Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gangsters 3

Gangsers 3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gmkillers View Post
    why have eidos not released a gangsters 3 gangsters2 was amazing and people are still playing it 8years on you cant say that about many games people love it i play it still its just an amazing game so please release a number 3
    That was the same thing I wondered! I've played that for 8 years and this is 2012 for the record. I thought it was awsome and never saw anything like it! I want a number 3 too! I thought a hi-tech one would come too! Like one were you select businesses and gun salers and stuff! Like under a skimish mode? You konw? I DEMAND a Gansters 3. I would pay about $50 for a disk. My sister technically stole gangsters 2 and I bought another for $75 because I have the money. And that game I am addicted to! I want a Gangsters 3 within 10 years!

hi peeps

just joined this forum to show support for an original gangsters 3

I bought the original and loved it. I read the reviews of the second and as soon as I found out it wasnt sandboxed I didnt buy it. I was 10 year old! I couldnt afford to by a linear game. I wanted what everyone else in this thread wanted... freedom, RTS, the lot

Any small computer games businesses looking to go big, buy the blueprints of Gangsters1 and then improve graphics and bugs.. i'll even buy a share in it

Come on Eidos just do it will you.

Quote Originally Posted by Knock0 View Post
    I think our wishes may have been awnsered, just not by Eidos....

I stumbled upon a turn based game that if it has a sandbox mode sounds A LOT like Gangsters 1 which in my opinion was the better of the two.....Its going to be made by the people who made Tropico 3 and 4.....

The game is set in the same time periods as gangsters 1 but instead of a fake Chicago it is going to be set in Atlantic city....

Here is the Article...and it comes with a trailer on Youtube....

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...-of-gangsters/
    dude i think you maybe right! thanks for getting me on to this.

I read a bit more on:
    http://uk.ign.com/games/omerta-city-...4706/pc-129676

I think this might be what we've all been craving for!!

woof!

alkil, welcome to the board. Please use the edit feature in the future, instead of double posting.

Thanks.

I think its awesome that this thread still excists! If Eidos wanted, they could make this the game of the century... I still hope to see Gangsters 3 one day

However, 'Omerta, City Of Gangsters (which was mentioned earlier in this thread) certainly looks very promising. It seems to combine gangsters 1 and 2, just as people in this thread are suggesting for Ganbgsters 3. I won't be surprised if a developer from Kalypso came across this thread and got inspired. But I'm cerainly not surprised at all to see comments onder the previews like:

"I HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR A GAME LIKE THIS TO COME OUT SINCE THE PC GAME GANGSTERS: organized crime (the first one) which is probably my favourite game of all time." [Gamespy forum, http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/pc/omerta-c...226162p1.html]

or

"lijkt deze game op gangsters organized crime van 10 jaar geleden? Zo ja dan koop ik hem" (translation: Does this game looks like 'gangsters organized crime' from 10 years ago? If so, I'll buy it) [www.gamer.nl, http://www.gamer.nl/preview/368670/o...ewaard-geheim]

So this is starting to looks like a missed opportunity for Eidos and like a smart move from the competition. If this game is really as good as it appears to be at this point, you will never see me asking for gangsters 3 again.

Smile

Just register in this forum to ask some question regarding Gangster: Organized Crime.

Does anyone know how to create a mod for Gangster: Organized Crime ???

My only clue is in the G:OC data folder, which is all of them is in .xtx files.

I have no idea how to edit every files in that folder because when i opened it with notepad, i only found some "Alien Scripture" (Which i thought maybe it was encryted and i dont know anything about programming).

If anyone know how to edit the .xtx files which i assumed it was encryted, please tell me.

Thx for the attention.

i to would love to see this i just had to maker acount to talk to omerta was a let down , big let down esp in sandbox LOL
    any one know if theres a way to edit gangster 2 so the campaign has no time limit , that for me would make the game so much better

Quote Originally Posted by Nutnut View Post
    i to would love to see this i just had to maker acount to talk to omerta was a let down , big let down esp in sandbox LOL
    any one know if theres a way to edit gangster 2 so the campaign has no time limit , that for me would make the game so much better
    1st if you do not want a time limit, purchase gangsters 1...the sandbox mode was so much better and more in depth then any of the mission from gangsters 2, gangsters 2 was a huge step back in gameplay from part 1, they seemed to dumb down 2 to appeal to the more casual base from the part 1 due to the higher learning curb in part 1 and the shear amount of possibilities and options in part 1..

But i like yourself fell into the Omerta trap, its sandbox mode holds a tenth of the option available to you in the gangsters OC a game made a decade before, they literally copied almost everything from gangsters but all the parts that made gangsters so much more special....

Its amazing though that every other comment in the Steam Omerta forums and the Kalypso forums itself is persons from all over the world stating how they thought this was going to the spiritual successor to Gangsters Organized Crime, and how it was such a let down, i find it rather amazing that there is so many other people out there that can still remember the 1st gangsters literally making the Omerta developers tens of thousands if not 100s of thousand dollars cause they felt it was a copy from the original Gangsters organized crime lol...

it was on the steams best sellers list for a week plus, now its all comments in the forum on what a letdown the game was as it is not even 20% of the gameplay,immersion, depth and shear size of the city that Gangsters OC was...

but now the public has a taste for Gangster RTS simulation games, hopefully some developer or a publisher like paradox will pickup on all the comments in the steam forums and Omerta forums, hell eve on these forums where a thread is still active asking for a game originially released a decade+ ago lol

But i also thank everyone who has taking the time our to reply to this thread and by some chance help in the cause for a successor to Gangsters organized crime the 1st one lol......Everyone who has posted here should copy this link to other communities they are active in and hope to find more persons like us who are waiting for a gangsters remake in todays technology and also with it being made moddable with ease

and just a side note lol.....This is my 7th post in 4 years on this forum lol, talk about dedicated to a gangster 3 release lmao

I've trying to get into contact with Eidos Montreal or Square Enix Europe, with the possibility of buying the rights to both Gangsters 1 & 2 along with the original source code. I've also tried contacting Zoo Digital which bought Hothouse Creations Ltd back in 2004. I'll be giving all 3 a call tomorrow.
    Contact me at
    lulu2d4@yahoo.com

Haha people are still talking about this.

I can't play Gangsters 2 on Windows Vista

I played Gangsters 2 a long time ago on my old PC and recently fancied playing it again on my new computer. However, when trying to install it, it kept giving me an error message and it doesn't seem to be compatible with newer versions of Windows. Is there a way to get around this?! Also, I like the sound of the original as well! Would it be the same for this one as it is obviously older?!?!

I've got a craving for Gansters again!!! Got the strategy guide here from like 10 years ago. YARRRS! Let's get it installed!

Also, we may be in with a chance of another Gangsters through Kickstarter! Crowd funded! We just need a decent, willing developer to rally behind!

What flood?

Quote Originally Posted by WhatsHisFace View Post
    There are enough "gangster" games as-is. It's a crowded market.
    G'day, I have loved "Gangster/Mob" games since the early days when the whole family was hooked playing "Mugsy's Revenge" on the old C64 and have since those old days enjoyed Mafia, Mafia 2 and Gangsters 2. I only know of 2 other games.. Gangsters 1 (which I have not played yet but will be tracking down a copy so that I can try it aftrer reading the comments of others) and Omerta Demo as of yesterday which I enjoyed and will be purchasing on payday. If anyone knows of any other good games that exist in this "crowded market" I would be very gratefull to hear of them.

There is something about the mobster era that just gets me no matter what the genre of game is, I love it!

To Eidos:
    I have a few questions that I would be very excited to hear replies to if you guys have the time. Thankyou.

Omerta feels so much like a rip off of your game Gangsters 2 from what I have played so far and I feel a little guilty at wanting it so bad, though it will not stop me from making a purchase.
    I am curious as to what your thoughts on this are?

Do you regret not making Gangsters 3 now that Omerta is out?

Does the release of Omerta set in stone that there will never ever be a Gangsters 3 or do you think it is an opportunity to study the flaws of Omerta and make something better?

Given the average age of gamers these days are the middle aged gamers that played your old classics & the fact that alot of cool old stuff (Video games, songs, movies) that we loved back than is being remade today as cash cows - Would it not be viable to do something with the Gangsters brand since it is so well known by the "Average Gamer"?

This is my 1st post on this forum and I hope that I have not offended anyone as this is not my intention all my questions are serious and do not contain sarcasm. Thankyou for reading.

Smile May I help?

Quote Originally Posted by laddersrich View Post
    I played Gangsters 2 a long time ago on my old PC and recently fancied playing it again on my new computer. However, when trying to install it, it kept giving me an error message and it doesn't seem to be compatible with newer versions of Windows. Is there a way to get around this?! Also, I like the sound of the original as well! Would it be the same for this one as it is obviously older?!?!
    I installed Gangsters 2 on my win 7 machine tonight - works fine - and will be trying it on win 8 tommorrow.

Do you have a copy of your error messages? perhaps its a problem I could help with?

Hi people!!!
    Ive also register on this forum because i google gangster 3 :P
    I played both game and still do to this day
    I also think that Eidos could merge the 1 and the 2,to make an Ultimate Gangsters game,with the tech of today i can imagine how this game will look more appealing to gamers.(even with the so so graphics the game was awesome)

This franchise have the potential to be very attractive cause its UNIQUE fun and addictive,even if i know, nothing will happen, i keep dreaming

Gangsters 3

Just Signed up today so I could also jump on the Gangsters 3 bandwagon!!

This is an Excellent game of strategy and a lot of FUN to boot!! I actually bought this game when it was first released. Now in 2013 I just reinstalled it for the 2nd time this year so i could have it on my desktop at home and my laptop when I visit the in-laws...

If this game was brought back as Gangsters 3 im sure it would be a huge hit, especially Multiplayer!! If they released a new game today. I would have bought it already

Big Grin

It would be great to have a gangster 3. The first one was so great. I will download it again for sure, i miss it.

Gangster 2 was a deception if we compare it to the first one, two completely different games. I thought Omerta could be a kind of Gangster 3 but I was disapoint again.

A gangster 3 based on the first one could be the greater game ever !

please can we have gangster 3

i register just for this thread

as all above people i agree aswell that we really want the sequel

and as others aswell i played gangster 1 till today

i was hoping to find some good news concerning new gangster series but it seems it doesnt

please do develop gangster 3 we beg you

I'm waiting to Gangsters 3 too , the second part was so cool .

also just registered for this thread

i just played the demo of omerta, and was totally frustrated that it was nothing like gangsters (or at least gangsters2). searched the web aaaaand now i'm here

i got gangsters ~10 years ago and it's one of my all-time-favorites. a 3rd part would be awesome. crowdfounding might be the best idea!? anyone up to that?

I also came only for this thread.

I have been waiting for Gangsters 3 for a long time now. Never played Gangsters 2, and what I've read about it I never will. But the original Gangsters OC was one of my favourite games, and I still crave for it from time to time. The only thing I DIDN'T like was the fact that you can't fast forward the real-time week. (In fact, I could even settle for a version where there was no real-time mode, only maybe an animated feedback to actions.)

I also think crowdfunding might be the answer, as with many games that are not suited for every living room. There's new Jagged Alliance coming, new Baldurs Gate feel-alike (Project Eternity), new Planescape Torment, point&click adventures, heck, why not a sequel to Gangsters?

After Gangsters3 the only game I think I would be waiting and dreaming of would be Gabriel Knight 4.

Tarthur, you'll probably never read this but I had to register to let you know, you could fast forward in the working week! The clock in the bottom right hand corner has arrows for you to speed up time. Wow, domination of a city must have taken you ages.

Also, of course I'd pay good money for Gangsters 3 and would echo what all the fans have said about using Gangsters OC sandbox style and using the graphics and features (drive-by!) from Gangsters 2. If Eidos are so insistent that it wouldn't make money then a no brainer would be to port Gangsters OC on to android and IOS. You could have full functionality on your phone or tablet and it would sell for 6 quid easily. Have you seen the junk that makes money in the app stores?

I'll never forget being a small kid back in 97 and seeing Gangsters. My dad bought it for me and it had that awesome news paper style manual in the huge box. I read all about the St Valentines day massacre on the way home and couldn't wait to play it, it was my first PC game. That God awful racket it made while the city was being built used to go on for about 3 minutes on my old PC! It lasts about 10 seconds on my laptop now.

/end fanboy

Wow..Amazing

Hi gangsters OC lovers!

I just has this urge to pull out my old Gangsters OC cd.. I found I can't play it on Windows 8, anyone had this problem? Solution anyone?

Sad to see still no Gangsters 3 based on the original Organised Crime. Omerta wasn't what everyone expected!.. Any video game producers out there wanting some work?

Hey Obeed did you make it work on Windows 8?

Me too just registered just for this thread:
    Yesterday i started a new round of Gangsters 1 and got curious if there are newer games like Gangsters. I found Omerta, but it looks too simple, although the idea isnt bad.

Its unbelievable that no game developer is willing to make a nonlinear and complex Gangster Managment/Simulation/Strategy Game.

There is a market for sure and i dont give up hope

Registered to post this. I would love to see a sequel to gangsters with a similar feel to OC where it was very freeform and the city was available for you to do as you please with. I loved playing this as a teenager the amount of freedom was great I would happily pre purchase this game as soon as its announced lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast