may not be of interest too many but I find it nice to put my typing lessons to use in a game.

You basically walk around in a origami world and need to remove blockades by typing words. There's also battle areas where you need to fend off enemies by typing the words underneath them. I'm finding it pretty fun so far.

Also picked up Yooka Laylee because it had a discount but after playing I feel it is still overpriced. I've never played those games before when they were a thing (it is supposed to be like the Banjo games) because I've never played on console but it may be because I'm just bad a those games but instead of staying in the past they should've implemented some modern mechanics like more checkpoints and not making you restart from the beginning when you inevitably die. It may be targeted at a more hardcore crowd I guess. But if you are looking for a game like that on pc (which there doesn't seem to be much of if any) then I found Unbox to be more fun. It also has some tough parts but the game seems more fair I guess.

Also finally picked up mini ninjas and found it to be an enjoyable game!

Regarding steam I really wish Valve would stop cluttering it with stupid things like trading cards and whatnot or at least make them more hidden and don't notify me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_B View Post
    Anyone picked up interesting games during the steam sale (almost over so may be a bit late)?

I didn't find any interesting titles among the triple A or I may be missing them so I looked for something different and picked up some indie/alternative games. Main one I'm playing now is Epistory: a typing game, may not be of interest too many but I find it nice to put my typing lessons to use in a game.

You basically walk around in a origami world and need to remove blockades by typing words. There's also battle areas where you need to fend off enemies by typing the words underneath them. I'm finding it pretty fun so far.

Also picked up Yooka Laylee because it had a discount but after playing I feel it is still overpriced. I've never played those games before when they were a thing (it is supposed to be like the Banjo games) because I've never played on console but it may be because I'm just bad a those games but instead of staying in the past they should've implemented some modern mechanics like more checkpoints and not making you restart from the beginning when you inevitably die. It may be targeted at a more hardcore crowd I guess. But if you are looking for a game like that on pc (which there doesn't seem to be much of if any) then I found Unbox to be more fun. It also has some tough parts but the game seems more fair I guess.

Also finally picked up mini ninjas and found it to be an enjoyable game!

Regarding steam I really wish Valve would stop cluttering it with stupid things like trading cards and whatnot or at least make them more hidden and don't notify me about it.
    there werent many for me neither. at least titles im interested in. but there were few games that i find, are pretty good or nice.
    ABZU - a very relaxing game under water. beautiful soundtrack on top of that.
    submerged - playing a young woman trying to find supplies to save her sick brother in a city that is half submerged in water. entire story is explained without any narration.
    detention - a 2D P&C horror game from taiwan. havent finished it yet, but so far its really creepy with great atmosphere.

all 3 titles i can recommend.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post
    lol "Why am I wearing shorts shorts and a tank top in the jungle" where have we heard that silly argument before?! Methinks one of the writers is a Sarkeesian fan
    IKR? Lara started wearing shorts and a tank top in the jungle before wearing shorts and a tank top in the jungle was cool!

But on a more lighthearted note, here's a new trailer for a movie that actually looks good: The Foreigner featuring Jackie Chan and Pierce Brosnan. Yes, the Asian kung fu king is back, folks.

Damn, Jackie Chan's looking old now (then again, he hasn't made a good movie in years). Still, I gotta say, he still moves damn good on his feet for a 63-year-old man. Throw in the insurgent premise and this looks like it could be something else. It might as well be called John Wick Meets Law Abiding Citizen: Featuring Jackie Chan.

"You have no idea who you're dealing with" damn right. He's fought demons, dragons, and the Triads, mofo. Oh, and he hangs out with Chris Tucker:

signature image

Some good arguments for building the wall by popular youtuber The Rageaholic.

IKR? Lara started wearing shorts and a tank top in the jungle before wearing shorts and a tank top in the jungle was cool!
    Lara is the OG baby. Bustin' caps in dino booty since '96

Quote Originally Posted by Driber View Post

Am I the only one who thought that was deliberately a commentary on Tomb Raider?
    signature image

I saw Spider-Man: Homecoming last Friday, I really enjoyed it. Despite the drastic changes to quite a few of the characters, including some borderline-pandering ones, I must say that, as a movie, it was spec-freaking-tacular, arguably the best Spidey film to date. Great to see Peter Parker finally join the MCU, and Michael Keyton was such a badass as Vulture. Throw in the dynamic with Tony Stark and this film has a lot to look forward to. It'll be interesting to see which villains they give us in the sequel, I already know one right off the bat.

Oh, and I also got finished watching the first season of the new Castlevania animated Netflix series yesterday.

If you have a Netflix account, I recommend you check it out. It really captures the story and feels from the game series, albeit while being rather short in length. The first episode in particular was some really powerful and did an amazing job setting up Dracula's story. And Simon Belmont's arc was done spectacularly-well. It's too bad that this is probably the only thing series-related we'll ever see again apart from glorified gambling machines (how is this even legal?) with Konami sadly still owning the IP.
    Last edited by KManX89; 10th Jul 2017 at 20:57.
    signature image

Came across this video about the SJW campaign against Wonder Woman. It covers a variety of articles and other social media content; which in turn makes a laughable display of the sheer ignorance of these people. Because from the complaints you can see how none of these people ever actually read a WW comic in their sheltered lives, and are completely clueless about the source material. I mean not that this even surprises me, but I thought the video poster's take on it all is worth sharing.

And then there's this Mundane Matt video responding to a New York Post article about "losing a generation of men to video games", just when you thought the stigma was dead. But ohhhhhhhh NO. This btw spins off another NYP article citing that men are working less because of video games, and all from some very sketchy "research" that supposedly concludes it has taken priorities away from traditional work values, or something to that effect.

http://nypost.com/2017/07/08/were-lo...deo-games/amp/

http://nypost.com/2017/07/05/why-mor...g-video-games/

My own take on the originating artcile (Why men are working less - video games), basically it could be any number of things in which people spend their free time, how ever much that is. If not gaming, it might be watching sports, playing sports, reading, artistic pursuits (painting, writing, music, dancing...) hiking or cycling, crafting replicas, stamp collecting, museums, pool, bar hopping or nightclubs... I could go on.

Video games isn't the cause of working less, because if the hours taken isn't enough to take care of rent and other living needs, whether we're talking part time or minimum wage that even on 40 hrs full time often isn't enough for basic living, they'll look for additional work to not end up homeless. Of course I'm aware there are irresponsible people out there, who poorly manage their time and finances, spending without thinking, that lose their services and utilities or receive eviction warnings. These are the people who don't learn from harsh experience or lean on generous family and friends, thus don't become self sufficient. But on the greater whole, most (rational) people won't put leisure at the top of their priorities at the expense of their living security.

Video games isn't SO influential that it compels people to find more time in at the cost of work hours needed to sustain themselves. This coming from someone who enjoys the immersive experience that gaming offers. The free time is simply what ever any one has based on their work to revenue ratio. More to the point, so long as living expenses are met at what ever hours are worked to maintain it, it's perfectly fine and even healthy to have personal pursuits to partake in, to have things to be passionate about outside of work.

So what it comes down to is; it's not the activity that makes anyone choose their distribution of time between work and leisure, it's simply how they choose to use the leisure time they have.
    signature image

George Romero, the zombie movie God, passes away at 77.

Sad day for zombie faithful or fans of any and all things horror. I'll never forget when his Resident Evil script, which was actually faithful to the game's source material, was rejected in favor of that hack, Paul W.S. Anderson and the complete butcher job he's done to the series ever since.

Here's hoping James Wan (the best current horror filmmaker) brings that same badass script and vision we all knew Romero was capable of giving us for the rebooted series of Resi films. If Dead Silence, Insidious: Part III and The Conjuring 2 are any indication, I have no doubt it'll be hella scary and good. And yes, I included IP3 because he was still attached as a producer.
    signature image

lol, PewDiePie just red-pilled his 50+ million audience on the wage gap myth.

Go, Pewds, Go!

Pierce Morgan is an idiot. And a massive hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by AdobeArtist View Post
    Am I the only one who thought that was deliberately a commentary on Tomb Raider?
    That's what I'm saying yeah. Sarkeesian has attacked Lara for her looks countless times and playing this "realism" card is a common shame tactic of the sex negative social justice crowd who can't stand the sight of sexy women.

Ermahgerd fictional skin pixels on a TV screen, the horror!

Page 1079 of 1080 FirstFirst ... 7957997910291069107510761077107810791080 LastLast