View Poll Results: What is your favorite Eidos game series?

Voters
1298. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tomb Raider

290 22.34%
  • Hitman

65 5.01%
  • Deus Ex

342 26.35%
  • Thief

259 19.95%
  • Legacy of Kain

324 24.96%
  • Commandos

18 1.39%
Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Eidos game series?

LoK all the way!
    "The seeds of the future lie buried in the past."

Exclamation

Well, it looks like it's a struggle between Legacy of Kain and Tomb Raider, but Legacy of Kain is in the lead. I think I would have to go with Tomb Raider, I don't know why, I just prefer it. It's a free choice after all.

I'd vote for Tomb Raider, but since Eidos didn't invent it and have pretty much killed the original spirit of the game... I abstain.

Cool ... and then he said ...

Quote Originally Posted by pot View Post
    I'd vote for Tomb Raider, but since Eidos didn't invent it and have pretty much killed the original spirit of the game... I abstain.
    i don't understand ???
    Eidos and Tomb Raider are like bread and butter ...

are you sulking because Eidos has moved on ?!?

No I am sulking because Eidos have ruined Tomb Raider forever...

No I am sulking because Eidos have ruined Tomb Raider forever...
    'twas CD, not Eidos. Eidos had no choice but to remove Core after making a crappy game because they weren't given enough time.

Quote Originally Posted by Phlip View Post
    'twas CD, not Eidos. Eidos had no choice but to remove Core after making a crappy game because they weren't given enough time.
    You mean it's CD's fault for making AOD? I actually gave up after Chronic. Core might not be involved anymore, but it's hardly their fault that Eidos decided to change the whole gameplay, thus presenting an entrirely new game disguised as the original Tomb Raider.

You mean it's CD's fault for making AOD? I actually gave up after Chronic. Core might not be involved anymore, but it's hardly their fault that Eidos decided to change the whole gameplay, thus presenting an entrirely new game disguised as the original Tomb Raider.
    CD do all the work, Eidos are not the ones who sit down next the the animators and say "Hey, I think Lara should have a wall-run feature..." - that's all CD, Eidos just do the financial work, thus, having to cut so many things out of eg. TRL so the game would be smaller to fit onto mobile phones etc..

CD do all the work, Eidos are not the ones who sit down next the the animators and say "Hey, I think Lara should have a wall-run feature..." - that's all CD, Eidos just do the financial work, thus, having to cut so many things out of eg. TRL so the game would be smaller to fit onto mobile phones etc..
    Both Eidos AND CD are heavily involved with the making of the game. As for the CORE issue, they're dead, a shame it is since they made great TR games, but we al have our own opinions. I haven't voted yet. TR is good and I would've voted for that but CD didnt cut it for me with TRL and I havent played TRA although playing the demo made me feel is 3-quarters baked and then rushed out.

I don't think they had to. They chose to because they felt AOD to was too big of a muck up and that it would be too big a risk to let Core do another game. (Even though I know they would have learned from their mistakes and not tried to do something that would take longer than the time they had)

I... think anyway...

Legacy Of Kain no doubt, but unfortunately the game publisher + developer's eyes had been covered by cash notes from Tomb Raider series game, therefore they don't feels like continue this great game.

Who do I write to then, CD or Eidos? I am going to make damn sure they sort the camera out properly for the next game.

*Kicks record player*

Very funny.

If only i could choose 2 variants.
    As for me, the best are TR & Hitman Series.

Eidos puplished it, but it was made by Looking Glass Studios. It's called Thief and the legacy of Thief is...

http://www.thief-thecircle.com/ and its forums www.ttlg.com

A community of players and mission designers who continue to push the limits of the Dark Engine. To this date 666 different fan made missions are avaliable for free public consumption. Enough Thiefy goodness to keep a beginner well occupied for a half a decade for about 20 dollars.

Really...Lara Who?

Thief Baby.

I registered specifically just to vote in this poll
    My vote goes to Thief. Brilliant Series.
    I am surprised Deus Ex has so few votes. but it's also one of my favourite series.

I was going to vote for "Tomb Raider", but unlike the first 6, Legend and Anniversary were simply terrible in my opinion, so I voted for "Theif" instead.

Thief!!!

Bring it TAFFERS!!

Thief with no doubt. Just reinstalled it and installed hundreds of FMs, started playing them with my daughter... A new generation of players is in making...

Thief fans are starting to turn the tide...

I feel sorry for Deus Ex, though ... groundbreaking game, but only 2 votes.

Deus Ex, no other game except Thief has made me feel so immersed.

I voted for Thief, and also because of the great fan missions available which have kept the community very much alive and taffing.

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast