Page 1079 of 1079 FirstFirst ... 795799791029106910751076107710781079
Results 26,951 to 26,959 of 26959

Thread: The Humble Abode (Thread of Randomness)

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    Ok, Anthem you have my total attention now...
    Where were those faces in ME:Andromeda eh?

Almost peed a little
    signature image

Anthem, The Evil Within 2, Black Desert and Code Vein were easily the highlights of Microsoft's presser on the games side of things IMO. I love my hack-and-slash fill, as you've all probably guessed by now. Like I said earlier, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for DMC5 tonight at Sony's presser, which could very well happen.

Oh, and speaking of new games, I think I might have some rather "important" tidbits to share with Meagan. I may contact her via PM(s).
    signature image

I have to say, the simple fact that Assassin's Creed Origins takes place in Ancient Egypt (during the Ptolemaic Era no less) is enough to get my complete attention!!!
    signature image

^ Yeeees, join the brotherhood!

So, I wasn't expected to see Beyond Good & Evil 2 during Ubi's conference and I'm so sad that it was there. It looks horrific, a complete change of tone, pace and story.
    As someone who loved the first game, from the trailer the showed, it looks like we're playing as criminals (a swearing cockney monkey no less), fighting the law, with no characters from the original game.
    Just from that trailer, it looks like I'll be passing on BGE2...

It's safe to say I was underwhelmed by Ubi's conference... Bring on Sony.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    Where were those faces in ME:Andromeda eh?

Almost peed a little
    HAH!
    Yeah, I loved the mortar and missile cluster. My mates are now interested too, so I have a squad good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by KManX89 View Post
    Anthem, The Evil Within 2, Black Desert and Code Vein were easily the highlights of Microsoft's presser on the games side of things IMO.
    Evil Within 2 looks nuts. As does the new Wolfenstein

Quote Originally Posted by dark7angel View Post
    I have to say, the simple fact that Assassin's Creed Origins takes place in Ancient Egypt (during the Ptolemaic Era no less) is enough to get my complete attention!!!
    I just want to slide down a pyramid!

I was disappointed there was no Starfield announcement (Bethesda) or The Last of Us 2 info. But HZD DLC, Days Gone and Uncharted look awesome. I also really liked Sony's presser intro.
    signature image

Quote Originally Posted by a_big_house View Post
    So, I wasn't expected to see Beyond Good & Evil 2 during Ubi's conference and I'm so sad that it was there. It looks horrific, a complete change of tone, pace and story.
    As someone who loved the first game, from the trailer the showed, it looks like we're playing as criminals (a swearing cockney monkey no less), fighting the law, with no characters from the original game.
    Just from that trailer, it looks like I'll be passing on BGE2...
    Agreed, it really is a let down. It has been anticpated for so long and this is what they came up with. Really dissapointing they scrapped the interesting characters and setting from the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tihocan View Post
    HAH!
    As does the new Wolfenstein
    Been looking forward to the new Wolfenstein, really liked the New Order, this one looks good so far.

Also glad to see that finally there was some info about the new Southpark game, the stick of truth was really enjoyable.

Sweet Christmas! The new Uncharted: The Lost Legacy trailer looks so FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!! Just WOW!

signature image

All conferences have been pretty lackluster this year, but as for who "won" I'd have to give Nintendo the nod. At least they actually had a plethora of new games to show off even if they're all 1st party. Oh and Metroid Prime 4 despite there being no footage, release date or even info on the game.

The MP4 announcement definitely justified my Switch purchase.
    signature image

Konami strikes again.

Kojima Productions, Nikkei reports, is supposedly having trouble joining the Kanto IT Software Health Insurance Association with its application apparently being refused. Over 7,000 companies are part of this association, which offers discounted health insurance to tech industry workers as well as hotel, restaurant, and gym discounts. Konami is reportedly a big player in this association, with its sports clubs participating in the program. When asked regarding the matter, the Kanto IT Software Health Insurance Association is quoted by Nikkei as saying, “We are unable to comment on this issue.”
    Wow. Just when I begin to think that piece of company can't get any worse (how many times have people said this? I've lost count), they CONTINUE to outdo themselves.

I hate Konami with a fiery passion, and well, I guess it burns deeper now. Seriously, keeping ex-employees from receiving health insurance, WTF? This is beyond petty. And on top of that, they're actively going out of their way to keep ex-employees from getting other jobs.

Oh wait, this is the same company that reassigns their developers to janitorial jobs, cancels hyped AF games (Silent Hills), sits on beloved IPs and slaps em on whorehouse slot machines, locks up their own employees, kept Kojima from attending and receiving his own award at the VGAs, turns beloved stealth-action franchises into generic survival zombie games, etc. Nothing they do surprises me at this point.

In the legendary words of Jim Sterling, "Konami is Konami and Konami is the worst". Truer words have never been spoken.

I especially "loved" this bit:

When asked about Metal Gear Survive at a 2016 TGS stage event, Kojima replied, “I know absolutely nothing about it,” Kojima said. “That’s because it’s totally unrelated to me, right? Um, how should I put this? Well, for me, Metal [Gear] is espionage with political fiction. Right? So, because of that, there’s no reason that zombies would show up.”

According to Nikkei (via My Game News Flash), Konami allegedly sent a letter addressed to Kojima last fall. Nikkei reports it stated, “You are unfairly sullying the reputation of our company.”
    LMAO, Kojima is sullying the reputation of your company? You f'ing did that yourselves. Konami is in no position to point the finger after all the BS they pulled in just the last 2 years alone. It makes me wish I would've bought TPP (the last game I'll ever buy from them) used so as to not give these a-holes money. You better believe they're not getting another dime from me.

Seriously, Konami. They can go straight to hell.
    signature image

Page 1079 of 1079 FirstFirst ... 795799791029106910751076107710781079