• It's not gonna work.

0 0%
  • I'd buy it!

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 First First 12

Thread: Your Own Square Enix Game

Your Own Square Enix Game

Lightbulb Opinions on my game idea

The game would follow Matt Cañas, a former Navy SEAL who was honourably discharged after being shot in the neck. Matt lives in a town in Colorado with his dog, a husky, named Casey.

The opening scene would show a flashback to 1998, when Matt was 10 years old and living with his parents. His father David Cañas had a husky named Willow (prequel already thought of). One summer night in the early hours of the morning, the family house is set on fire by some thugs. A young Matt is suffocated by the smoke while sleeping and passes out. Willow drags and carries young Matt out of the house to safety, as the roof and upstairs of the house collapses and kills David and his wife Victoria.

Now, a 10 year old Matt stood with Willow in a graveyard, looking toward his mother and fathers grave. Then a transition, showing 25 year old Matt stood with Casey, looking toward his mother, father and Willow's grave.

*3 Years Later*
    Matt comes home from town to find his house on fire, with Casey inside. He rushes in and gets Casey out as his house burns in the background. In his mailbox he notices an envelope, inside he finds a used matchstick and a letter reading "Like Father, Like Son". Thus begins a mission of revenge, to find the people responsible for his parents death and the people now trying to kill him.

So far, this is what I've come up with.

The game would be 3rd person with Casey with you in most parts of the game. While Casey is with you, you can give him commands that help you throughout the game, such as sneaking into small gaps and grabbing keys from inside a building so you can unlock the door from the outside (as an example).

Like I've mentioned I have a vivid idea for what would be a prequel, where you play as David Cañas with Willow.

Game idea (Vita)

Please, leave an answer about your thoughts and if you coulkd imagine this kind of game or not and of course why!

I just had an idea about a game and wanted to post it here to see what you all thought about it.
    No matter what you think, I hope you can stay polite in your replies.
    This will mainly be a PvP game
    The game mechanics should be like Dissidia's or those of Birth by sleep. I don't know, if it'd be better having the dodge from Dissidia or not.
    The game "Phantasy Star Online 2" doesn't provide any PvP features, like any other games, that focus mostly on beating mobs with a party.
    And the usual PvP type RPGs are all "press skill type", where often enough the outcome is defined by your actual equipment stats whereas in shooters it's more the individuals skills that count, so i wanted to use a character like in Dissidia or Kingdom Hearts as in a shooter and I'd prefer myself being able to dodge my enemies attacks instead of letting it be done by some evasion stats.
    Even though i got the feeling that Phantasy Star Online 2 was popular on Vita users, even if it wasn't released here.
    And then there are game's like Monster Hunter that are also very popular on the PSV.
    So I've been wondering how a PvP oriented game providing team play would be welcomed.
    It's not like I'd be creating such a game, it's just to throw this idea out and have feedback on this.
    And who kows, in case that ther will be a lot of positive feedback maybe SE will see this :P

Here a few videos with something like the maps I imagined:
    Normal maps:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bX1HmjRVw18
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxqcCY_eLsI
    Snow type map:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWrWwuLO3EQ
    Forest type map:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NxWj9js2Bg

Maybe you've realized, how every character looks completely different from every other thanks to a good amount of clothes and colour options.

The attacks could be a combination of the attacks from both games.
    And it would be about shooter-like modes, that are adapted to fit the actual game.

Character creation:

I think that one of the important elements in a game is individuality provided by a character creation.
    Personally, I don't like being bound to a certain character.

- Use the base size and body of the different Dissidia characters
    Or use 2 sizes: 1 for men and 1 for women (makes cloth creation easier)
    - Name creation
    - Gender choice
    - Set face choice (like A,B, C, D, …)
    - Set hair choice
    - Set voice choice
    - Starting clothing choice:
    - Head
    - Face
    - Chest
    - Arm (maybe even upper and lower part separated)
    - Hand (maybe combines with lower arm part)
    - Waist
    - Leg (maybe even upper and lower part separated)
    - Feet (maybe combined with lower leg part)
    - Weapon

Characters should have:

- Levels:
    - from 1 to ?? (I don't know, maybe not even put a level cap) This will be the usual character level.
    - A second level, which I'll explain now:
    It will be a level that shows NOT the characters strength, but the players strength.
    It will also be calculated by Player strength levels and is also determined by the ranking of the player at the end of a round.
    Unlike the character level the player level can not only go up, BUT ALSO DOWN
    It depends on what level players are above and below you to give you either + or -
    That way, it is supposed to show the value of a player himself, since the characters level will go up anyway, no matter what his end round ranking is
    (I think it would be better to hide the player level exp bar, that way it would be more of a surprise leveling up)

- EXP bar:
    - Raise the amount needed to level up with every level
    - The amount of the experience gained depends on the ranking at the end of a round and the level of those participating

- Stats:
    - HP: Health points
    - ATK: Attack points
    - DEF: Defense points
    - BRV: Bravery
    For those who haven't played Dissidia:
    There are bravery attacks which don't aim at the enemy's health, but at his bravery
    The higher your ATK the more BRV you steal
    The BRV determines how high the dmg of your following HP attack will be
    Of course, if you can steal others BRV, they can steal yours
    You got a base BRV to which your BRV with automatically fill up when you are below that amount

I'm thinking about giving points for each level up that can be invested in these 4 stats.

- Equipment:
    Every part gives a certain bonus (or malus ?) to certain stats (HP, ATK, DEF, BRV)
    - Weapon
    - Hand
    - Head
    - Body

Some sets might have set effects.
    The equipment only changes stats, and not the appearance

- Clothing:
    The clothing is what will change your characters appearance.
    That way you won't have to wear anything you don't wanna wear just beacuse of it's stats

- Head
    - Face
    - Chest
    - Arm
    - Hand
    - Waist
    - Leg
    - Feet
    - Weapon

- Attacks:
    A certain amount of attacks of which you can choose the once you want
    Attacks will have an EXP bar and can be leveled when used
    For each HP and BRV attacks you can choose 3 attacks
    They should also be different types of attacks (Physical, Fire, Water/Ice, Lightning, Wind, Darkness, Light, Gravity)

There are nice attacks in the Dissidia series and also in the Kingdom Hearts series

- Skills:
    I thought of adding skills (which can also level up by using them) of which you can use some
    Like having a certain amount of slots, each skill level takes a slot (so if you have darkness resistance Lv2 it will take 2 slots out of maybe 4, maybe more)
    Those skills would give you certain abilities:

- mouvement speed
    - resistance to a certain element
    - Bonus HP
    - Detecting Traps
    - Defense boost

Guild/Clan creation:

Concept of the game:

- For the PvP part:

How to fight:
    Teams will have a maximum of 4-6 players
    There will be 2 Teams fighting
    One match consists of 2 rounds with a side change
    I really much liked the fighting in Dissidia, so I imagine it that way
    There should be different modes like in a shooter (TDM, Capture, Base, Rescue, Bomb, or something where one team plays shadows and have a specific goal and the others have to beat them...)

Where to fight:
    People will fight on maps
    I imagined maps like smaller maps in shooters with some buildings you can run up and run in. But nothing too huge since the teams are rather small too.

Time limit for rounds

- Normal PvP
    You Join a hosted game and join randomly a team
    Gives EXP
    Levels up skills

- Competitive PvP:
    Join with your team
    Gain EXP
    Level up skills
    Gain Points for items

Teams:
    Teams can be made with random people or guild/clan members

Tournaments:
    Only on weekends
    Only once or twice on each Saturday and sunday
    Price for participation (depending on how far you went)
    Price for "Winner" and "Runner Up"
    The prices will be points for ingame items (clothes, armor pieces, weapons)
    The Winners and Runner ups will get points and a bonus item (only obtainable in the tournament)

Warzone:
    During the week there will be 2 or 3 nights where you can create a team with others and sign in for warzone.
    You get points for winning against other teams that signed in and get a bonus for consecutive wins.
    Once you lose, you can restart from 0 wins.
    The price will be points with which you can buy new clothes or armor pieces or weapons in the ingame store

Ranking:
    There will be a point system for the rankings in competitive PvP for players and for clans
    The clan ranking will be made from the clan members average points

Expansions bought with real money adding a few maps and content (not skills, but clothing, or weapons)
    Warzones will still be playable for those who don't buy them, but on a different lobby and without the new maps (points earned are still the same in both lobbies)

I mainly thought about this as a Vita game and thought that Square Enix with "Final Fantasy" and and "Kingdom Hearts" had already a lot of nearly ready material for such a game.

After writing this I wondered if the BRV system was a good idea to keep or if the fights would take too much time.

Now, to end this:
    - I'd like to hear your thoughts (positive and negative and of course why about the general idea)
    - What would you add?
    - What would you remove?
    - And anything else
    - If you don't like this idea, are there still elements you don't find that bad?

P.S. There are quiet a few ideas from the game "Metal Gear Online".
    Also, it might as well be, that someone else posted a similar idea. I didn't copy anything, it'd just us having the same idea.
    Last edited by Xelthas; 13th Mar 2014 at 10:24.

a new MMO game idea and basic plan,not professional

i'm a player of DQ series,i have a MMO game idea and basic plan,it originate from DQM,but something new and interesting.it will be different from many online games.
    it maybe name "cutie monsters:square formation",the basic plan is not quite completely,and i'm amateur,not professional designer.
    but i dont know the email if i need to send the document,another problem is my poor english,maybe i send the document with chinese.

thanks.

Exclamation ATTN: SQUARE ENIX....recommendation!

You guys really need to think about doing a game with playability/design along the lines of Tomb Raider but based on ninjas in feudal Japan. Despite what some may think that genre is NOT played out at all.

The game series Tenchu had the right idea and peaked A LOT of interest with its setting, authentic costume design and realistic stealth kills, but lets face it, the game didnt do as well as it should have because the developers did an abysmal job with the story line and playability. That game could have took off as one of the biggest franchises in game history had they gotten that right.

Ninjas are w/o a doubt one of the most lovable of characters in history. People LOVE a ninja and pretending to be one. But ninja games recently are all terrible, based on some far fetched fantasy ninja in a futuristic city, with modern era enemies and some ridiculously unrealistic costume. No one wants to play that ninja gaiden crap. People want a realistic, authentic feudal era ninja and samurai game with stealth and cool story line that fits the era. At least somewhat. And cool costumes like they would have worn back then, at least somewhat. Not some "Shredder" looking outfit that looks nothing like what they would have really worn.

And both male and female playable characters was a great idea too. Hell people have petitions out there for a new Tenchu game because they want it to be good so bad, but it never will be with those crappy developers. Sadly. You guys should really think about doing something like that. It could be huge. Guaranteed.

Sounds... interesting.
    --->Winter's YouTube <--- Currently Serving 'TR:A'
    signature image

Lightbulb I would really like to see some more games made by Square Enix. Oooo! Idea!

Like that Gunslinger Stratos beta that's going on in japan see I would be playing it right about now but It's so complicated to do translating and google isn't the best in translating so no google... but would really love to see that as one of the added games to the list!

What do you guys think? Ideas? etc.

Just so you know, I regularly write and submit my own game ideas on another site. I've just tackled my own Square-Enix fighter featuring all their major stars: Square-Enix vs. DC Universe.

I figured, hey, Square-Enix already has the DC action figure deal, so it shouldn't be too hard to secure the rights for this. Hell, they could actually pitch the DC Play Arts Kai costumes as DLC and make some serious bank on this. Plus, both DC and S-E have a lot of god-like characters, so they're almost tailor-made for eachother. Think of all the intriguing matchups you could have:

-Cloud vs. Batman
    -Sephiroth vs. Superman
    -Lightning vs. Wonder Woman
    -Lara Croft vs. Catwoman
    -Agent 47 vs. Red Hood
    -Kain vs. Ra's Al Ghul
    -Adam Jensen vs. Cyborg
    -Caius Ballad vs. General Zod
    -Kefka vs. Joker
    -Vincent Valentine vs. Deathstroke

The list goes on and on.

I also had the clever idea of having a Dual Fight System. Basically, the game starts out in a NetherRealm fighting game format with two life bars. After a player's first life bar is depleted, it reverts to an Action-Battle RPG system similar to FFVII Remake. Oh, but here's the truly genius part: S-E's characters play with the FFVII Remake/FFXV control system while DC's characters use the control scheme from the Arkham games. Tell me you wouldn't play the hell out of this.
    Last edited by KManX89; 22nd May 2016 at 22:26.

Game Idea For Square Enix

OK first of let me say that personally i think the Final Fantasy series was and still is more popular then the Pokemon crap they have going on, so that being said here's my idea.

Create a game similar to but not relevant to Pokemon Go. But, make it where u can tame, train, and upgrade chocobo's or Chickabo's like what u could in Final Fantasy VII for a mini game that and to make it more fun. Just that add the all time FAVORITE Moogle's but not to train or crap just to play and dance with or even help. Plus add the FAT CHOCOBO somewhere and other creatures through out that u can train like the Eidolons from Final Fantasy IX and the rest of the summonings from the Final Fantasy series.

To me it sounds like a good idea and what i mean by similar but not relevant to is: not having to use the GPS system like that game does but make it massive multiplayer so others can play with others .... i mean what are friends for, and so we cant make our own toon to use. Let me know what u think in the comments below.

i liked idea.

SE has best games out there

Got tons of ideas for there games already posted one called Id the dark years based often the old Xenogears game. Still even if they made something new. It would be better than what they have done to final fantasy. I mean not to be insulting here, but they have killed that title in a pretty bad way.

Reborn the "legacy of Kain"
    Remake, Continuation, Reissue, at least something. No network multiplayer, which nobody wants. We want adventure in the world of Nosgoth. With a great story

Reborn the "legacy of Kain"
    Remake, Continuation, Reissue, at least something. No network multiplayer, which nobody wants. We want adventure in the world of Nosgoth. With a great story

YEAH!!! I just made a post that didn't show up yet called Final Reality I ...have finished all of the FF games and could help make the Ultimate new series ..Hell if they say they want to hire me i would work for minimum wage lol will not say anything about the story or new characters ect ...But i promise it would be the most epic game in history and would surpass all FF games lol

Necro'ed

Dissida
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissidia_Final_Fantasy

Ehrgeiz
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ehrgeiz

p.s.
    Yes, I know, Ehrgeiz wasn't made by SE, it was "published" by them...using their characters, a unique and fun action/rpg/adventure platform, and a shoddy story...

IF you haven't played it, I REALLY recommend it..The fighting was fun (Sephi using comet was insanely OP) and the RPG even better with nice little nods to FFVII.

Page 2 of 2 First First 12