Thread: OT: Death to Spies: 2nd CSF clone?

OT: Death to Spies: 2nd CSF clone?

Rolleyes OT: Death to Spies: 2nd CSF clone?

It seems that these days commandos has an impression of shorts.
    A second partial clone of CSF (but with... solo attitude) is Death to Spies.

The official site: http://www.deathtospies-thegame.com./

The story:

"Looking a bit like Commandos, developed by an unknown Russian studio and offering a mediocore portion of fun (6.1 at Gamespot). That’s action game Death to Spies, released few moments ago by group RELOADED. There was quite popular demoversion of this game so many of you might already played it and you can try the full version now…

Smersh is the Russian for “Death to Spies” and was the name of a set of counterintelligence departments in the Soviet Army formed during World War II. Their mission was to secure the rear of the active Red Army by arresting traitors, deserters, spies and criminal elements. During the war these agents became the main force combating the German intelligence service.

The game’s main character is a captain in the 4th department of the Soviet counterintelligence service. He is a professional spy trained to execute dangerous operations on his own. During missions he will have to complete various tasks in the heart of enemy territory including stealing important documents, eliminating different enemy officers or high-ranking officials, kidnapping and sabotage.

Game missions are based on real historical events and operations which were executed by the military intelligence and counterintelligence during the war."

Iakovos
    "May the Lords of Light wish you well"

Newsflash Editor (Commandos Tactics)
    Dropzone's Second In command (after the Boss, Jim Morris)
    www.strategyplanet.com/commandos/

Wow I haven't been here in quite some time. lol.

I tired the death to spies demo, and its incredible. Its the game CSF should of been, Its like Commandos 2 in third person. You can do so much more, drive vehicles (5 I believe, BMW-R75, Kubelwagen, Opel-Blitz, Merecedes SW & a ZIS truck), cutstomize inventory. There is load of wepaons to choose from and many different items to use, like a chloroform bottle (which you force into the mouths of enemy soldiers to put them to sleep and steal their uniforms)

Your character also doesn't have that overpowered feeling that he did in CSF, if you raise the alarm, shooting your way out won't work too well especially on the harder difficulty levels.

If you enjoyed C2 & was dissapointed with CSF try this game you might be very impressed. The maps are also very open.

BTW there are two demos, an english demo which features one mission and a russian demo which features one tutorial and another mission not found in the english demo. If you want to try out the russian demo in english, just copy the UI (UI.vfs) file from the english demo's installation directory and paste into the directory you installed the russian demo. So you will be able to try out 2 full missions from the full game before deciding.

Sorry to bump an old thread. It looked from the footage like a cross between the Hitman series (with it's disguise function, UI, and attention meter) as well as the Commandos series. It has average to mixed scores on Metacritic, is it worth getting?

Originally Posted by The Youth Counselor
    Sorry to bump an old thread. It looked from the footage like a cross between the Hitman series (with it's disguise function, UI, and attention meter) as well as the Commandos series. It has average to mixed scores on Metacritic, is it worth getting?
    It certainly is.
    Amazing game and is what CSF should've been.
    I was really impressed and I enjoyed it a ton.