Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Gangsters 3

Count me in for Gangsters 3

Gangsters was the best gangster sim game ever and the second gangster I still play. I wish there will be made a gangsters 3 and even to be made as the first gangster only in an mmo environment.
    It may be nice to play with others in a persistent endless gangster game. Forging syndicates and parting territories.

Never ceases to amaze me how this thread always comes back. On Google, this thread is the first result when typing 'Gangsters 3' so I think that explains it.

I might as well join the bandwagon. I know that games that develop a cult following like this, 10 years after their release, must have made quite an impact. Even though I never had a chance to play the original, I would likely pick it up in the unlikely event a sequel was made, if only to see what all the fuss is about

I always wanted to see a sequel to Urban Assault, so I know how you all feel. Let's hear it for Gangsters 3!
    signature image

+1 for Gangsters 3

Wow, was just thinking about gangsters and came across this thread, so I've signed up to add my voice to the plea for a Gangsters3. This game could sell really well.

Wow i forgot all about this thread, i forgot that i setup an account in the edios forum just to support gangsters 3 lol, a non-existent game lol

What really amazes me the most is that i thought of gangsters 3 almost two years ago to this post, im just one day behind a two year gap from my original post in this topic lmao

Gangsters 1 was such a great game, played it for years until I upgraded my OS and couldn't run it anymore. The thing I liked the most was it's unique replay-ability, I never played the same game twice. Like someone said before, it's like a gangster/simcity/RTS which is an absolute one off!

Gangsters 2 was a decent game but lacked the replay-ability open ended gameplay of it's original. The missions where great, the first time around then you started wanting to just play it without any missions and time limit but you couldn't. What I liked most about this installment that the original didn't have was the context sensitive cursor which allowed you to bomb a building in the actual game world not just on the newspaper screen.

In my eyes, Gangsters 3 would be both combined.

Firstly: Linear missions and a main story gets very old very fast. It must have a random world builder like Gangsters 1. If the choice was between having a story to follow for a limited time or no story but unlimited time playing it, the latter must take priority. Here's an idea, upon creating a new game, generating a random map, you could give the opposition different personalities. Depending on the personalities they have depends on how that enemy will play. 1 may be a ladies man and run a chain of brothels. Another maybe a loud mouth and specialize in nightclubs. Each would have different strengths/weaknesses, backgrounds, aims and personalities. All those factors could determine a main story within a randomly generated world. Maybe thats how you could combine those 2 points of the previous games.

Secondly: I'd like to see a return of the newspaper "pre-game" screen where you can plan absolutely everything and then start the week. However unlike gangsters 1 where if you forgot to give a gangster and order in the "pre-game" screen you could still tell him to carry out that order in game. That way your satisfying both types of people, those that like to plan everything and those that like to just get stuck in.

Finally : I would certainly recommend supporting user made content! Mods! It is a fact that games last longer than they are expected to with the support of mods. Look at morrowind/oblivion the modding community is absolutely HUGE! Those games are still going strong because players get to see their own ideas come to life. If i was a game director every game my studio made would support user made content.

I signed up here just for that. I really do hope they make Gangsters 3 and not miss anything out, make it as good as it can be.

Long live this thread!

Quote Originally Posted by KingGsterUK View Post
    Firstly: Linear missions and a main story gets very old very fast. It must have a random world builder like Gangsters 1. If the choice was between having a story to follow for a limited time or no story but unlimited time playing it, the latter must take priority. Here's an idea, upon creating a new game, generating a random map, you could give the opposition different personalities. Depending on the personalities they have depends on how that enemy will play. 1 may be a ladies man and run a chain of brothels. Another maybe a loud mouth and specialize in nightclubs. Each would have different strengths/weaknesses, backgrounds, aims and personalities. All those factors could determine a main story within a randomly generated world. Maybe thats how you could combine those 2 points of the previous games.

Secondly: I'd like to see a return of the newspaper "pre-game" screen where you can plan absolutely everything and then start the week. However unlike gangsters 1 where if you forgot to give a gangster and order in the "pre-game" screen you could still tell him to carry out that order in game. That way your satisfying both types of people, those that like to plan everything and those that like to just get stuck in.

Finally : I would certainly recommend supporting user made content! Mods! It is a fact that games last longer than they are expected to with the support of mods. Look at morrowind/oblivion the modding community is absolutely HUGE! Those games are still going strong because players get to see their own ideas come to life. If i was a game director every game my studio made would support user made content.
    Long live this thread!
    Haha, for sure
    But don't forget a new multiplayer mode that allows you to build a syndicate on a 24/7 world! A multiplayer mode that allows the player to evolve from a thug into a kingpin!
    Wage wars against other players or make deals with them.

But anyway, still waiting for Gangsters 3!

Clocked gangsters 2 a few times now on medium, great game. Praying for a gangsters 3. Infact I'll install gangsters 1 now to check it out if yall say it's also good.. and yea i signed up here just to vote for Gangsters 3.

Hope they make some sandbox mode at least and a better multiplayer with illegal businesses, police, jail, bribes etc. like single player.

I cant stop playing the Gangster 1 that was released 1996 . It much better than the Gangsters 2..Cos it have the Sand box mode. Still its so perfectly made game and fun... I have talked for years to my friends that they really shuld make a new Gangsters with the technology we have today and with the steps in multi gaming we have today on starcraft and such games this game could be made so much better! I have played this game more or less last 10 years. at least a few hours each months. I just love to start up again and set up illigal buissnes , bribe, beat people, and plan my next move!

And for sure this type of game will SELL!! allways SELL.

Honestly i think bought at least 5 copies of Gangsters 1 and 1 copy of gangsters 2 from "Sould out games"

Please eidos ! give me some hope for a new Gangsters!

lol my first post today , and i saw yesterday someone talked about Gangsters 3 ! wow.

Anyway i am NOT alone in this world to love this game!

My personal feeling is that Paradox ( the swedish strategy game company) would be the best to make this type of game. I which they would buy the brand or co-op with eidos to make this game ! . would really be a hit i think. I love Paradox strategy games!

I just love how many people are registering for the sole purpose of posting in this thread lololol!!!
    signature image

It's been almost 3 years since this thread started, heh.. ..and still prayin'.

Quote Originally Posted by The Zoo Boy View Post
    I just love how many people are registering for the sole purpose of posting in this thread lololol!!!
    It's like that Carmageddon thread. They won in the end, though, because there's a new Carma in the making

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

We want Gangsters 3 continue!!!

Dear company EIDOS INTERACTIVE, my name Artiom, i am from Ukraine (Odessa city). I have i question for you! What do you think about continuation of game gangsters 2? I hear that a "Hot Line" does not operate already, but however really to do continuation of this beautifull game so expensive? Please reply here or my mail! With respect, Artiom Troyzkyi.

Hello, Artiom. We did some checking for you and I'm sorry to say that there's no chance of this getting a third title. The sales just didn't hold up. The first title sold 200k (thousand) in the UK, and the second fell to only 70k. But, at least you have two awesome titles in the series to replay and enjoy

One more question!

Yes, I understand. Ok. What about to update multiplayer game? To plug in a game cops, judgement and other? Maybe you have this addons, patches? Thank you that able so quickly to answer me.

I think for reasons stated by TH, it's not going to happen, Troyzkyi. Sorry.

Also, I merged your thread with an older we already had going on here

Driber.net | Forum Thumbnailer | Driber Wagon™ | RAWR! | TR Ancient Legends III - Lost Chambers | -- .- .-. .. . / .. ... / -.-. ..- - . :-)

Count me in as one who joined this forum for the sole purpose of showing support for gangsters 3. Was watching the Simpsons with an episode with fat Tony and Gangsters popped into my head. Having lost my copy long ago, thought I'd see if any new installments had come out and this was the first thread. Looked at getting a torrent, but seems people are having compatibility issues with Vista. Looks like the franchise is dead for me unless Eidos make another one.

Gangsters: Organized Crime is one of my all time favorites even thou the game has a lot of bugs in it. If they ever made a remake of the first Gangsters (sandbox type) i'd definitely buy it.

If they had released it without any bugs in it and with a finished UI, then this game would definitely have caught more attention and sold a lot more copies. Even with the patch the game still requires a lot of work It'll always be one of those classic "gems" that i'll never forget and cherish.

I bought Gangsters 2 and i felt they went in the wrong direction with this. Abandoning the "sandbox" concept of the game was the dumbest thing they could do because i always felt that this was the reason why the game was addictive.

If anyone knows a list of known bugs & fixes for Gansters 1, please let me know. There are a lot of bugs in the game and i would like to know if others are experiencing the same bugs.

I think our wishes may have been awnsered, just not by Eidos....

I stumbled upon a turn based game that if it has a sandbox mode sounds A LOT like Gangsters 1 which in my opinion was the better of the two.....Its going to be made by the people who made Tropico 3 and 4.....

The game is set in the same time periods as gangsters 1 but instead of a fake Chicago it is going to be set in Atlantic city....

Here is the Article...and it comes with a trailer on Youtube....

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...-of-gangsters/

I registered here too to say something about Gangsters.

Gangsters 1 was a real gem and still is. Gangsters 2 is what well... happened just everywhere: it was dumbed down to death. Almost every game-series was dumbed down or even destroyed or forgotten.

The bigger a company gets, the more it relies on the big money and because of that, they have to sell it too the bigger audience which in fact is: simple, easy, lazy, can't loose, the so called KISS-customer. Keep It Simple Stupid. Quantity is what matters, not quality. You can manipulate such people with good graphics, which in fact for many already means a good quality.

Recently I discovered, that there are some folks crowdfunding for games to get developed: The Rainbow Six series ended with Raven Shield, since then the devs developed (sorry to say that) completely worthless . 3rd Person, cover system, recoverable health, 3 guys against 1000 terrorists... action.... arcade. After all this time full of hopeless waiting, some guys started to crowdfund a project called Takedown, which in fact goes back to the oldschool times (better and modernized) because these developers have enough of all the games like CoD, BF, Modern Warfare.

The only way for us is to wait and forget about big developing companies since what they do is please all the simple minded people. Sometimes I ask myself, If they are sometimes not ashamed of what they do. We will wait a long time till then while getting older, like many have for a real rainbow six. I even waited 11 years for another complex combat flight simulator to be released after Falcon 4.0 (which was kept alive to date with high realistic mods, BMS 4.32) => DCS Blackshark. And still after 14 years since Falcon 4.0 came out, nobody was able to recreate its dynamic campaign system.

The same happening with movies with a 3D-overdose, everything looking like too much unrealistic action. Just think about the last terminator movie, of which im sure many of you said that its the best in history... with this SkyNET defence program having a face, transformers with transformer sounds harvesting humans while having 2 terminator bikes in their shoes..... or out of the sudden there are terminator-snakes in rivers ffs give me a f break... in these times everything goes nuts and is going to be raped till it dies just because everyone wants to make something new to give it a personal note like that idiot who developed Civ5 and changed it completely to the tiest civ game. But im happy that happened because after Civ5 I discovered Paradox Interactive which make complex and btw the greatest "Grand Strategy Games" out there.

YOU DEV'S SUCK, YOU ARE SLAVES AND NO ARTISTS.

Yeah, I know that a company has to look at what's going to sell and what isn't. Hate to say it, but I really do understand. However, Gangsters in today's market would just be spectacular.

Not only are we looking at games that are 10+ years old, but we're failing to see how much the market has grown; especially the PC gaming market. Sure, some people just don't like mafia games in general, but then the same thing could be said about every game. Not everyone likes CoD, BF, Assassins Creed, Hitman, Tomb Raider, you get the point.

But I can see this game being made with multiplayer content that would be endless fun. Not only that, but the graphics *drool*. Could you imagine playing online with people trying to take over businesses and just the action of it all, would be insane.

Tbh Eidos, you gave us Kane and Lynch: Dog Days. You cannot really say that you have a good sense of decision making skills.

We need a remake of gangsters 1 so i can play it on my ipad.
    Or make gangsters 3 .

Just signed up for this. hope more people will so we can get a new gangsters game.
    Maybe we can start a kickstartproject for the remake?

I cannot believe they have not made gangsters 3. I realize that gangsters 2 was a flop due to bad reviews but that is because Eidos made the game too linear. the best part of gangsters 1 was the freedom to build up your businesses. The mission structure without the option of sandbox in Gangsters 2 was its demise. I for one would buy gangsters 3 tomorrow if it were released, hopefully it would have a massive sandbox option. I can almost see it now, orchestrate the control of illegal activity throughout Americas biggest cities simultaneously to become more powerful than the president...now that would be epic. I could even handle if it had the same graphics and feel as gangsters one. Too many games lose playability due to concentration on action and graphics. The beauty of gangsters one was the architecture of the game play, it was a soulful, strategic and in its time cutting edge game.
    If they wanted to improve the graphics then i am sure it would appeal to the newer game audience but i would be just as happy to have a game with some grit and soul.
    I want to be immersed again, hear the sound of the birds in the morning and still hunger for that coffee i was going to make two hours ago only i was at a good point in the game and could not drag my self away...FOR THE LAST 2 HOURS...of an eighteen hour gaming marathon.
    So i guess what i am really saying is make gangster 3. Sure box it as something else if you feel stigma is attached after Gangsters 2 but please EIDOS....please please please consider making what could potentially turn out to be the most epic game ever.

TheCabal says the right thing, but Stuyvesant is right as well, there's still alot of people looking out for gangsters 3 including me, my 2 brothers and 4 of my cousins.

These days game creators only care about the best graphics, but in my opinion a good looking game is always smaller.
    Take Mafia II or The Godfather II for example.
    Both where nice looking games for the time of release.
    Mafia II was a bummer if it came to freedom, there was no freedom at all.
    Godfather II had some options, but the freedom in Godfather II leads to doing the same thing over and over like this.
    Drive to location, Kill enemy's, Take over business, hire a couple goons, en drive to the next location, do the same thing over.
    not to mention the cars in that game.
    and what can you do with the money? buy guns and hire guards and that's it.
    this game's basics where not finished before they released it.
    Godfather 1 was a little better in my opinion be course you dealt with more then 1 rival gang at the same time, it had some more options the way how the player liked to do things.
    however Godfather 1 lacked the option for hiring muscles to do difficult jobs, and also lacked in numbers of car's not to mention the graphics compared to the rest of the game.

I think that if Gangsters 3 would ever be created it should become a 3D game with just as much freedom as in Gangsters 1 with reduced graphics (setback 5 years) like the game scarface or GTA San andreas (for current year) to make the city (s) larger and allow some countryside as well, just like the game Mafia 1, also maybe add some small Villages / Towns in it as well. also allow an airport for future expansion packs with other city's should the game become a success.
    To improve freedom even further the player should be able to decorate a purchased location with furniture you can buy at furniture shops in the city. If you buy an apartment room on the 10th floor of a building you should be able to place or relocate walls and create rooms, for example bedrooms where you or your hoods can heal, Living rooms where hoods can relex in case of low morale, or perhaps set up an a Armsdealer, brothel, or safehouse, or just have it rented by an NCP be course you want your illegal business on a place with less neighbors to prevent them from calling the cops. or you could buy the whole apartment block and turn it into an hotel. or just sell it with profit (price determined by ground value which is determined by crime in the neighborhood)
    I think the game would become to heavy if every apartment has different layouts, so perhaps its best to keep apartment layouts the same as long they are located in the same kind of apartment block.
    using windows fire escapes and rooftops would also be cool if added.

Using railroad, subway/Elevated railroad, trams and maybe the bus should be possible, in case you don't want to steal a car when your located in an area which is protected by rival mobsters.

This game should have loads of weapons and cars maybe with upgrades, Cars should have different trunk space to put in whatever you want. (weapons, Crates, furniture)

The NPC skill's that where in Gangsters1 should be returned and maybe add a few to them like merchant (for legal jobs)
    separate firearms in pistol, rifle, machine gun and sniper firearms.
    also separate business skill more specific.

Yearset:
    another thing i think that would be cool is continuous time.
    The early mafia came was already present in 1890 as a result of thieves joining forces together.
    maybe its cool if you could start as a thief in the year 1885 or so, (If horses and wagons are not a great issue), and then you advance through time until.... perhaps near future (2020). But if you want to play the game on a fixed time say 1930, all you do is just freeze/pauze the continuous time when your in 1930 and you stay in 1930 for as long as you want, or just select starting time 1930 fixed from the start of the game.

When the city starts in 1885 its buildings and architecture is from that day, but when time goes by new buildings will rise along the city limits so that the town really grows, and buildings become newer on the city limits and the old town stays the way it was, of course some building are going to make place for skyscrapers, and some houses for apartments, and if you blow up a 1900's block with a bomb in 1990, then after some time a new building will rise in the 90's architecture, just a random structure that fits the blown surface. (Simcity idea)
    when you got a business running in a block that have to make space for a new, the city council automatically deposit the value on your bank.

Also the cars and weapons come with later models, together with technology's like the first phone's in 1986, and the first cars, newer trains, trams and subway cars, boats, streetlights, lantern's etc.

Go Stait:
    Should you decide to leave illegal activity's and go strait than the game should not end, but in stead you could become a taxi, or truck driver, just go to the port and load crates in the back of a boat, truck, or in the car trunk (if it fits) and drive it to another location (shop) to unload it and receive a lousy $10 from the shopkeeper NPC.
    or maybe supply building sites with bricks, sand, or large panels loaded on flatbeds by cranes.
    I also added boats to the idea, as many old city's had canals or rivers along the houses, just like London, Amsterdam, Venice, Paris, Berlin, Rome, even New York had canals on lower Manhatten.
    This Canals where used to transport massive amount or heavy goods as there where not much of trucks before 1900.
    you can also use boats as a ferry
    there are many ways to create real jobs.

another thing that should be added to the game is the ability to work from 2D like in gangsters1. (for example) when you are sitting in your office and you look out the window and you notice a bank just opened it's doors, perhaps you think about robbing or extorting it, you may do it yourself, but you can also go to 2D and send a couple gangsters out for the bank to raid it, and while you are standing on front of the window in your office you can just watch the show happening across the street.

The game will be heavy but not be course of the graphics, but be Course of the great freedom you will have.
    To prevent piracy the game should have some downloadable content like cars, trucks, vans, weapons, decoration stuff, house-shop or factory interiors including wall textures.
    also multiplayer option and online registration must not be forgotten.
    To make the game more popular for dumb people, the first tutorial starts in 1885 and will continue through the game with every new option or technology as it will be to much to understand the game at once, just like in gangsters1.

I wrote this to create realistic idea's in order to create the game less competing with other mafia games except the original gangsters1
    I was hoping other people also add some ideas, so that Eidos may start thinking about the possibility's before someone else works out the nice concepts.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast